• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carn82

I would seriously fund a Kickstarter-esque project that would bring WipeOut HD/Pure/2048 over to PS4. And for extra goals it would include the older games, altough I guess it would be more work to port that over.

thuway

You know what would be the one announcement to shut down GAF. I'm shocked you guys haven't thought of it yet.

Grand Theft Auto 6 - Exclusive. Now as YosP would say, let me dream.

The salt mines will be endless if GTA6 was to be exclusive to PS4.

Wouldn't happen anyway. Too much integrity will be lost on Rockstar's front and there is no gain from moneyhats, honestly.

Footos22

Literally almost every single person. A new Crash is dumb idea. Having ND work on it would be an unforgivable abomination.

This.

no matter how much nostaliga people have for this series. Its dated to hell. Activision tried new ideas. No one cared then, no one will care now.

it's not about how they look, but how they play. crash 2 in particular is just confusing as all hell for me to grasp my head around. i have no idea where to go or what to do or what i'm unlocking. the levels are serviceable, but it's generally confusing. visually they're rather good for their era (and even elicit some nostalgia from me as i did enjoy them in the 90s whenever i had the chance), but really trying to give each one a go in 2014 is pretty painful. again, from an actual gameplay perspective.

you know what might actually work though? if media.molecule took crash and made it the morpheus's killer app. think about it. the game already employs a somewhat first-person view with its unconventional take on 3d platforming. it would be a pretty good fit for early vr, push some nosalgia buttons, and probably be fairly interesting to play through. and with media.molecule, i'm sure they'd be able to put their own fun and unique twists on such a thing.

I'm surprised you say that as I 100% Crash 2 when I was 7 years old. My mother who had only ever played Sonic on the Megadrive also managed to complete it as she got hooked on it too. I found it really straight forward to be honest!

I'd be down for Morpheus support for anything. More games that support it the better.

thuway

Honestly, no thank you to Crash. The gameplay design was seen in Knack, and we all know how that went over. Give me:

1. Cat Bird
2. GTA VI exclusive
3. Street Fighter V exclusive

I'll be good for the next generation than.

Pachimari

Modernize Crash Bandicoot. Make it open world like Jak & Daxter and let us have a kart to drive around in. Or just the motorcycle is fine.

Nobody says it have to be like the original trilogy. Mario have changed it up a lot of times.

#BringBackCrash

Modernize Crash Bandicoot. Make it open world like Jak & Daxter and make let us have a kart to drive around in.

Nobody says it have to be like the original trilogy. Mario have changed it up a lot of times.

#BringBackCrash

That actually sounds awesome! 4 player co-op with the gang? with Races around the open world?

Best of both worlds. CTR and the original trilogy :D

Hazaku

All I'm asking for is news about The Last Guardian and Sony Bend's new game.

And a Crash Bandicoot
Skylanders pack

rdrr gnr

Honestly, no thank you to Crash. The gameplay design was seen in Knack, and we all know how that went over. Give me:

1. Cat Bird
2. GTA VI exclusive
3. Street Fighter V exclusive

I'll be good for the next generation than.
So you want Sony to pay tens of millions of dollars to essentially prevent players on other platforms access to games?

thuway

Wouldn't happen anyway. Too much integrity will be lost on Rockstar's front and there is no gain from moneyhats, honestly.

What if you replaced GTA 6 with Red Dead something :)? Hm. Brace yourself though, Saturday, is, coming. My hype is on over drive. I'm about to Limit Break.

This.

no matter how much nostaliga people have for this series. Its dated to hell. Activision tried new ideas. No one cared then, no one will care now.
Nonsense!
Just look at some PS boards.
You can read/hear it all the time.
PS fans want Crash back!
And regarding a new Crash game: Of course you have to "modernize" the gameplay.
Look at Mario. Compare Super Mario 64 with Super Mario Galaxy.

Ishan

So you want Sony to pay tens of millions of dollars to essentially prevent players on other platforms access to games?

One I think gta as an exlusive won't happen not a fat chance in hell . But that said what's with the exlusive hate . Is nd making uc suddenly 20 million for making sure the game is just on a platform? Is a business . And yes money is money and it's what funds developments and allows companies to survive and so are exclusives. . I'm against misinformation and to some extent time exclusives (because invariably there is misinformation about the timeline with them ) but exclusives are perfectly fine IMO even paid ones .

thuway

Lol do you really think a bird with any feathers would ever believe GTA VI is going exclusive to PS4? :)

I'm dreaming. Let me dream. I want to see the meltdowns. I see them in my dreams.

StuBurns

Banned
The fundamental difference between a money hat and a first party game is that the first party is the publisher, and is receiving the profit. If Sony paid to lock down GTA (which is an impossibility), they wouldn't be profiting from that absurd expenditure. Sony will make lots of money from GT7/UC4, that's reason to pay for it. Not to fuck over XBO owners as would be the case with GTA.

Personally, I don't care for or against money hats, they seem like very bad business, but that's about it.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Moon over the castle

Probably far too early for a GT7 reveal... Which is fortunate or unfortunate depending on your point of view. As much as I'd love to be able to play a next gen GT ASAP, I kind of want this one to blow everyone's everyone away, which would probably require quite a bit more time in the oven.

Not only would R* have little to gain from full exclusivity, but Sony could not afford the hundreds of millions it would cost either. While it would garner incredible short-term gain, it would be a bad investment when that money could easily be directed inwards to make their own IPs.

rdrr gnr

One I think gta as an exlusive won't happen not a fat chance in hell.
You would probably have to sell off most of Sony to afford GTA exclusivity. That deal would have to be in the hundreds of millions. It's never ever ever ever happening.
But that said what's with the exlusive hate . Is nd making uc suddenly 20 million for making sure the game is just on a platform? Is a business . And yes money is money and it's what funds developments and allows companies to survive and so are exclusives. . I'm against misinformation and to some extent time exclusives (because invariably there is misinformation about the timeline with them ) but exclusives are perfectly fine IMO even paid ones .
It's a fucking despicable practice that should be universally condemned by gamers. It's throwing away money at games that already exist and would have existed anyways for the sole purpose of restricting access on other platforms thereby highlighting your own. Microsoft made a business out of doing that shit last gen and their first party was an embarrassment at the end of the 360's life cycle. People should be glad Sony doesn't have that kind of money. It forces them to maximize return by funding first party titles.

thuway

The fundamental difference between a money hat and a first party game is that the first party is the publisher, and is receiving the profit. If Sony paid to lock down GTA (which is an impossibility), they wouldn't be profiting from that absurd expenditure. Sony will make lots of money from GT7/UC4, that's reason to pay for it. Not to fuck over XBO owners as would be the case with GTA.

Personally, I don't care for or against money hats, they seem like very bad business, but that's about it.

Forget plausibility, imagine the meltdowns. Imagine what would happen if Rockstar announced an EXCLUSIVE at the PlayStation Experience. Imagine what would happen to GAF. Imagine what would happen to the internet. I'm here for the spectacle.

And yes, it would be financially stupid and most likely a joke. Let me dream.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Forget plausibility, imagine the meltdowns. Imagine what would happen if Rockstar announced an EXCLUSIVE at the PlayStation Experience. Imagine what would happen to GAF. Imagine what would happen to the internet. I'm here for the spectacle.

While the meltdowns would be like nothing ever seen, I don't want to tempt fate. Sooner or later, MS is going to money hat an ip I care about.

The sooner moneyhats GTFO of the industry, the better for us all.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'd love to see a R* PS exclusive announced just for the meltdowns alone. Shit will be gold...melted gold.

StuBurns

Banned

It would be the biggest megaton in industry history, no doubt.

thuway

While the meltdowns would be like nothing ever seen, I don't want to tempt fate. Sooner or later, MS is going to money hat an ip I care about.

The sooner moneyhats GTFO of the industry, the better for us all.

What if fate tempted it's hat in Sony's favor? Honestly, the more PlayStation's outsell Xbox One, the less a publisher will want to make an exclusive on Xbox One. It would cripple the franchise.

Just look at TitanFall or Sunset Overdrive. Anyway, I'm hyped. Let me HYPE!!!

StuBurns

Banned
What if fate tempted it's hat in Sony's favor? Honestly, the more PlayStation's outsell Xbox One, the less a publisher will want to make an exclusive on Xbox One. It would cripple the franchise.

TF2 is coming to PS4, but I seriously doubt SO2 is.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Honestly, I treat people like I like to be treated. I won't lie and say I would be outraged if Sony moneyhatted something (for the simple, selfish fact that I own Sony consoles), but I wouldn't wish Xbox gamers to miss out on a really cool title that was going to come to their system until a massive corporation bribed the publisher.

I almost had a heart attack when Larry Hyrb mistakenly announced MGS5 as an Xbox exclusive, and it would really piss me off if they did moneyhat something I care about, so I wouldn't wish that on others.

Sunset overdrive wasn't really a moneyhat, so I'm fine with that.

Philippo

What if you replaced GTA 6 with Red Dead something :)? Hm. Brace yourself though, Saturday, is, coming. My hype is on over drive. I'm about to Limit Break.

05d.jpg

Cole Slaw

Banned
TF2 is coming to PS4, but I seriously doubt SO2 is.
I doubt either will. Insomniac would probably want to for the money, but I don't think Respawn wants to under most circumstances. Zampella loves Microsoft too much, going back to his MW2 co-marketing days. EA will be more than happy to oblige, Peter Moore is Xbox connected.

Even though i want Yakuza over here Destiny has done more for Sony than most 1st party exclusives in terms of selling consoles.

Sega cannot be reasoned with.
I don't know man... GTAV, Watch_dogs, even Sleeping Dogs, they did pretty well, people likes open-world sandbox crime action games.

The main problem with Yakuza in english is that you can't make people jump in on a game with a higher sequence number in the title. It's hard to convince newcomers to embrace a game in it's fourth iteration, with characters development coming since PS2 era.

This will not happen with Yakuza Zero.
Characters will meet for the first time in this game, everyone can enjoy it without seek extra information about character past or actions in previous games.

Yakuza Zero is the perfect oportunity to make this series relevant for west market, everyon can jump in, but it needs Sony help with marketing / translation. I'm not saying it will sell like GTAV, but I think it can be a good exclusive title to move consoles. Marketing made Watch_dogs sell millions, even beeing just an mediocre game. Yakuza is amazing, much better game than Watch_dogs. It has everything to impress newcomers, it has a beaultiful city, interesting characters, mature content, plot twist, mini-games, hours of content, depth, RPG elements. It can be big, but it needs help, it can't work with just a ordinary campaign. Needs to sell it BIG, show that it is relevant, and can compete with names like Watch_dogs and Sleeping Dogs.

StuBurns

Banned
I doubt either will. Insomniac would probably want to for the money, but I don't think Respawn wants to under most circumstances. Zampella loves Microsoft too much, going back to his MW2 co-marketing days. EA will be more than happy to oblige, Peter Moore is Xbox connected.
I'm not suggesting it's not coming to XBO, but TF2 is coming to PS4.

Elios83

TF2 is all but confirmed to be multiplatform.
Insomniac will simply go where they hire them, sales of their games put them in no condition to choose, they have to get a contract to survive.

As publisher and funder, I'm pretty sure it's up to EA to make these business decisions, and despite any kind of favouritism they would be fucking stupid to not bring the sequel to PS4 if they want the brand to gain any real traction in the face of the big shooter franchises.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Should I expect Square Enix stuff here? Like say... A teaser for FFXVI?

GunBR

This will not happen with Yakuza Zero.
Characters will meet for the first time in this game, everyone can enjoy it without seek extra information about character past or actions in previous games.

Well, you can say the same thing about Yakuza Ishin...
Just give up man, it's Sega

thuway

TF2 will come to PS4. The legs on TitanFall are all but abysmal. The PC copy sells for 5 dollars and people still talk shit about it. The graphics are awful, the gameplay is super broken, and technical issues have marred the Xbox One version with drops into single frames.

As for Sunset Overdrive. The game has failed to light up the sales charts and its profit performance can be described as lukewarm at best. This is not something I'm saying with a grin, because I really want the game to succeed to see a sequel. The bigger question is not if Sunset Overdrive comes to PS4- it's if it even GETS a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom