• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Revealed, Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

RoKKeR

I still think this was a weird way to close the show. Not sure we needed such an extensive and slow demo so far ahead of release. Wasn't blown away like I thought I would be, so we'll see about the final game.

Tadale

I got the impression that this was very early - like they barely had time to write any of the dialog. I bet that sequence ends up being very different in the final game, if it's in there at all.

I got the impression that this was very early - like they barely had time to write any of the dialog. I bet that sequence ends up being very different in the final game, if it's in there at all.

Undoubtedly. I mean, MS announced they bought Gears of War less than a year and a half ago, and we're what, another 15 months from launch, at least? I was surprised we saw anything in-engine period, let alone a playable sequence. There's still a long way to go.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The first impression of the lead character was kind of bland to me. He didn't have any kind of distinctive characteristics.

That's what I thought. He felt like he was grabbed from an ABC special or he was just an average character. He could have been killed off and I would have cared less. That's sad to say, but I believe it.

I liked Marcus. He was an enjoyable cast member.

I don't know what they're thinking, but the new cast looks forgettable. I didn't like a young Marcus either. I liked Gears 1 - 3's cast.

This new guy looks like he was made as a concept model. IMO They should have scrapped him a long time ago. I hate that I have no say in their new design, but someone at the top thinks this is just amazing.

This demo felt more like an atmospheric piece than an actual demo. With 16+ months to finish the game, no doubt we'll see the actual meat and potatoes of Gears 4 @ E3 2016.

I believe this is how the Gears 3 demo was. It wasn't in the final game or it was very different.

Skux

The black levels are still the same (and correct) in the YouTube video lol. We're talking Doom 3 levels of darkness.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
The first impression of the lead character was kind of bland to me. He didn't have any kind of distinctive characteristics.

That really bothered me. So darn stereotypical, boring and... well, you said it, bland!
Please, Rod... fix this shit!

Not much for the monters either. Reminded me more of Resident Evil than Gears.

Other than that? Hype! MP better be great!

Theorry

Hopefully the change the lead abit. Always think of Sunset Overdrive and how much the "lead" changed in vids. So i am hopefull its possible.

Reveal

sunset.jpg

Release

hqdefault.jpg

highrider

Banned
Reminds me of the Halo campaign demo in that while not looking bad at all, it's just not a demo I would ever chose to reveal a game to the public. Kind of flat and uninteresting.

Top Bottom