• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War's EMERGENCE DAY on November 12

bishoptl said:
*taps shoulder*

And for the rest of you who dropped into this thread just to bitch about how GoW isn't Halo, feel free to smarten up as well. If you're going to bitch about anything, ask why MS is pushing up the price on a first party title instead of passing the licensing savings on to consumers.

carry on

And I suppose it was real productive to bitch about how a game doesn't pander to one's own personal likes and thus is a mystery as to why anyone else would find it compelling?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shogmaster said:
If we are gonna be engaging in debates over why one game is not exciting to another person's personal preferences, we might as well just spend the time masterbating. A lot more productive that way.

But I can do that while still typing....see?

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
BlizzyAzz said:
Live Chat with Mark:

[15:52] * MarkRein[Epic] has joined #gearsofwar

[15:52] <MarkRein[Epic]> Bla bla bla NDA yada yada yada

What's the source on that Blizzy? Is there a version with the questions in it?

GhaleonEB

No game appeals to everyone, so I can see why lots of people are not interested; even the almightly Halo has a ~1:4 attach rate with XBox owners.

That said, this will the *the* game for the 360 this fall, and it will be one of the best selling titles this year. It's going to HUGE. I'm interested in more details on the game modes, but I suspect we'll have to wait unitl the end of September for that, at X06.

siege

Banned
So basically the same date as Halo 2 was launched. All that hype and bullshit for a release date. Way to go marketing!

siege said:
So basically the same date as Halo 2 was launched. All that hype and bullshit for a release date. Way to go marketing!

You know, to everyone else, who doesn't go to GAF every day and read rumors about release dates every week, this is actually big, ginormous news.

velvet_nitemare said:

This is the first announced release date...?

Again, to the great unGAFfed masses, this is the release date to a game that did not have one, a game that a lot of people want. (A game that maybe a few people saw on MTV, etc.)

Don't let me spoil your fun though.

kaching said:
to the unGAFed masses, this isn't even registering yet.

It will now though. I can almost guarantee that the next words out of retail gamestore clerks mouth will be "Do you want pre-order GoW, it comes out on Nov. 12th?".....well they won't be the next words but they'll be the words after the pre-ordering Madden spiel.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BenjaminBirdie said:
The game or the announcement? The first one, you're wrong, the second one, you're right.
Don't try to manufacture confusion just so you have an excuse to claim I'm wrong about something ;) You know full well which I was referring to.

kaching said:
Don't try to manufacture confusion just so you have an excuse to claim I'm wrong about something ;) You know full well which I was referring to.

Honestly, if I did I wouldn't have asked. Which are you referring to?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BenjaminBirdie said:
Honestly, if I did I wouldn't have asked. Which are you referring to?
Your quote, in context, is referring to the announcement. How hard is this?

kaching said:
Your quote, in context, is referring to the announcement. How hard is this?

Harder than you thought...? I guess...?

Anyway, as someone just noted, it'll be registering soon enough at your local Games Shoppe.

Mrbob

So this game is going to have a huge marketing budget? I guess MS is passing the cost onto the consumer then for this marketing campaign. I'm interested in this game (although I'm not in awe of it at the moment), but I think MS charging 60 and 70 for the two versions is bullshit as it is a first party release. Gears of War should be $49.99 for the regular version and $59.99 for the CE. I'll still buy it anyway so I guess my complaining isn't going to do any good, damn it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BenjaminBirdie said:
Harder than you thought...? I guess...?
No, not hard at all, you're just playing dumb :lol

Anyway, as someone just noted, it'll be registering soon enough at your local Games Shoppe.
When the nationwide marketing campaign goes into full bore, more likely.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
threeball said:
Best looking? Who gives a rat's ass? So I guess graphics now determine how good a game is... carry on
It's not like everyone who played it at E3 raved about it. :rolleyes

Please go back to playing your NES.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GhaleonEB said:
No game appeals to everyone, so I can see why lots of people are not interested; even the almightly Halo has a ~1:4 attach rate with XBox owners.

Good point, and puts my comments in context I guess.

manxor

Sunday huh? Whatever, I can't wait... this game makes me moist.

I still want my "BIG" announcement though.... :(

Azazela

Banned
To be honest it's timed really well, I'm really tempted to make myself a 360 Christmas present or something like that :D

squicken

[16:15] <MarkRein[Epic]> xTNxcRySis--> We've only announced the game for PC and PS3 and we only have it working on PC and PS3. We're not doing any Xbox360 development for UT2007 at this time.

==========

Most interesting thing in this thread. The BIG announcement was ultimately confirmation of almost everyone's assumption as to when the game would ship.

GFord

dark10x said:
See, I don't know...the E3 build is one of the reasons why I'm questioning the game. There were a lot of things that weren't completed (obviously) and the quality of the game hinges upon those decisions (not completely, of course).

I think it will at least be GOOD, but I'm hoping they aim for TRULY GREAT and reach it.

I share some of the same concern's myself. I saw that GOW special on MTV and Epic was jumping thru all kind's of hoop's just to get the E3 demo running decently up to just a day or two before E3...and that was just for the demo.

Hopefully Nov. 12th is not a rush job to get GOW out before/around PS3 launch since MS obviously couldn't get Halo 3 out.

GFord said:
I share some of the same concern's myself. I saw that GOW special on MTV and Epic was jumping thru all kind's of hoop's just to get the E3 demo running decent up to just before E3...and that was just for the demo.

Hopefully Nov. 12th is not a rush job to get GOW out before/around PS3 launch since they obviously could get Halo 3 out.

Huh? How could they obviously get Halo 3 out? How in hell would it be ready again?

Top Bottom