• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Discussion

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Even though I will never probably get a 360, this game ****ING ROCKS!!! Damn this is one of the best looking games of all times.

BenjaminBirdie said:
You know, it just dawned on me how immersive that rainwater pouring down from cracks in the ceiling is going to be. Oh God damn this game could be three hours long and I will never stop playing.
:D :D :D

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Mansion_SniperHS_004.jpg

Does anyone know what it says in the corner? I see Cliffy B, but...I can't read the little font.

Tieno

BenjaminBirdie said:
Looks like it. Check out the frame before it.
M rating for sure. I like the 'no holding back' approach this game seems to have. Reminds me of God of War.

Tieno

tHa_vIlLaMaN said:
I posted these last night, but the thread got locked for some reason...

http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/a73e3f2f12a0e7f5470dcf46639302f8.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/0933fd9348b44be8125bbff142866080.jpg[/MG]
[IMG]http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/15910ba3585abaa38f1390d89eb0e4d9.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
It's because they're from E3 2006 and old.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Tieno said:
That's strange. I never saw the first one.

If I could only get one game this fall which is probably the case then this would be it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Tieno said:

Ah, that's why - I saw his post last night and wondered why the hell it got locked before a single post... especially since I never saw those particular pics before... oh well...

And daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmnnnn @ those new pics... holy CRAP!!!

tHa_vIlLaMaN, you are my new best friend for posting these AWESOME pics... new environments and weapon and all!!! Gears of War is still showing why it's the best looking game out there, released or not, period...

That XBL thread where I said that Gears of War only has a chance of topping Halo 2 for the #1 spot on Live? I take that back... it WILL take the #1 spot for sure now...

To add to what everyone else has said, the blood in this game is f'ing SICK man - and that sniper head shot takes the cake - that's one of the many things that I love about this game - they aren't pussying out, and they aren't holding back with the gore one bit... awesome...

November 17th has to come quicker... damn!!!

Skilotonn said:
Ah, that's why - I saw his post last night and wondered why the hell it got locked before a single post... especially since I never saw those particular pics before... oh well...

And daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmnnnn @ those new pics... holy CRAP!!!

tHa_vIlLaMaN, you are my new best friend for posting these AWESOME pics... new environments and weapon and all!!! Gears of War is still showing why it's the best looking game out there, released or not, period...

That XBL thread where I said that Gears of War only has a chance of topping Halo 2 for the #1 spot on Live? I take that back... it WILL take the #1 spot for sure now...

To add to what everyone else has said, the blood in this game is f'ing SICK man - and that sniper head shot takes the cake - that's one of the many things that I love about this game - they aren't pussying out, and they aren't holding back with the gore one bit... awesome...

November 17th has to come quicker... damn!!!
It's Nov 12th actually :D

typhonsentra said:
He's right though. This game looks nothing like the bullshots from last year, not even the non-interactive cutscenes.

Who on Earth actually thought a moving functional video game would look as good as a CG motion picture?

pestul

:lol @ him for comparing an online multiplayer shot with the single-player campaign. That said, the environment from that original shot/enemy hasn't really been revisited.. I believe the atmosphere of the game now looks better than it did then.

Funky Papa said:
Yes, because a multiplayer screen with nothing but dust and a enemy in the background is such a fair comparison.

Some of those shots are from cutscenes, which would obviously be from the singleplayer mode and would look better than the ingame models. Even then, it doesn't look as good.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Who on Earth actually thought a moving functional video game would look as good as a CG motion picture?

Last I heard, the E3 2005 demo was realtime.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
typhonsentra said:
Some of those shots are from cutscenes, which would obviously be from the singleplayer mode and would look better than the ingame models. Even then, it doesn't look as good.

Got any proof of that?

Wait, forget it, you're not even worth it. Keep trying, though, it's funny, really.

typhonsentra said:

EmbryIntro003.jpg

That looks better imo... look at the metal

If we are just comparing the character model I think it has improved.

typhonsentra said:
Last I heard, the E3 2005 demo was realtime.

And that's where that shot came from? The freaking foliage meets Advent Children shot? Come now. Don't make me play the Mayostardayonnaise Lincoln card again.

:D

careksims

I cannot wait for this game. It wants you scream blasphemy at the enemy as you drive your chainsaw gun into it's heart.

SnakeXs said:
Got any proof of that?

Wait, forget it, you're not even worth it. Keep trying, though, it's funny, really.

Classy... anyway, we've seen singleplayer shots and they don't look as good as the ones in those two shots. Plus things tend to look better in cinema sequences so..... yeah.

Karma Kramer said:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/elxhema/EmbryIntro003.jpg

That looks better imo... look at the metal

If we are just comparing the character model I think it has improved.

I don't think so. Look:

gears_x360_large_1.jpg

The textures looked more like something from Bioshock. Nice to see hair though. :p

CliffyB said:
Once again...

Everything we've ever shown was from the engine. All cutscenes are realtime.

Point taken, and most of us knew that already. But thanks for the confirmation.

Top Bottom