• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaTheCasual

As I was going to say last night, before the mods teased the ultimately underwhelming GOTY Dark Souls 2 collection:

This conference is going to be a massive disappointment.

I will be. And it's almost ridiculous. I have no connection to the industry but my friend does. I'm not lying and I am telling the truth about that something that will be there on Dec.6. Someone I know has a major connection and he told me about the thing that will be there. Now, I will be banned for giving people hope who have been giving up on hope lately. Some of you guys deserve better and I thought I would give you guys that, and now, even though the fact is true, I will be punished for giving those without hope, some hope. Some of you guys know me through things from GAF (TLOU:R Tournament and trying to get the Driveclub GAF League set up) and I hope you guys can see that I wouldn't do that to you guys. So. On that note:

I will cordially ask any mod looking inside of this thread, to ban me.

Some of you guys deserve good and that's what I tried to do, and now, because of me trying to give you that I will be on my way.

e: The thing I was hyping everyone up for will be there, and I can't wait to look on GAF and see the reactions! :) til next time!

If you've told the mods what the announcement is, then they'll probably be merciful if what you say will be there actually turns up at the event.

So you better hope it turns up!

_Ryo_

TheWorthyEdge, don't asked to be banned. That's ridiculous! lol

The only thing you have to do is say what your friend told you, if it turns out to be real you're good! If not, well, you know what happens. I happen to believe you. :)

yurinka

My bet

10690339_820803947983084_8346161526658425868_n.png

salromano

I will be. And it's almost ridiculous. I have no connection to the industry but my friend does. I'm not lying and I am telling the truth about that something that will be there on Dec.6. Someone I know has a major connection and he told me about the thing that will be there. Now, I will be banned for giving people hope who have been giving up on hope lately. Some of you guys deserve better and I thought I would give you guys that, and now, even though the fact is true, I will be punished for giving those without hope, some hope. Some of you guys know me through things from GAF (TLOU:R Tournament and trying to get the Driveclub GAF League set up) and I hope you guys can see that I wouldn't do that to you guys. So. On that note:

Some of you guys deserve good and that's what I tried to do, and now, because of me trying to give you that I will be on my way.

e: The thing I was hyping everyone up for will be there, and I can't wait to look on GAF and see the reactions! :) til next time!

Like everyone else said: just tell Bish what it is, he'll keep it to himself, and agree to be banned if it doesn't show. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Please don't get it twisted: you're not a martyr, and you are not a special case.

Everyone who makes any insider claims on these boards get vetted, precisely to keep the signal to noise ratio where it needs to be. You get an opportunity to provide, under strictest confidence, your name, your connection to the issue in question, and proof. That includes access to my personal email for follow up off the boards for your own peace of mind, if necessary.

It's been like this for nearly a decade and a half, and not one insider's personal information has ever been leaked. If you can't handle the criteria, then keep quiet. Don't make posts about "THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU". It's annoying, it's juvenile, and it adds nothing.

tl;dr - put up or shut up.

I also vote for Bish to have mercy on Edge. I believe he's telling the truth.

Edge, if Bish asks for your source and info, just tell him. He won't tell us, and your friend is safe.

1885750_o.gif

But in all seriousness, the hype levels need to be tapered down a bit... or we will all be disappointed.

Don't make posts about "THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU". It's annoying, it's juvenile, and it adds nothing.

This. We had enough of this before E3 with famousmortimer, thuway and company winking at each other while saying nothing.

Beefy

TheWorthyEdge is either a troll or actually knows something. The way some of his posts are written is so vague, I can't decide which he is yet.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
As I was going to say last night, before the mods teased the ultimately underwhelming GOTY Dark Souls 2 collection:

This conference is going to be a massive disappointment.

Are you psyching yourself out?

Wow, this is so spot on that it's terrifying. I think its just one game though.

Please don't get it twisted: you're not a martyr, and you are not a special case.

Everyone who makes any insider claims on these boards get vetted, precisely to keep the signal to noise ratio where it needs to be. You get an opportunity to provide, under strictest confidence, your name, your connection to the issue in question, and proof. That includes access to my personal email for follow up off the boards for your own peace of mind, if necessary.

It's been like this for nearly a decade and a half, and not one insider's personal information has ever been leaked. If you can't handle the criteria, then keep quiet. Don't make posts about "THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU". It's annoying, it's juvenile, and it adds nothing.

Bish is right, just take the ban Edge, we'll be fine here. At least you'll be able to see our reactions when you sign off of GAF. Also, it won't be permanent.

Now, I will be banned for giving people hope who have been giving up on hope lately.

That sentence made me feel like I got baptized by Paul himself.
I like this. We need more drama in our stupid little lifes. That's why we play.

Maybe it was a tease too much. But you (not you personally) have to respect the mods. They are only trying to keep the forum clean and civilised. Thanks for that.
I am sure bishoptl is crying bitter tears every time...

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

e2: I already told Kagari the gist of what I know.

It isn't ridiculous, you are not an exception to the rules here.

Now, I will be banned for giving people hope who have been giving up on hope lately.

I will be punished for giving those without hope, some hope.

Come the fuck on dude....this is just sad.

That made me cringe.

Please go volunteer with a charity if you want to give people who ACTUALLY need hope, some hope. I am sure some GAFfers need 'hope' in their lives, but teasing information about PSX is not going to improve our lives.

The next part is subjective, but I hate this hype and teasing, because I just like the surprises. So please don't even think you're pleasing everyone. Some people, like myself are just annoyed by teasing and even full blown leaks.

Hoje0308

Banned

You're a good guy from what I can tell. You seem really enthusiastic most of the time so your story doesn't strike me as being out of character. Just be honest with the mods and you'll probably be fine.

Beefy

TheWorthyEdge shouldve listened to the advice from Thuway.

He shouldn't have teased or played on it so much. If he was worried that his mate could get found out, he should have contacted a mod to tell people. The way he has posted looks like he wants attention. Not saying he is lying or not, I just don't like people that string others along.

Pennywise

I'm out of the loop. What did TheWorthyEdge tease/spill?

He heard something from a friend that works or has connections within the industry.
Told Kagari what he heard and continued to tease today, which wasn't the smartest choice.

Now, you saw the rest.
He should just give Bish the goods and than he can hope, just like City.

He shouldn't have teased or played on it so much. If he was worried that his mate could get found out, he should have contacted a mod to tell people. The way he has posted looks like he wants attention. Not saying he is lying or not, I just don't like people that string others along.

"Insert the usual spiderman quote"
Not everyone can handle something like that D:
I'm pretty certain that alot of people would tease and spill the beans on every occasion, if they had the opportunity.

pompidu

Either tell bish what you know or never come back to this thread. You did nothing but cock tease for a dozen pages. Either you have something or you are just making shit up to get some 15 mins.

SgtCobra

I'm out of the loop. What did TheWorthyEdge tease/spill?
"I've been told something by someone about a thing. It's going to be there and it's going to be glorious. Please look forward to the thing, I can't tell anything but IT WILL BE THERE!!"

I'm glad stuff like a check by a mod exists over here.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
"I've been told something by someone about a thing. It's going to be there and it's going to be glorious. Please look forward to the thing, IT WILL BE THERE!!"

I'm glad stuff like a check by a mod exists over here.

If there were no checks and balances, then everyone would have an uncle in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom