• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Discussion

REV 09

typhonsentra said:
Point taken, and most of us knew that already. But thanks for the confirmation.
i hope by "most of us" you mean "everyone but you" considering you're the one arguing that the cutscene models weren't the same as the ingame models.

REV 09

typhonsentra said:
Some of those shots are from cutscenes, which would obviously be from the singleplayer mode and would look better than the ingame models. Even then, it doesn't look as good.
here you go

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Poor indie85... and his poor attempt at trolling... Epic shows nothing but in-engine media since day one, regardless of what game they make...

On top of that, you compared a SP pic to a MP pic - nevermind the fact that besides the lighting, heavy smoke, Marcus' new look, and blur effects, they practically look the same...

Plus, CliffyB himself came in personally and set you straight...

Better luck next time - now it's time to back to oogling Gears of War!

pestul

I can't believe how cold and lifeless the old shots look compared to the new look of the game to be honest.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Tieno said:
Gif of the headshot (credit goes to Madfish at the gears of war forums )

gow_head_pop.gif
Even nicer!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
typhonsentra said:
He's right though. This game looks nothing like the bullshots from last year, not even the non-interactive cutscenes.

Are you implying that we were watching CG last year? That would be very Killzone 2ish. And you are blatantly trying to bring this game down and reaching a bit.

SnakeXs said:
Or "ingame" as in "stop it, your foot's in your mouth, run along now, thanks".

Whatever, if you want to lie about what I said and make it fit into what you want it to be, that's your perogative. I'll leave now before I get ganked again for not pretending this game looks as good as good as it did last year.

typhonsentra said:
Ingame as in "In the gameplay".

No you ----- you are saying the cut-scenes look better then the in-game character models... implying that the cut-scenes aren't real-time..

I really don't know what you are trying to argue here...

GhaleonEB

typhonsentra said:
Whatever, if you want to lie about what I said and make it fit into what you want it to be, that's your perogative. I'll leave now before I get ganked again for not pretending this game looks as good as good as it did last year.
What you are doing is furiously de-railing the thread.

REV 09

Karma Kramer said:
No you #### you are saying the cut-scenes look better then the in-game character models... implying that the cut-scenes aren't real-time..

I really don't know what you are trying to argue here...
might want to edit that out.

indie85

Banned
Poor xbots, I smell desperation in the air.
I guess some 'compromises' were made to get this thing running more than 15fps, the shots.do.not.lie :)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So, guys, how about that E-Day?

Seriously, this game has a small chance of being a huge let down, but if everything is aligned right, God we're gonna be in for a treat.

X06 better bring a ton of new footage and media and info. Make it happen, Cliffy. Trailer + gameplay footage, in HD, on Live. Mmm mmm.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SnakeXs said:
So, guys, how about that E-Day?

Seriously, this game has a small chance of being a huge let down, but if everything is aligned right, God we're gonna be in for a treat.

X06 better bring a ton of new footage and media and info. Make it happen, Cliffy. Trailer + gameplay footage, in HD, on Live. Mmm mmm.

I will take this day off from work to play it all day and night.

m0dus said:
and Karma--I think he's actually implying that the game uses more detailed realtime models in cut-scenes, which, as far as I know, is a pretty flimsy bass for criticizing the game, but whatever.

Hmm... its possible but who cares, and what does that prove... and why make a fuss about it now?

GhaleonEB

typhonsentra said:
If everyone will just shut-up about what I said, how about we let this be my last post in this thread?
high-five.jpg

Back on topic: I didn't know this was going to have character deformation, such as blown off heads.

I like it. I wonder if the chainsaw leaves permanent damage as well.

REV 09

indie85 said:
I guess some 'compromises' were made to get this thing running more than 15fps, the shots.do.not.lie :)
??? the ingame footage from E305, TGS05, X05, G4TV, and E306 does.not.lie.either. The shots look great, and we've seen the game in motion plenty of times to get a feel for how truly impressive it is.

Well I'm going to get the game this fall since I have a 360 and since it's the most hyped title this fall for it but to be honest I don't really know why. I don't really know what makes it unique. I saw the E3 videos and they look cool I guess but I didn't really see anything gameplay wise that blew my mind or I had never seen before. Just curious as to why others are very excited for this title when I don't quite get it. And this ain't a troll post. I own a 360. I'm getting the game so don't pull out the I'm a secret Ps3 fan card. I ain't getting that system probably ever and I've yet to even really see a decent title on that system. So why are you people excited for this game and are there any more details on the mulitplayer? It's at least 8 on 8 right? If not I'm going to be a little upset. Thx.

GhaleonEB

indie85 said:
Looks as good, or better, than what we saw last year. And we know how it runs from E3.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Stoney Mason said:
Well I'm going to get the game this fall since I have a 360 and since it's the most hyped title this fall for it but to be honest I don't really know why. I don't really know what makes it unique. I saw the E3 videos and they look cool I guess but I didn't really see anything gameplay wise that blew my mind or I had never seen before. Just curious as to why others are very excited for this title when I don't quite get it. And this ain't a troll post. I own a 360. I'm getting the game so don't pull out the I'm a secret Ps3 fan card. I ain't getting that system probably ever and I've yet to even really see a decent title on that system. So why are you people excited for this game and are there any more details on the mulitplayer? It's at least 8 on 8 right? If not I'm going to be a little upset. Thx.

Honestly? It seems to be my type of action. I'm not a UT/FPS type of guy, really. I'm good at them, but I don't enjoy them much. Gears is much more along the lines of what I enjoy, shooter wise. A bit tactical, a bit more substance than simply point and shoot.

Add in a mix of awesome, awesome art (environments, not so much testosterone shading), a great looking gameplay scenario/story, some cool Live features, co-op (which I ****ing adore), and, to many, the fact that it's one of, if not the, best looking game around, and you have potential. Plus it has a ton of little touches, like the running water, or the momentum behind the camera, that just seem to show a level of polsih and detail that's simply exciting.

GhaleonEB

indie85 said:
They were running at 15fps though :)
Eh, the footage and impressions for the people who played it disagrees. I know it stings when the reality doesn't jive with your desperate trolling, but that's life.

Everyone: Just add him to your ignore list and move on. Don't quote him.

Tieno

Stoney Mason said:
Gameplay wise, it'll probably not reinvent the wheel, but it seems like the stuff it aims to do, it'll do really well. Borowing from other games and improving on things. It has great graphics and good action horror gore vibe, all very polished. Gameplay impressions from journalists have been very positive. Epic is the developer and CliffyB is a 'poet' in describing/pimping his game.

pestul

Stoney Mason said:
I don't know really, it just looks like a head-splattering good time.
- Crazy gore
- Unbelievable graphics
- Story-driven
- Multi-player which matches graphics from single
- Devs having fun with the community for ideas

I can understand people not liking the class of game though, but damn does it ever look fun to me.

TheDuce22

Banned
indie85 said:

And people complain about too many trolls in sony threads? The worst thing you see there is "xbox can do this" and its debatable if thats even a troll.

REV 09

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=5590
Here's some footage from G4TV.com, it's over a year old, but i don't think that many people have seen it. The key section i want to point out is the the level entrance cutscene where they get off the aircraft. The models are ingame and are the SAME as the models in the gameplay...again, THIS ISN'T NEW FOOTAGE, it's much earlier than the E306 stuff.

GhaleonEB

Stoney Mason said:
Also, bear in mind the gameplay is very different from a fps. It's much more tactical, and team-oriented. So 16 players is not required. That said, I have not seen any final number yet. I'm hoping for 6 vs 6.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Wollan said:
I'm not really in this discussion but why would you want to ban a guy that points out the fps issue? It had fps issues albeit not 15fps(this year). But ok, if this means the mods will go through other threads and clean up some, please do.
Have you even looked at his other posts?

GhaleonEB

Wollan said:
I'm not really in this discussion but why would you want to ban a guy that points out the fps issue? It had fps issues albeit not 15fps(this year). But ok, if this means the mods will go through other threads and clean up some, please do.
He just switched tactics, from crying "downgrade" to "well it runs at 15fps". Which is does not. It DID have issues at E3 in transitions in the SP demo. But that's not what he's doing.

GhaleonEB said:
Also, bear in mind the gameplay is very different from a fps. It's much more tactical, and team-oriented. So 16 players is not required. That said, I have not seen any final number yet. I'm hoping for 6 vs 6.

Well the fact that it's more tactical I really didn't know. I like Ghost Recon and I know it won't go that far but if it's even just a bit more tactical than your average FPS then I would like that. I guess it's sort of silly to demand a set number when I haven't exactly seen the size of the environments but what I don't want is 4 on 4 running around in Call of Duty size worlds. That was annoying.

Stoney Mason said:
Well the fact that it's more tactical I really didn't know. I like Ghost Recon and I know it won't go that far but if it's even just a bit more tactical than your average FPS then I would like that. I guess it's sort of silly to demand a set number when I haven't exactly seen the size of the environments but what I don't want is 4 on 4 running around in Call of Duty size worlds. That was annoying.

My word of advice is just wait till the game comes out and rent it. It you like it buy it... if not then don't.

indie85

Banned
Wow, campaign of bannage just for me?
I must be popular :D
Seems you guys can give it, but not take it eh? Something to think about.

cue another page of ''off with his head''

Karma Kramer said:
My word of advice is just wait till the game comes out and rent it. It you like it buy it... if not then don't.

Well obviously. Doesn't mean asking questions in a Gears of War discussion thread isn't worth some effort. :)

TheDuce22

Banned
indie85 said:
Wow, campaign of bannage just for me?
I must be popular :D
Seems you guys can give it, but not take it eh? Something to think about.

cue another page of ''off with his head''

Give what?

Top Bottom