• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Saw in the net a guy beating the new Geo boss. The fella has a Noelle full talents, full constelation and artifact shield strenght and defense.

The guy still take a long time to beat it and still received a lot of damage. Even spamming Noelle shield with heal, he have to relly on foods to heal.

Diona trial was a legitimate pain. What the fuck were they thinking

And I gave up the handicap event.
Trying to figure out how to beat the geo biggy. But the monster attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks...

And when I notice, I wasn't dealing him much of damage because I couldn't catch a breath out of his attacks. He doesn't have oppenings or weak points, he just spam attacks endless.

Sorry but isn't worth the hassle. Better they take a hint and stop those handicap type of events.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Bought the primos from the new store and scrapped a few not sure where (maybe Zhong quest?).

5 more pulls. All blue. I'm at 80 pulls now.

I have exactly 0 primos now lol

Edit: Bought a single wish with starglitter.
PORCODIO.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Bought the primos from the new store and scrapped a few not sure where (maybe Zhong quest?).

PORCODIO.png
Well at least your Mona is a little wetter now.

*edit*

May shop. Lisa cons. will be mine.

ekh3n2ml9dw61.png

Last edited:

Ladioss

I knew I shouldn't have bought Razor on the store two weeks ago, a Bennett would have probably been a much better investment.

Hello everybody, I'm a Genshin noob (played two weeks last year, and picked it up again since the beginning of april). I'm at AR40, but my physical attack-focused main team is struggling while some (probably) good characters are spending too much time on the bench. Do you have any good tip to build good team comps ?

Saber

Gold Member
If anyone is interested in visiting my house just give a sign. Not the best, but its something better than a hole in the ground. I can visit your houses as well.

I knew I shouldn't have bought Razor on the store two weeks ago, a Bennett would have probably been a much better investment.

Hello everybody, I'm a Genshin noob (played two weeks last year, and picked it up again since the beginning of april). I'm at AR40, but my physical attack-focused main team is struggling while some (probably) good characters are spending too much time on the bench. Do you have any good tip to build good team comps ?

The take usually is to play and see which one you feel more comfortable or cool to play.
The common stuff is building around characters who cam spam elemental reactions. For instance, pick an electro, hydro, pyro and cryo since its a good comp imo.

The basic premise of pure attack would be two pyro powerhouses(those who can be damage dealers). That way you can pick the pyro resonance and increase attack performance.

But this is just is my basic info, I'm not much into meta myself. Most of my characters are considered support even though I build them as damage dealers.

YukiOnna

PORCODIO.png
On the bright side, you are guaranteed Kazuha if you roll on his banner.

crumbs

havnt been paying much attention.

this new event, is diona the only free character option?
Yes, she's the only character reward.

I was surprised at how easy it was to get her. You only need to complete the first portions of the Twisted Domain and she becomes available to purchase. I figured they'd make you wait till the end like with the free Fischl during the Meteor event or the free Liyue 4 star during the Lantern Fest.

Pejo

Welcome to the thread! To start, who are your favorite characters to play, and who do you have? Anyone you strictly do not want to use?
havnt been paying much attention.

this new event, is diona the only free character option?
Yep and you can get her fairly early on in the event. I already picked up the copy today after just doing the first few of those map events.
If anyone is interested in visiting my house just give a sign. Not the best, but its something better than a hole in the ground. I can visit your houses as well.
Which server are you on? I'm down to check out some GAF teapots, I'm on the US server.
Oh my god we need more Cuihua trees.
Yea they're annoying but I've just been keeping my eyes open for fruit trees while doing normal daily stuff and have 180~ wood from them already. They respawn quick too.

So I actually hit maximum items able to be placed in my outdoor section of my realm. Sucks. I won't be able to put anything else in there until I unlock the next "chunk" of land at rank 5. My outdoors is a pile of shit right now, but I just want maximum cozy level to get more currency ASAP, I'll make it actually look nice later.

New event is surprisingly great. The "sneak into camps and break the stone" gameplay is the most fun I've had in quite a while. Also loved the domain that was an actual domain instead of a timed abyss-lite for once. Then I did the grinding portion of the event and it's right back to abyss-lite. Regardless, they get an A+ for the stone collecting and domain run part. Story is super weak this time though.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Just installed the PS5 version tonight. There is a whole weeks worth of double leilines payouts, primo gems, xp books, and a prototype rancor.

I am guessing this is ps5 only since it isn’t available on my other two accounts (mobile/pc).

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm at AR40, but my physical attack-focused main team is struggling
Well, either pull for Geo Lord and add some superconduct into the mix or drop the physical nonsense altogether.

Saw in the net a guy beating the new Geo boss. The fella has a Noelle full talents, full constelation and artifact shield strenght and defense.

The guy still take a long time to beat it and still received a lot of damage. Even spamming Noelle shield with heal, he have to relly on foods to heal.
That's... not my experience, really. Cocogoat and C6 Noelle is all you need to kill him. He's probably the hardest weekly boss yet, but he's not impossible. Use Geo Lord's shield if u r really struggling so much. He's a great investment.

And I gave up the handicap event.
Trying to figure out how to beat the geo biggy. But the monster attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks, attacks...

And when I notice, I wasn't dealing him much of damage because I couldn't catch a breath out of his attacks. He doesn't have oppenings or weak points, he just spam attacks endless.

Sorry but isn't worth the hassle. Better they take a hint and stop those handicap type of events.
Beat it on hard with 10 minutes limit without realizing that I needed to use additional gems from the event haha. Used only 1st set of buffs. Big Geo Vishaps are really annoying enemies and you seriously need lots of shields and food. In the end, Cocogoat fucked them up but barely. Noelle and Geo Lord did nothing but shielded her. Klee died twice. She's good against them before they will overcharge with an element. After that, Klee should be very careful around big ones.

Last edited:

Dregnel

you guys can avoid the geo lizard running around like crazy if you use the elemental skill with the MC, You just have to use it under them and climb them on the stone when they are on top of the rock they get very stupid and you can shoot them or you can climb the rock to attack them, when they try to run they will stay on top of the rock like fools.

Last edited:

Ladioss

Thanks you all for the warm welcome !

The take usually is to play and see which one you feel more comfortable or cool to play.
The common stuff is building around characters who cam spam elemental reactions. For instance, pick an electro, hydro, pyro and cryo since its a good comp imo.

The basic premise of pure attack would be two pyro powerhouses(those who can be damage dealers). That way you can pick the pyro resonance and increase attack performance.

But this is just is my basic info, I'm not much into meta myself. Most of my characters are considered support even though I build them as damage dealers.

Thanks ! And good tip for the resonnances - like ultimates, I probably don't use those mechanisms enough in my game.
I'm curious, what is your team like ?

Welcome to the thread! To start, who are your favorite characters to play, and who do you have? Anyone you strictly do not want to use?

My main team is Traveller/Razor/Tarta/Xiangling. Traveller's auto is decent, Razor is backup against ennemy shields or tanks, and Xiangling set things on fire for Tarta's CC and/or Traveller's whirl.
I like the Mona/Lisa combo but I haven't used those for a long time and they are currently underleveled.
I probably don't use supports or enablers enough, and just #tryhard more than needed during fights :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Well, either pull for Geo Lord and add some superconduct into the mix or drop the physical nonsense altogether.

He seems nice, but I exauted my pity during my last pull on a limited banner so I would just blow my whole primogen stack just trying to get him :messenger_sad_relieved:
I will need to level Noelle or Xinyan if I need shielding for the time being.

BlackM1st

Banned
I probably don't use those mechanisms enough in my game.
No shit. You just can't with your team setup. You have 2 water 5☆, that's kinda limiting your options unfortunately. Add fire for vaporize reactions and create some ice for melting reactions. Traveler can also be left behind. Anemo traveler is meh, while Geo can work with a Geo Lord's constructs.

What 5☆ do you have besides Mona and Tart?

BlackM1st

Banned
AASnrdl.png

well zhongli selling less than hutao is something that i didn't expect, people are waiting for eula and too many reruns i guess.
His C1 really isn't something most people would want. After playing with him a little bit, I realized that I just not gonna enjoy his on field performance so investing in his C1 feels like a waste. Plus, he can be pretty damaged reputation wise, most people have no idea about his insane buffs and remember only memes from his 1st run. I'm really interested in the EULAs performance. Beautiful character, but nothing special kit wise. I wonder if people are really that gullible and thirsty to pull 4 her ;D

Pejo

Thats the thing...I dunno my server, I play on playstation.
Well where do you live? Unless you use a VPN, it's going to throw you into the server of your region. Platform has nothing to do with the server.

Thanks you all for the warm welcome !

Thanks ! And good tip for the resonnances - like ultimates, I probably don't use those mechanisms enough in my game.
I'm curious, what is your team like ?

My main team is Traveller/Razor/Tarta/Xiangling. Traveller's auto is decent, Razor is backup against ennemy shields or tanks, and Xiangling set things on fire for Tarta's CC and/or Traveller's whirl.
I like the Mona/Lisa combo but I haven't used those for a long time and they are currently underleveled.
I probably don't use supports or enablers enough, and just #tryhard more than needed during fights :messenger_grinning_sweat:

He seems nice, but I exauted my pity during my last pull on a limited banner so I would just blow my whole primogen stack just trying to get him :messenger_sad_relieved:
I will need to level Noelle or Xinyan if I need shielding for the time being.
Can you take a snapshot of your character window (the view that shows all of your obtained characters?). I'm just curious who you have. Traveler takes a lot of investment to make them actually usable, which would probably be better spent elsewhere. The Cryo (ice) and Electro (lightning) elements together cause a reaction called Superconduct that will do small one-time damage, but it reduces physical resistance of enemies affected by 40%, which is huge. If you really want to stick with a physical team, you really want to get this reaction as much as possible. It lasts 12 seconds though which should be more than enough to kill an enemy after it's applied. Razor is one of the best to take advantage of this, but you need a Cryo character in your team.

Something like Razor/Tart/Xiangling/Diona might be a good starter team for you if you want to stick with physical. Start the fight by using Diona's skill to apply a shield to your character and hit the enemies with Cryo, then switch to Razor, use his skill to superconduct, then just go to town. Tart and Diona have decent synergy too, since you have freeze available to you. You also have the ability to start out a fight with either of Xiangling's fire skills, and then using Tart's burst for big Vaporize reaction numbers, if you pump ATK/Elemental Mastery on him. If you don't have Diona, we get her for free on this current event.

Anyways, if you show us your characters, it'll probably be easier to recommend something. As others have said, physical isn't usually the best since it's very straightforward damage with few reactions and is universally a resisted damage type except vs. humans.

Saber

Gold Member
Well where do you live? Unless you use a VPN, it's going to throw you into the server of your region. Platform has nothing to do with the server.

Brazil. I'm saying that because I think I remember trying to play with one of members here in the past but couldn't. Gonna log in and see if I can provide my codes.

Trying to make my way to level 5 with the teapot, but it's already saying that I'm out of room for more outdoor furnishings. Does that mean I can only work on the inside of the house until I can open the second area of the map, at which point I'll be able to place more outdoor furnishings again in the new location?

Some of this is a little confusing. I was surprised and disappointed to see I've already hit a limit.

Ladioss

C6 is amazing.

His shield decreases enemy Phys res by 20%. Just like that, without any investments.

Drop Lisa. Hentai is her best talent. Use just Mona for ults. Invest in her Ult. Looks like you have 2 water 5☆. That's ok, but you need a decent fire/ice hero.
No shit. You just can't with your team setup. You have 2 water 5☆, that's kinda limiting your options unfortunately. Add fire for vaporize reactions and create some ice for melting reactions. Traveler can also be left behind. Anemo traveler is meh, while Geo can work with a Geo Lord's constructs.

My Noelle is C2. Like Barbara, I assume it will grow organically and without too much effort with time and I just need to be patient; fot the time being I just leveled up mine to 40 (and gave her whiteblind) the first time I wanted to fight Stormterror but I didn't really use her ever since.
A Zhongli (or a Bennet) would be nice as I think I lack a strong support character, but I need to keep my primogens to take a shot at a strong 5* Pyro or Cryo DPS first.
i like Lisa in tandem with Mona for clearing mobs but yeah, she tends to be pretty useless against single targets. Her biggest weakness with the focus on AoE is her charged elemental skill which is pretty easy to interrupt for enemies, maybe the C2 would help.
I leveled my Traveller because she does ok damage consistenly with a gladiator + martial artist set, her ascension mats are easy to get, I like firestorming mobs with Xiangling + swirl, and I don't think I have really better alternatives for the time being :messenger_grinning_sweat:

What 5☆ do you have besides Mona and Tart?
Can you take a snapshot of your character window (the view that shows all of your obtained characters?). I'm just curious who you have. Traveler takes a lot of investment to make them actually usable, which would probably be better spent elsewhere. The Cryo (ice) and Electro (lightning) elements together cause a reaction called Superconduct that will do small one-time damage, but it reduces physical resistance of enemies affected by 40%, which is huge. If you really want to stick with a physical team, you really want to get this reaction as much as possible. It lasts 12 seconds though which should be more than enough to kill an enemy after it's applied. Razor is one of the best to take advantage of this, but you need a Cryo character in your team.

Something like Razor/Tart/Xiangling/Diona might be a good starter team for you if you want to stick with physical. Start the fight by using Diona's skill to apply a shield to your character and hit the enemies with Cryo, then switch to Razor, use his skill to superconduct, then just go to town. Tart and Diona have decent synergy too, since you have freeze available to you. You also have the ability to start out a fight with either of Xiangling's fire skills, and then using Tart's burst for big Vaporize reaction numbers, if you pump ATK/Elemental Mastery on him. If you don't have Diona, we get her for free on this current event.

Anyways, if you show us your characters, it'll probably be easier to recommend something. As others have said, physical isn't usually the best since it's very straightforward damage with few reactions and is universally a resisted damage type except vs. humans.

Please don't laugh too hard :messenger_grinning_sweat:

hllvpiX.jpg

I collected Diona yesterday but didn't really give it much of a thought as her trial run was a pain to play :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Ideally, I would like to keep Tarta as his dual stance is fun to play (I just need to swap his hydro bonus artefact for a EM one then ?), and devise a way to use Mona and Yanfei. I also plan to pull for Benett (support) and Beidou (starting an Electro/Hydro team) as soon as I can (I don't have enough starglitters in stock to get Benett from the shop currently).

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Some of this is a little confusing. I was surprised and disappointed to see I've already hit a limit.
Yeah, it's probably made so people like me who just create and build random shit wouldn't raise our money making levels too fast.

But Trust Rank is totally independent from what you place iirc You can just built new blueprints and keep the furniture without actually placing it.

Adeptal Energy (money) is about what you PLACED.

Trust ( WL of teapot) is about what you CREATED for the first time.

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't think I have really better alternatives for the time being
Nonsense. Both Rosaria and Fire Dork are pretty good. Exactly what you need in your waterworld team.

Keep raising Tart. And use Mona's ULT. Throw in some fire from your new mage and pick your ice poison. Either Diona for healing/energy or Rosaria for her ult. Barbie is a great healer, but c'mon man, 3 water characters in 1 team ? I don't think so lol

Pejo

Trying to make my way to level 5 with the teapot, but it's already saying that I'm out of room for more outdoor furnishings. Does that mean I can only work on the inside of the house until I can open the second area of the map, at which point I'll be able to place more outdoor furnishings again in the new location?

Yep, I'm in the same situation as you. We have to get rank 5 to unlock the next area to place more outdoor stuff. It's worth noting that placing furniture has nothing to do with your realm level. Realm level is strictly from crafting furniture. When you learn a recipe it will have that little blue icon on it. The first time you make that recipe, you get realm XP. Placing furniture only raises the cozy level, which has different effects - like how much currency you regen over time. If you're trying to rush rank 5, just buy and craft as many NEW recipes as you can.

hllvpiX.jpg

I collected Diona yesterday but didn't really give it much of a thought as her trial run was a pain to play :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Ideally, I would like to keep Tarta as his dual stance is fun to play (I just need to swap his hydro bonus artefact for a EM one then ?), and devise a way to use Mona and Yanfei. I also plan to pull for Benett (support) and Beidou (starting an Electro/Hydro team) as soon as I can (I don't have enough starglitters in stock to get Benett from the shop currently).
Ok, so if you want to "main" Tart, I can offer some advice. I've been maining him since his first banner because I like his gameplay style too.

You have a few options here. A really solid team for you is Tart/Xiangling/Noelle, then you have some flexibility for your last slot. You can slot in Xinyan for Pyro resonance (which gives a nice attack boost). Since you like MC, you could switch her to Geo and run her as your last slot for the Geo resonance, which is really strong now. You get attack bonuses and shield bonus while your character is shielded with that setup. Or, what I would do (that some people will disagree with) is go Tart/Xinyan/Rosaria/Diona. With that team you can have nearly full time freeze of the enemies, you have Rosaria to swap to when Tart's cooldown is recharging on his skill and still do decent damage. Xinyan provides a shield and pyro for either Vaporize or Melt, and she has a claymore to mine ore and take down Geo shields on enemies. Diona can heal and provide a shield. You gain lots of survivability with this setup, and the ability to do two of the best reactions for damage.

Unfortunately if you like Tart, it's hard to make Mona work in the same team. Hydro resonance is the worst one out of all of them, but that doesn't mean you absolutely can't run 2x water on your team. I wouldn't do it though. Mona fits well on a team with at least one, but usually 2, Pyro characters (with one as the main dps). A good sub team for you would be Yanfei (main dps)/Mona/Xiangling/Noelle. You can make the most out of both Mona and Yanfei with this setup, but you need to figure out how Mona's burst works, it's not very intuitive. Once you get to the point where you don't need healing as much, you could even swap in Sucrose to boost that team's damage even more.

Anyways, it sounds like you're still learning the game and getting through the adventurer ranks, so I still stand by that Tart/Xinyan/Rosaria/Diona is a great team for now until you get into more end-game related stuff, but I realize that's a lot of investment since most of them are not leveled.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yep, I'm in the same situation as you. We have to get rank 5 to unlock the next area to place more outdoor stuff. It's worth noting that placing furniture has nothing to do with your realm level. Realm level is strictly from crafting furniture. When you learn a recipe it will have that little blue icon on it. The first time you make that recipe, you get realm XP. Placing furniture only raises the cozy level, which has different effects - like how much currency you regen over time. If you're trying to rush rank 5, just buy and craft as many NEW recipes as you can.

Ok, so if you want to "main" Tart, I can offer some advice. I've been maining him since his first banner because I like his gameplay style too.

You have a few options here. A really solid team for you is Tart/Xiangling/Noelle, then you have some flexibility for your last slot. You can slot in Xinyan for Pyro resonance (which gives a nice attack boost). Since you like MC, you could switch her to Geo and run her as your last slot for the Geo resonance, which is really strong now. You get attack bonuses and shield bonus while your character is shielded with that setup. Or, what I would do (that some people will disagree with) is go Tart/Xinyan/Rosaria/Diona. With that team you can have nearly full time freeze of the enemies, you have Rosaria to swap to when Tart's cooldown is recharging on his skill and still do decent damage. Xinyan provides a shield and pyro for either Vaporize or Melt, and she has a claymore to mine ore and take down Geo shields on enemies. Diona can heal and provide a shield. You gain lots of survivability with this setup, and the ability to do two of the best reactions for damage.

Unfortunately if you like Tart, it's hard to make Mona work in the same team. Hydro resonance is the worst one out of all of them, but that doesn't mean you absolutely can't run 2x water on your team. I wouldn't do it though. Mona fits well on a team with at least one, but usually 2, Pyro characters (with one as the main dps). A good sub team for you would be Yanfei (main dps)/Mona/Xiangling/Noelle. You can make the most out of both Mona and Yanfei with this setup, but you need to figure out how Mona's burst works, it's not very intuitive. Once you get to the point where you don't need healing as much, you could even swap in Sucrose to boost that team's damage even more.

Anyways, it sounds like you're still learning the game and getting through the adventurer ranks, so I still stand by that Tart/Xinyan/Rosaria/Diona is a great team for now until you get into more end-game related stuff, but I realize that's a lot of investment since most of them are not leveled.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Genshin Impact is fun, casual friendly game you guys!

n3tiYmG.png

Poor fella, I bet he's sorry to even asking anything lmao

eah, it's probably made so people like me who just create and build random shit wouldn't raise our money making levels too fast.

But Trust Rank is totally independent from what you place iirc You can just built new blueprints and keep the furniture without actually placing it.

Adeptal Energy (money) is about what you PLACED.

Trust ( WL of teapot) is about what you CREATED for the first time.

Sorry if I was too vague. I understand all that. I just meant that if my goal is to unlock the next area, getting more placement energy will result in it being easier to regen currancy, which will make it easier to buy new blueprints, which will make it easier to hit rank 5.

I guess I was mainly asking if everyone else was hitting a furnishings limit outdoors, or if I built too many large structures or something. But it sounds like we're all hitting the limit, so that answers that question.

Ladioss

Nonsense. Both Rosaria and Fire Dork are pretty good. Exactly what you need in your waterworld team.

Keep raising Tart. And use Mona's ULT. Throw in some fire from your new mage and pick your ice poison. Either Diona for healing/energy or Rosaria for her ult. Barbie is a great healer, but c'mon man, 3 water characters in 1 team ? I don't think so lol

Okay so the teams I need to look out for :
Tart/Xiangling/Noelle/Xinyan
Tart/Xinyan/Rosaria/Diona
Yanfei/Mona/Xiangling/Noelle

Thanks a lot to both of you for your input, lot of food for thought here !
I will try to level up at least Rosaria and Diona to begin with while keeping my current team up to task for my current AR, better beginning farming those leylines right now :messenger_face_steam:

Liking the PS5 version, but it's making my console noisy.

I don't have noticeable coil whine on any of my other PS5 games except this one. Fine in some menus, crazy loud in gameplay! The constant variation in pitch and volume of it might make me go back to the PS4 code tbh.

Pejo

Liking the PS5 version, but it's making my console noisy.

I don't have noticeable coil whine on any of my other PS5 games except this one. Fine in some menus, crazy loud in gameplay! The constant variation in pitch and volume of it might make me go back to the PS4 code tbh.
This is so interesting to me. The game is nice visually, but nothing that should be making a PS5 shit itself. Wonder what in the world is going on.

BlackM1st

Banned
This is so interesting to me. The game is nice visually, but nothing that should be making a PS5 shit itself. Wonder what in the world is going on.
4 me it has a buzzing sound instead of whine. And it happens only during gameplay. The moment I open the map or any other menu, it stops completely.

Fake

That's probably a new thread worthy. Genshin is way bigger than most games DF covers. If only PS5 wasn't buzzing so much lol.

I remember asking why DF never cover Genshin Impact, but cover Tenten?

Anw, I created a thread talking about.

Last edited:

Pejo

Got spoiled on this one so I post it...

Hellll yeaaaaa. Finally, costumes. Sounds like swimsuit themed too, but we should probably censor temper our expectations with those. I hope we get a less twink-like costume for Aether. I was really hoping that Kazuha was just a Inazuma themed costume for him, but I guess that didn't pan out.

Top Bottom