• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition out now on Windows 10

20cent

Banned
Everyone here has a gsync monitor ? Or is it just the typical whining without prior intent to buy the game anyway?

If it was cross buy and I could play with my buddy on Xbone(coop) I'd buy it sight unseen. But as it is, I'll wait for a sale.

Everyone here has a gsync monitor ? Or is it just the typical whining without prior intent to buy the game anyway?

I do. I'd imagine that more people here do than what is common across the world.

Jin

This is the first game I've heard where Gsync causes performance degradation. I hope Nvidia releases a driver soon because there's no way I'm turning off Gsync just for one game. This is so frustrating.

I do. You may want to check out the huge ass thread title "G-Sync is the god level of gaming" thread and see how many people post there.

This is the first game I've heard where Gsync causes performance degradation. I hope Nvidia releases a driver soon because there's no way I'm turning off Gsync just for one game. This is so frustrating.

Turning Gsync on and off is 3 clicks. But yes, I agree with you in principle.

hlhbk

So for shits and giggles I decided to try the Windows store since its only $30. I meet all of the requirements, and when I click install I get the following:

TuJb.png

Fucking really Microsoft? I have verified I have enough space on my HDD. There are other reports on the store about this issue. I have tried using wsreset, rebooting, went through another article about fixing this error by setting my region and still get the same error.

I can't find anywhere to tell the store where to download the game, and I have 100 GB free on my C drive so I am moving 42 GB to another drive to see if that helps. Anyone run into this and know the fix?

Great fucking store Microsoft.

UPDATE:

I now have 146 GB free on my C drive and get the same error. I have verified I can download other apps just fine via the store. SMH Microsoft.

Papacheeks

Banned
Forbes has a link for the issues related to AMD cards.

It is to say the least nutts they would let this release like this.

According to The coalition they are making updates, to fix the issue.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition

psp12345

When I try to start the game the title screen is only visible for a second then disappear.
The Window Store really sucks. Got an error message when downloading so I had to start over and now I can't even play the game.

Steam is so much better.

Zeta Oni

Absolutely hilarious there are several posts dedicated to trying to get the game as cheap as possible through region manipulating all while a member of the coalition is here trying to help everyone's issues.

And by hilarious, I mean disgusting.

From Nvidia website:

Ready For Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

Also out today is Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, an enhanced version of the package launched on Xbox One last year. Included in the release are remasters of Gears of War 1, 2 and 3, running at 60 FPS in both the campaign and multiplayer modes, and a few new multiplayer features. Furthermore, the PC edition's graphical fidelity is improved through the introduction of NVIDIA HBAO+ Ambient Occlusion shadowing, higher-quality visual effects, and the option to use higher-rendering resolutions, up to and including 4K.

I didn't know it was GOW1-3. I thought it was just 1.

Kezen

Banned
From Nvidia website:

I didn't know it was GOW1-3. I thought it was just 1.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TELLING ME §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

goldenpp72

No Cross play I'm guessing because of mouse and keyboard? Wish they did crossbuy but maybe the staggered release would make that difficult.

Cross platform play should be allowed if both are using an xbox one or 360 controller, and otherwise not, imo.

sprinkles

I am not on my PC right now - is it possible to buy the game on the Windows Store in Germany? (Original Gears of War was on the "Index")

Zojirushi

I am not on my PC right now - is it possible to buy the game on the Windows Store in Germany? (Original Gears of War was on the "Index")

Just checked and nope, can't find it.

And without the option of puchasing this in a foreign country's store Germany pretty much gets fucked on this one I think.

scitek

The game runs at a decent framerate for me, but the typical UE3 jank with its stuttering anytime it streams in new data is the worst.

Jito

Banned
Absolutely hilarious there are several posts dedicated to trying to get the game as cheap as possible through region manipulating all while a member of the coalition is here trying to help everyone's issues.

And by hilarious, I mean disgusting.

What's really disguating is selling old games at full price.

sprinkles

Just checked and nope, can't find it.

And without the option of puchasing this in a foreign country's store Germany pretty much gets fucked on this one I think.
Plus there is no way to just buy "Windows 10 Store game codes" on 3rd party re-seller sites to active them on your account like Steam keys, right?

Kezen

Banned
The game runs at a decent framerate for me, but the typical UE3 jank with its stuttering anytime it streams in new data is the worst.

Did the crude lack of decent AF hurt your experience ? Is it possible to correct course through driver af ?

I'm disappointed in PC gaf.

beeswax

Excitement level reduced. Still not 50% downloaded yet, probably won't be able to play for a few hours.

scitek

I'm playing it from a new-ish (less than 6 months old) SSD, too, so it likely isn't a hardware issue on my end.

netBuff

I certainly do. Not supporting something every other game does without problems due to absurd application sand boxing in the Windows Store is ridiculous.

With the new drivers installed I bought the game. So nice they worked it out, and can't wait to play. With gsync not working in cutscenes I hope it is not too bad when they pop up. This makes me a lot more excited for Microsoft games on PC now

Top Bottom