• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General Questions about Comic and Anime Tier Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Celestials will actually talk to doom

You know who else talk to Celestials ?

6HHZZLb.jpg

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Tier lists are fun, but it comes down to personal preference on the most bullshit characters. Who wins in a fight between Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Squirrel Girl? TTGL fans will say their it would because it has the ability to become more powerful than its enemies, and Squirrel Girl fans will say her because she has the ability to beat anyone who should be much more powerful than her. I think Squirrel Girl should be able to beat anyone since she's the most bullshit.

The only anime and manga characters that typically come close or match the upper tier comic characters seem to come from visual novels or series no one has ever heard of. Funnily enough, most shonen and mecha shows don't get close to those levels.

Now, they do still exist. I have yet to see someone refute the demonbane pic

Permanently A

Do we know if Eyes of Heaven is canon?

It was supervised by Araki, so... sort of?

But I think most people dislike Eyes of Heaven and put it alongside Jorge Joestar in that nebulous "not really canon" space. Even though The World Over Heaven beats GER in the game, I don't agree with it, I think its just shitty writing. The World Over Heaven's limitation is that he needs to punch something to rewrite it, but GER should be able to counter the punch automatically with his ability. So TWOH should never be able to actually punch GER and overwrite GER's ability.

Nuu

Banned
My dream is a big budget "Marvel vs DC vs Shonen vs Seinen" 2D film.

I'm imagining a scene with Doomsday standing inside a crater. Surrounding him are all the fallen heroes. The Wonder Woman, Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, Cyborg, Aquaman, and of course Superman. All fallen, bloody, and beaten. They have lost to the titan known as Doomsday.

Suddenly a shadow appear. Out comes a slender looking young man. It is Saitama, the famed One Punch Man. Doomsday looks at him and growls.

Saitama: "I was trying to sleep when this commotion woke me up.I was sleeping in my apartment when a bunch of earthquakes started happening. It's okay though. It woke me up early enough to start training. I usually wake-"

Doomsday: "RAGGGGGHHH!"

Doomsday is charging towards Saitama.

Saitama: "Oh?"

As Doomsday is mere feet away from Saitama he lifts his arms up ready to smash, when Saitama throws a punch. Doomsday is hit and explodes into a million different pieces and dies. All the fallen heroes stare at Saitama in disbelief.

Saitama: "Damn it. One punch again? ...What's everybody doing here anyway?"

Saitama looks at the nearest superhero to him who happens to be Superman.

Saitama: "Who are you?"
I don't care what anyone else says. This scene os perfect in my head.

I don't care what anyone else says. This scene os perfect in my head.

Doomsday doesn't "die" though. Will just eventually revive, immune to whatever it was that "killed" him.

This is why they had to shoot him into the future and stick him at the end of time to get rid of him.

theWB27

Doomsday doesn't "die" though. Will just eventually revive, immune to whatever it was that "killed" him.

This is why they had to shoot him into the future and stick him at the end of time to get rid of him.

Saitama nullifies that though. If he cones back.. saitama would just hit him harder.

Saitama nullifies that though. If he cones back.. saitama would just hit him harder.

this was the plan for doomsday that tended to not work so well, and how you ended up with an obscenely powerful doomsday in the first place.

eventually he just started evolving on the fly.

You'd have to ask slayven about that one though, DC isn't really my thing.

Hypron

this was the plan for doomsday that tended to not work so well, and how you ended up with an obscenely powerful doomsday in the first place.

eventually he just started evolving on the fly.

You'd have to ask slayven about that one though, DC isn't really my thing.

Couldn't you just send him flying into outer space or does he also evolve jet engines to come back at you?

Toxi

Banned
So going by this thread. This is what I have so far:

God Tier:

Shulk (Xenoblade)
Hm?

Should this even count?
Alvis is the one who actually has the power. It's not like Shulk rewrote the universe himself, he asked Alvis to do it.

The only anime and manga characters that typically come close or match the upper tier comic characters seem to come from visual novels or series no one has ever heard of. Funnily enough, most shonen and mecha shows don't get close to those levels.

Now, they do still exist. I have yet to see someone refute the demonbane pic

Yea visual novels get all funky. I mentioned Featherine before, and that powerset is pretty hard to top. Being able to be the author of the work you are in is a meta powerset. It's like when the Fantastic Four met Jack Kirby, except Jack Kirby was a chick and thought it was funny to pit them in a convoluted game of death against each other.

Screw the rules!

The fight will probably play to similar logic used by Toriyama in this scene. Which means no fucks are given, and an opportunity to shit on a character you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyeMGOB4eo

Misha

Banned
First thought was Haruhi.
Probably a lot of overpowered characters in comedy or slice of life animes since they really don't have to put a cap on their power though

Screw the rules!

The fight will probably play to similar logic used by Toriyama in this scene. Which means no fucks are given, and an opportunity to shit on a character you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyeMGOB4eo

eh, Arale can fight it out with this thing until they both get bored.

gag characters! gag characters errywhere!

Yea Doomsday is not somebody you want to square up with. But I don't think he can fully regenerate from nearly nothingness, can he?

as far as I know there needs to be SOMETHING left. The less of him there is left the longer it takes to regenerate.
Imperiex (basically a DC clone of galactus) reduced him to a skeleton once- took him a few months to evolve back from that. That's the worst I'm aware of.

Slayven

eh, Arale can fight it out with this thing until they both get bored.

gag characters! gag characters errywhere!

as far as I know there needs to be SOMETHING left. The less of him there is left the longer it takes to regenerate.
Imperiex (basically a DC clone of galactus) reduced him to a skeleton once- took him a few months to evolve back from that. That's the worst I'm aware of.
THe JLA held him ins a rig that kept different parts of his body out of phase with time.

Nuu

Banned

Exactly. Which is why he would come back later in the film. In this part he will face Goku. While Frieza will be resurrected again and fight Superman.

In the end when both villains are defeated the credits roll. Midway through the credits there is a scene of both of them coming back to life at the same time. They get ready to attack the city when Squirrel Girl shows up and the screen cuts to black and the credits roll again. At the end of the credits, there is a scene of a dead Doomsday with Frieza on top of them.

Squirrel Girl: "Luckily I'm on a planet with so many squirrels."

Screen fades to black.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Demonbanes a multiverse threat isn't he? Then he isn't getting tested by ideon. And ttgl seems like it would get fucked by beings capable of growth by its own power.

it is, but so is ideon, like even after doing the reset button (affects everyone) it still remains powerful

I mean, ideon is the only mecha that is likely not to just cause a game over but a fucking third game ending when it dies in srw lol

but what I love about ideon really is its simplicity, everyone was spinning and drills and being obnoxious and loud, while demonbane was all big magic circles and shit, nope ideon is just this cool totally-not-a-guncannon-gundam robot with a cool face visor and doesn't have any overblown attacks outside of punching shit and IDEON GUN which looks more like a vacuum cleaner

well there's that FIRE ALL IN ALL DIRECTIONS WITH MY MISSILES but that's still tame and humble compared to the other god tier mechas.

That sounds similar to what (character in popular modern JRPG)
Shulk does in Xenoblade.

Yeah but Ideon is different in that it's
sentient
unlike the
monado, well sorta
and that it just goes on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom