• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Got my main character to 20 and now I need to ascend somehow. Working on my Adventure Rank, which is a low 7 atm. Did a bunch of pulls and got a couple 4 star characters. Finished the first Act of the Prologue. I have my fingers crossed as this has been an enjoyable ride so far. I just upgraded my phone, so I have a larger screen now.

MagnesG

Banned
I'll be honest, I don't really understand Mona's skillset at all, I just use her on a backup team for her taunt skill then swap her out. Interesting video, but I still don't really understand.
Her lvl 70 unlocked talent is pretty good, extra hydro damage from 20% of her energy recharge rate. She's a skill spammer with both her burst and normal skill can be spammed in every 15 seconds with correct build.

That high damage is just icing in the cake expected from correct *5 gears used.

Pejo

Her lvl 70 unlocked talent is pretty good, extra hydro damage from 20% of her energy recharge rate. She's a skill spammer with both her burst and normal skill can be spammed in every 15 seconds with correct build.

That high damage is just icing in the cake expected from correct *5 gears used.
Is there a reason they were using Vaporize every time in the video, or is Electro-charged also good?

MagnesG

Banned
Is there a reason they were using Vaporize every time in the video, or is Electro-charged also good?
Every reactions have different sets of attributes, but Vaporizes basically gives the highest damage I think, and also because they're fighting Pyro boss.

Electro charged is more on continuous damage
Cryo+Hydro have freeze which I like the best for solo ccs using chongyun.
I'm not sure about melt though, but you can always refer to the diagram.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Encountered my first daily challenge this morning that I simply couldn't beat. It was the one where the goblin balloon floats in the river, and enemies spawn everywhere, and you have to take out the balloon before it reaches the end of the course.

I did about 100,000 damage to the balloon and it wasn't enough (it still had about 1/10 of it's health bar left at the end). I tried three times with various tactics but I ran out of time and had to leave for work. Kinda disappointing, I guess my damage output isn't where it needs to be.

MagnesG

Banned
Encountered my first daily challenge this morning that I simply couldn't beat. It was the one where the goblin balloon floats in the river, and enemies spawn everywhere, and you have to take out the balloon before it reaches the end of the course.

I did about 100,000 damage to the balloon and it wasn't enough (it still had about 1/10 of it's health bar left at the end). I tried three times with various tactics but I ran out of time and had to leave for work. Kinda disappointing, I guess my damage output isn't where it needs to be.
Ask for help on discord. It's only recently that I can actually beat that solo.

Saber

Gold Member

This task was poorly made because the balloon tragetory is basically on the water. So your character either gonna swim or be blocked from running.
Better yet, they spam ice and eletric archers around the place. And for some reason this ballon is immune to elemental reactions, significantly reducing your damage output.

Lets just say the guy created this task wasn't particullary interested on bringing something challegening. Just very very annoying.

I can't really give much of tips there, because I aways have trouple with this daily mission. I spam Kaeya basic attacks with his elemental skill so I can at least beat the ballon before I reach the ice mage, which makes things even more frustrating.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

What is your AR again?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
AR31, Jean just past the lvl 50 cap. Everyone else on my team at 50 except Chongyun who is at 40 still...
I'm close to 40, I did the balloon challenge the other day and it had nowhere near that much health.

sublimit

Banned
I'm still adventure rank 12. All my 4 main characters are level 20.

There are still a lot of things i don't understand with this game but i'm enjoying my time with it. I'm taking it very slow. The game's world and art direction is simply gorgeous and it's the main thing that drives me to continue playing along with the exploration.

If i end up playing the game for 100+ hours and i'm still having fun then i will probably buy something just to thank and support the developers even if i don't care at all to get new characters (especially with money).

I really hope Mihoyo makes a proper single player "J"RPG one day though (with a physical release and all).

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm close to 40, I did the balloon challenge the other day and it had nowhere near that much health.
Hmmm interesting. Jeans directed air elemental (R2) attack does about 2,500 damage and I got around 30 hits off on it before failing. That's in addition to bringing out Flischl's bird attack thing and regular attacks that probably totaled up around 20k-25k damage.

Maybe the balloon just has a random amount of health, and I got screwed over by the RNG?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

There are still a lot of things i don't understand with this game but i'm enjoying my time with it. I'm taking it very slow. The game's world and art direction is simply gorgeous and it's the main thing that drives me to continue playing along with the exploration.

If i end up playing the game for 100+ hours and i'm still having fun then i will probably buy something just to thank and support the developers even if i don't care at all to get new characters (especially with money).

I really hope Mihoyo makes a proper single player "J"RPG one day though (with a physical release and all).
If the GBF game ever releases it will be exactly that minus the climbing.
Hmmm interesting. Jeans directed air elemental (R2) attack does about 2,500 damage and I got around 30 hits off on it before failing. That's in addition to bringing out Flischl's bird attack thing and regular attacks that probably totaled up around 20k-25k damage.

Maybe the balloon just has a random amount of health, and I got screwed over by the RNG?
I don't even do that much damage myself and my characters are getting to lvl 70. :/

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Try doing it without lvl 70 weapons.
I actually only have one lvl70 weapon. My fish still has a lv40 weapon cause 4 star weapon rates suck and bosses NEVER drop prototypes for me. :/

MagnesG

Banned
I actually only have one lvl70 weapon. My fish still has a lv40 weapon cause 4 star weapon rates suck and bosses NEVER drop prototypes for me. :/
I have none and probably will not have one for at least another week. Focused too much on leveling up talents now I'm stuck on weapon ascension rotation.

Am I missing something? You don't need multiples of the same weapon to level from 40, 50, 60, etc. You just need that to refine weapons and upgrade the weapon's inherent ability.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Am I missing something? You don't need multiples of the same weapon to level from 40, 50, 60, etc. You just need that to refine weapons and upgrade the weapon's inherent ability.
I have no good bows and no prototypes to make.

RaptorGTA

Im a few AR levels below you and feel the same way. I feel i am not 100% sure what I should do..but in the same breath..I'm enjoying to just running around killing stuff and following the quests.

crumbs

I'm at a weird spot in this game.

I've been enjoying it without spending any cash, especially just exploring around. I felt I was lucky with some of my first rolls, getting Barbara, Chongyun, and Fischl, but it's been pretty dry since then.

I'm at AR 22 and I'm starting to feel the pinch in terms not rolling any 5 star characters or items. I can get through most of the battles, but lacking any high DPS characters is making the abyss or any timed challenges difficult.

I did finally give in & buy the $5 Blessing of the Welkin Moon to help with primogen generation, so hopefully that will lead to more wishes and the occasional lucky roll.

I'm at a weird spot in this game.

I've been enjoying it without spending any cash, especially just exploring around. I felt I was lucky with some of my first rolls, getting Barbara, Chongyun, and Fischl, but it's been pretty dry since then.

I'm at AR 22 and I'm starting to feel the pinch in terms not rolling any 5 star characters or items. I can get through most of the battles, but lacking any high DPS characters is making the abyss or any timed challenges difficult.

I did finally give in & buy the $5 Blessing of the Welkin Moon to help with primogen generation, so hopefully that will lead to more wishes and the occasional lucky roll.

This just isn't true. Stop telling yourself that you need five star characters to succeed in this game.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me man. I get the same concert;s final hour gold artifact every week from both bosses.

Jedge

Im a few AR levels below you and feel the same way. I feel i am not 100% sure what I should do..but in the same breath..I'm enjoying to just running around killing stuff and following the quests.

I'd recommend at least spending your resin daily if you can. Play the game at your own pace. It's only technically a single player game, enjoy the journey there's no need to rush
Once you do get a character you want to max (I'd suggest only maxing 2 if you're F2P) do some research on the mats they require as it does get grindy at the later levels.
-
Credit:
*only thing i'd change is maybe artifact's at AR40 or wait even till AR45

5SIfH3R.png

Last edited:

crumbs

This just isn't true. Stop telling yourself that you need five star characters to succeed in this game.

Thanks for sharing the video. I didn't mean to give the impression that I wasn't succeeding in the game as I haven't hit too many road blocks in story & side missions. I was struggling with my first foray into the Abyss and it's timed missions, but that may have to do with my lack of decent pyro characters for the 1st floor. Fortunately, on my most recent 10x Wish, I did pull Bennett (finally another pyro) & Razor, so I'll start experimenting with them.

It seems like a lot of the advice you see online about not investing in certain characters/weapons/artifacts assumes that you will reroll or spend big bucks to get 5 stars. I think this may be my problem, being too stingy with leveling certain characters when I should be working on the assumption that I won't eventually get a rare hero and just have fun with the ones that I have.

Thanks for sharing the video. I didn't mean to give the impression that I wasn't succeeding in the game as I haven't hit too many road blocks in story & side missions. I was struggling with my first foray into the Abyss and it's timed missions, but that may have to do with my lack of decent pyro characters for the 1st floor. Fortunately, on my most recent 10x Wish, I did pull Bennett (finally another pyro) & Razor, so I'll start experimenting with them.

It seems like a lot of the advice you see online about not investing in certain characters/weapons/artifacts assumes that you will reroll or spend big bucks to get 5 stars. I think this may be my problem, being too stingy with leveling certain characters when I should be working on the assumption that I won't eventually get a rare hero and just have fun with the ones that I have.

Either Razor or Xiang (once you unlock her) can be a great DPS character. You can level anyone to 20 or perhaps 40 and not worry that much about running out of resources, especially if you have to hit 40 with a couple of characters to unlock Xiang in spiral abyss. It's leveling everyone to 40 or past where you're going to be using way too many resources. Then just use Razor and Xiang a bit, along with anyone else you like, and you can decide who you want to be your main from there. At least that's what I'd suggest.

crumbs

Either Razor or Xiang (once you unlock her) can be a great DPS character. You can level anyone to 20 or perhaps 40 and not worry that much about running out of resources, especially if you have to hit 40 with a couple of characters to unlock Xiang in spiral abyss. It's leveling everyone to 40 or past where you're going to be using way too many resources. Then just use Razor and Xiang a bit, along with anyone else you like, and you can decide who you want to be your main from there. At least that's what I'd suggest.

Thanks, this is helpful.

Early on, I saw that you get Xiangling for clearing the 3 floor, so I thought I could hold out for her as a pyro hero. Then I looked up the recommended party levels for each floor of the abyss and realized I would probably want another pyro user before getting to that point in the game. Hopefully Bennett fills that gap for the time being as he seems easier to use than Amber.

Razor seems interesting as his play style is unique (at least compared to the other heroes I've picked up) and seems to require really focusing on his resources and being more measured about character switching.

I should also probably revisit anemo (MC) and geo (Noelle) for elemental reactions. I used them very early on, but went away from them as I rolled more characters.

Pejo

Fuck me man. I get the same concert;s final hour gold artifact every week from both bosses.
I get that damn conductor's hat like every fucking time with either def or HP. I haven't gotten a good legendary artifact at all yet. I had one with Geo damage bonus so I threw it on Ningguang, but it's from a shitty set so I guess that will be my odd piece out for her.

Reroll reroll reroll. If you don't get a 5 star character to start with, re-roll until you do. Don't let Mihoyo screw you out of your money or give you a lesser game experience if you don't pay up. Reroll.

Doing so gives you a 5 star to start, and it means that 90 rolls after that (at the latest), you get your second 5 star instead of your first. You can literally reroll in an hour (or less), so keep doing it until you get a good 5 star/team.

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

I'd recommend at least spending your resin daily if you can. Play the game at your own pace. It's only technically a single player game, enjoy the journey there's no need to rush
Once you do get a character you want to max (I'd suggest only maxing 2 if you're F2P) do some research on the mats they require as it does get grindy at the later levels.
-
Credit:
*only thing i'd change is maybe artifact's at AR40 or wait even till AR45

5SIfH3R.png

Oh! Thank you!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't you had enough from daily expeditions and from your own world?

But then again I've been begging everyone to give me their Philanemo Mushrooms lol. I got 3 characters needing those.
Nope. I didn't even send anyone out today. Just made a bow and logged out after another horrible weekly boss drop.

Pejo

Mona quest was fun but too short, we didn't even get a dungeon with her. This new "event" today is a real stinker. Just hand in some material for a few primos. Wow, they really went all out developing this bad boy. It makes the alchemy event look like rocket science by comparison.

LordOfChaos

I'm committed to next gen now and my PS4 is sold...So the lack of Genshin cross save for the PS4 alone is pissing me off right about now. There's other games that do it so I'm not sure what the holdup is, but it's very annoying.

I'm committed to next gen now and my PS4 is sold...So the lack of Genshin cross save for the PS4 alone is pissing me off right about now. There's other games that do it so I'm not sure what the holdup is, but it's very annoying.
Wait, are you saying you can't carry your PS4 account over to PS5, or are you just talking about over to PC?

Top Bottom