• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Hopefully they add a decent number of new commissions with Inazuma, but I have a feeling we'll still see a lot of "Pudgy Pyrotechnicians" and "Spreading Evil" quests.

Pejo

Gold Member
I read that a while ago. I'm a day 1 player and I STILL haven't gotten that daily that I need to finish the 14th quest in Mondstadt. The Fatui one. Insanity.

Fuz

Banned
I've got it once when I first started but it bugged and didn't gave me the follow up. Never seen it again.

The problem with this new system is that if you choose Mondstandt hoping to see that single quest pop (which might never will), you're gonna lose all the other new achievement related quests in Inazuma.
So, yeah, another shitty system from shitty mihoyo.

Last edited:

crumbs

I got that Fatui in the church quest for the 2nd time last week. Apparently you need to do it 3 times (asking a different question each time) for the achievement. Looking through the commissions online, I realized that I never received the commission that allows you to cure that sick girl by the Mondstadt fountain or the commissions for the Fatui guys near the canyon in Mondstadt as well. I also only received the Glory & Godwin commission once during my first week of dailies and have not had it since.

The RNG on commissions doesn't make much sense. I continue to get commissions in repeating waves. For example, I've had the "Emergency" commission with a Ruin Guard at the Guyun Stone Forest location 7-8 times the over the last 2 weeks, but rarely had it before. Back in May, I had the 2 Ella Musk commissions pop up multiple times a week for several weeks, but I never had them before and haven't had them since. I understand that commissions have different drop rates, but seems like some get a "rate up" during certain periods.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

RNG is the most lazy way of making random things happen. Pokemon Company use this like for a decade.

Thats why people can spend 3 years in this game and never make that commission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
I got that Fatui in the church quest for the 2nd time last week. Apparently you need to do it 3 times (asking a different question each time) for the achievement. Looking through the commissions online, I realized that I never received the commission that allow you to cure that sick girl by the Mondstadt fountain and you can do commissions for the Fatui guys near the canyon in Mondstadt as well. I also only received the Glory & Godwin commission once during my first week of dailies and have not had it since.

The RNG on commissions doesn't make much sense. I continue to get commissions in repeating waves. For example, I've had the "Emergency" commission with a Ruin Guard at the Guyun Stone Forest location 7-8 times the over the last 2 weeks, but rarely had it before. Back in May, I had the 2 Ella Musk commissions pop up multiple times a week for several weeks, but I never had them before and haven't had them since. I understand that commissions have different drop rates, but seems like some get a "rate up" during certain periods.
Yeah, based on my experience, they go by streaks.
I always have repeated ones for a while, then it changes to something else that gets repeated etc.

LOLCats

Banned
I got that Fatui in the church quest for the 2nd time last week. Apparently you need to do it 3 times (asking a different question each time) for the achievement. Looking through the commissions online, I realized that I never received the commission that allows you to cure that sick girl by the Mondstadt fountain or the commissions for the Fatui guys near the canyon in Mondstadt as well. I also only received the Glory & Godwin commission once during my first week of dailies and have not had it since.

bro i delivered so much tofu to that sick girl lol.

Fuz

Banned
bro i delivered so much tofu to that sick girl lol.
8YXwbc4.jpeg

Pejo

Gold Member

The thing that aggrivates me to no end is that you can actually move backwards in comission progression. The Unseen Razor one and the one about the Treasure Hoarder lady. I got further along in both, and then weeks later got comissions for the first part of the quests for both of them in the same week. Why is there not a flag that just indicates "yes I've gotten this quest, make the older ones unavailable"? It's stupid.

Saber

Gold Member

This gonna be my six day straight doing comission for that annoying little brat Ella. Let's see if tomorrow she continued the streak.

crumbs

The thing that aggrivates me to no end is that you can actually move backwards in comission progression. The Unseen Razor one and the one about the Treasure Hoarder lady. I got further along in both, and then weeks later got comissions for the first part of the quests for both of them in the same week. Why is there not a flag that just indicates "yes I've gotten this quest, make the older ones unavailable"? It's stupid.
Yeah, that sucks. Some of the continuing commissions just sorta end and then restart without much fanfare.

Now I barely ready the text accompanying the commission. It's like "Am I killing some fool & his friends or delivering food? Just get to the point."

Fake

I think you should be able to select specific ones with those fucking quest keys that are 90% useless.

Rotation 'was' a solution. Is not anymore. Almost one year of game and 40% playerbase has gone, so I hope they get the picture.

Exentryk

Did a 10 pull on the Kazuha banner and got a single Sucrose. I think the game is trying to tell me something lol.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah I have her at C2 now and she is part of my main team. I was just saying that the game is saying to not bother with Kazuha and just use Sucrose lol.
I was reading earlier that Kaz has a bug right now where if he swirls 2 or more elements in the same skill, he takes massive damage. All this beta testing and something that big gets by...

Anyways, I did the story quest tonight, lots of interesting questions brought up about Archons and how they pick vision holders. It's one of my biggest questions personally lore-wise, so I'm glad it's being asked. The tournament was a farce, I would have liked to have an actual challenge there. Anyways, it's a good setup for Inazuma. Lots of foreshadowing and a mini lore dump about Raiden and the country. Bring on 2.0.

Oh wait, I still have 8 weeks of this patch?

Fuck.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Yeah I have her at C2 now and she is part of my main team. I was just saying that the game is saying to not bother with Kazuha and just use Sucrose lol.
I'd keep pulling on that banner tbh. You can really use anything from it.
The tournament was a farce, I would have liked to have an actual challenge there.
Yeah, super bummed. I'd love a good Tenkaichi.
One-on-one battles with characters could work nicely.

Big guy who doesn't care about vision it's the new best in-game character tbh. LEMME PULL HIM MIHOYO.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Kazuha is interesting to play. And because I neither have Venti, Jean or Xiao he also brings something interesting to my team.

Also, I can now get an Ameno character in both my abyss teams. I do have the traveler, but unlike geo, she feels lackluster on ameno.

Good that he does not need the same stuff as everybody else. The books he uses I have a ton.

Fake

Traveler is good with non Boss chars, thats explain why the others anemo chars looks more strong than him.

Kazuha is a really offensive support. IMO they just need to rework the way two anemo users buff work.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Has a start to a second half of a patch ever been this...dead before? I'm shocked that they didn't have more than a story quest for this. At least they could have tossed us a double leylines event or something. Holy shit.

LOLCats

Banned
Read an article that says the anniversary will have "lots of free primos". Also maybe 5 new characters for the next release. There better be a massive new map to explore.

LOLCats

Banned

Kazuha is a really offensive support. IMO they just need to rework the way two anemo users buff work.
Melee sucrose. I dont have xiao so Kazuha is fun to mess around with. he definately stays on the field longer than sucrose.

Pejo

Gold Member
Read an article that says the anniversary will have "lots of free primos". Also maybe 5 new characters for the next release. There better be a massive new map to explore.
I doubt even MHY has all of the details about the anniversary decided yet. I would guess these leakers are just vying for attention about it. It's not until what, October/November sometime?

LOLCats

Banned
I doubt even MHY has all of the details about the anniversary decided yet. I would guess these leakers are just vying for attention about it. It's not until what, October/November sometime?
Right, could be garbage, sep 28th i think was the release.

Pejo

Gold Member

For those of you dying for a chance to get that Googol furniture.

Fuz

Banned
If the anniversary won't have a free 5* selector I think I'll be out.

Top Bottom