• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
For those that picked either the mountains or the beach for your housing, can you go into the "options" while placing things and change the time of day outdoors? The floating islands one lets me change day/night cycle indoors only. Outside, it looks like 6:30PM all day, and I can't manually switch it to night. Bummer. I prefer night in Genshin.

I can do just fine. I pick mountains.

XPertRU

Neo Member
My PS5 version impressions:
  • The good: Loading times are faster.
  • The weird: Turns out your characters supposed to comment on all the weather and environmental stuff around them in the open world too!(voice over lines from profile) Who knew? Definitely not PS4 version players.
  • The bad: PS5 is even more noisy now. It's not a jet engine like PS4 Pro, it's just has this weird "static noise" when it's all quite.
  • For some bizarre reason Dualsense vibrates during the gliding. Not only it's annoying, it's also probably draining the already weak battery even more.
  • The ugly: PS5 on screen keyboard looks smaller now. Makes already bad keyboard to be even less enjoyable. Bah.
1. CRAZY coil whine (maybe bc unlocked FPS). For now I consider to switch back to PS4 version. I don’t want to kill my PS5.
2. Unstable FPS (feels bad, PS4 version with locked FPS is way better).
3. Pop-in is still there, don’t see any improvements. SSD magic don’t work here. Draw distance is not too much better.
4. First time in Genshin I see major bug - houses, trees, water and half of earth is gone. People and items (chests, rocks, apples, etc) flying in the air.

Very bad, miHoYo :(

Fuz

Banned
Ah ok, so the outdoors must have pre-determined lighting. I'm sure it'll eventually happen considering they have a toggle for it already, you just can't do anything with it. They probably didn't want to have to make night versions of all of the outdoor furniture that have lights on it or something.

It'll be cool someday if after we beat story bosses, we get materials to make furniture of their corpses, kinda like how FFXIV worked for raid bosses. I want to mount Dvalin's head on my wall.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
I can toggle day/night both inside and outside.

Yamisan

Played the ps5 version about 10 hours today so far. My ps5 is still silent, didn't change that at all. FPS has been fine and stable so far. Loading is very fast and view distance seems much further.

Pejo

Gold Member
Did the Zhongli quest tonight. That boss is....eh....

It just makes using any melee without big dong zhong's shield a real chore. Once again the correct answer is just to sit back with Ganyu and snipe his ass. They really need to design some better encounters for bosses. Huge AoE slams every 5 seconds isn't what I'd consider fun for every new enemy. I'd even enjoy it if they went more MMO route and "dodge the red spots on the floor" or had stuff like Primovishap with the elemental shields reflecting the damage of his big move. At least those are interesting mechanics.

Maybe I missed something since I only fought him once, but I wasn't impressed. The quest was somewhat interesting though, specifically the end.

If he's locked in a contract not to say anything, I'm not sure why traveler doesn't just go ask Venti. His whole thing of "freedom" means that he wouldn't likely care about something like that.

YukiOnna

Did the Zhongli quest tonight. That boss is....eh....

It just makes using any melee without big dong zhong's shield a real chore. Once again the correct answer is just to sit back with Ganyu and snipe his ass. They really need to design some better encounters for bosses. Huge AoE slams every 5 seconds isn't what I'd consider fun for every new enemy. I'd even enjoy it if they went more MMO route and "dodge the red spots on the floor" or had stuff like Primovishap with the elemental shields reflecting the damage of his big move. At least those are interesting mechanics.

Maybe I missed something since I only fought him once, but I wasn't impressed. The quest was somewhat interesting though, specifically the end.

If he's locked in a contract not to say anything, I'm not sure why traveler doesn't just go ask Venti. His whole thing of "freedom" means that he wouldn't likely care about something like that.
Did you only fight the Story Version?

And
If Zhongli is tied to contract, that probably means all Archons have a unique NDA clause where they can't speak of it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Did you only fight the Story Version?

And
If Zhongli is tied to contract, that probably means all Archons have a unique NDA clause where they can't speak of it.
Yea only story version for now, I was out of resin from other stuff. Is the weekly a different fight?

Well that's what I'm saying, I understand with Rex Lapis, the god of Contracts, he can't break a contract, but I doubt Venti would have such a hard time with it, based on his character.

Also, get out your biggest grain of salt, but here's a supposed leaked roadmap for the next 4-5 months.

1.6 - ludi harpastum with klee rerun inazuma first islands kazuha (sword, anemo, 5* boy, inazuma (?)) housing system huge update electro buffs friend list capacity increased to 200 mora and xp books leylines resin cost decreased to 10, drops went down a little (still overall huge buff to resin)

1.7 - moonchase festival last liyue/mondstadt focused update before free xingqiu event triple banner again ganyu, xiao rerun keqing removed from the standard banner keqing rerun keqing and qiqi buffs albedo goes to standard banner dainsleif appearance again new abyss floor 13

2.0 - inazuma full release ayaka (cryo, sword, 5* girl, inazuma) sayu (anemo, claymore, 4* girl, inazuma) yae guuji (electro, polearm, 5* girl, inazuma) huge, very huge update to the game lots of new mobs, places, npcs, house types, challenges, bosses, characters really huge

2.1 and further is still pretty unknown, expect baal (electro, sword, 5* girl, inazuma), scaramouche (electro, catalyst, 5* boy, inazuma), mizuni (hydro, claymore, 4* boy, inazuma) and even the return of liyue characters such as Yunjin (geo, polearm, 4* girl, liyue)

YukiOnna

Yea only story version for now, I was out of resin from other stuff. Is the weekly a different fight?

Well that's what I'm saying, I understand with Rex Lapis, the god of Contracts, he can't break a contract, but I doubt Venti would have such a hard time with it, based on his character.
Yeah, the Domain version has an entire other phase. Story version is nerfed.

True. Even if Venti were unable to say it based on his own decision, he would at least give us another hint. Though Zhongli's careful wording makes it sound like the situation regarding Khaenri'ah is not so black and white from what Dain or the Sibling say. At the very least, they did partake or have involvement in the events.

YukiOnna

Fuck it. I did it cause I think it's better than getting another Cryo who will sit since she's not Ganyu and got the best possible outcome.
AVOlQ9O.png

BJK

I lost my 50/50 for C1 Zhongli, but at least got a shiny new Jean to play with. Between her and C1 Yenfei, I am seriously low on mora & xp books (both have ascended to Lv. 50). Jean inherited the physical DPS set I had been building for QiqI, including the Primordial Jade Cutter (from the time I pitied off the weapon banner) + 2 Gladiator + 2 Bloodstained (incl. physical damage cup). Aiming for 70% / 140% once the artifacts are done.
Working on a Widsith for Yenfei, and still have fairly lousy artifacts for her, but I’ll work on that after I get Jean built up.

Out of primogems, but knowing my next 5* is going to be the promoted character, I may just wait for Baal (to ensure my 3rd archon).

Pejo

Gold Member
*happy cat and shogun raiden noises*

Q: Will Keqing appear more in future quests?

A: In the future Moonchase Festival, there will be more interesting stories for Travelers to experience with Keqing... Stay tuned~

*HAPPY CAT NOISES*

My feedback has been answered.
If my earlier leaks end up being true, she's going to be removed from the standard banner and replaced with Albedo. Not sure where she goes then, maybe she becomes limited? I have never seen a gacha game take a standard banner character and make it limited before, I believe they'd get a shitstorm for that.

Maybe she'll go to the starglitter shop?

YukiOnna

If my earlier leaks end up being true, she's going to be removed from the standard banner and replaced with Albedo. Not sure where she goes then, maybe she becomes limited? I have never seen a gacha game take a standard banner character and make it limited before, I believe they'd get a shitstorm for that.

Maybe she'll go to the starglitter shop?
The only way I'd see that happening is if she's getting a separate buff aside from the elemental one above? Rather than a banner replacement, maybe limited to the starglitter shop would make sense, yeah. Did she end up popular than they expected or something then?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Nah, she bombed HARD. But many people have her thanks to 50/50, so maybe they want to throw community a bone and buff her?
The banner at that point with no character story was a pretty dumb move for sure. And possibly, she has a decent kit that works and I enjoy using her after I built her up so it'd be a good move.

Reactions: BJK

crumbs

Albedo going to the standard rotation makes sense. I can already see people upset that they lost their 50/50 pity and pulled him instead <insert future power creep banner character here> :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Buffing electro seems inevitable. Eventually players are going to get tired of melting and vaporizing everything, right?

I haven't played gacha games before. How do they normally handle moving characters from time-limited exclusive banners to the permanent banners? If they keep adding characters to the standard banner, does the roster become too large and de-incentivizes users to spend on it, since you have even less of a chance to pull certain characters?

Saber

Gold Member
I find this house building an interesting addition while is a fun thing to spend time. I just think they're trying too hard to add unnecessary mechanics just for time consuming, end up spoiling the fun part of the event.

Reactions: Fuz
I haven't played gacha games before. How do they normally handle moving characters from time-limited exclusive banners to the permanent banners?
They add more of them to the same exclusive banner, and rotate more quickly.
In honkai they move characters to a lower cost banner, and when they do reruns they announce all of them in one go, so you know which one you want to go for.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Albedo going to the standard rotation makes sense. I can already see people upset that they lost their 50/50 pity and pulled him instead <insert future power creep banner character here> :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Buffing electro seems inevitable. Eventually players are going to get tired of melting and vaporizing everything, right?

I haven't played gacha games before. How do they normally handle moving characters from time-limited exclusive banners to the permanent banners? If they keep adding characters to the standard banner, does the roster become too large and de-incentivizes users to spend on it, since you have even less of a chance to pull certain characters?
Usually after a certain amount of time, after they have milked what they can from the limited banners for that character, they will just do as you said and move it to the permanent pool. It's typically only done rarely, when a particular character underwhelms revenue wise, or after a year or two of being limited. Standard banners always get bloated in games that do this, for the reason you describe, but people usually only spend free rolls on the standard banners anyways, since it's such a crapshoot. Around the same time that bloat happens, though, you'll usually start to see stuff like character selector tickets or "guaranteed 5* from standard banner" tickets that they try to monetize and sell, or give as rewards for big events like anniversaries. I could see Genshin doing that, but I'm still a little suspicious that Albedo would get moved before even getting a rerun.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
If that leaked roadmap is true, that's incredibly disappointing to me.
Rerun after rerun, very little new content for a while, presenting small resin changes as if it's something hugely important and still no Dendro.
I hope they're wrong.

BlackM1st

Banned
Man, people are already doing cool unintended shit with the housing system.
2xxtygujg2w61.png

Here's a tutorial from the same guy:

Kewl.

But I'm not convinced that it's worth your time and effort YET. 1st, system is undercooked and underdeveloped, 2nd, MiHo can easily "fix" it and it will just disappear, 3rd, next patch already promises some big updates. IMO a better strategy rn is just unlock/build as much random stuff as possible and wait a little before actually putting some time into proper world building.

I just think they're trying too hard to add unnecessary mechanics just for time consuming, end up spoiling the fun part of the event.
Yeah, why we need so much tree types? Wood is wood, ffs.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Not a fan of building stuff in general. The building dimension thing is a bummer for me since I won't be doing any of the content. It has a side effect of saving me $30 bucks a month now since I won't be spending on the BP (hymn) three times a month.

crumbs

Not a fan of building stuff in general. The building dimension thing is a bummer for me since I won't be doing any of the content. It has a side effect of saving me $30 bucks a month now since I won't be spending on the BP (hymn) three times a month.

Paying for the Battle Pass 3 times a month - How does that work? Do you mean that you have 3 accounts?

I'm also not feeling the housing stuff and I'm on the fence about buying the BP again, but for a myriad of reasons.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Housing was the one big thing I wanted so I'm glad it exceeded my expectations even on soft launch. I have a lot of suggestions, but I'll save it for the feedback survey. All in all, I'm glad it's not MMO style and you actually have a lot of intricacy in building it. Going all Fornite in the world is addicting, too.

Only problem is the timegate, but I guess they don't want people done in a couple days even though I don't think people will tire of this feature.

Dregnel

Yo ho mateys, 'ave a look at yer skiff.

I was waiting for a design where you could see your character driving the skiff, i mean boats are closed and skiffs are open, this is a boat.

Last edited:

crumbs

Zhongli (who I just pulled and is a work in progress) completely trivializes the new Domain (at all levels), which works out since the domain rewards include the new Millelith artifact set would work well on Zhongli.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Zhongli (who I just pulled and is a work in progress) completely trivializes the new Domain (at all levels), which works out since the domain rewards include the new Millelith artifact set would work well on Zhongli.
Isn't it also...curious.... that the new weekly boss gets an intro in the Zhongli story quest (to unlock him), where you have a mega powered up shielded Zhongli to show you that Zhongli is very useful in that fight?

Really makes you use the old noggin.

Emoji Think GIF

Fuz

Banned
Isn't it also...curious.... that the new weekly boss gets an intro in the Zhongli story quest (to unlock him), where you have a mega powered up shielded Zhongli to show you that Zhongli is very useful in that fight?

Emoji Think GIF
Common scummy psychological tactics that most gachas employ.

By the way, I read somewhere that you can set teapot visit permissions for when you're offline and such but I can't see where. Any ideas?

Last edited:

crumbs

Emoji Think GIF

miHoYo to players: You will be made to love shields.

If players don't appreciate shields/geo, it's the devs own fault with how they balanced elements. I'm at AR55 and I've basically never bothered with geo or anemo until recently. Zhongli is proving to be really useful in the max level domains (where enemies have unblockable attacks) and abyss, but I don't feel like shields have all that much utility in earlier content. When I ran into difficulty spikes as I progressed through the game, it was usually due to low DPS issues leading to not beating a timed challenge.

Dregnel

about the new domain, it's supposed to give you an attack buff every time enemies are hit by geo but my zghongli feels like a nuclear god i get ulti every 4-6 seconds, wtf?
edit: nvm he is like this everywhere i upgraded favonious staff and forgot it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
miHoYo to players: You will be made to love shields.

If players don't appreciate shields/geo, it's the devs own fault with how they balanced elements. I'm at AR55 and I've basically never bothered with geo or anemo until recently. Zhongli is proving to be really useful in the max level domains (where enemies have unblockable attacks) and abyss, but I don't feel like shields have all that much utility in earlier content. When I ran into difficulty spikes as I progressed through the game, it was usually due to low DPS issues leading to not beating a timed challenge.
This is my view too. They have too many enemies that are only able to be taken down with specific elements. The shields on the abyss mages (opposing element only), the big shielded hilichurls (omnidirectional blocking somehow, pyro necessary), Fatui (opposing element only, very strict to a single element per fatui), large ice shield hilichurl (pyro again), Geo/Cryo infused giant hilichurl (Zhongli or claymores/pyro again). It's just too much. If the team swapping mechanic didn't take 30 seconds, it'd be better, but it's just annoying to run around the world with certain teamcomps because you have to stop, load menu, switch team, wait for team to load, exit menu, then kill that enemy, and go back to your other team. It's easier to run around with a boring comp with all bases covered, even if you don't like the way it plays, just for convenience. This is what does the biggest damage to using Anemo/Geo characters in my own opinion.

I'd love the ability to hot swap teams, but with like a 20 second cooldown. That'd be much better since you could be running around the world, and say "oh shit, it's a wood shield hilichurl, let me pop into my Pyro team", then fight them, after the cooldown wears off, just pop back to your original team and off you go. Kinda like the way we swap characters just with a longer cooldown. I think it would promote a lot of different team comps outside of Abyss.

crumbs

about the new domain, it's supposed to give you an attack buff every time enemies are hit by geo but my zghongli feels like a nuclear god i get ulti every 4-6 seconds, wtf?

I don't think the buff in the new domain is for geo, but for shields. The text reads:

"A backlash will occur when opponents hit a character protected by a shield, unleashing a shockwave originating at the attacking opponent's position that deals one instance of AoE DMG. Can occur once every 2s."

Does your Zhongli have energy recharge artifacts for burst support? I'm building Zhongli as mostly shield support, so I'm looking for HP artifacts.

Dregnel

I don't think the buff in the new domain is for geo, but for shields. The text reads:

"A backlash will occur when opponents hit a character protected by a shield, unleashing a shockwave originating at the attacking opponent's position that deals one instance of AoE DMG. Can occur once every 2s."

Does your Zhongli have energy recharge artifacts for burst support? I'm building Zhongli as mostly shield support, so I'm looking for HP artifacts.
yes i got my staff upgraded it and i didn't know maybe that is the reason, man to many stuff to upgrade and you forget it i was using his staff at lv 20 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dregnel

This is my view too. They have too many enemies that are only able to be taken down with specific elements. The shields on the abyss mages (opposing element only), the big shielded hilichurls (omnidirectional blocking somehow, pyro necessary), Fatui (opposing element only, very strict to a single element per fatui), large ice shield hilichurl (pyro again), Geo/Cryo infused giant hilichurl (Zhongli or claymores/pyro again). It's just too much. If the team swapping mechanic didn't take 30 seconds, it'd be better, but it's just annoying to run around the world with certain teamcomps because you have to stop, load menu, switch team, wait for team to load, exit menu, then kill that enemy, and go back to your other team. It's easier to run around with a boring comp with all bases covered, even if you don't like the way it plays, just for convenience. This is what does the biggest damage to using Anemo/Geo characters in my own opinion.

I'd love the ability to hot swap teams, but with like a 20 second cooldown. That'd be much better since you could be running around the world, and say "oh shit, it's a wood shield hilichurl, let me pop into my Pyro team", then fight them, after the cooldown wears off, just pop back to your original team and off you go. Kinda like the way we swap characters just with a longer cooldown. I think it would promote a lot of different team comps outside of Abyss.
they just need to increase the party members to 5 or 6 characters, it was 5 in alpha if i am not wrong and also you could change your characters while playing in domains but it was a chaos and they nerfed it.

crumbs

Hot swapping between two 4 player teams would be nice. Is the team loading issues due to some limitations from being a mobile game? The loading times for the team switching is awkwardly long, even on PC with a fast SSD.

Pejo

Gold Member
Hot swapping between two 4 player teams would be nice. Is the team loading issues due to some limitations from being a mobile game? The loading times for the team switching is awkwardly long, even on PC with a fast SSD.
Great question. I assume with how you swap characters in and out with a button tap on a single team, it's probably loading all of their textures and animations into memory. Maybe on weaker mobile devices, there's not enough RAM available to load 8 characters worth of moves/effects/textures at once?

So how exactly do this visiting houses work? Like normal co-op?
Not actually sure, are you on the US server? We could try it.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Not actually sure, are you on the US server? We could try it.

I'm not even sure what server am I, since I'm a playstation user.

I was trying to find a way to search other serenity pots player but I dunno where. Gonna post my ID and see if one of you guys can join later.

-Edit: Didn't saw your last post, how did you manage to get that item? Is that a rank reward? Is this the item that allows players to join or is specific to friends?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Sorry, comrades = Friends or Characters?
Characters, in this case.
I'm not even sure what server am I, since I'm a playstation user.

I was trying to find a way to search other serenity pots player but I dunno where. Gonna post my ID and see if one of you guys can join later.

-Edit: Didn't saw your last post, how did you manage to get that item? Is that a rank reward? Is this the item that allows players to join or is specific to friends?
It's a 1.6 item. It will allow our characters to visit us in our teapot and interact on some level.

You mean the circle that appears when you select party?
It's not loading anything, it's a mechanism to avoid players switching characters while in combat, because moving stops it; you basically have to stand somewhere "safe" to switch characters.

Dregnel

6 elements and only 4 characters is a chaos sometimes when you find those fatui and you forget that you don't have hydro or cryo in your team... it sucks you need to leave and come back, and it will sucks even more when they add the dendro element.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
6 elements and only 4 characters is a chaos sometimes when you find those fatui and you forget that you don't have hydro or cryo in your team... it sucks you need to leave and come back, and it will sucks even more when they add the dendro element.

They should have changed this since the very begining. It's not like changing team member during a fight cheating. You still have hundreds of limitations from challenges, abysm dungeons and domains. Outworld should be free of those stupid rules.

Top Bottom