• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

Got spoiled on this one so I post it...

i knew this some days ago but honestly i don't know if i must be excited for this, they are aggresive with costumes in honkai, sometimes it's free, sometimes is money only and sometimes it cost over 60 pulls.

Last edited:

Pejo

I was prepared to pay for skins so I'm down. I don't know if it'll have the same system as Honkai though.
You just know it's going to be monetized in some fashion. I'm hoping it's not skin gacha and spend events though. Those are my least favorite systems in Honkai.

YukiOnna

You just know it's going to be monetized in some fashion. I'm hoping it's not skin gacha and spend events though. Those are my least favorite systems in Honkai.
I'd rather they just have Event Skins (welfare)/Paid Skins to keep it simple. Gacha for skin is stupid.
It would be nice if they did in-game currency paid skins like Arknights, but highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'd rather they just have Event Skins (welfare)/Paid Skins to keep it simple. Gacha for skin is stupid.
It would be nice if they did in-game currency paid skins like Arknights, but highly doubt it.
Yea a straight up skin purchase system would be the best. They will undoubtedly hand some out for free with events too, but we'll see what the shakedown is. I suspect that the skins will not use primogems, but will probably be straight up purchase (for like $10.00 etc) or those genesis crystals or whatever the real money crystals are called.

I mean they could totally afford to make all the skins obtainable through gameplay via various systems (like reputation rewards, event shops, Realm Currency, Friendship level etc), but when has a company ever said "nah, we already make enough money."?

Anyways, I'm excited to see what comes of this.

Dregnel

i expect barbara free and jean gacha.
hPv3KBP.png

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Might be a wild guess, but I'm gonna guess paid skins will be their route.

Different from weapons and characters, skins will not make you have advantage and neither gonna improve your team comps. It's just cosmetic.
And since it's just comestic, most of people who saw gatchas at that will simply avoid because it's "random" and theres no real in game value if you pick one.

Last edited:

Aenima

No biniki costumes on big boobie waifus, no pulls. They already shown they are anti big boobie waifus, so im good just getting chars with default costumes. Cocogoat already shows ass like shes wearing a swimsuit under her cloths, so... im good. :D

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I wonder what a 5* costume would look like, and if I can mod it to look like a bunny suit :messenger_expressionless:
Since each character sort of has a unique SFX depending on their accessory (Ganyu with her bell), it'd be nice if we had that + new idle animations. But we'll see.

Pejo

Since each character sort of has a unique SFX depending on their accessory (Ganyu with her bell), it'd be nice if we had that + new idle animations. But we'll see.
The Honkai costumes go all out. New special effects for their moves, new voice lines, etc. I expect that these will be the same level of quality.

Pejo

I forget who was asking about chihuahua trees the other day, but apparently the respawn condition for trees is after 10, the first one respawns. Here's a little loop for collecting that particular type of wood.

YukiOnna

I forget who was asking about chihuahua trees the other day, but apparently the respawn condition for trees is after 10, the first one respawns. Here's a little loop for collecting that particular type of wood.

I believe it was me. Thank fuck.

Ladioss

That new book means I have to rethink my plans to buy the BP pass to get the solar pearl for YF next season.

Anyway, I decided to spend my primo stack on the curent limited banner because I realized that I wanted to pull on the future banners without the risk of bringing home Eula (no more claymores, thanks you) or bomb fishing loli - and why not a Zhongli ? So, 40 wishes later, I have :
Yanfei C2
Diona C1
Noelle C4
Zhongli
+ as a bonus, Bennet + Kaeya C1 on the standard banner.

Well. Looks like I have a lot more options, now.

Last edited:

Pejo

That new book means I have to rethink my plans to buy the BP pass to get the solar pearl for YF next season.

Anyway, I decided to spend my primo stack on the curent limited banner because I realized that I wanted to pull on the future banners without the risk of bringing home Eula (no more claymores, thanks you) or bomb fishing loli - and why not a Zhongli ? So, 40 wishes later, I have :
Yanfei C2
Diona C1
Noelle C4
Zhongli
+ as a bonus, Bennet + Kaeya C1 on the standard banner.

Well. Looks like I have a lot more options, now.
Congrats, and welcome to ascension material and xp book hell!

Pejo

She's worst case scenario.
My C3 Qiqi begs to differ. It can always get worse.

*edit*

New info on putting your characters in your housing area in 1.6:
The number of characters you can add to the housing system is limited by the trust rank: 1 character at level 1-2, 2 characters at level 3-4, 3 characters at level 5-6, and 4 characters at level 7-10.

10 primogems for each character that you put in your realm, similar to the acquaint fates given for character ascension. This will be a permanent feature.

10 WHOLE FUCKING PRIMOGEMS!?!?! THANK YOU PROFUSELY MHY! HOLY SHIT.

EwiDlKUVoAcDT-4.jpg

Obviously and hopefully subject to change.

Last edited:

Pejo

Fischl themed bow seems pretty good actually, other than the awful main stat of Phys Damage. It's a slightly worse Stringless, but not bad for free. It's also really good on Fischl if anyone still main DPS's her.

vvlhtgu37zw61.jpg

My C3 Qiqi begs to differ. It can always get worse.

You guys complain about Qiqi and here I am sad because she is the only character I don't have. I got Keqing recently as well and I only use her for doing expeditions. Come to think of it, 4 characters who many players use a lot in their teams are only used for expeditions by me because they take less time than others due to their passive.

Pejo

You guys complain about Qiqi and here I am sad because she is the only character I don't have. I got Keqing recently as well and I only use her for doing expeditions. Come to think of it, 4 characters who many players use a lot in their teams are only used for expeditions by me because they take less time than others due to their passive.
It's not that Qiqi is necessarily bad, she's tied for best healer in the game with Jean. The problem is that she does literally NOTHING else. Her Cryo application is bad, her attack modifiers are shitty, no unique charge attack, awful energy regen (her elemental skill is one of the few in the whole game that gives no particles on use), no unique gimmick, and her constellations are the worst ones in the entire game including 4*s. Having 1 Qiqi is fine, though I haven't really used her since the 3rd or 4th week in the game other than to find Liyue specialties. Getting her more than once is the worst feeling though, because she isn't going to do anything special that she previously did, and it still doesn't expand her role on your team. It's kinda crazy when you have stuff like Zhongli's C6 compared to her 15 min cooldown party revive, which you will A) almost never need and B) will likely not have energy for in the event that you do need to use it.

She really needs a constellation redesign or buff of some sort. I certainly hope that she and Amber are first and second in line.

Saber

Gold Member
Fischl themed bow seems pretty good actually, other than the awful main stat of Phys Damage. It's a slightly worse Stringless, but not bad for free. It's also really good on Fischl if anyone still main DPS's her.

vvlhtgu37zw61.jpg

Shes good with auto once you get some constelations.
The first effect seems cool, but the second not. Once she uses an elemental skill, she loses Oz as an auto attack back up.

Last edited:
I really don't like that new boss. All he does is AoE damage that pulses forever, and turns virtually the entire arena into a deathzone. Some of it is elemental too, even though it makes no sense with the geo theme of the boss. The only way to combat it, is to use shields over and over. That's boring. Like you guys said before, it's like they're pushing you to get Zhongli just to use his shield (which is basically waht anyone ever uses him for anyway) and it's just so transparent and cheap. I hope this isn't how they try to increase the "difficulty" of the game in the future.

Saber

Gold Member
I really don't like that new boss. All he does is AoE damage that pulses forever, and turns virtually the entire arena into a deathzone. Some of it is elemental too, even though it makes no sense with the geo theme of the boss. The only way to combat it, is to use shields over and over. That's boring. Like you guys said before, it's like they're pushing you to get Zhongli just to use his shield (which is basically waht anyone ever uses him for anyway) and it's just so transparent and cheap. I hope this isn't how they try to increase the "difficulty" of the game in the future.

Or Noelle.
I fight him with Noele and she can tank him with a shield on the first phase. But once he gets an elemental form, her shield can't tank shit. And since he spam elemental alot and can infuse 2 times, she basically lost all her tank potential. I only kill him with spam of elemental reaction and only when he gives me a little openning.

I'm smelling some hard nerfs on this boss in the future.

crumbs

Yes, the Geovishap family stuff is getting old at this point. The devs can only introduce so many enemies/bosses that basically have the same "bring a shield character and wait for some elemental shenanigans to start half way through the fight" pacing.

BlackM1st

Banned
Or Noelle.
I fight him with Noele and she can tank him with a shield on the first phase. But once he gets an elemental form, her shield can't tank shit. And since he spam elemental alot and can infuse 2 times, she basically lost all her tank potential. I only kill him with spam of elemental reaction and only when he gives me a little openning.

I'm smelling some hard nerfs on this boss in the future.
Keep your distance. Cocogoat melts him like he's nothing. Noelle C6 heals like there's no tomorrow too. My Geo Lord isn't built properly yet and I use him as a backup, but not as a primary tank. His pillar is useless against the thick boi too, so I'm not to worried about him not being strong enough yet.

Speaking about Cocogoat. What a crazy value she is... Can't imagine using anyone else for the second challenge yesterday. Maybe Venti, but still... He has nothing on her DMG wise.

Saber

Gold Member
Yes, the Geovishap family stuff is getting old at this point. The devs can only introduce so many enemies/bosses that basically have the same "bring a shield character and wait for some elemental shenanigans to start half way through the fight" pacing.

Because the one responsible for that is trully pure incopetent.
If he wants to push shield, create an attack behavior that deals damage but if you use a shield you stun him, giving the player an opportunity to deal damage(or breath).

Theres no counterplay in a monster that attack reckless and endless without an openning. I already went to challenges with those geo monsters and having a shield is not enought.
Thats why the physical/hp artifact dungeon has a buff that deals damage if they attack your shield.

Keep your distance. Cocogoat melts him like he's nothing. Noelle C6 heals like there's no tomorrow too. My Geo Lord isn't built properly yet and I use him as a backup, but not as a primary tank. His pillar is useless against the thick boi too, so I'm not to worried about him not being strong enough yet.

This reminds me reading somewhere along the internet a player having trouple with Abysm Spyral and one answered to him "just use Cocogoat". Frankly, this patch in terms of challenges has being extremelly bad. Just the fact that in a poll of a bunch of characters, you have to use 1 which is best suit to the occasion tells me alot.

As for the biggy geo boss, I beat him on the second phase playing safe and spamming elemental reactions whenever he gives me opportunity while also striking with Noelle. Also keep in mind that not everyone has C6 Noelle(even though shes on my main team), it's a gatcha game after all. I barelly got Xynian even though my brother got 4 constelations with her.

I also remember the video I watched on the youtube with a guy beating it with Noelle(C6, Max shield artifacts, max talents). I already mention in this thread, it wasn't enought to tank the Big geo boss, the guy had to relly on food to restore his health.

Last edited:

Pejo

What else do you want from the best healer? Let her be a one trick pony that keeps you alive no matter what.
Because based on the other healers, they all do at least something else, or at least do a great job at applying their element (Barbara). If Qiqi's cryo applicator skill got a buff, that's at least something. Let it last longer, proc more often, and give energy particles. That's enough to make her at least considered for a team slot. If you think she's fine as is, how often do you use her in your party? I'd suspect never. That's the problem, there's never a good reason to include her.

Healers honestly took a big hit in necessity when Zhongli and Geo got buffed. You just don't need that level of heals for anything. Healers that also do other things like Bennett, Noelle, even Diona can not only heal, but also generate energy, shields, atk buffs, etc. Hell, even Ningguang with a Prototype Amber is more useful and deserves that team slot more than Qiqi.

Then you have Jean who is (IMO) one of the best designed characters in the game. She has heals on her autoattack at 50% chance, she has a huge burst heal that also cleanses and damages enemies - which lasts a decently long time. Her heal gets everyone in the party regardless if they're on the field or not then the AoE constantly heals and cleanses AND pulses damage if it cleanses an element, in addition to doing damage anytime an enemy passes the threshold. She has a unique charge attack that floats enemies (a viable CC method for small annoying enemies), she can toss enemies into things (which also swirls), and cause fall damage which can exceed damage for any other sources if the enemy has enough HP (since it's % based). Then you look at her constellations and she gets stuff like boost on her yeet skill, the ability to increase party movement and attack speed after collecting a particle, increasing def for the whole party etc. On top of that she has excellent energy generation and can universally fit into a team.

Tell me after looking at her kit and constellations that Qiqi is fine. I would say it's just usual power creep but Jean and Qiqi were both already in the game from day 1. I don't understand how the character design team looked at those two next to each other and was like "yea this seems right".

Last edited:

Pejo

My house is so fucking terrible lmao.
I was reading up on how they split up "housing load" and the two worst energy per load providers are trees and animals. Take that as you will. The best way to use animals is to bring them all inside and throw them in a bedroom, since each indoor room has its own load value. I have a neglectful animal den right now full of dogs and cats (and a basic wooden table because I had to put it somewhere).

My house is so fucking terrible lmao.

I went from "Oooh, let's see what the traveling sales teapot bird is selling. Rocks? Why would I want a bunch of big rocks?" to "I am the world shaper! Bow before me and my land forming power!"

Seriously though, the Teapot is the best thing they've added to the game so far, IMO.

BlackM1st

Banned
Tell me after looking at her kit and constellations that Qiqi is fine.
She's fine. Fine as a main healer. Not gonna change your life but will make it much easier anyway. Not every hero should be diverse or have a wide set of skills. If you improve her, she will make most other healers obsolete. But now most people can pick her up and play without overthinking how to build her. She will heal , that's everything what most people want from a healer hah.

She's fine. Fine as a main healer. Not gonna change your life but will make it much easier anyway. Not every hero should be diverse or have a wide set of skills. If you improve her, she will make most other healers obsolete. But now most people can pick her up and play without overthinking how to build her. She will heal , that's everything what most people want from a healer hah.
It's pretty garbage that she doesn't have any way to generate energy for herself apart from basic attacks. They should definitely change that, and not hide it behind a constellation.

About housing: I don't care whatsoever about the housing thing. I don't see the point of it, and I'm only putting any effort in because there's free primogems to claim. I don't care about building generic house #47 from the same blocks all the other buildings in the game are built from.

crumbs

My goal with the housing system: do enough to get the 2 weekly BP (non co-op) Teapot missions and then completely ignore it the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom