• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

R Reizo Ryuu I am fuming at MHY's decision to

Make Kiana the Herrscher of Fire. I am fucking fuming at this decision to not bring back Himeko and make her relevant. You have no idea of the depths of my anger right now.
Yeah it feels a bit weird, they could've chosen a different element, but I guess they did it because this way it feels like she's channeling himeko, since she's been with kiana "in spirit" during every difficult thing she had to do so far.

At least we are getting some sick animations out of it, these are some straight up one punch man style impact frames:

Pejo

Yeah it feels a bit weird, they could've chosen a different element, but I guess they did it because this way it feels like she's channeling himeko, since she's been with kiana "in spirit" during every difficult thing she had to do so far.

At least we are getting some sick animations out of it, these are some straight up one punch man style impact frames:

Even that makes me mad because it's the one OP thing Himeko ever did in the story, now Kiana's stealing that shit too. I honestly am normally not a spaz about videogames in general but this has every single one of my almonds activated.

They should really come up with more interesting challenges than "You don't deal damage without shields, cooldowns take forever and you take continuous damage." Also, are they trolling by having Kazuha as one of the recommended characters for today's challenge? He's not even in the game yet.

Even that makes me mad because it's the one OP thing Himeko ever did in the story, now Kiana's stealing that shit too. I honestly am normally not a spaz about videogames in general but this has every single one of my almonds activated.
Heh I get it, I think this just confirms himeko's status and this is the only way they figured they could bring her "back".

Saber

Gold Member
One of those rare cases where I gave a positive feedback.
Which is strange since the feedback page was very detailed, with inclusion of pictures. I still gave them some pointers and the daily Xynian godamn feedback.

Pejo

Which is strange since the feedback page was very detailed, with inclusion of pictures. I still gave them some pointers and the daily Xynian godamn feedback.
I like to imagine that the intern at least looks at my "Buff Amber" feedback and laughs as he's right click -> Empty Recycle Bin.

Fuz

Banned
No questionnaire. I couldn't rant about the gacha this time. :messenger_crying:

BlackM1st

Banned
MADONNAPUTTANA.jpg

Not_this_shit_again.gif
Got 5200 on AR55.
5200 = Extreme + Everything is ON + No Time Limit. Towards the end whole arena was a fucking lava lol

Pejo

Maybe it's just been a long day, but I'm not feeling this boss challenge right now. I think it's the increased skill cooldown. Shit sucks and relegates you to just auto attack most of the time. I got 4800~ solo and called it a night. I'll probably just co-op this with my friends from now on.

BlackM1st

Banned
4900 today. Extreme + 300 sec limit + No Cryo debuffs + No Charge ATK debuffs. I'm not in the mood to chase it with Klee lmao.

+ I turned off lightning damage haha. Who would want to get 50% HP DMG after every ATK xD It's ridiculous lol Other than that, today's boss is way easier. But anyway, can't say that I'm enjoying this event. Boss rush events suck.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Maybe it's just been a long day, but I'm not feeling this boss challenge right now. I think it's the increased skill cooldown. Shit sucks and relegates you to just auto attack most of the time. I got 4800~ solo and called it a night. I'll probably just co-op this with my friends from now on.

Increasing cooldown is one of dumbest and laziest forms of challenges.
The whole point of having different characters is because of their kits. Lol, their entire propaganda resumes on showing the character kit and see if they created something to get the players attention, alongside the design. If the game had only auto attacks to play, the game would be a boring fest.

Last edited:

crumbs

These boss events do suck, plain and simple. They take bosses we've already fought many times before, slightly tweak their attack patterns and give the user a choice of debuffs. The rewards this time are also really weak (the namecard looks like an intern put it together on their lunch break), which seems to reflect the level effort put into this event.

Exentryk

I do appreciate that they've made getting the primos easy. Done my two 150 point default easy setting clears, lol.

I currently have around 2400 primos. I am at 70 pulls on Klee banner. I need 800 more primos for a 20 pull and a 50% chance at Klee. The banner has about 3 days left. If I can't get to 3200, then I'll just save the primos till a good banner appears. And since I've completed Liyue's quest line, there isn't much left to do anyway. So might be time to put the game down until Inazuma.

Last edited:
If you really want Klee, I'd just dump all your primos in that banner before it's gone. No reason not to. If you get a 5 star, great. If not you can save that progress anyway.

Pejo

It's alright. Still have 3 days for the banner. Going to go treasure chest hunting in the overworld. :D
If you want Klee, there's no reason to stop pulling now. If it were me, I'd do single pulls until you hit a 5* or run out of primos, but you're a madman to stop now (again, if you want Klee).

Saber

Gold Member
If he wasn't right at soft pity I'd agree, but Klee as a main (pyro) damage carry is worth way more than the 1-2 4* character he might get + Kaz.

If he was at 0 pulls towards pity, yes, Kaz banner would be better hands down.

More gardening news:

i71kme3kbk771.jpg

Well, I hope they intend to increase the load, because it can be quite though for already built houses.

crumbs

I think the original recommendation to pull on the Klee banner was due to Exentryk Exentryk lacking DPS and pyro characters, which Klee would remedy both issues. The current banner has some pretty useful 4 stars like Sucrose and Fischl.

With Exentryk being so close to a pity and limited on primos, I would still recommend the Klee banner. Kazuha banner has a couple of 4 star physical DMG carries and Bennett, but those doesn't really address the original needs.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Ladies and Gentlemen and all of Teyvat's residents - I am happy to announce that on my first 10 pull (80 pulls total), Klee has come home!!!

NxmLilB.jpg

Funny GIF
Jrpg GIF

Fuck yeah, man! Congrats, she can't be overestimated!

Coincidentally I also had some great Klee related news today lol After many months since her first banner I was finally able to build a full 4p Witch set ahaha Took me awhile, but... so worth it!

Fake

Congrats on the Klee. Just bare in mind that is a very different type of mage, her basic attacks don't follow the target, rather affected by gravity.

Klee is very strong, but need pratice as well. With time you'll get.

You can either use ATK or Elemental Master on her.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Yeah, looking forward to spending more time learning her. Not going to be able to play much till next weekend, so really happy that she came home today.

Going to have to tweak the team up a bit now. Think I'll get rid of Xiangling for a start and go with Klee, Fischl, Sucrose and Noelle. Barbara might also be decent in place of Noelle, so let's see.

Pejo

Yeah, looking forward to spending more time learning her. Not going to be able to play much till next weekend, so really happy that she came home today.

Going to have to tweak the team up a bit now. Think I'll get rid of Xiangling for a start and go with Klee, Fischl, Sucrose and Noelle. Barbara might also be decent in place of Noelle, so let's see.
Congrats on your pull, that new team sounds great for now. I watched a few videos that suggest that Sucrose's swirl shred is better than a water character for Klee since it's hard to consistently vaporize the hits you actually want to vaporize.

Man I haven't been feeling this game lately, dunno if it's burnout or what. I didn't even burn resin for the first time since I started. This new boss event is just a shitty time filler, I don't even know if I'm going to bother with the namecard this time.

Anyways,

crumbs

Congrats on your pull, that new team sounds great for now. I watched a few videos that suggest that Sucrose's swirl shred is better than a water character for Klee since it's hard to consistently vaporize the hits you actually want to vaporize.

Man I haven't been feeling this game lately, dunno if it's burnout or what. I didn't even burn resin for the first time since I started. This new boss event is just a shitty time filler, I don't even know if I'm going to bother with the namecard this time.

Anyways,

Getting a new area to explore only makes going back to filler content all the more disappointing.

Not sure if I would call it burnout or just lack of compelling content. I have another week on my welkin moon, so after that, I may check out until the next update.

Fuz

Banned
Yep, same. Can't bother to do anything more than dailies now.
And I hate these events, moreso because they don't have a party finder. If I find a friend to do it I might get to 20k. Otherwise I'll just get the primos.

Pejo

I like when they see something cool like Zelda or in this case Ghost of Tsushima, they just take it and add it.

Even the foxes will be in Inazuma, probably a lot of things from Ghost.
To be fair, China as a country doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about copyright laws. Honestly I don't hate that. Disney fucked up the laws in America so bad that they somehow hold copyright on stories/IPs that were public domain for hundreds of years.

BlackM1st

Banned
To be fair, China as a country doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about copyright laws. Honestly I don't hate that. Disney fucked up the laws in America so bad that they somehow hold copyright on stories/IPs that were public domain for hundreds of years.
Yesterday I found out that China is also a banned word in GI lol Government regulation or corporate dictatorship... we lose either way haha

Fuz

Banned
I'm totally for copyleft, I have zero sympathy for copyright laws and corps, and I wholeheartedly agree with you.

China government is still shit, though.

Saber

Gold Member

This worries me.
What if the new content end up being a dry experience? Could end up being another mass players quitting, myself included.

Pejo

This worries me.
What if the new content end up being a dry experience? Could end up being another mass players quitting, myself included.
It would at least get mhy to wake up and start investing some of those millions of dollars into meaningful content for the game.

Let's be real though, we know that that the exploration of Inazuma is going to be great. They've only released 2 explorable areas since the game launched, and they were both great. I feel like their team does really well with world building and exploration.

It's after the honeymoon period when we're back to farming leylines and artifacts every day, that's when they need something to change. Hopefully there's some sort of plan in place for then.

Some news making the waves, Ayaka getting some nerfs. Her basic attacks/charge attacks/etc getting a small % nerf and her C6 got completely reworked (lol). Also, some guy found the original texture set for her non-grannypanties textures, and there were other small alterations done with the current one.

Nothing earth shattering.

crumbs

Let's be real though, we know that that the exploration of Inazuma is going to be great. They've only released 2 explorable areas since the game launched, and they were both great. I feel like their team does really well with world building and exploration.

It's after the honeymoon period when we're back to farming leylines and artifacts every day, that's when they need something to change. Hopefully there's some sort of plan in place for then.
This is my concern as well. Once Inazuma releases, we'll probably have a couple weeks of story and exploration content to work through, which I'm looking forward to completing.

Once that's over, then what? Are we looking at a gap like "Release Date -> Dragonspine" for new explorable content? Or are we in for another "Dragonspine -> "Golden Apple Archipelago" +5 month filler period?

Top Bottom