• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

They should have changed this since the very begining. It's not like changing team member during a fight cheating. You still have hundreds of limitations from challenges, abysm dungeons and domains. Outworld should be free of those stupid rules.
Do you know what is really cheating? the possibility to go to the menu and eat 20 fat chickens while the enemies can't move :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dregnel

l2wQj3d.jpg

this how it looks on paper, electro seems good almost 2x damage?

Saber

Gold Member
It looks to me that melt and vaporize got a veeery minuscule nerf. Also, crystilize seems to be affected too, mininal but only on early amounts of Elemental Mastery.

Or is this just an oversight?

Dregnel

It looks to me that melt and vaporize got a veeery minuscule nerf. Also, crystilize seems to be affected too, mininal but only on early amounts of Elemental Mastery.

Or is this just an oversight?
hmn i see pyro still revelant because the witch artifact is broken, What I don't know is if the elemental mastery in artifacts will be better than atq% after the patch, I'm saving them.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
say "oh shit, it's a wood shield hilichurl, let me pop into my Pyro team"
Yeah, fast preset switch is needed.

Pyro "team", lmao. I tried to visualize it as a bunch of Ambers & Bennetts running around aimlessly trying to make any noticable DMG to a shielded brute ahaha. I seriously laughed xD xD Like you need anyone else except Klee ;D There's a reason why the best girl never leaves my #1 slot.

BlackM1st

Banned
6 elements and only 4 characters is a
Yeah, maybe, on a conceptual level it is sounds problematic. In reality? Have your melt combo ready and some GEO for shields and healing. Nothing else matters if you strife 4 effectiveness above anything else...

Pejo

Gold Member
l2wQj3d.jpg

this how it looks on paper, electro seems good almost 2x damage?
Yea it'll be nice. Particuarly Electro-Charged will get a big buff from this. There's no internal cooldown on that reaction, so if you can get say, a 200% increase on damage on TOP of the extra base damage for being over level 60, and proc it often enough, that could be huge DoT numbers. That's how it should be IMO. Vape/Melt can be the big 1shot number reactions, and Electro-Charged can be the DoT reaction, I'm cool with that. They need to fix Overload not doing shit to pyro based enemies (and if they really want to help, make it so Electro-Charged can crit). Not sure how this affects superconduct tbh. I don't really see the numbers much for that one because it clears all elemental effects when it happens, so you only get 1 chance to see the damage per proc.

Dregnel

Yeah, maybe, on a conceptual level it is sounds problematic. In reality? Have your melt combo ready and some GEO for shields and healing. Nothing else matters if you strife 4 effectiveness above anything else...
the point is, it takes less time to leave the battle and come back with the correct element instead of killing the enemy with the wrong element in most the cases, the situation is even worse the abyss since you need to do all those levels again.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
it takes less time to leave the battle and come back with the correct element instead of killing the enemy with the wrong element in most the cases
Maybe. And I'm all 4 a fast switch, but it's really not that a big of a deal if you run a proper meta comp in the open world. I know, not everyone are as meta as I am. Well, what can I say to those people? Same thing as to everyone else who struggle because of their own preferences/choices. -"Sucks to be you".

Having the equal amount of slots and elements will solve some problems, but will also introduce a whoooole another level of balancing issues. Look at the Overwatch balancing problems. Hanamura 2nd point defense with 6 Torbs? If you unlock slots, ppl will just run 6 most OP heroes and use 6 consecutive ULTS to obliterate everything. If it will work, everyone will do it. If it will not work, well, congrats! You just made 6 ULTS in a row useless and will keep having prolonged fights but now with even more hero switching lol

worse the abyss since you need to do all those levels again.
Abyss is irrelevant as it gives you a direct preview of the enemies that you will face on each level, plus it adds some substantial buffs while also effectively dividing your roster in half. Having 6 elements for 6 hero slots, or 4 elements for 4 slots will not change how you will play Abyss because Abyss is supposed to be as challenging as possible being an end game activity and making you to work around even more limitations.

Dregnel

Maybe. And I'm all 4 a fast switch, but it's really not that a big of a deal if you run a proper meta comp in the open world. I know, not everyone are as meta as I am. Well, what can I say to those people? Same thing as to everyone else who struggle because of their own preferences/choices. -"Sucks to be you".

Having the equal amount of slots and elements will solve some problems, but will also introduce a whoooole another level of balancing issues. Look at the Overwatch balancing problems. Hanamura 2nd point defense with 6 Torbs? If you unlock slots, ppl will just run 6 most OP heroes and use 6 consecutive ULTS to obliterate everything. If it will work, everyone will do it. If it will not work, well, congrats! You just made 6 ULTS in a row useless and will keep having prolonged fights but now with even more hero switching lol

Abyss is irrelevant as it gives you a direct preview of the enemies that you will face on each level, plus it adds some substantial buffs while also effectively dividing your roster in half. Having 6 elements for 6 hero slots, or 4 elements for 4 slots will not change how you will play Abyss because Abyss is supposed to be as challenging as possible being an end game activity and making you to work around even more limitations.

it depends what you have, try for example venti+zhongli+diluc+barbara and you find a electro hammer fatui, it takes time to kill that fatui unless you come back with chong or kaeya but i don't have cryo healer that is another problem the lack of healers, when you have a team with geo and anemo it becomes uncomfortable.

what they are doing to fix this is making the elements universally stronger against everything and that is boring and power creep, i would prefer they introduce elfs(pets) with skills or slots where you call your characters to jump on the battlefield with click and they use their skills, they have a similar system in honkai.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
elfs(pets) with skills or slots
Can be another layer of RNG/time/resources hog. Not like I'm against new systems that makes open world less tedious, it's all on MiHo to properly implement it. All in all, I think that fast switch cam solve lots of problems without overly complicating things.

BlackM1st

Banned
Time go achievement hunting! Or hangout with Chongus.

shfgphmz1aw61.png
Sounds more like a minigame/event rather than something you will need to face all the time. I hope new archipelago will be a chill place and not something from and old RPGs with constant random mob fights that attack you out of nowhere FF style.

Pejo

Gold Member
Sounds more like a minigame/event rather than something you will need to face all the time. I hope new archipelago will be a chill place and not something from and old RPGs with constant random mob fights that attack you out of nowhere FF style.
It sounds like you can get out and explore the little islands, and that you have to "activate" the minigame, but who knows. I'm just excited that we get to steer the ship after all, though it sounds more arcade-y than I was hoping.

Regarding the housing mode stuff, it looks like a stone wiener gets you a 10 days ban, and that they have some sort of automated system for flagging phallic looking structures. So now you have to ask yourself - how bad do you really want it? Is making a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon worth it for a 10 day vacation? That's for you to decide.

Saber

Gold Member
Gotta treat your waifus well and give them a good home.

I will treat each one of them as if they were my queens(not a simp move I swear).

Except for Hu Tao...oh and Ayaka. Actually, the word Ayaka will be forbidden in my world. Anyone who disrespects this rule will be sent to a custom-made rock jail.

Last edited:

Aenima

New update today improved alot the framerate on PS5.

It is placebo effect or the clouds from the Huaguan Stone Forest region look much better on the PS5 version? Already uninstalled the PS4 version so i cant compare them.

Pejo

Gold Member
Diona trial was a legitimate pain. What the fuck were they thinking
Yea it took me like 4 tries to realize you were just supposed to go to the dots instead of making your way through the canyon lol. I actually failed the hangout the first time, didn't even know that was possible.

I don't hate Diona, but I do hate "one note" characters that are defined by one singular character trait. The fact that she harps on "ALCOHOL BAD" every other line is why I don't like her. Her hangout quest didn't really help that either, except maybe the one where you go find the cats, but even then she brings it right back to "I'M A BARTENDER". This is what I thought Barbara and Noelle's hangouts did well. They explored different sides of the characters and fleshed them out a bit so they're not just "I'm an Idol!" and "I'm a Maid!". They definitely still focus on those aspects, but there was other character development too. Diona's was just all one thing.

I don't know if any of you play(ed) Fate Grand Order, but this is exactly how I felt about Tesla/Edison every time they got screen time. You just fucking knew that it was going to be 10 minutes and 100 lines of "AC better! No, DC better!"

*edit*

Beta testers reporting 1.6 allows only 2 characters in your housing area at a time, but you can chat with them.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yea it took me like 4 tries to realize you were just supposed to go to the dots instead of making your way through the canyon lol. I actually failed the hangout the first time, didn't even know that was possible.

I don't hate Diona, but I do hate "one note" characters that are defined by one singular character trait. The fact that she harps on "ALCOHOL BAD" every other line is why I don't like her. Her hangout quest didn't really help that either, except maybe the one where you go find the cats, but even then she brings it right back to "I'M A BARTENDER". This is what I thought Barbara and Noelle's hangouts did well. They explored different sides of the characters and fleshed them out a bit so they're not just "I'm an Idol!" and "I'm a Maid!". They definitely still focus on those aspects, but there was other character development too. Diona's was just all one thing.

I don't know if any of you play(ed) Fate Grand Order, but this is exactly how I felt about Tesla/Edison every time they got screen time. You just fucking knew that it was going to be 10 minutes and 100 lines of "AC better! No, DC better!"

*edit*

Beta testers reporting 1.6 allows only 2 characters in your housing area at a time, but you can chat with them.
I don't think they particularly care for Diona either and just threw it out there because it was already done nor did they expect the quite positive reception to the Hangouts. She's just all around a lazy character personality and game design wise.

Pejo

Gold Member
I don't think they particularly care for Diona either and just threw it out there because it was already done nor did they expect the quite positive reception to the Hangouts. She's just all around a lazy character personality and game design wise.
Since I've been using her in my Rosaria/Mona/Lisa team, I have to say her shield is actually pretty good. Her healing field sucks, but mostly because it only heals characters that are out on the field, instead of all characters. I wish it worked like Jean's skill where it does an initial blast of healing to all characters then did healing over time on the field additionally. It wouldn't even have to be much, but it would greatly improve her kit. With both Diona and Rosaria laying down ice fields though, I always get a nice crit bonus and super fast energy regen to both of them. I guess that's why I wish she wasn't such a one note character.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Lvl 90 Azdaha slaps any team which is not shield focused.
New update today improved alot the framerate on PS5.

It is placebo effect or the clouds from the Huaguan Stone Forest region look much better on the PS5 version? Already uninstalled the PS4 version so i cant compare them.

PS5 has enhanced graphics for that area alone. It was informed in the videos they released.

Top Bottom