• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Holy shit, they're adding a prototype selector in 1.6. About fuckin' time!

qsjvu43mktv61.png

Big one for me.

crumbs

I tried out Yanfei in the trial. She seems really strong there, but her burst seems to charge WAY too fast for an 80 energy burst. If I could make her charge that fast, she might still work in my party as a Prototype Amber Pyro healer. Wonder if they have god-tier artifacts with like 400% energy charge or something ridiculous like that.
I think miHoYo used to be better about using reasonable gear during the character trials. Ganyu's trial had a 4 star bow and level 16 4 star artifacts (Although we still didn't get a look at the artifact stats). Yanfei's trial has a 5 star catalyst and all level 20 5 star crimson witch gear and pretty all the enemies were slimes. Since they're loading up on high end gear for trials now, it would be nice if the devs were more transparent about artifacts stats.

Anyway, I did like how straightforward Yanfei was to play. If we're comparing pyro catalysts, she probably doesn't hit as hard as Klee, but Yanfei seems to attack faster and has better range.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
I was at 70 pulls and had several primos saved so tried my luck and got Zhongli at 76th pull by winning the 50/50. I have lot of resources to max level him and one weapon for him but don't have mora again. This is one reason I hate getting new characters as you must leave everything else and focus only on getting resources to upgrade character/weapon for about a week before you can start using them.

BlackM1st

Banned
My PS5 version impressions:
  • The good: Loading times are faster.
  • The weird: Turns out your characters supposed to comment on all the weather and environmental stuff around them in the open world too!(voice over lines from profile) Who knew? Definitely not PS4 version players.
  • The bad: PS5 is even more noisy now. It's not a jet engine like PS4 Pro, it's just has this weird "static noise" when it's all quite.
  • For some bizarre reason Dualsense vibrates during the gliding. Not only it's annoying, it's also probably draining the already weak battery even more.
  • The ugly: PS5 on screen keyboard looks smaller now. Makes already bad keyboard to be even less enjoyable. Bah.

crumbs

• The weird: Turns out your characters supposed to comment on all the weather and environmental stuff around them in the open world too!(voice over lines from profile) Who knew? Definitely not PS4 version players.

The characters don't comment on the weather in the PC version either. Always struck me as odd since they have the voicelines recorded and it would be a nice way to break up the monotony of hearing the same idle or sprinting lines all the time.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently this was changed for the PC version as well. I didn't notice it last night, but I didn't have much time to play.

Last edited:

crumbs

Pedo-China.jpg

Fucking pedos.

So we've learned that Nimrod is:

1. A notorious drunk
2. Possibly a pedo
3. Might have emerging furry tendencies

Between Nimrod and that Barbara-stalker guy, Mondstadt has some sketchy characters walking around.

BlackM1st

Banned

1. A notorious drunk
2. Possibly a pedo

Between Nimrod and that Barbara-stalker guy, Mondstadt has some sketchy characters walking around.
Wine industry isn't as good for the citizens as propaganda makes you to believe. Only ruling class and literall Gods are profiting from it haha.

Fuz

Banned
Hey now she's a 1000 yo vampire.
Exactly two lines after that he says that she's a kid.

Anyway, 4 multi (71 pulls on my total right now) pulls gave me 2 dionas OBVIOUSLY and a Noelle, plus 2 shitty weapons.
Never ever ever ever a joy.

Btw, hangout is confirming that not only she has the worst design in game, she also has an insufferable attitude.

Last edited:

Dregnel

#CancelNimrod coming soon :messenger_tears_of_joy:

i still need to play the hangout, I'm scared that I've become a slave to primo, i only do things that give me primo without effort.
where the hell are primo events btw i can't see any?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member

1. A notorious drunk
2. Possibly a pedo

Albert, Nimrod, and that guy that's out roaming around the first domain leaving his poor blind girlfriend Glory sitting alone all the time for no good reason. NPC assassination missions when?

*edit* I'd also take out that bard that sings by his daughter's grave all day, but as a mercy killing.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I wonder if, after a year, they'll add some of the limited 5*s to the standard banner. It seems like Childe/Albedo have a good chance to end up like that. Characters that didn't set the world on fire.

Honkai is getting ass-reamed by CN """"fans"""" and the CCP right now in addition to the crazies plotting to assasinate them. MHY just went through and pulled a bunch of yuri references from their Honkai manga because last month the CCP recognized homosexuality as a mental illness, and the CN fans pissed about the bunny girl thing were reporting them for the lesbian stuff too, trying anything to get them in more trouble.

I bet Tencent is eating this shit up.

I'm 99.999% sure we're eventually going to have guns, scythes, and fist weapons as weapon types. Probably 2.0 will be the introduction of at least one new type. It only makes sense to make people spend more money on weapon banners because hot character 2.0 will come out and only use guns, and you can't use the 3* guns, right??? That won't 2 minute clear abyss 12-3!

The only way I could see that they wouldn't do that is if they add them as elemental skills, kinda like Childe using daggers and a glaive in his elemental skill transformation mode. One way makes them extra money, and the other way doesn't, though, so I think it's easy to see how it will go.

The $20 BP will have extra stuff, I think right now it only has the namecards, but if you buy it, you instantly get a shitload of BP points that put you somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 done with it directly from the start. Now they're "sweetening" that by having a recipe. It's gonna piss me off if that's the only way you can earn that recipe though, I don't feel like that should be used for exclusive stuff, other than namecards I guess, but who cares about those.
It gives you a 10 level BP boost and like you mentioned name cards, but I don’t really care about those.

Finishing the 50 levels is no challenge with if you play an hour or so a day.

It would sting if those blue prints are tied behind the $20 more expensive hymn.

Pejo

Gold Member
For those that picked either the mountains or the beach for your housing, can you go into the "options" while placing things and change the time of day outdoors? The floating islands one lets me change day/night cycle indoors only. Outside, it looks like 6:30PM all day, and I can't manually switch it to night. Bummer. I prefer night in Genshin.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
yeah it's buggy, it also shows some things that don't exist like those crystals to the north of stormterror.
——————
Maybe it is related to AR/WR but I have those marked on my in game map and I have collected them as well.

It is at the bottom of that mountain/cliff face, will try to remember to snap a pic the next time I do an ore rotation.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Anyone of you play EU server? Come play with my bird 709930475
US server, else i would check it out.

I wonder if the mystery merchant shows up at somebody's realm, if you can go visit them and use the shop. Not the standard one from Tubby, the random one from the other owl dude.

Fuz

Banned
I wonder if the mystery merchant shows up at somebody's realm, if you can go visit them and use the shop. Not the standard one from Tubby, the random one from the other owl dude.
Yes.
It's also a BP mission.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Woodcutter tier list:

n3fca05cnxv61.png

I KNEW he would have been a great investment!
Chongus creeping up that tier list too, don't sleep on the popsicle boi.

Anyways, full Inazuma Aether moveset.

Looks way more fun than early leaks let on.

Last edited:

Aenima

• The good: Loading times are faster.
  • The bad: PS5 is even more noisy now. It's not a jet engine like PS4 Pro, it's just has this weird "static noise" when it's all quite.
  • For some bizarre reason Dualsense vibrates during the gliding. Not only it's annoying, it's also probably draining the already weak battery even more.
  • The ugly: PS5 on screen keyboard looks smaller now. Makes already bad keyboard to be even less enjoyable. Bah.
Also framerate of the PS5 version is not as smooth as the PS4 version running on PS5. I like the haptics implementation as its just a smooth vibration, and love the fast loading speeds for teleporting. Draw distance and textures are also improved but when i teleport to a city, some things inside the city still take some seconds to load up.

Dregnel

Chongus creeping up that tier list too, don't sleep on the popsicle boi.

Anyways, full Inazuma Aether moveset.

Looks way more fun than early leaks let on.

This dude can't power creep venti he doesn't suck monster enough time tho, just some seconds, i see the people using him as EM support or main dps.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
This dude can't power creep venti he doesn't suck monster enough time tho, just some seconds, i see the people using him as EM support or main dps.
I do like how his leaves change color depending on the swirl. Neat touch.

Yea he won't be a budget Venti, but I still think his kit deserves a second look. We'll see what people can actually do with him. Certainly looks more fun than Xiao.

Also, glad the various sword sheathing animations are in. YukiOnna YukiOnna time to get hype.

crumbs

His skill looks pretty "meh", but the burst could setup a lot of interesting combos. The huge AOE is nice and the way the burst "swirl" ticks could allow you to setup multiple consecutive reactions (if you get the timing down).

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
For those that picked either the mountains or the beach for your housing, can you go into the "options" while placing things and change the time of day outdoors? The floating islands one lets me change day/night cycle indoors only. Outside, it looks like 6:30PM all day, and I can't manually switch it to night. Bummer. I prefer night in Genshin.
I also can switch between day and night only in my beach house.

Pejo

Gold Member
I also can switch between day and night only in my beach house.
Ah ok, so the outdoors must have pre-determined lighting. I'm sure it'll eventually happen considering they have a toggle for it already, you just can't do anything with it. They probably didn't want to have to make night versions of all of the outdoor furniture that have lights on it or something.

It'll be cool someday if after we beat story bosses, we get materials to make furniture of their corpses, kinda like how FFXIV worked for raid bosses. I want to mount Dvalin's head on my wall.

2u2Eduv.jpg

For those that picked either the mountains or the beach for your housing, can you go into the "options" while placing things and change the time of day outdoors?

I haven't tried doing it manually, but there's def a day/night cycle outdoors on the beach.

Top Bottom