• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibunroku #FE - Story ("Debut Single") Trailer

Ninjimbo

Is this what anybody expected or wanted from a SMT and FE crossover? Ugh
Probably not, but this is better than anything I could have imagined. I like SMT and FE but I'm not obsessive over the franchises. They're great RPGs to me and nothing more. This looks like it could be great too. I desperately want it to be.

Gardios

I honestly expected to get Devil Survivor but with FE & SMT characters from the initial announcement.

However, what I wanted was something more akin to Kingdoms Hearts; a game that uses elements of its inspirations but is very much its own thing, which is pretty much what Genei Ibunroku #FE is at this point.

Kirye

So many things look good about this game, but the JPOP stuff is REALLY turning me off. I'll probably end up buying this game anyway, but I don't know how much i'll be able to enjoy it.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
It was announced as a FExSMT crossover in conceptual stages. The game was just starting development back then.

It's developed its own identity and has just taken inspiration from those Ips now.

ohlawd

expected? nah

want? yessir

just let it go. and this goes for everyone still whining about what "happened" to this game. it's been a year since we found out what the game's all about. a whole year. sit on that for a sec.

Ezalc

Nope, I was really interested then I saw this game and any interest completely died. Still looks awful, and they apparently only focus on FE1 and awakening? Easiest skip I've ever seen. Sucks that FE is continuing down the slippery slope though.

I was expecting a one-off non-canon crossover game with cameos from both sides with a fusion of the two's gameplay, kinda like Pokemon Conquest was for Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition. That would have been cool but campy scenario in all, I'm glad they took elements from both and pretty much made a new IP out of it. Its much more interesting to me because of it.

Pizza

I'm so excited for this game! I hope we get dual audio as an option, since sometimes I prefer it over the dub. I felt like W101 was much better subbed (imo, not saying the dub wasn't good) so it'll be nice to have the option.

Especially if the music is dubbed to be anything like the rhythm heaven song posted.

Fou-Lu

I honestly expected to get Devil Survivor but with FE & SMT characters from the initial announcement.

However, what I wanted was something more akin to Kingdoms Hearts; a game that uses elements of its inspirations but is very much its own thing, which is pretty much what Genei Ibunroku #FE is at this point.

Yes these are my exact feelings. Thanks for voicing them for me!

brinstar

No and no.

But I've moved on from that dream and am judging the game as its own thing now. It looks like it could be fun.

This is where I'm at now. Just happy that there's an Atlus RPG to play on my Wii U at this point. Plus SMTIV Final getting announced makes me far less salty.

FluxWaveZ

Any videos or images of this yet?

ExEFIBG.jpg
Aside from this—which is probably not as elaborate as some of the other "performance attacks"—it's just the unknown character in the latest trailer.

Dont know about his Mirage but, thanks to L Thammy, we know that his class is most likely Trickster or Assassin since he shares his Class Icon with Gangrel.

Oh, okay. As far as assassins go, Marisa from Sacred Stones is the only one I can come up with that would fit the colour scheme. Curious to see who it is.

rhandino

Banned
waiT, I just noticed something...

E3
xqEq8wr.jpg

Itsuki Aoi Trailer
4un8jUW.jpg

That part is also showed along the other characters wearing different costumes related to their work like the cook attire of Minamoto or the idol clothes of Tsubasa...

Most likely an Alternate Costume =P

waiT, I just noticed something...

E3
xqEq8wr.jpg

Itsuki Aoi Trailer
4un8jUW.jpg

That part is also showed along the other characters wearing different costumes related to their work like the cook attire of Minamoto or the idol clothes of Tsubasa...

well, it's easy to deduce that there'll be various costumes in this game before this especially since the bonuses (1st print/fortissimo) are costumes too :p

L Thammy

I think that the characters wear a different song for every performance. It fits the theme - that's what pop stars do - and it also fits what we've seen in the trailers. Notice how the characters always seem to be wearing matching/contrasting clothes in duets and they're never wearing the same thing when you see them in different backgrounds.

As for whether there will be male performers, I'm just guessing, but I think they'll all sing. I know the redhead is specifically supposed to be a tokusatsu actor, but that doesn't mean he can't sing too.

Vecks

It's nice that the cast keeps expanding. Much more variety than what we knew about from the start. I do hope that they'll keep at least one or two characters a secret.

I will laugh if their idea of alternate costumes is based solely on pants.

squadr0n

LOL I wonder if that thong is functional. Atleast her song is pretty good, for j-pop that is.

Im actually very happy with the direction they are going with this mashup. I dont think anyone here was seriously expecting them to just do a SMT vs Fire Emblem strategy RPG and I seriously doubt they would have gone with a darker setting. This feels like a Persona game about J-pop Idols which could go either way, time will tell. Either way, im looking forward to this very much. This and Xenoblade are the only reasons I still own a Wii U.

Vecks

I can understand if they don't want to release english trailers, but they should really just give us an English name already.

LOL I wonder if that thong is functional. Atleast her song is pretty good, for j-pop that is.

Im actually very happy with the direction they are going with this mashup. I dont think anyone here was seriously expecting them to just do a SMT vs Fire Emblem strategy RPG and I seriously doubt they would have gone with a darker setting. This feels like a Persona game about J-pop Idols which could go either way, time will tell. Either way, im looking forward to this very much. This and Xenoblade are the only reasons I still own a Wii U.

Actually, that's exactly what I expected. I also expected it to jump to 3DS when we didn't hear about it for a while.

I guess you could say I was pretty happy when it was re-revealed as Genei Ibunroku.

A SMT game that was similar to FE would be those Devil survivor games or project X Zone. Doing that on consoles would be rather boring.
A console SMT game with new assets and setting sounds better.
The idol aspect is weird, but I can dig it

Akhe

I was expecting a one-off non-canon crossover game with cameos from both sides with a fusion of the two's gameplay, kinda like Pokemon Conquest was for Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition. That would have been cool but campy scenario in all, I'm glad they took elements from both and pretty much made a new IP out of it. Its much more interesting to me because of it.

images

Top Bottom