• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
MONA PLEASES OLD MEN FOR RENT MONEY OH HO HO HO HO
95865411fa1221b7f4afb4a03d3f0833.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Saber

This game is easily going to gross over $1 billion it's first year.

Like Slowmotion mentioned, the day they start selling costumes to all waifus and husbandus, they gonna be swimming on money. Even more if they start doing summer beach and marriage costumes.

Like Slowmotion mentioned, the day they start selling costumes to all waifus and husbandus, they gonna be swimming on money. Even more if they start doing summer beach and marriage costumes.
What you mean 'gonna be'? They are already printing money faster than the United States Federal Reserve. $250 million in just 30 days isn't already swimming in money? It's one of the biggest launch months in mobile game launch history, Pokemon Go did $283 million in it's first month and that's Pokemon, not some new IP from a somewhat obscure Chinese studio that most people never heard of before.

BuT THe GaME WiLL dIE iF tHeY DOn'T fiX tHE MoNEtIZAtION LOLOLOLOL

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I want to see the sale numbers by December. See if it has staying power with the whales.

sandkiller

I knew something was strange as soon I moved to AR 40. Enemies and bosses are taking 5 times more to beat. I'm not even doing bosses right now.

Yeah, this should be standart: stay safe on AR 35 until you feel ready with all itens, moras and ascend requeriments.

How do you avoid increasing AR?

Saber

How do you avoid increasing AR?

Depends. Certain parts the AR stop increasing because the game forces you to do WR increase specific quest. But there are certain levels when the game simply increases WR when you reach a certain AR.

For instance: AR 35 requires a quest. AR 40 not, you will instantly increase your WR as soon you reach it.

Guys I figured out how this game has made $250 million in 30 days.

Imagine blowing $10k to max consta Kaching when she's not even banner unit. I can hardly think of a more inefficient way of whaling a gacha.

Pejo

Gold Member

Guys I figured out how this game has made $250 million in 30 days.

Imagine blowing $10k to max consta Kaching when she's not even banner unit. I can hardly think of a more inefficient way of whaling a gacha.

Lol he said he got her maxed at $6,000.00 but kept going all the way to 10k...for what?

Idiots and their money are easily parted, and so on.

Finally got a PS4 reroll I'm more than happy with. Took close to 20 rerolls but I got an account with Diluc, Razor, Xiangling, Chongyun, and Xinqui....ALL from the 20 beginners banner wishes. So I have all of those characters plus 2K primo gems and the 10 Intertwined wishes left over. Going to save them for the next banner.

Last edited:

sandkiller

Finally got a PS4 reroll I'm more than happy with. Took close to 20 rerolls but I got an account with Diluc, Razor, Xiangling, Chongyun, and Xinqui....ALL from the 20 beginners banner wishes. So I have all of those characters plus 2K primo gems and the 10 Intertwined wishes left over. Going to save them for the next banner.

You did 20 ps4 account rerolls? How long did it take you :D

Completed my Battle Pass a few days ago. Didn't really appreciate how much incentive it was to do a variety of things every day until it was over. Now I'm just doing my daily commissions, a few ley lines/bosses to drain my resin and calling it a day. Also doesn't help that I'm at AR40 so I need weekly drops to upgrade my Talents. Gonna be a loooong grind for those

Last edited:
This is some hardcore dedication, making 20 PSN accounts just to reroll Genshin. bigbosssalute.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member

MHY always knows how to make a trailer. Their Honkai Impact ones are usually great too. Really looking forward to some new content and gonna roll for Zhongli, maybe Childe too, depending on the banners.

Completed my Battle Pass a few days ago. Didn't really appreciate how much incentive it was to do a variety of things every day until it was over. Now I'm just doing my daily commissions, a few ley lines/bosses to drain my resin and calling it a day. Also doesn't help that I'm at AR40 so I need weekly drops to upgrade my Talents. Gonna be a loooong grind for those
Yea AR40 is basically the game saying "that's it for now, wait til next patch". Just burn your resin and wait for the next day I guess, that's what I've been doing.

*edit* Here's the info so far on what's coming in Patch 1.1 (reputation grind and -culus finders are the big news for me) Free Fischl confirmed and there's a code in there for free Primos for Global.

Last edited:

Saber

Just a friendly warning, watch out for the tower geocullus quest(the one you have to collect geo stones from leveling up geo towers).

During the battle you will fight a few monsters until a Ruin Guard elite appears. That Ruin Guard Elite will spawn power-up stones that boosts its attack alot. You can destroy them, but sometimes RGE will be back to its respawn point(even if he's next to it), making the fight frustating because he restores its full hp. Better yet, he will be bugged and completelly immune to damage if you run away from battle. If you warp and go back there, 2 Ruin Guard Elites will respawn, making it impossible to beat.

If that happens, leave the place, quit and restart the game. When fighting him, do not attempt to destroy the power-up stones(even if they make him one shot your characters). Or else you gonna risk your entirelly fight progress go back to the start.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Just a friendly warning, watch out for the tower geocullus quest(the one you have to collect geo stones from leveling up geo towers).

During the battle you will fight a few monsters until a Ruin Guard elite appears. That Ruin Guard Elite will spawn power-up stones that boosts its attack alot. You can destroy them, but ometimes RGE will be back to its respawn point(even if he's next to it), making the fight frustating because he restored to full hp. Better yet, he will be bugged and completelly immune to damage if you run away from battle. If you warp and go back there, 2 Ruin Guard Elites will respawn, making it impossible to beat.

If that happens, leave the place, quit and restart the game. When fighting him, do not attempt to destroy the power-up stones(even if they make him one shot your characters). Or else you gonna risk your entirelly fight progress go back to the start.
I hope you entered a bug report about that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hope the 1.1 update also comes with some optimizations for the PS5. Or that the PS5's EssEssDee really lowers this game's loading times.

Game is still painfully slow on the PS4 Pro.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Hope the 1.1 update also comes with some optimizations for the PS5. Or that the PS5's EssEssDee really lowers this game's loading times.

Game is still painfully slow on the PS4 Pro.
I got it to run on a regular ps4 and it runs almost the same. Shameful.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just did the balloon daily. It went down easy enough, no way did that thing have over 100k in health.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on the location. Monstad ballon challenge is a piece of cake compared to the ballon river challenge.
I throw fish from a distance, switch to panda and then unga boonga with rzr. Sure I get shocked a bit but so does everything else.

Wunray

Been messing around with combos today and I found out wolf boy + qiqi + babes is pretty busted, although wolf boy needs a few constilations.

MagnesG

Banned
MHY always knows how to make a trailer. Their Honkai Impact ones are usually great too. Really looking forward to some new content and gonna roll for Zhongli, maybe Childe too, depending on the banners.

Yea AR40 is basically the game saying "that's it for now, wait til next patch". Just burn your resin and wait for the next day I guess, that's what I've been doing.

*edit* Here's the info so far on what's coming in Patch 1.1 (reputation grind and -culus finders are the big news for me) Free Fischl confirmed and there's a code in there for free Primos for Global.

Are the new Primo code can be redeemed already?

Pejo

Gold Member
Are the new Primo code can be redeemed already?
Yes, redeemed here:

You did 20 ps4 account rerolls? How long did it take you :D
All in all I'd guess about 1 hour 10 minutes or so per roll. There's making the gmail account, then the PSN account, then actually playing it to get to AR 7. It's totally worth it though imo. How much money or hours would you spend normally to get those characters? Probably more than the 22 or so hours I spent rerolling.

Like I said before, I'd recommend anyone playing without a good team to just keep rerolling. I started off fairly great, getting a different 5 star on 3 accounts in a row. That wasn't good enough for me though as the supporting characters were all pretty meh (getting Noelle and Sucrose and Ninguang way too much). Then I went like 8 straight rerolls with no 5 stars at all and it got pretty discouraging at times. Just kept right on going though and finally hit a pretty damn solid cast of characters.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
For the balloon gang I guess.

The format for that reddit media post is hilarious. Some text at the top and just a shit ton of blank space.

I was unaware people were even having problems with the balloon quests until I read people complaining about it today. Razor can usually take it out by the 2nd checkpoint dot with no issues. I would suspect just like ore and structures, you probably want to use a claymore user, and I could see how it'd be a problem if you don't have one leveled I guess.

I always have more problems with the "protect the balloon" quests, specifically those sniper towers with the archers on top and no way to climb them. I have to depend on my Amber to headshot them off the tower so I can actually kill them, and sometimes it gets hectic.

Pejo

Gold Member
Anyone else kinda bummed there was a big fat nothing at the end of the salesman "event" we've been doing the last few days? That could have been a 2 minute sidequest if they hadn't time gated it, talk about low effort.

I spent some time playing Co-op today with my gf. The experience was actually pretty good lag wise this time, seems to have gotten better since launch. We ran through a bunch of the weapon ascension domains and then did 1 of each of the bosses for the achievements. I only wish that there was some kind of reward the guest could get besides just berries and ore and crap. The best part of co-op is using a bunch of different Elemental Bursts and stuff at once. My favorite was popping Venti's, switching to Diluc and using his to create a huge firestorm swirl of doom, and then my gf would use Keqing's causing a bunch of overload and explosions. We could take out whole waves of the level 60 domains in a few seconds and then have full energy for another round. If you had 4 players and one of them was Venti, it seems like any group of enemies would just melt.

I finally beat that level 60 challenge with the 2 land robots and the flying one in Liyue. My level 80 Razor died twice and I ended up finishing the fight swapping back and forth between Barbara and Lisa, but I did it. That fight was so dis-proportionally difficult compared to all the others just because of constant missile/spinning spam. The turning point was nailing that flying one when it climbs high in the sky and starts dropping mortars. If you hit it in the "eye" it drops and goes inactive for a few minutes which was long enough for me to take out one of the ground robots. Glad I don't have to do that one again.

Amaranty

How does this game run on PS4 Pro? I looked at some benchmarks on YouTube and it constantly seems to drop down to 25 fps in action. Seems pretty unstable.

Pejo

Gold Member
I didn't even bother to play the event lol.
you missed out on like 200 primos and a bunch of mora/xp/talent books for talking to an NPC and giving him shit like carrots and berries.

How does this game run on PS4 Pro? I looked at some benchmarks on YouTube and it constantly seems to drop down to 25 fps in action. Seems pretty unstable.
Runs notoriously bad for now on all Playstation consoles, from what I gather. PC runs great though and mobile is serviceable on a semi-newish phone.

Reactions: BJK
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
30fps with occasional drops. Made my pro sound like I was fucking with my grinder or something. Regular ps4 is quiet though.
you missed out on like 200 primos and a bunch of mora/xp/talent books for talking to an NPC and giving him shit like carrots and berries.

Runs notoriously bad for now on all Playstation consoles, from what I gather. PC runs great though and mobile is serviceable on a semi-newish phone.
Honestly couldn't even be bothered to do em. I just do the dailies now.

MagnesG

Banned
I finally beat that level 60 challenge with the 2 land robots and the flying one in Liyue. My level 80 Razor died twice and I ended up finishing the fight swapping back and forth between Barbara and Lisa, but I did it. That fight was so dis-proportionally difficult compared to all the others just because of constant missile/spinning spam. The turning point was nailing that flying one when it climbs high in the sky and starts dropping mortars. If you hit it in the "eye" it drops and goes inactive for a few minutes which was long enough for me to take out one of the ground robots. Glad I don't have to do that one again.
Is this the one where you had to go inside a cave beside a waterfall? Or the final one after collecting all geos..

LOLCats

Banned
games gacha starting to wear on me. its honestly too low to be any fun and is pretty demoralizing for people that dont buy gems.

they need to add a swap option on the banners, because right now its super lame.

Top Bottom