• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

My favorite part is that his mom didn't even paint Keqing looking happy about the situation.

Keqing's expression is probably the most accurate part of the portrait :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I'm trying to imagine how they came up with this composition:

Son: Mom, please draw me as a vaguely Asian dandy fop with a Chinese gacha character sitting on my lap.

Mom: I got you son. It will be my finest work.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Man this was a bit too much even for me...

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place
Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics
Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

> So she has given up on grand children I see.

Ahahahahahahahah

Come on guys, this is kinda cute.

Last edited:

deanote666

Got a Venti with 3 EM artifacts, 4pc ameno set, level 80 elegy of the end. atk 1239, 680 EM, 28.7% CR, 118.4% CD.

Is that a good build for him? Got other damage turrets going so not sure how much damage Venti is actually doing himself.

Figured it was about time to raise him up. I screenshotted the level 1 talents with current characters so there was no doubt about my neglect. (I did raise his talents after).

Last edited:

Pejo

Got a Venti with 3 EM artifacts, 4pc ameno set, level 80 elegy of the end. atk 1239, 680 EM, 28.7% CR, 118.4% CD.

Is that a good build for him? Got other damage turrets going so not sure how much damage Venti is actually doing himself.
He kinda falls off for most enemies past Liyue due to them not being affected much by his succ, but his main role is gather, battery for your party, and 4pc VV effect, so it sounds good to me. As long as your ER is enough to get his Burst back up around when it's on cooldown, you're Venti'ing correctly. At least the way I used to play him. I use Sucrose and Kaz now as my VV'ers for the EM buffs to the whole party.

Saber

Gold Member
From my long term use of Sucrose and Kaede, doesn't seem difficult to build anemo characters around 4-set anemo. Its a pretty straightfoward artifact set, even without appropriate stats and substats.

deanote666

Thanks for the info.

Ran Venti, Zhongli, Yae, Kokomi in the ameno artifact domain. Dropped the 5 turrets and then Venti's burst and finished in a total of 17 seconds so I guess he's ready.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I thought I was nearing the end of stuff to do, there's a guy on my friends list that has 613 achievements. Apparently I underestimated how many "Wonders of the World" achievements exist.

MHY mentioned adding a sort/search function for them in 2.7, so I'm not gonna go hog wild on those now, but I'm only at 583 achievements, so I must have a ton left to do with them.

Any of you guys in the 'Americas' server have Geo boxes today?

Pejo

Yes, I have Geo and I'm online now.

Edit: Not on online anymore, sorry I missed you.
Thanks for trying anyways. I give up on trying to coordinate these things, it's too small of an amount to really worry about. They'd have been smarter to put him in your teapot so people can just join and look on their own time if you have your teapot "open".

Pejo

Man farming talent books feels so shitty. I've gotten 0 purple books in the past 5 runs at the highest level (with condensed resin). And you need 16 of those fuckers to go from rank 9-10.

By the way, anybody know how the teapot friendship xp gets divided up? Like if I have 8 characters set in my teapot, do they all get 1/8th of the amount, or do they each get the whole amount? Is there an advantage to just have 1 character there if you want to max their friendship faster?

Saber

Gold Member
Man farming talent books feels so shitty. I've gotten 0 purple books in the past 5 runs at the highest level (with condensed resin). And you need 16 of those fuckers to go from rank 9-10.

By the way, anybody know how the teapot friendship xp gets divided up? Like if I have 8 characters set in my teapot, do they all get 1/8th of the amount, or do they each get the whole amount? Is there an advantage to just have 1 character there if you want to max their friendship faster?

Not sure how teapot friendship works tbh.
Also notice luck has being very shallow on domains recently. Last time I farmed talents for Beidou, the game barelly gave me mid tier gold talents(using all my condensed resins, just like you). I stop playing and spending resin nowadays though. I had enought of getting the same Timmy commissions everyday, so I log only to get gifts.

This is something that I was suspecting since I started played the game. They freely manipulate the drop rate, because all the sudden enemies are almost 60% time dropping artifacts(when they use to drop one or 2 per week). Like, its very weird.

Pejo

This is something that I was suspecting since I started played the game. They freely manipulate the drop rate, because all the sudden enemies are almost 60% time dropping artifacts(when they use to drop one or 2 per week). Like, its very weird.
That's such an interesting theory. I wonder the legality of doing something like that. It's technically not gacha, so it could skirt the normal gacha laws, but it technically could be paid for with whales that buy resin refreshes. Right now with literally nothing to do in the game, I could see them lowering drop rates to prevent players from getting ahead too much. Then again, I've played enough gacha games to know that true RNG can have all sorts of up and down patterns that don't effect the rates significantly over time. Just like how I got 2 weapon prototypes and zero purple talent books in the same week.

Fuz

Banned

Character design is already a million times better than the plain, shitty, boring, unimaginative of genshin except the fucking furry. And I see booba!

But I'm not gonna fall for the same trick twice.

Fuz

Banned
MHY mentioned adding a sort/search function for them in 2.7, so I'm not gonna go hog wild on those now, but I'm only at 583 achievements, so I must have a ton left to do with them.
594. Not an hardcore achievement hunter, toh.

I read some rumors that it was gonna be a multiplayer shooter, but apparently that was false. A shame, because I might have played that. As is, this just looks too similar to Honkai and Genshin. Why start another gacha with all the headaches that brings when the experience is so similar?

It kind annoys me too. We're in a crappy period in Genshin and instead of solving those problems they just announce a new game. Why didn't they just introduce these characters and mechanics in Genshin instead? I know the answer, no need to reply.

Pejo

God damn the animation and visuals are super fucking clean on that game. MHY is making western AAA devs look absolutely silly at this point considering this is probably also running on Unity.

I went into watching the trailer as "yea no way am I getting into another MHY game," but....

Yea I'll give that a shot. Shame it won't be a standalone game for $60 dollars, but they seem to have found their money making niche and I don't expect that to change. I need gameplay though, it looks like some of that was likely a preview of some character "ultimates", but most of it seemed to be pre-rendered story cutscene stuff. At least it was all in-engine though. Damn was that clean and polished.

Fuz

Banned
Just wiped twice at first phase of Childe. Ayayayayayato, Ayayayayayayaka, Fishsmell (|) and me as Kaz. Those two Ayayayayayayaya died in the first 10 seconds.
Guess they need more HP/DEF artifacts.
UHiZV.gif

Pejo

Just wiped twice at first phase of Childe. Ayayayayayato, Ayayayayayayaka, Fishsmell (|) and me as Kaz. Those two Ayayayayayayaya died in the first 10 seconds.
Guess they need more HP/DEF artifacts.
UHiZV.gif
First phase? Where he stands there and shoots water arrows?

SSfox

Played Genshoun the entire day today, took opportunity to 100% all the maps, North East side of Monstadt was a bit hard and the one that took more time. It's funny since it's the first area of the game lol.

Can't wait for next update and Kazuhou.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Apparently Hoyoverse already has over a million signups for ZZZ. Man they just can't miss these days.
Started as 3 high school kids with a 2D project now they're moving the gacha industry, I bet they couldn't have gotten where they are if they had been bought by tencent.

Fuz

Banned
Of course the new event is in Shitue.
I started to hate that stupid cheerful music.

yeahsure.jpg

Last edited:
And then when you try to give characters the food, a message pops up saying they're already at max friendship level. What a joke. Imagine you're a new player, and you don't have anyone in your pot yet. I'd be pissed. This has got to be the worst possible timing for an event like this.

Pejo

And then when you try to give characters the food, a message pops up saying they're already at max friendship level. What a joke. Imagine you're a new player, and you don't have anyone in your pot yet. I'd be pissed. This has got to be the worst possible timing for an event like this.
Agreed, I get that there's the delay and the COVID situation, but there's absolutely no reason to release this right now. If I were the director, I'd have just given a few double leylines/domains drop events or extend the Liben box trading bs if they need to stay on a primogem handout schedule. Not that I'm complaining about easy to get rewards, but it's pointless right now for a lot of people.

Fake

This all sittuation is a mess from both old players wanting a reason to stay and new players that can't edit teapot.

A total lack of administration. They should rely in some sort of plan B, but they're too busy with money.

Of all hard times this game got this is by far the worst.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've done it folks! In my foolish attempt to try to farm an EM Viridescent crown, I found what could quite possibly be the worst 5 star artifact ever rolled.

xxSYMiA.png
It's almost perfect in its uselessness. Unless it's the off-set piece for Yun Jin, I guess.

Asher17

Neo Member
It's almost perfect in its uselessness. Unless it's the off-set piece for Yun Jin, I guess.
It's still bad on her. No ER, and no crit rate to proc Favonius Lance. I feel like I'm Randy in the South Park episode where he wanted to show everyone how big of a deuce he dropped.

SSfox

The Tarta Xinyan event is my favorite i think, love the Dragonspine quest with Albedo and Eula too.

Last edited:

Pejo

Summer Archipelago was by far the best one in my opinion. For battle events, I still liked the first Misty Dungeon, where you could also use your own characters unlike the recent iteration of it.

I'm genuinely surprised they never did a rerun of Unreconciled Stars yet. It's such an important event story-wise and gave everyone a free Fischl.

Summer Archipelago was by far the best one in my opinion. For battle events, I still liked the first Misty Dungeon, where you could also use your own characters unlike the recent iteration of it.

I'm genuinely surprised they never did a rerun of Unreconciled Stars yet. It's such an important event story-wise and gave everyone a free Fischl.
I've been away for a very long time, and even I remember doing all that. Nothing better yet, eh? Did they ever add planet element, Dendro or whatever it's called? Did they do a good job with it? Did they do any more events that added a new environment? Did the Chasm turn out well? Are they still crazy prudes with the character designs? Are they still stupidly limiting item placement in the teapots? Any nice quality of life additions?

Fake

The first event of the game and the Mona event are by far the best.

The Mona event have the best art layout I ever saw.

Top Bottom