• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Its just me for that girl Musk commission?

Three at row.
There's an achievement for getting all 3 choices right. For me it's that damn Ten Wang or whatever - the girl that wants the 'taste of Liyue' in Inazuma. Because every second that you're not in Liyue, you should be asking yourself, "Wonder what's happening in Liyue?"

crumbs

I feel like some of the commissions are tied to your world level. I waited forever to get the first Ella Musk commission, but once I got it, it would pop up multiple times a week. Trying to remember if this started around a time when I had raised the WL.

Saber

Gold Member
Me on the other hand, getting Timmy comission every now often. Dumbest thing in GI is those stupid brat quests. Hope Sumeru isn't like that.

Pejo

Man I finished up a few routes in Yun Jin's hangout, and the one where you're fighting the dummies while she sings in the background, I was dying laughing by the end.

No disrespect to China or it's opera, but holy shit I don't know how you sit through that without laughing. Then you have the NPCs talking about her performance "she has the voice of an angel". I haven't laughed so hard from a videogame quest in forever.

teezzy

Banned
So this game is pretty fun eh?

Do I need to play as a little anime girl or can I be like a Link or a hobbit or something?

Pejo

So this game is pretty fun eh?

Do I need to play as a little anime girl or can I be like a Link or a hobbit or something?
There are some male characters:
3f1a6ac07320d242af80d695bcd930f3.jpg

then there are some female (male) characters:
poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

There's an Oni:
iu

But the vast majority of the better characters are female.
7lVKwEj.jpg
txEfRUe.jpg
Ebf1Qvj.jpg
zRCcaNw.jpg
mesT5XA.jpg
You also get to pick the gender of the main character who will represent "you" in the story, but the male one shows a lot of midriff and has longer hair than the female, so that's kind of a wash. Then again, Link isn't known for being hyper masculine.

But yea, the game's fun. If you never played gacha type games before, it's best to set your expectations for that piece of it early, but you can enjoy hundreds of hours of gameplay for totally free.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

I'm mostly interested in the botw clone aspect
It's a clone in as much as there's a ton of exploration, climbing, gliding, collecting stuff etc. There's not really a physics system that you can manipulate, but the actual battle system is leagues better than BotW and there's an interesting elemental system at play with different reactions depending on the elements involved. Just a heads up, the better areas are generally the later released ones, so for the first ~20 hours you'll be playing essentially the version 1.0 content. They get some fresh ideas and new puzzle types/exploration mechanics the further you go along. You probably have a good ~150 hours of content available if you like it, without rushing content or skipping things.

The general newbie advice here is to save all of your "primogems" which are the gacha currency, and pink "wishes". The blue "wishes" you can blow whenever you want. These are the materials you use to get new characters and some weapons. It's the only thing you can really mess up by wasting them until you understand what's going on. Everything else is farmable and largely inconsequential (like upgrading gear/characters/etc).

I recommend playing on PS5 or PC. PS4 is kind of a shit show performance wise and we have one phone player in this thread, he seems to get by.

Pejo

Potentially huge news here. The hit game Grasscutter finally has its own private server. Explore at your own discretion.

For those that want to play the game a patch or two behind without any gacha or grind. Maybe revert Rosaria changes and costume mods too, depends on how MHY treats it I guess.

Fuz

Banned
Potentially huge news here. The hit game Grasscutter finally has its own private server. Explore at your own discretion.

For those that want to play the game a patch or two behind without any gacha or grind. Maybe revert Rosaria changes and costume mods too, depends on how MHY treats it I guess.
Uhhh... what?

Fuz

Banned
Playing this thing offline removes like 40% of problems I have with this game. Its tempting indeed.
I mean. We still play it as a solo game.
On the other hand, you'd lose events and a reason to keep playing (farming). Also all the drama.

crumbs

Not sure how interested I would be in playing an off-line version of GI.

What would be interesting (since it allows you to control gacha and currency rates) is using this as a tool that allows you test drive characters with your own parameters/teams. The game's trials tend to suck or flat out misrepresent a character, so getting a better idea of how a limited time character plays with your actual roster would be helpful when deciding to spend wishes.

Pejo

Not sure how interested I would be in playing an off-line version of GI.

What would be interesting (since it allows you to control gacha and currency rates) is using this as a tool that allows you test drive characters with your own parameters/teams. The game's trials tend to suck or flat out misrepresent a character, so getting a better idea of how a limited time character plays with your actual roster would be helpful when deciding to spend wishes.
For me it's not to play it offline now, but I'm a huge fan of cataloguing games and having ways to pay them past when they go "offline". This offers that avenue eventually, and I think Genshin more than most service games stands on its own very well.

I wouldn't stop playing the live version though, the community aspect is one of the best parts for me, and you lose out on all of that if you're constantly a version or two behind.

*edit*

Slightly modified battle theme from 2.7.

Last edited:
Yep, I gave up on the 2nd day and just take whatever I get now. it's all paltry amounts of stuff anyways, so it doesn't really matter in the end.
I need the dosh because I'm a poor boy without battle pass. Especially now that I've stopped doing the daily artifact runs.

…wait…people actually DO That?

It’s the same amount of primogems every day…are the other rewards really worth that much hassle?
Well, I do. If I get the talent books or weapon upgrade ores in my world, I definitely looks for alternatives. Mora and exp are much harder to get and universally useful.

Pejo

So it looks like a few more leaks about the demon names of some future archons were leaked due to some Closed beta test unused voicelines. Nothing too interesting.
  • Buer = Dendro archon (not sure if the previous or current one) Venti specifically calls the old (previous) Dendro archon a "brawler"
  • Focalors = Hydro archon
  • Aym = Pyro archon

There's also talk of the Dendro archon design being based off of this character from Honkai, in a similar way that Venti, Yae, and Shogun were all loosely based off of Honkai characters:

thumb-1920-1131199.png

I only hope that if this is true, we also get the superior version of her

js1opgevifo41.jpg

Asher17

Neo Member
Hmm I wonder if that means the Dendro Archon will be a martial artist? That would mean a fist weapon type, unless they make her an irregular catalyst user.

Saber

Gold Member
Hmm I wonder if that means the Dendro Archon will be a martial artist? That would mean a fist weapon type, unless they make her an irregular catalyst user.

Nah.
I love the idea of punching as a new style or a real gunfire weapon(like a rifle), but lets not kid ourselves to think that devs who took ages to implement an element which already exists in the game to implement new weapon styles. No, at best it will be something like Shogun or Child with either a polearm or sword as base weapon, the selling point being either a waifu or husbandu and nothing more.

Pejo

I definitely think that they'll add new weapon types. There's no reason not to, and it would make it so that even long time players/whales have to roll gacha for new weapons.

I think we'll see:
  • Fist
  • Gun(s)
  • Scythe (a MHY favorite)
Speaking of weapons, I did Dvalin and Wolf bosses today and got prototypes from both, bow and book. It's been like a month or two since my last one

By the way, if anyone on the Americas server needs Geo boxes (weapon upgrade ore), that's what I have today.

crumbs

For me prototype drops come in bunches, I just had a couple of swords drop over the last 2 weeks, but nothing before that since maybe early February.

I've had a pretty even spread on the prototype weapons except that I've never has a bow drop from a boss. The bow prototypes I have are from the shops or event rewards.

deanote666

The ones from the current marvelous merchandise event. There's several kinds of boxes, and every world has a random one. If you want the rewards from a specific box, you'll have to join other people's games to see which one they've got.
Thanks. Didn't realize there was a co-op component.

Top Bottom