• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
+5 month filler period
LOL, Naruto would be proud xD

Some news making the waves, Ayaka getting some nerfs. Her basic attacks/charge attacks/etc getting a small % nerf and her C6 got completely reworked (lol). Also, some guy found the original texture set for her non-grannypanties textures, and there were other small alterations done with the current one.

Nothing earth shattering.
Yeah, more like "Earth burying(?)". Why they hate Ayaka so much?
south park kenny GIF

You bastards!

Exentryk

Since the next banner has all 4 characters which I don't have, and since Bennet seems really useful, I might do a few pulls on the next banner. Probably won't have enough Primos though, as the next new source is going to be Inazuma.

Fake

Since the next banner has all 4 characters which I don't have, and since Bennet seems really useful, I might do a few pulls on the next banner. Probably won't have enough Primos though, as the next new source is going to be Inazuma.

Who knows. Never asked for Xiao in this banner, but he come from the first wish. Now I play with him most of the time.

BlackM1st

Banned
Using Kazuha:

Hypeee!!!!

Wow, anemo traveler got him/herself a new competitor! Battle of titans, who would win and become a runner up to Sucrose?!

LMAO, seriously, to whom Kazuha is aimed at? xD

Like my friend said : "how is he a 5☆ ?"

Fake

That video is so sad... "Kazuha can use his abilities and then switch off asap so other characters can actually be on the field and do damage!" Wow, what an exciting character! Nevere before seen mechanics! I'm gonna pull for C6 for sure!

Well, its an option. Chongyu is a better example. I can trade for another char while he use his elemental skill or keep him.

Will be depends of the sittuation I guess.

crumbs

The devs basically designed anemo to be a support element, so 5 star anemo characters need to bring some unique skills to game, otherwise you can just use Sucrose for swirl elemental debuffs. Venti has his OP crowd control mechanic and Jean is well-rounded with her CC, healing, and cleansing abilities. Kazuha appears to have limited CC abilities and enhanced mobility, but that doesn't really scream "5 star" to me.

Fake

This new quest was OK, but is really hyping the new country. And the shogun is a bad girl. Traveler will get trouble there.

Pejo

Gold Member
Eula physical build

Snow-Tomed Starsilver R1 or Prototype Archaic R1?

Diluc has my only wolfgrave.
BP greatsword > Starsilver > Anything else 4*

She really wants her signature 5*, or what I use is my Skyward Pride I got from standard banner at the start of the game.

Fuz

Banned
Got Benny C1 and Rosaria C5 (Raz has been C6 for a while). Maybe I'll do some more pulls for them. This banner is gold.

crumbs

Speaking of character constellations, I've finally have couple of characters hitting C6, including Bennett (his C6 is a whole other issue). With Bennett on the Kazuha banner, I realized that I didn't know what happens when you pull another dupe of a C6 character. Looking it up and I think this will become an increasing source of pain as more non-whale players start maxing out constellations on their 4 stars.

Maxing a 4 star gets you 5 masterless starglitter (vs 2 for a normal dupe on a character without a complete constellation)
Maxing a 5 star gets you 25 masterless starglitter (vs 10, I guess whales have been dealing with these issues for awhile, lol)

So for a 4 star, you basically get enough for a single wish, even though it takes 10 wishes to hit the 4 star pity. So you spend 10 wishes, get C7 Barbara + 9 3-star weapons for hitting your 4 star pity. You buy another wish, which will likely be another 3-star weapon :messenger_expressionless: . Maybe they assume long time players just don't give sh*t about 4 star characters, but that seems like a lame reward. Feels like it would make more sense to just take a character out of the gacha rotation once you maxed them out.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
So for a 4 star, you basically get enough for a single wish, even though it takes 10 wishes to hit the 4 star pity. So you spend 10 wishes, get C7 Barbara + 9 3-star weapons for hitting your 4 star pity. You buy another wish wish, which will likely be another 3-star weapon :messenger_expressionless: .
Yeah it sucks, but at least it's progress towards another 5 star.

deanote666

Gold Member
Probably the Starsilver since it scales on physical damage, plus Eula could reliably process the passive icicle's extra damage on cyro infused enemies.
Thanks
BP greatsword > Starsilver > Anything else 4*

She really wants her signature 5*, or what I use is my Skyward Pride I got from standard banner at the start of the game.

I do have Skyward Pride. Does the higher Str that comes with a 5* weapon out way the benefits of the Starsilver's physical bonus?

Pejo

Gold Member
Thanks

I do have Skyward Pride. Does the higher Str that comes with a 5* weapon out way the benefits of the Starsilver's physical bonus?
Yea and ER is actually a great stat on her because of her huge AoE burst damage that comes with her Elemental Burst. If the wind blades from Skyward Pride counted towards her Burst stacks, I have no doubt it'd be BiS for her. Unfortunately it doesn't, but it IS counted as physical damage, so if you have superconduct or other physical shreds/buffs, those extra hits get a damage boost too.

Ruh Roh. Looks like Ayaka's burst gets stuck on ledges. Surely this will be fixed before she leaves beta though.

qy8wnelsx8871.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Ruh Roh. Looks like Ayaka's burst gets stuck on ledges. Surely this will be fixed before she leaves beta though.
What the fuck is going on. Why they hate her so much. Can't let standard banner hero be better than limited ones or what?

crumbs

Yea and ER is actually a great stat on her because of her huge AoE burst damage that comes with her Elemental Burst. If the wind blades from Skyward Pride counted towards her Burst stacks, I have no doubt it'd be BiS for her. Unfortunately it doesn't, but it IS counted as physical damage, so if you have superconduct or other physical shreds/buffs, those extra hits get a damage boost too.

qy8wnelsx8871.jpg
This floor issue/bug has been around for a while and can be found in most domains.

If you're using a bow character and are aiming/charging a shot, the game will treat the edge of the circle as a barrier. You can't move past until you're not aiming.

Really strange bug that hopefully be fixed now that it effects a high profile character.

Pejo

Gold Member
Kaz is actually kinda fun in his trial. Still doesn't bring anything new to the game, but his moves are fun. I'm still unsure if I want to test the waters of the banner to try to get some Rosaria constellations or not. As long as I'm building pity it doesn't really matter which banner I do it on, just gotta be careful to stop before 70 so I can (hopefully) stick with my Yoimiya C1 plans. I did some math the other day and as long she's the 2nd Inazuma banner, with welkin + BP plus whatever misc world primos we get from chests and quests, I should have enough to get her C1 no problem as long as I don't lose 2 50/50s in a row.

LOLCats

Banned
Have they said the kazuha ascension mats will be available post 1.6?

I fucking pulled him but realize i need all these blue mushrooms fuuuuuuuuck.

edit from a gamerant article:

It should be noted that miHoYo has addressed the concerns of many fans by stating that all of the newly added materials available in the Golden Apple Archipelago will still be available after the region is no longer accessible.

Last edited:

crumbs

Kaz is actually kinda fun in his trial. Still doesn't bring anything new to the game, but his moves are fun. I'm still unsure if I want to test the waters of the banner to try to get some Rosaria constellations or not. As long as I'm building pity it doesn't really matter which banner I do it on, just gotta be careful to stop before 70 so I can (hopefully) stick with my Yoimiya C1 plans. I did some math the other day and as long she's the 2nd Inazuma banner, with welkin + BP plus whatever misc world primos we get from chests and quests, I should have enough to get her C1 no problem as long as I don't lose 2 50/50s in a row.
Not surprised at this point that they set Kazuha up with a 4 piece 5-star VV artifact set and a 5-star sword, but giving him Barbara as the other teammate was odd. This is a scenario where a more customizable trial system would be appreciated. It would be helpful to test potential new characters with your existing team, and to have them using a weapon and artifact set that's more realistic.

LOLCats

Banned
Not surprised at this point that they set Kazuha up with a 4 piece 5-star VV artifact set and a 5-star sword, but giving him Barbara as the other teammate was odd. This is a scenario where a more customizable trial system would be appreciated. It would be helpful to test potential new characters with your existing team, and to have them using a weapon and artifact set that's more realistic.
Trial system that offers you to build the team with your characters would be rad right.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Trial system that offers you to build the team with your characters would be rad right.
I keep adding this in my feedback surveys as a "room" for the teapot. A full training dummy suite where we can set specific enemies with different terrain effects etc, then use our own teams to practice until our heart's content. I'd love to spawn a room of 20 basic hilichurls with 400% extra HP just to wail on to relieve stress.

*edit*

Whew, just ran through the first 5 event bosses with my friends tonight. That Oceanid is straight up bullshit if you don't pick Ganyu. It's insane how much easier it was with her compared to without. I wasn't really looking at the effects I was picking for the difficulty settings, and it turns out that it was a bad idea for the samurai dudes. I selected the one where they revived each other. No bueno. Had to go out and reselect a few lol.

Anyways, after the first 5, we're like 200 points short of the namecard, so we're going to just coast on the last two as they open. I really disliked this event, which is weird. I really liked the Hypostasis event and for all intents and purposes it was the same kind of event. I think the debuffs they offered this time were too shitty though. Increased skill cooldown alone is enough to be total bullshit and make it incredibly unfun. Couple that with the neverending "take more damage" after breathing or whatever, combined with "you get 50% less attack for getting hit" shit, it's just not fun. They could easily make these things challenging but not so damn shitty for the players. Like imagine if they had a Geovishap boss that's weak to plunge attacks, but then you could pick a buff to put Albedo elevators all over the arena at random. That would actually be fun.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
That Oceanid is straight up bullshit if you don't pick Ganyu. It's insane how much easier it was with her compared to without.
Yeah, just like 90% of content in game bwahahah.

The oceanid is a pushover. The only "problem" I encountered is those pesky self healing enemies she spawned at the very beginning. They basically prevented me from getting a max score (excluding self DMG after Crit DMG).

Still, already got the name card which I'll never use. Looks like I'll be able to get all the rewards this time around.

But who's counting or even care? Event is lazy, boring and cheap, it requires you to use only broken heroes and hope that artifacts Gods were smiling to you in previous months lol

BlackM1st

Banned
5000 on the last samurai trio. 29100 in total with 1 boss left. So excited, these 8 crystals and 20k of mora is so... not worth it xD

Fuz

Banned
Kinda ironic that a Chinese company is depicting (not)Japan as a ruthless dictatorship, while (not)China is the land of freedom.
I'm referring to Atsuko dialogue in Lyiue.

Niccccce.jpg
8M2sz8D.gif

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Kinda ironic that a Chinese company is depicting (not)Japan as a ruthless dictatorship, while (not)China is the land of freedom.
I'm referring to Atsuko dialogue in Lyiue.
It's ironic, sure, but it's also not without a historical precedents. Japanese history and culture is both ancient and brutal.

Both in old times and in our era. Only Atomic bombardment turned them into more of a peace loving(?) nation.

Think about Beidou's Alcor as the "Enola Gay" equivalent and about your Geo Lord as your personal "Little Boy" that you'll drop on Baal.

H3O9LoB.jpg

I'm definitely gonna do it xD

Fake

Q: Will it be possible to choose our Daily Commissions or choose their region (Mondstand/Liyue) the day before? All I get is "A Small Step for Hilichurls" or other "Hilichurl Ballads." I could use a break from them.

A: In the next version, we will be adding a feature which will allow Travelers to choose their Daily Commission region. Travelers will be able to choose their preferred region, such as: Mondstadt, Liyue, etc. Once a region is chosen, Daily Commissions will be concentrated there the next day after refreshing.

Top Bottom