• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
1.6 banners, apparently:

Seems too easy to skip.
Yea i agree. I'm a little surprised that banner 1 wouldn't have 3 4*s featured, and that Rosaria would rerun so quickly, but I guess we get Noelle and Xingqui every other banner as is, so who knows.

I really wish they'd do a rate up Amber/Kaeya/Lisa on a limited banner someday.

crumbs

1.6 banners, apparently:

Klee - Fischl - Sucrose - [No Trial]

Kazuha - Bennett - Rosaria - Razor

Seems too good to be true.
No Barbara or Noelle? Must be fake :messenger_grinning_sweat:

That Kazua banner would be decent.

Edit: Actually both would be fine, depending on the TBD character. Feels like Ningguang hasn't been on a banner for awhile.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Klee here I go.

What about Xingqiu?

Wq0ExYN.png

FZLt9T6.png

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, you think with a few patches under their belt now, the end of versions wouldn't be so completely barren. This is the perfect time for one of those double leyline events or SOMETHING. The game feels so skimpy without even daily BP missions.

YukiOnna

Man, you think with a few patches under their belt now, the end of versions wouldn't be so completely barren. This is the perfect time for one of those double leyline events or SOMETHING. The game feels so skimpy without even daily BP missions.
Thank god I left the character quests and finishing up Dragonspine for dead last lmao

Pejo

Gold Member
So I guess that Klee themed 4* weapon isn't a craftable weapon after all, it's the Ludi Harpastrum event shop reward, so we get it at Rank 5 whatever it does.

crumbs

So I guess that Klee themed 4* weapon isn't a craftable weapon after all, it's the Ludi Harpastrum event shop reward, so we get it at Rank 5 whatever it does.
That would nice, hopefully they give bonus weapon EXP during the Ludi Harpastrum event as well.

Being able to quickly max refine a weapon was really handy with the Festering Desire, although I haven't found much use for the Windblume festival bow.

crumbs

An apology for not ending it early? :messenger_dizzy:
Early?

No, as an apology for being being 20+ minutes late on the server maintenance. :messenger_dizzy:

Edit: Apparently the timer for the server maintenance doesn't adjust for daylight savings, hence the mismatching times.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Nice updates up. Perfect time to go through both of Zhongli's story's to quell a Dragon King then spend a bunch of time in housing.

crumbs

Well, I was able to get Zhongli on my non-guaranteed pity, so that worked out. I ended up with 2 Noelles and only 1 Diona (and 2 Rainslashers - I've pulled that claymore way too many times). I also finally pulled a sacrificial sword, which I had been wanting for a while. Overall, not too bad for 40 pulls (I already had 40 pulls on the character banner going into today).

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Pulled for Yanfei because I was having a bad day. Zhongli showed up early AGAIN and now he's at C1. I mean, he would be C1 if I actually used that constellation thing. I'm not going to though. This guy can't catch a hint. I don't want you dude. There's a reason you're at fucking lvl 1, because I don't give a flying fuck about your dumb ass. Get out of my face, you nasty ass skank.

At least I'm free now. Been holding on to guaranteed pity for fucking months because MHY loves releasing shitty fucking characters over and over. I'll have months upon months to save up again, seeing how they're just resorting to repeats nowadays.

Okay, it's out of my system now.

YukiOnna

Azdaha boss battle is great. Actual battle requires some planning and is aggressive. Hope they continue in this direction for future bosses.

Also, main story players should definitely clear that Zhongli chapter.
Zhongli's answer regarding Traveler's question about their sibling is interesting.

Aside from that, fun story and lore bombs with some interesting twists.

Pejo

Gold Member
So I didn't realize the update was today, just got in and finished the teapot quests. It's....surprisingly fun!

I was also glad to see that by doing quests and ranking up, you get all of the Mondstadt style houses and mansion. I'm not big into the Liyue aesthetic. I'll be anxious to see what the Inazuma and Fontaine style housing looks like.

Anyways, the customization is fairly robust, and collecting recipes and junk is addicting. BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE MHY - WHY DID YOU ALLOW FOR 'SNAP TO GRID' BUT NOT CENTER THE GRIDS INSIDE THE HOUSE/ROOMS!?!? ARRGGHHSDLFKJSLDKFJSL.

Ahem, just had to get that out of my system.

Glad there's finally a use for all those sunsettas and mints and berries I've been collecting. Farming wood feels less rewarding than I had hoped, but it seems something easy enough to do through general exploration, even by accident, when hitting trees. Seems you can get 3 wood chunks per tree.

It's also cool that they gave us a usable blacksmith stand right off the bat. Once they have a crafting desk I won't need either of the cities after turning in dailies again. Cool shit. I hope we get a teleport spot furniture someday so I don't have to go into the menus and use the teapot each time I want to go inside. I also wish we could see recipes outside of the teaport world.

Which locale did you guys pick? I went with the floating cloud platforms. I wanted something fantastical and to be honest, the beaches in Genshin don't feel very beach like or tropical, so I'll wait on that.

I also hope we can eventually pick the music that plays both inside and outside of the mansion. It'd be even better if it was from the full soundtrack. I wouldn't mind listening to the JohnLee trailer or Ganyu trailer in my downstairs bar/dining room.

We also could use a training dummy or customizable enemy training area, so we could set the enemy in type and number, and just go at it. I'm sure that's in the pipeline down the road. Overall, I'm really happy that they added the housing stuff. It's gonna be a great time waster after resin is gone but I still feel like playing. Shame the recipes take so long to craft, but w/e, this is a MHY game, so they just HAVE to time gate you somehow.

YukiOnna

So I didn't realize the update was today, just got in and finished the teapot quests. It's....surprisingly fun!

I was also glad to see that by doing quests and ranking up, you get all of the Mondstadt style houses and mansion. I'm not big into the Liyue aesthetic. I'll be anxious to see what the Inazuma and Fontaine style housing looks like.

Anyways, the customization is fairly robust, and collecting recipes and junk is addicting. BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE MHY - WHY DID YOU ALLOW FOR 'SNAP TO GRID' BUT NOT CENTER THE GRIDS INSIDE THE HOUSE/ROOMS!?!? ARRGGHHSDLFKJSLDKFJSL.

Ahem, just had to get that out of my system.

Glad there's finally a use for all those sunsettas and mints and berries I've been collecting. Farming wood feels less rewarding than I had hoped, but it seems something easy enough to do through general exploration, even by accident, when hitting trees. Seems you can get 3 wood chunks per tree.

It's also cool that they gave us a usable blacksmith stand right off the bat. Once they have a crafting desk I won't need either of the cities after turning in dailies again. Cool shit. I hope we get a teleport spot furniture someday so I don't have to go into the menus and use the teapot each time I want to go inside. I also wish we could see recipes outside of the teaport world.

Which locale did you guys pick? I went with the floating cloud platforms. I wanted something fantastical and to be honest, the beaches in Genshin don't feel very beach like or tropical, so I'll wait on that.

I also hope we can eventually pick the music that plays both inside and outside of the mansion. It'd be even better if it was from the full soundtrack. I wouldn't mind listening to the JohnLee trailer or Ganyu trailer in my downstairs bar/dining room.

We also could use a training dummy or customizable enemy training area, so we could set the enemy in type and number, and just go at it. I'm sure that's in the pipeline down the road. Overall, I'm really happy that they added the housing stuff. It's gonna be a great time waster after resin is gone but I still feel like playing. Shame the recipes take so long to craft, but w/e, this is a MHY game, so they just HAVE to time gate you somehow.
Gonna tackle housing tomorrow so I'm hyped to be a gathering nut. Probably going to go for the peaks or Liyue domain for the locale until they bring out the Inazuma realms.

Fuz

Banned
Need to level Xiao talents and

PORCODIOOOOOOO.png

PORCODIOOOOOOO2.png

Fuck you, game. Fuck you.

Btw, what does this means?
Boh.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
20 pulls. Fire dork on the 1st x10. New Diona and Geo Lord on the 2nd x10. Not a single C7 Noelle or a 4☆ weapons. Nice. Patch goals are completed in 20 pulls haha.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member
This is shit.

Can you change it after you selected it?
Yeah, after you get enough comfy points in your first zone, you will be able to pick the other two eventually. Might take a while though.

Btw, what does this means?
I think it means you have up to 3 bosses per week you can claim for 30 resin instead of 60. I'm not sure if you can run the same one 3 times though, or if you have to do wolf/Cheld/Dvalin each once.
20 pulls. Fire dork on the 1st x10. New Diona and Geo Lord on the 2nd x10. Not a single C7 Noelle or a 4☆ weapons. Nice. Patch goals are completed in 20 pulls haha.
Congrats you lucky bastard. Did you have pity built up or just got a lucky pull?

I tried out Yanfei in the trial. She seems really strong there, but her burst seems to charge WAY too fast for an 80 energy burst. If I could make her charge that fast, she might still work in my party as a Prototype Amber Pyro healer. Wonder if they have god-tier artifacts with like 400% energy charge or something ridiculous like that.

Damn, I need to go to bed. I got into farming and making more furniture and placing it, god damn it's addicting. The sheer amount of recipes and furniture we can buy from Tubby is insane too. Great addition to the game, for me. Right now my island looks like shit, but you need to keep placing stuff to pad your stats so you can level up your comfy level. I'll go back and do it right after I have enough currency to buy the walls and shrubbery. I'm making a maze up in that bitch. Hope we can do a moat later too.

My biggest complaint with the system as is, is how long it takes for you to craft a single piece of furniture. It takes 13 hours for any blue-tier recipe, regardless what it is. It takes the same amount of time to craft an entire Mondstadt building as it does to make a wooden chair. It doesn't make sense that they don't adjust the timer based on the perceived complexity of what you're making. I don't want to wait 4 years to make all the wall pieces that I'm going to need to make my maze. For now those little insta-craft boosters are coming quickly, but just like any gacha resources, I'm sure they dry up quick. Still, great mode. Can't wait for more interactive furniture and for them to put your pulled characters in your world doing random shit. Also, we need to be able to lay in bed or at least sit on it. What's the point of them or a bedroom if you can't even lay down.

ahgqnehzluv61.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom