• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition out now on Windows 10

Kareha

I hope that the new Nvidia driver fixes the GSync issues, cos there's no way in hell I'm buying a game that makes GSync not work.

Kezen

Banned
Not sure you could force AF, you cannot select the game in the Nvidia control panel because there is not .exe.

So we are stuck with 4xAF ?

Magnificent news and my deepest congratulations to The Coalition for having overlooked such a crucial PC feature.

Fantastic !

Jito

Banned
A. It's a remaster, that launched less than a year ago.

B. The game launched at 40, so not full price.

C. And? Still absolutely disgusting imo.

Still way over priced to me, should be like £20.

Then don't buy it :)

Can't even if I wanted too, not part of the Windows 10 closed system yet.

You should probably do maybe two seconds of research before shitposting.

1) It's a full remake of Gears of War 1

2) It's 30 bucks

I'm not shitposting, but thanks for being an asshole.

So it's still the exact same game with prettier graphics? Still overpriced.

No couch co-op is the cherry on the top, removing key features and charging the same price is scummy.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Almost grabbed this but no couch co-op? Man that's a harsh removal

That's your fault for expecting an Ultimate Edition to have everything. :p I was going to try and get it on the cheap with regional pricing, but after hearing that I will just laugh as this game fails miserably.

That's your fault for expecting an Ultimate Edition to have everything. :p I was going to try and get it on the cheap with regional pricing, but after hearing that I will just laugh as this game fails miserably.

"I wanted to cheat my way into getting it for next to nothing but I can't so instead ill laugh as it fails"

....fuck outta here with this shitty attitude man.

Buburibon

If there is no .exe that won't work.

Oh well hoping for them to get their shit together at some point.

What a bunch of fools.

I see. I've always thought the global settings applied to anything running on the GPU, be it games, apps, or what have you. That's how the performance profile "Adaptive/Prefer maximum performance" works, anyway.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So are Gears 2 and 3 ever coming to PC? I've already played the first one and would like to check out the complete trilogy.

SliChillax

So are Gears 2 and 3 ever coming to PC? I've already played the first one and would like to check out the complete trilogy.

I'm sure they will. They didn't release the first one for no reason. I expect a Gears 2 remake to be announced at E3.

Neo_Geo

Banned
"I wanted to cheat my way into getting it for next to nothing but I can't so instead ill laugh as it fails"

A sale is a sale, and MS is absolutely going about these releases in the worst way possible. Should I mention their "shitty attitude" in making the original GoW on PC have an expiration date and it not being able to played legitimately after some superficial date? I will stay and watch them make all the wrong moves, thanks.

Addnan

Does the download restart if you pause it? Seems really buggy. Progress doesn't move, but if you pause and unpause it shows it went up but if you do it again it goes down in progression.

Does the download restart if you pause it? Seems really buggy. Progress doesn't move, but if you pause and unpause it shows it went up but if you do it again it goes down in progression.

No it doesn't restart. The display of the progress bar is buggy though. Just start the download and let it go in the background.

A. It's a remaster, that launched less than a year ago.

B. The game launched at 40, so not full price.

C. And? Still absolutely disgusting imo.

What's really disgusting is that Microsoft is setting US prices on the Bosnian store, we're not even close to that economic standard.

There is no break to give. AF is a very simple feature and surely The Coalition's personnel have worked on PC projects before.

This is raw incompetence, nothing more.

Ease up, dude... That's incredibly disrespectful. There's someone from Coalition in the threads right now helping out.

kodecraft

Absolutely hilarious there are several posts dedicated to trying to get the game as cheap as possible through region manipulating all while a member of the coalition is here trying to help everyone's issues.

And by hilarious, I mean disgusting.

People are used to their GMG and CD Keys which don't apply here. Spend dat money.

Kezen

Banned
Ease up, dude... That's incredibly disrespectful. There's someone from Coalition in the threads right now helping out.

Not getting such basic features right warrants this 100%. I don't care they are "helping out", I judge the product as it is and very low AF is simply unacceptable to me.

Not getting such basic features right warrants this 100%. I don't care they are "helping out", I judge the product as it is and very low AF is simply unacceptable to me.

There's nothing that says it won't be patched in later.

Chill, seriously.

Mifec

What's really disgusting is that Microsoft is setting US prices on the Bosnian store, we're not even close to that economic standard.

Same for steam, I'm well off so I routinely buy games for my friends here in Croatia(else they'd just pirate) because for some reason games should be priced the same as Germany and not low income regions like Ukraine, I know your pain friend.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Absolutely hilarious there are several posts dedicated to trying to get the game as cheap as possible through region manipulating all while a member of the coalition is here trying to help everyone's issues.

And by hilarious, I mean disgusting.

The game is grossly overpriced for the content held in the game. I would say MS is more disgusting to release this for more than $15.

derExperte

I am not on my PC right now - is it possible to buy the game on the Windows Store in Germany? (Original Gears of War was on the "Index")

No, the purchase button is greyed out. But there's a price and the USK logo so who knows, might get unlocked later.

Wat, I really didn't expect this lol. Don't know if I'm ready for this yet tbh. Hope the port is good, I'll probably get it sooner or later.

CHC

Yeah there's some stuff going on in here that I think is a bit much. I mean I get that Windows 10 store is not ideal, but some of this is beyond the pale.

The potential problems that the windows store can cause already becomes very apparent.

Something as simple as AF which could have been easily fixed if you could force it yourself. Now you have to rely on the developer patching every little thing because you can't fix anything yourself.

Jin

The game is grossly overpriced for the content held in the game. I would say MS is more disgusting to release this for more than $15.

Defending regional manipulation and wanting MS to fail is incredibly petty. $30 is nowhere near "disgusting". It sounds like you have some personal issue with MS.

Kezen

Banned
The potential problems that the windows store can cause already becomes very apparent.

Something as simple as AF which could have been easily fixed if you could force it yourself. Now you have to rely on the developer patching every little thing because you can't fix anything yourself.

That alone makes me very worried. AF is no minor feature.

Top Bottom