• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gender Neutral Bathrooms

Greedings

My new work place has gender neutral bathrooms.

It was weird for a while, there’s no urinals which kinda sucks, but today I took a giant shit, with some liquid follow through that stank like dying skunks. The shit also went on the seat because it was so explosive. I did my best to clean up, but I didn’t have gloves or bleach.

The face on the woman who was waiting outside the stool to go in was priceless. She looked like I had slapped her in the face.

IKSTUGA

Yeah I feel sorry for the women who have to share bathrooms with guys. I've seen some really gross stuff, especially at bars...

You lot have never worked a cleaning gig in any place with female bathrooms? Woman can be foul as fuck! Come back to me when you are pulling shit from the side of the bowl, jam rags stuck to the mirrors and the stank of fish guts flowing from the cubicles. Source: ex McDonald’s/restaurant slave.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Yeah I feel sorry for the women who have to share bathrooms with guys. I've seen some really gross stuff, especially at bars...

Sorry for women? I heard horrible stories from cleaners having to deal with dirty toilet in an all female dorm.

IKSTUGA

Fair enough :messenger_grinning: Seems like my hunch was wrong. I've seen "shit writings" in some places though. Maybe female junkies do that too though...

Papa

Banned
My work has gender neutral toilets. Every month at meetings we have to listen to women complaining about putting toilet seats down. That is one of their priorities in the workplace

Just put the seat and the lid down so they have to lift something regardless. If they complain, question their hygiene.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Gender neutral bathrooms are fine, of course. But they need urinals.

nkarafo

Gender neutral bathrooms are fine as long as its not the only option. Call me old fashioned but i can only use the mens room.

ROMhack

They're always really clean, I'll give them that.

Well except if Greedings has been in them.

Last edited:

Dunki

If you want to get rid of this gender bathroom debate you have to make them unisex there is no other way around. And I am fine with it. This is the only actually realistic thing that would help trans men and women as well.

Last edited:

royox

If you want to get rid of this gender bathroom debate you have to make them unisex there is no other way around. And I am fine with it. This is the only actually realistic thing that would help trans men and women as well.

So we have to annoy 99,999% of the population so 0.001% of the population can be "confortable" when going to the bathroom?

Why stop there then? Let's force unisex locker rooms too.

My gosh some times I wish we could go back to the 00's, at least people cared about important stuff.

Gender neutral bathrooms are fine, of course. But they need urinals.

Where do you put the urinals? If you put them in a place where women can't access then you are going back to segregation. You can't make neutral bathrooms with urinals placed where every woman can see your wee wee and expect guys to use it.

Last edited:

Dunki

So we have to annoy 99,999% of the population so 0.001% of the population can be "confortable" when going to the bathroom?

Why stop there then? Let's force unisex locker rooms too.

My gosh some times I wish we could go back to the 00's, at least people cared about important stuff.
I am also for unisex locker rooms with separate stalls if you feel uncomfortable. But you need to do this from children age on. So they understand that nudity is something totally natural.

Dunki

Where do you put the urinals? If you put them in a place where women can't access then you are going back to segregation. You can't make neutral bathrooms with urinals placed where every woman can see your wee wee and expect guys to use it.
You can for example make stalls like this

011317%20kett%20bathroom.JPG

Yeah try teach them nudidy is something totally natural at the same time you are telling them they can only be nude inside a Locker room.
WE cultivated FKK and people in Germany also do not walk around naked. What kind of logic is this.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Back in my younger wilder days in the early 00s (I feel old) I went to a gay bar (with friends - I'm straight but don't mind gay bars and back then nobody gave a shit if a straight person was there) that had unisex toilets, tbh it wasn't a big deal. In the end was quite handy when a couple of lovely young ladies caught my attention. Yes, I was a man-whore, and yes, I pulled women at a gay bar. No idea if they thought they were converting me or some shit...

On a related note.. couldn't find an Ally McBeal bathroom dismount gif anywhere...

You can't make neutral bathrooms with urinals placed where every woman can see your wee wee and expect guys to use it.

Even knowing that there would be a big chance of being arrassed, I'd use them. They have the choice to look/don't look, they can do as they please.

llien

You can't make neutral bathrooms with urinals placed where every woman can see your wee wee and expect guys to use it.
Welcome to Amsterdam, son:

krul.jpg

Hold on, that's not shocking enough perhaps, what about these (have seen them used in Cologne, Germany too):

wc.jpg

Greedings

krul.jpg

Hold on, that's not shocking enough perhaps, what about these (have seen them used in Cologne, Germany too):

wc.jpg

They have these all over Belgium too. It's great when you're stumbling home drunk. Means you can relive yourself on the street without accusations of public urination, or falling over in some spiky bushes.

Last edited:

royox

krul.jpg

wc.jpg

I've been in both paces and used both. It's not what I'm talking about. The amsterdam one covers the important stuff, the cologne ones are used for events and parties where people is so drunk they don't give 2 fucks about anything (better than peeing just on a corner on the street). ALSO, those cover a LOT and most guys would form a line waiting for the 2 places that are protected with the wall.

What people here is talking about is a literal male bathroom in a place like school or work where women can freely walk in. No doors, no separators, just the urinals and guys standing there with their dicks peeing. Gosh sometimes I can't even pee when I have a guy at my side Imagine with girls there.

ps: i could swear the Amsterdam one was closed with a locker the last time I went (last year).

Last edited:

krul.jpg

wc.jpg

They had these in Central London a few years back, great idea. Keeps the pee streaks off the street and limits the need to go into places when you don't want to buy anything.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

krul.jpg

wc.jpg

We have those in the UK too.

Mohonky

You've clearly never seen a womans public toilets.

I know, 'women don't fart, are totally clean and pure' and whatever, but honestly what goes on in a womens room I don't know, but whenever I've had to clean them when I was younger working in retail, it was like walking into a room where you can only imagine some group had tried to summon satan himself while playing out scenes from the great poo of conkers bad fur day.

They have these all over Belgium too. It's great when you're stumbling home drunk. Means you can relive yourself on the street without accusations of public urination, or falling over in some spiky bushes.

Ha I was so confused, I was thinking I didn't post in this thread. You must have had my quote saved.

-Minsc-

Segrated, all in one. It really doesn't matter to me. Universal restrooms would just follow a different etiquette. Maybe having all in one would help people to respect each other. Or people would find other ways to segregate themselves. What ever happens people will carry on moving on.

Edit: If every washroom was all in one, where would the ladies go to flee us guys?

Last edited:

Shifty

All depends on the size of the establishment and number of toilets. I worked in a studio that shared two cubicles between a 20-ish person office that were unisex until some filthy twat ruined it for everyone and management decided to lock it down to genders.

Cue endless time wasted waiting for the men's to be vacant while the ladies' sat empty on account of there being one, maybe two, regular female employees at the office. Telling people to sort themselves out and develop some self-respect has got to be a better solution.

Last edited:

Greedings

my house has gender neutral bathrooms

the face I give my wife every morning is classic.

Mine doesn't. I get the downstairs crappy one, my wife gets the beautiful upstairs one.

It works out best for everyone. I try to shit at work so I don't have to clean my bathroom.

Mine doesn't. I get the downstairs crappy one, my wife gets the beautiful upstairs one.

It works out best for everyone. I try to shit at work so I don't have to clean my bathroom.

sometimes my wife sits to pee and i sit on top of her lap, facing her, point my dick down between her legs, and pee as well.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

I shit at work as much as possible so that I effectively get paid to shit (not in the sense of https://www.neogaf.com/threads/super-poo-donors-wanted.1471479/post-253742822 and the next couple of posts). I did a few times time it and try to work out how much I got for the poo by figuring out what I got paid for the relevant number of minutes and was quite pleased. I even considered making a paid-to-poo calculator app. One day I'll do it (only android though, I don't have the tools or the skills to make an iOS one sorry guys).

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have a bit of a hazard at home in that my cats get a bit too involved. They will literally get on the toilet seat behind me while I'm having a shit. If I'm pissing they sneak up, jump onto the toilet bowl and tbh I have pissed on the cat a few times (not intentionally, nobody wants a pissy pussy). A couple of times they've got up there, I've just carried on because fuck it, and the little bugger swiped at my piss stream with his claw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Future

My new work place has gender neutral bathrooms.

It was weird for a while, there’s no urinals which kinda sucks, but today I took a giant shit, with some liquid follow through that stank like dying skunks. The shit also went on the seat because it was so explosive. I did my best to clean up, but I didn’t have gloves or bleach.

The face on the woman who was waiting outside the stool to go in was priceless. She looked like I had slapped her in the face.

I’m not sure how this is any less disgusting than if it is a male only bathroom. Shit going onto the seat because it’s that explosive.... is that a thing? I’ve taken some massive shots in my day, but never fucking sprayed the seat wtf

Cuz of shit like this, I take my office shits first thing in the morning because fuck this noise

Does this....thing....have a Name??? If now we should find one.

dont think so. i cant possibly be the only person to have done this. its gotta have been invented already and named. if not it should have gone viral by now. this intennet-things not working correctly.

Last edited:
My workplace had separate male and female bathrooms which became gender neutral, yet everyone still treats them as separate male and female bathrooms anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lil puff

The ladies room is way worse. I work at a predominantly woman's office place, and they actually have to hold meetings about restroom etiquette.

Stuff, like blood on the walls, poo everywhere, bodily fluids... a lot of girls say they wish they could use our restroom. Everynow and then, the girls around here say they are going out to a restaurant to use their restrooms because theirs is soo bad.

I am not comfortable with gender neutral restrooms though. Their is nothing personal, I just don't want to be shitting next to Simone while she pees. I prefer no one, man or woman be in there, frankly.

Top Bottom