• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

I finally beat that level 60 challenge with the 2 land robots and the flying one in Liyue. My level 80 Razor died twice and I ended up finishing the fight swapping back and forth between Barbara and Lisa, but I did it. That fight was so dis-proportionally difficult compared to all the others just because of constant missile/spinning spam. The turning point was nailing that flying one when it climbs high in the sky and starts dropping mortars. If you hit it in the "eye" it drops and goes inactive for a few minutes which was long enough for me to take out one of the ground robots. Glad I don't have to do that one again.

Ah yes, the Room of Cancer. It was hilarious seeing the people in my FFXIV FC who were ahead of me in progression on this game ranting and cussing about this one. This one is ridiculous because the Ruin Hunter is busy bombing you while the 2 Guards are doing their death spins and you have nowhere safe to dodge to.

I was able to do this one mostly "on level", only Fischl was 70 and Mona, Xiangling, and Qiqi were 60. Having the strongest healer in the game and the ability to freeze the Guards at will was pretty much what carried me through it. That was even more annoying than the fight against 4 Guards at once you can encounter in the open world.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ah yes, the Room of Cancer. It was hilarious seeing the people in my FFXIV FC who were ahead of me in progression on this game ranting and cussing about this one. This one is ridiculous because the Ruin Hunter is busy bombing you while the 2 Guards are doing their death spins and you have nowhere safe to dodge to.

I was able to do this one mostly "on level", only Fischl was 70 and Mona, Xiangling, and Qiqi were 60. Having the strongest healer in the game and the ability to freeze the Guards at will was pretty much what carried me through it. That was even more annoying than the fight against 4 Guards at once you can encounter in the open world.
Funny enough my first 5* was Qiqi and I didn't even think to use her here. I feel kinda stupid now in retrospect.

MagnesG

Banned
That was even more annoying than the fight against 4 Guards at once you can encounter in the open world
Actually I get annoyed more by the quad guardians fight. If you're out of stamina when the fight is on you're basically fucked, which you'll do once you start dodging all of their missiles, lunges and death loop swings.

Then again I've always went there without some proper planning just for the thrill of it.

Also how is the abyss progress going with you guys? BP missions are gonna reset soon and finishing 8-3 abyss is one of them. Now I'm stuck on the agents crit floor of 7 btw, I need a proper 2nd team and I'm still prepping on it.

Pejo

Here's a treat for you guys. Emergency Food's Chinese VA whaling for Klee. This girl also being a Vtuber is amusing in it's own way.

Goddamn it's amazing how fast you can burn through money in this game. Those were the $99 USD packs she was buying for 648~ Yen. I gotta admit, I was happy she finally got that damn sword so she would stop.

I was only able to beat that guardian challenge because the flying one bugged out in the corner while I fought the other two. Enemies resetting and losing aggro happens pretty often for me. Anyone else seeing the same in their game?

MagnesG

Banned
This game. Because I don't have Qiqi I'm basically fucked for floor 7 abyss, and with the gacha rate being shit I'm not gonna get her anytime soon. Brute forcing my stats on those agents is not an option either.

Fuck all of this.

crumbs

I was only able to beat that guardian challenge because the flying one bugged out in the corner while I fought the other two. Enemies resetting and losing aggro happens pretty often for me. Anyone else seeing the same in their game?

Yes, I've seen this a fair amount and have submitted feedback on the encounters with this issue. It seems like they have a predetermined area for the enemy AI to fight in, but sometimes that area is way too small.

I've also had issues with a couple of abyss mage fights in Liyue where right as you finish them off, they immediately respawn (with full health & shield) and don't drop anything.

Fake

The format for that reddit media post is hilarious. Some text at the top and just a shit ton of blank space.

I was unaware people were even having problems with the balloon quests until I read people complaining about it today. Razor can usually take it out by the 2nd checkpoint dot with no issues. I would suspect just like ore and structures, you probably want to use a claymore user, and I could see how it'd be a problem if you don't have one leveled I guess.

I always have more problems with the "protect the balloon" quests, specifically those sniper towers with the archers on top and no way to climb them. I have to depend on my Amber to headshot them off the tower so I can actually kill them, and sometimes it gets hectic.

Because is depends about your char you have, the char level, AR, the monster they put on the way and the place.

I remember trying to beat the ballon comission into a river with plenty of Ice mages and Ice achers. Quite annoying getting frozen everytime.

Pejo

Because is depends about your char you have, the char level, AR, the monster they put on the way and the place.

I remember trying to beat the ballon comission into a river with plenty of Ice mages and Ice achers. Quite annoying getting frozen everytime.
Fair enough. I think I'm spoiled with Razor because i can just pop his Burst and go ungabunga on the balloon while spamming dash for animation cancels and melt the thing. Next time I'll try it with a different character, it'll probably be harder.

God damn I dread farming the water boss in WL5. My Barbara's been stuck at lvl 60 for like a week now because I hate fighting that boss so much. I didn't realize until WL5 that the pigs can heal themselves if you don't constantly attack them. It's even more annoying when they run out of reach after the platforms drop and slowly walk back and full heal themselves.

Fake

Fair enough. I think I'm spoiled with Razor because i can just pop his Burst and go ungabunga on the balloon while spamming dash for animation cancels and melt the thing. Next time I'll try it with a different character, it'll probably be harder.

God damn I dread farming the water boss in WL5. My Barbara's been stuck at lvl 60 for like a week now because I hate fighting that boss so much. I didn't realize until WL5 that the pigs can heal themselves if you don't constantly attack them. It's even more annoying when they run out of reach after the platforms drop and slowly walk back and full heal themselves.

Its not a hard comission, but needs some work. You can't even make an elemental reaction on the ballons.

About that boss, you really need to use electro because they're no joke. The Squirel is the worst of the bunch because they really heal very quick.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Think I'm done with this game, it's been fun until it wasn't.

Around 75 hours played, $15 spent so I feel like it was a good value (daily pass + battle pass). However, I'm stuck on a mission that I think might be legitimately broken but I can't be sure. I'm supposed to cook some meat + mushroom dish for a main quest, and the meat for that dish is supposedly right next to where I picked up the recipe, except it wasn't. Warp to Springvale, and no meat pig things spawned in the usual spot. I've checked back every morning for a week now, no meat. It's like when I got to this quest, meat randomly stopped spawning in my world. You cannot buy meat from the stores, I've spent around 10 hours wandering around the map (while doing other daily commissions or fighting elites etc) keeping a careful eye out for those pig things and I have not spotted a single one. I'm stuck and it's frustrating not being able to advance.

My moon pass runs out tomorrow, with tomorrow's commissions I should have enough points to reach BP 30 and get the cool weapon thing. After that I suspect I'll log out and not boot this up again at least until next year when there is significantly more story content, (hopefully) the above bug is fixed, and sufficient PS5 enhancements are in place.

Jedge

Around 75 hours played, $15 spent so I feel like it was a good value (daily pass + battle pass). However, I'm stuck on a mission that I think might be legitimately broken but I can't be sure. I'm supposed to cook some meat + mushroom dish for a main quest, and the meat for that dish is supposedly right next to where I picked up the recipe, except it wasn't. Warp to Springvale, and no meat pig things spawned in the usual spot. I've checked back every morning for a week now, no meat. It's like when I got to this quest, meat randomly stopped spawning in my world. You cannot buy meat from the stores, I've spent around 10 hours wandering around the map (while doing other daily commissions or fighting elites etc) keeping a careful eye out for those pig things and I have not spotted a single one. I'm stuck and it's frustrating not being able to advance.

Have you tried sending one of your characters on an expedition for meat? I can't remember what region it's in but you get both fowl and meat

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have you tried sending one of your characters on an expedition for meat? I can't remember what region it's in but you get both fowl and meat
I hadn't thought of that, might give it a shot. Either way though, I feel like I'm kinda resigned to putting this away for a while. I guess you could say I feel like the veil has been lifted and without story content the experience is pretty shallow. I think I'm close to the end of the story content that's available, anyway.

Moogle11

Banned
I’ve been playing this a bit on PC. Hit adventure rank 11 last night. Definitely very good for a F2P game and looks great in 4K. Imagine I’ll hit a grind or paywall at some point, but fun enough to play while waiting to score a PS5 and/or XSX (which may be a while since I didn’t get a preorder in).

Jedge

I hadn't thought of that, might give it a shot. Either way though, I feel like I'm kinda resigned to putting this away for a while. I guess you could say I feel like the veil has been lifted and without story content the experience is pretty shallow. I think I'm close to the end of the story content that's available, anyway.
Fair enough. I'm currently AR 40 and the game is basically a grind for exp books, character talents etc. I believe there is a PS5 update coming out so maybe wait till then.
I don't believe the dev's had a plan for endgame yet as the story ends on AR 38 currently. Patch 1.1 should add some new ones but I agree there isn't enough story content in the game ( i wish there was)

MagnesG

Banned

My moon pass runs out tomorrow, with tomorrow's commissions I should have enough points to reach BP 30 and get the cool weapon thing. After that I suspect I'll log out and not boot this up again at least until next year when there is significantly more story content, (hopefully) the above bug is fixed, and sufficient PS5 enhancements are in place.
You could buy always meat from one of the npc (I think it's the chief) in Springvale during daytime. There's also a place in the north where there're tons of pigs grazing around that you could loot daily. I use Xiang burst and Mona dash to mow them down. Got 15+ meat daily just from that.

There's always a hotspot for these kind of things. Recently found one for crabs and eggs.

Also, I wish I had your BP :messenger_weary:

Last edited:

Pejo

Nothing wrong with just stopping until the 11th at the least, when the next story expansion drops. Nothing says you have to play every day.

I’ve been playing this a bit on PC. Hit adventure rank 11 last night. Definitely very good for a F2P game and looks great in 4K. Imagine I’ll hit a grind or paywall at some point, but fun enough to play while waiting to score a PS5 and/or XSX (which may be a while since I didn’t get a preorder in).
I generally suggest to not rush the game at all, but if you can manage to hit AR20 before the 11th of this month, you'll get a really great healer character for free. Just something to consider. Don't let it ruin the game for you though if you're enjoying playing at your own pace.

jshackles

You could buy always meat from one of the npc (I think it's the chief) in Springvale during daytime. There's also a place in the north where there're tons of pigs grazing around that you could loot daily. I use Xiang burst and Mona dash to mow them down. Got 15+ meat daily just from that.

There's always a hotspot for these kind of things. Recently found one for crabs and eggs.
I went here:

And there was nothing. Redditors seemed to comment that there would be like 10+ that spawned here. I went to the wiki page too and saw that you could buy meat from Draff in Springvale, and (during daytime) he won't sell anything and I don't have the option of talking with him he just acts like a background NPC. I'm starting to think that meat is just somehow magically vanished from my world for some reason. I'll try J Jedge 's suggestion for expeditions. But also looking on the wiki it seems this is the penultimate quest in the 1.0 version anyway.

MagnesG

Banned
I went here:

And there was nothing. Redditors seemed to comment that there would be like 10+ that spawned here. I went to the wiki page too and saw that you could buy meat from Draff in Springvale, and (during daytime) he won't sell anything and I don't have the option of talking with him he just acts like a background NPC. I'm starting to think that meat is just somehow magically vanished from my world for some reason. I'll try J Jedge 's suggestion for expeditions. But also looking on the wiki it seems this is the penultimate quest in the 1.0 version anyway.

Yes that's the place. Through are you in the middle of a quest right now?

jshackles

Yes that's the place. Through are you in the middle of a quest right now?
I'm on this quest:

unable to make this which is required to continue:

🤷‍♂️

Pejo

I'm on this quest:

🤷‍♂️
Can you join somebody's world co-op and just get meat that way? I doubt they'd cockblock you in another person's world.

MagnesG

Banned
I'm on this quest:

🤷‍♂️
I'm convinced that must've been a bug.

Saber

Try joining other person world and see if you can search for food.

Your bug is very curious...I never see a game blocking things from respawn because of quest. I would suggest give them feedback but I don't think they read mine.

Might as well try using your characters pick meat when exploring(like a member here suggested). Btw, how do you lack meat of all itens? Do you make food daily with it?

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm on this quest:

🤷‍♂️

Can't you get meat from the squirrels as well? Are those not spawning in your game?

This game. Because I don't have Qiqi I'm basically fucked for floor 7 abyss, and with the gacha rate being shit I'm not gonna get her anytime soon. Brute forcing my stats on those agents is not an option either.

Fuck all of this.
People on YouTube have completed no pull account runs all the way through Abyss 11. And by no pull I mean literally no pulling on the gacha, they have no one but the Story Four (Traveler, Kaeya, Amber, Lisa) and Barbara and Xiangling who are given as rewards. Blaming the gacha here is pointless when this has already been done.

sandkiller

Can't believe i missed the last day of the Merchandise event... oops... At least I got Mona... just need to get Childe to make my Water Polo team.

Saber

People on YouTube have completed no pull account runs all the way through Abyss 11. And by no pull I mean literally no pulling on the gacha, they have no one but the Story Four (Traveler, Kaeya, Amber, Lisa) and Barbara and Xiangling who are given as rewards. Blaming the gacha here is pointless when this has already been done.

I think I saw on reedit I guy saying that he so far has not spend a single wish, so his primogem meter is absurdly high.

But yeah, my brother has being doing well despite lacking some elemental characters. For instance, he doesn't have a water element character since he has no interest on using Barbara(he wants Childe). But he is doing pretty damn well, almost hitting my AR level.

Moogle11

Banned
Nothing wrong with just stopping until the 11th at the least, when the next story expansion drops. Nothing says you have to play every day.

I generally suggest to not rush the game at all, but if you can manage to hit AR20 before the 11th of this month, you'll get a really great healer character for free. Just something to consider. Don't let it ruin the game for you though if you're enjoying playing at your own pace.

Thanks for the tip! As long as I don’t get bored I’ll prioritize this a bit the next couple weeks. I don’t really have a game I’m maiming now as I’d cleared out the calendar a bit for Cyberpunk before the delay (and Mikes Morales and Astrobot if I luck into a PS5).

Hakiroto

To anyone who follows the development of this game, has there been any news (or an update) on fixing the issues with mouse sensitivity on PC? I bounced off the game straight away when I felt the weird mouse controls and lack of raw mouse input.

Is it worth just playing with a controller instead?

Pejo

To anyone who follows the development of this game, has there been any news (or an update) on fixing the issues with mouse sensitivity on PC? I bounced off the game straight away when I felt the weird mouse controls and lack of raw mouse input.

Is it worth just playing with a controller instead?
I play on PC 100% with controller. It's great but it never saves your preference so you always have to change it every time you launch the game. Not a huge deal, but annoying. If you really want to, you can run something like Joy2Key to remap buttons too since the default game doesn't let you. I just ended up getting used to the default layout though and didn't bother.

MagnesG

Banned
Yeah, people in the beta, day 1 players, or actually whalers who spent a whole lot on resins and wishes which get them OP weapon and more artifacts to choose from by grinding. All *5 yay. They literally wore weapons from wishes or BP.

No gacha my ass.

I've seen the guide for floor 7 myself, it's the hardest between floor 1-8. You still need some ample stats at the end to make up for it, even with enough planning. And to cheat you just need another healer for the 2nd team, which I don't, and now I'm stuck with slowly building my stats first. Yay resins again.

Did you manage to beat it yourself? Without another healer? (That means jean or qiqi - that's why I mention qiqi). Let's see how you did it without *5 chars and trash gears.

Last edited:

Pejo

After I found out only the later levels reset rewards in Abyss, I decided to just hold off until I have 2 full teams built to 80. I just don't feel like chasing that right now.

Been grinding xp books for a few days now, still need ridiculous amounts of them. At least this is one grind that when it's done, it's done. Artifacts seem like the real endgame grind that could be endless depending on how bad you want god rolls on your substats. I've been really happy going a mix of ATK and energy recharge on most of my characters for now, I like the increased uptime on elemental Bursts instead of slightly higher attack damage. Plus I get a shit ton of Exile and Gladiator drops as secondary drops on bosses and stuff, so I haven't had to spend any effort actually farming artifacts.

What artifact sets are you guys using on your main characters?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
After I found out only the later levels reset rewards in Abyss, I decided to just hold off until I have 2 full teams built to 80. I just don't feel like chasing that right now.

Been grinding xp books for a few days now, still need ridiculous amounts of them. At least this is one grind that when it's done, it's done. Artifacts seem like the real endgame grind that could be endless depending on how bad you want god rolls on your substats. I've been really happy going a mix of ATK and energy recharge on most of my characters for now, I like the increased uptime on elemental Bursts instead of slightly higher attack damage. Plus I get a shit ton of Exile and Gladiator drops as secondary drops on bosses and stuff, so I haven't had to spend any effort actually farming artifacts.

What artifact sets are you guys using on your main characters?
Gladiator, Martial and the healing one for Barb. Still haven't done my weekly boss fail so I'm hoping I get better artifacts this time.

BlackM1st

Banned
Weird game, I'm not feeling its world like I did in FF online. Probably budget/scope thing. And maybe it's mobile centric and on mobile people are more acceptable of kids friendly narratives and non offensive characters. I dunno.
What also bothered me is that all girls are wearing strange one piece swimsuit like costumes without any separate underwear or grandma's underpants.Probably have something to do with Chinese censoring.
Male characters are very feminine too. They all look like a kpop singers. I still can't accept that the most powerful character is essentially a boy trapped in a teenage girl body lol
I liked second city aesthetics but loathed mountains navigation. Maybe with a bigger stamina it will be less of a hassles.
All in all, a strong entry in the gatcha genre, I'll give it 5 out of 10, which is way higher than my usual 1 out of 10 for mobile games hah.
I would like to see more sexy gurls, more knight/berserk like guys and a faster progression. Maybe another region with your house/base.

BlackM1st

Banned
Sorry, forgot to add - it's absolutely not a weeb game and it has no fan service or risque themes. I can't believe ppl say that it's sexist or weeby. It's anything but...

Moochi

AR 42 and I feel like the difficulty spike is grossly exaggerated. I've been lucky with drops though. Noelle has a full legendary gladiator set. Fish had a full Bard or whatever set until I realized I could put a berserk mask on and kick her crit rate to 60%. I drop the fire flower boss in about 30 seconds and can do most level 80 instances as long as they aren't immune to electric. Still only on Abyss floor 7, but that's due to having a mediocre team 2.

Saber

My artifact luck is still not doing me any favors. I'm still waiting for some water damage bonus 4 stars or above for my healer.

Gladiator, Martial and the healing one for Barb. Still haven't done my weekly boss fail so I'm hoping I get better artifacts this time.

Dunno about you, but somehow I few like the one who gives bonus damage to charge and normal attacks to be less efficient than the ones that simply gives you % of atk.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, forgot to add - it's absolutely not a weeb game and it has no fan service or risque themes. I can't believe ppl say that it's sexist or weeby. It's anything but...
Yeah if anything it feels like it is aimed more at women.

My artifact luck is still not doing me any favors. I'm still waiting for some water damage bonus 4 stars or above for my healer.

Dunno about you, but somehow I few like the one who gives bonus damage to charge and normal attacks to be less efficient than the ones that simply gives you % of atk.
I'm getting close to 900+ in Attack from these artifacts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pejo

The censorship was probably a combo of Sony and China. There are official arts and character models of Fischl and Barbara and I think Ayaka (the upcoming ice sword) without the safety shorts. The "see through" thing when you zoom past their butt is disappointing too.

The grandmaster of the Knights, Varkas or whatever, is supposedly a grizzled old man with a metal claw arm, so that might be more up your alley if/when he is playable.

You hit on a good point with a customizable base. I wish the game had more non-combat world expansion type stuff to do. Like when you're bored of fighting abyss mages and hilichurls, it'd be nice to just go play a fishing minigame, or customize a base, or even join co-op and play table games like poker/checkers or something. It'd go a long way to lessen the burnout at high AR, I think.

BlackM1st

Banned
The grandmaster of the Knights, Varkas or whatever, is supposedly a grizzled old man with a metal claw arm, so that might be more up your alley if/when he is playable.

nice to just go play a fishing minigame, or customize a base
Yeah, a want my souls like knight/berserk style warrior. I got a 4 star maid with a claymore and I like her but it's not the same ;(

You acquire your companion during fishing and yet there's no fishing hah

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Totally. I can't think of a single gacha that is as PC as Genshin.
tenor.gif

Top Bottom