• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Did another 10 pull and got Rosaria. She seems decent. Not sure how to fit her in the team though.
I haven't used Rosaria much after pulling her on her original banner, so take any advice I give with a grain of salt. Plus I don't remember which characters you have on your roster.

I guess you could put her on a Razor team for superconduct reactions, which would benefit him as physical damage character. You could also build Rosaria for physical damage by giving her a physical damage goblet (and maybe a 2 piece blood stained or pale flame artifact set), use the craftable crescent pike or the dragonspire spear, and add another cryo member (prefer Diona for shields/healing, but Kaeya could also work) to the team for the crit bonus from elemental resonance. I'd add Fischl and you'd have a team to constantly process superconduct with two physical damage characters available that could take advantage. Plus you could avoid getting tired of playing Razor and just mashing the attacking button all time.

Another way to build her would be as burst support, so giving her a energy recharge and cyro damage artifacts and maybe a 2 piece noblesse/ 2 piece blizzard artifact set. The protoype star glitter spear has ER as its substat as well. This is how a lot of folks build their Chongyun, so this setup could be redundant if you already have him built for burst support.

Fuz

Banned
I just matched with the most handicapped tennis player ever.

He didn't hit a single ball. Was, like, running behind them like his brain was lagging, until at some point he just gave up and stood in the middle occasionally pressing the swing button. It was hilarious.

Exentryk

I haven't used Rosaria much after pulling her on her original banner, so take any advice I give with a grain of salt. Plus I don't remember which characters you have on your roster.

I guess you could put her on a Razor team for superconduct reactions, which would benefit him as physical damage character. You could also build Rosaria for physical damage by giving her a physical damage goblet (and maybe a 2 piece blood stained or pale flame artifact set), use the craftable crescent pike or the dragonspire spear, and add another cryo member (prefer Diona for shields/healing, but Kaeya could also work) to the team for the crit bonus from elemental resonance. I'd add Fischl and you'd have a team to constantly process superconduct with two physical damage characters available that could take advantage. Plus you could avoid getting tired of playing Razor and just mashing the attacking button all time.

Another way to build her would be as burst support, so giving her a energy recharge and cyro damage artifacts and maybe a 2 piece noblesse/ 2 piece blizzard artifact set. The protoype star glitter spear has ER as its substat as well. This is how a lot of folks build their Chongyun, so this setup could be redundant if you already have him built for burst support.
I don't have Razor or Diona, and also don't have any of those artifact sets. I'm currently AR39 and have been advised to avoid farming artifacts until AR45.

I don't necessarily have to use Rosario as my current party of Klee, Fischl, Sucrose and Noelle is working great. But I know melt hall can deal higher damage, so was thinking of how I could capitalise there. Think My team would improve by replacing Noelle with Diona. Hopefully I can get her.

Btw, the wait for Inazuma patch is going to be a long one as I've finished other content. :(

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Klee, Fischl, Sucrose and Noelle
Drop Fish. Use Rosaria with Klee. Fish is hilarious and very cool character, but Klee kinda struggles with constantly flying away enemies lol Use Rosaria as a setup hero, use her ULT as described in here:

would be as burst support, so giving her a energy recharge and cyro damage artifacts and maybe a 2 piece noblesse/ 2 piece blizzard artifact set. The protoype star glitter spear has ER as its substat as well.
... and melt away.

Diona can work too, she's considered a better support than Noelle. Thing is, Diona is just a support , while Noelle is an easy to build and use DPS trump card that can do everything at once.

crumbs

I don't have Razor or Diona, and also don't have any of those artifact sets. I'm currently AR39 and have been advised to avoid farming artifacts until AR45.

I don't necessarily have to use Rosario as my current party of Klee, Fischl, Sucrose and Noelle is working great. But I know melt hall can deal higher damage, so was thinking of how I could capitalise there. Think My team would improve by replacing Noelle with Diona. Hopefully I can get her.

Btw, the wait for Inazuma patch is going to be a long one as I've finished other content. :(
Understood. The advice to avoid farming artifacts at sub-AR45 is sound, but you want to try completing some domains (at a level appropriate to your AR rank and party level) just to grab a some artifacts to complete the 2 or 4 piece sets for the bonuses, but without the investment of leveling them up. So for Rosaria, you can still grab a couple pieces from the Blizzard Strayer for the 2 piece bonus (without worry about farming for substats and all that) and pair them with 2 piece Berserker, which is a pretty good 4 star-max set you should get from bosses at your AR rank.

Fake

I tried the final challenge and noted that both the Maguu and the Geo get a HP buff in this last challenge (both have more HP than their solo version), so I not wasting my time with their hidden buffs behind the scenes.

Put on easy and get my primo. Can't wait for give my feedback this game. They're really asking for.

Melee sucrose. I dont have xiao so Kazuha is fun to mess around with. he definately stays on the field longer than sucrose.

Are they nerfed Sucrose and Kazuha talents for not work in conjuction? The elemental transfer thing.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Ooook, now the Geovishaps in Abyss 12 are resetting too. They've done it twice and at that point I've got the fuck out of that shit.

Pejo

Gold Member
Well they took the absolute lowest effort path for gardening, but at least it's something I guess.

*edit* wow that was fast, they took down the video.

Last edited:

Fake

It just showed buying the gardening plots from the teahouse, then you place them, then you plant seeds and it says "ok wait 3 days for your plants" and that's it. Absolute lowest effort possible.

Remind me that horrible Orkut gardening games.

BlackM1st

Banned
It just showed buying the gardening plots from the teahouse, then you place them, then you plant seeds and it says "ok wait 3 days for your plants" and that's it. Absolute lowest effort possible.
Did you wanted to plow 'em with Geo Lord, watering with Mona and harvesting with Sucrose? xD Sometimes simple things are better to stay simple. I have absolutely no desire to worry about gardening in GI. Simple resource gathering is good when you already have so many systems in 1 game.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Did you wanted to plow 'em with Geo Lord, watering with Mona and harvesting with Sucrose? xD Sometimes simple things are better to stay simple. I have absolutely no desire to worry about gardening in GI. Simple resource gathering is good when you already have so many systems in 1 game.

Genshin Impact attend to a huge part of different players, so maybe what is not for you is for someone else. I'm not so into the teapot myself, but those Animal Crossing players like to have those things. To be honest, simple vegetables like potato and carrot should be easy to gather in this game since day one.

I hate meta game, but thats not mean this need to be removed or something.

Pejo

Gold Member
That actually would be kinda cool. You get a chance at % success or double yield or something if you remember to water/plow the ground etc. That would be more fun than just dump it and time gate, the default MHY go-to.

Pejo

Gold Member
The next banner will be Xiao or already into the next country?
Next banner is likely Ayaka, followed by Yoimiya. reruns for Liyue probably won't happen until that Liyue harvest festival, when we'll probably get Xiao/Ganyu reruns.

BlackM1st

Banned
Genshin Impact attend to a huge part of different players, so maybe what is not for you is for someone else. I'm not so into the teapot myself, but those Animal Crossing players like to have those things. To be honest, simple vegetables like potato and carrot should be easy to gather in this game since day one.

I hate meta game, but thats not mean this need to be removed or something.
That actually would be kinda cool. You get a chance at % success or double yield or something if you remember to water/plow the ground etc. That would be more fun than just dump it and time gate, the default MHY go-to.
You hate on timers and time gates. But want even more shit on top of them, hah.

Ok, alright, I admit, I don't love to suffer as much as you guys xD

Saber

This volleyball event is so cool.

Started a coop. I pick one side and other player the other one, but the guy throw himself at the balls without even trying to hit them. I notice that and try to hit the balls myself, only to him to outrun me so the balls could hit him. At the middle of the event, he just quited and I got a low score out of it.

Lupingosei

Banned
Rosaria is a great support and a fantastic battery for Eula. I have her on C4 now. I hope I will get her to C5, which would make her even stronger support for the party.

Finally jumped back into this game after a few months of being away. I got tired/bored of the minigames they kept throwing at us to keep us entertained until Inazuma releases. But I recently heard that they added an island archipelago so I booted it back up and it's been nice having a new area to explore. But I'm almost done with it and now I'm dipping my toes into the Serenitea Pot. How do I get more potions to speed-up construction? I see a few rank-ups give them as a reward, but there has to be an alternative source right?

Also, I read that buying 5 Welkins was the most efficient way to buy Jean's outfit (I run around with her 99% of the time so I needed it, okay?!) so I did it... and now I'm stuck logging into this game for 179 more days. Fuck my life. At least it'll overlap with the Inazuma release and I'll have a shit ton of Primos by the end of it lol

BlackM1st

Banned
, I read that buying 5 Welkins was the most efficient way to buy Jean's outfit (I run around with her 99% of the time so I needed it, okay?!) so I did it... and now I'm stuck logging into this game for 179 more days. Fuck my life. At least it'll overlap with the Inazuma release and I'll have a shit ton of Primos by the end of it lol
Lmao

How do I get more potions to speed-up construction? I see a few rank-ups give them as a reward, but there has to be an alternative source right?
Buy them directly from your bird, they restock every day.

Fake

Next banner is likely Ayaka, followed by Yoimiya. reruns for Liyue probably won't happen until that Liyue harvest festival, when we'll probably get Xiao/Ganyu reruns.

Maybe I try getting Ayaka and the ninja girl next.

Saber

Didn't the leak said that Ayaka will be like Jean and Diluc having no specific banner?

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Didn't the leak said that Ayaka will be like Jean and Diluc having no specific banner?
Ayaka is one of the most anticipated characters. I doubt they would miss the opportunity to give her her own banner. If they just dumped her in the standard rotation of 5 stars, that'd be straight up sadistic.

Pejo

Gold Member
Nah it said that she would have her banner and then might get dumped into standard banner afterwards. Then again it also said that Keqing would leave standard banner and be replaced by Albedo, so who knows.

Lupingosei

Banned
This new special event is weird.

Do stuff inside the game to get paint for an event outside the game to get rewards inside the game.

Pejo

Gold Member
Any of you guys having problems with Maguu Kenki that you drop an elemental Burst and he just ignores the damage despite the numbers showing up? I've tested it like 6 times now and use the ultimate in various different phases of the fight. I'm using Eula but I noticed it happened with any of the big hitters like Diluc or Childe too. The hits register and pop up numbers, but his health bar just doesn't move at all.

BlackM1st

Banned
Any of you guys having problems with Maguu Kenki that you drop an elemental Burst and he just ignores the damage despite the numbers showing up? I've tested it like 6 times now and use the ultimate in various different phases of the fight. I'm using Eula but I noticed it happened with any of the big hitters like Diluc or Childe too. The hits register and pop up numbers, but his health bar just doesn't move at all.
Maybe you have a small number...%)

BTW, speaking about the numbers. How's your OLED is doing? Any UID burn in or something like that?

Pejo

Gold Member
Maybe you have a small number...%)

BTW, speaking about the numbers. How's your OLED is doing? Any UID burn in or something like that?
Eula's phys splash does between 100-250k damage so it's very noticeable with her, that's how I originally noticed it. Usually before the Kazuha part of the patch, her Ult just deleted his HP pool. Now not only does it not do anything, the following 5-6 hits do nothing either.

OLED is great, not a single burn-in issue. I keep checking on a whitescreen after longer sessions, like when the islands exploration stuff opened up. I still wish they'd let us customize UI or at least get rid of our fucking UIDs in the bottom right corner though.

BlackM1st

Banned
before the Kazuha part of the patch, her Ult just deleted his HP pool. Now not only does it not do anything, the following 5-6 hits do nothing either.
Well, your EULA is avenged, she got here vengeance because Kaz's banner TANKED lower than Tart's rerun lmao. I really hope that Inazuma brings excitement back. Plus, some bug fixes...

OLED is great, not a single burn-in issue.
Glad for you man. Enjoy.

I still wish they'd let us customize UI or at least get rid of our fucking UIDs in the bottom right corner though.
Seriously. This is so fucked up...

Saber

My problem was at the Abysm Spiral, when enemies were be hitting by my skills snd attacks but receive no damage at all(visually looks like an invisible barrier).

Pejo

Gold Member
My problem was at the Abysm Spiral, when enemies were be hitting by my skills snd attacks but receive no damage at all(visually looks like an invisible barrier).
Wonder if there's some server side thing happening. Could be related to the Geovishap resets that Fuz Fuz is experiencing.

Saber

Looks like Kaede came to me in my last attempt on this banner.
Off to train him and make myself poor again.

Pejo

Gold Member
Full Inazuma map with the names in English. I sure hope this is bigger than it looks because man, I dunno if this is going to hold my attention for the next 6-8 months.

3cqg481z88971.jpg

Fake

Yeah, hope is bigger, but they could increase with time. If I remember right, the shogun put storms around Inazuma, so they would implement more islands on porpuse.

Fuz

Banned
Looks like Kaede came to me in my last attempt on this banner.
Off to train him and make myself poor again.
He's super fun to play (anemo characters are the most fun in the game), and I'm reading that he's actually extremely strong in certain comps.

Nah. It's just Kaz is a self proclaimed poet. I hope this poetry will go away together with him xD
Go away. You like to play with children.

Full Inazuma map with the names in English. I sure hope this is bigger than it looks because man, I dunno if this is going to hold my attention for the next 6-8 months.

3cqg481z88971.jpg
I just need a boat.

Anyway, remember there are one or two undersea palaces.

Top Bottom