• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Already doing so, it's lvl 70. But not sure if it's worth refining? also i don't have stuffs to craft more weapons rn, already used those i had for Ayaka's weapon.
At R5 you do 28% more damage (not just an ATK buff) after 2 ticks of his Ult, or 1 Ult tick and an elemental skill. There aren't many weapons that give just a straight up damage increase.

Pejo

You're not considering something.
Kaz has low CD on his elemental skill. Quickly do 3 jumps to charge the sword, start the event, burst and you'll have the burst charged again and you're just waiting for its cooldown.
It's not terrible for him, it's a fine F2P weapon, but the sting is better for the EM alone, nevermind the dmg buff. He shits out party wide EM buffs based on his EM stat, and since you use him in elemental teams, and for swirls, it really adds up to focus on EM as a stat for him. Kinda like Raiden Shogun and ER.

SSfox

At R5 you do 28% more damage (not just an ATK buff) after 2 ticks of his Ult, or 1 Ult tick and an elemental skill. There aren't many weapons that give just a straight up damage increase.
Yeah, but i'll make him support, so won't focus too much on adding him more damages, i mean it will depends mostly on the artefacts RNG as well.

Asher17

Neo Member
You're not considering something.
Kaz has low CD on his elemental skill. Quickly do 3 jumps to charge the sword, start the event, burst and you'll have the burst charged again and you're just waiting for its cooldown.
The flaw in your plan is that you won't be able to use his E skill Hold and maintain the same energy gains. I use the Hold variant quite a bit, especially in Abyss where Mihoyo likes to spread out smaller enemies.

Also his elemental damage buff is based on EM. You should try to get your ER through substats if possible.

Fuz

Banned
The flaw in your plan is that you won't be able to use his E skill Hold and maintain the same energy gains. I use the Hold variant quite a bit, especially in Abyss where Mihoyo likes to spread out smaller enemies.

Also his elemental damage buff is based on EM. You should try to get your ER through substats if possible.
I use hold a lot too, but my burst is *always* full.
EDIT: I play with anemo resonance pretty much all the time, mostly for run speed. Got used to it and can't live without.

Plus, he looks cool, which is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:

Pejo

Plus, he looks cool, which is the only thing that matters.
I literally have no argument against the rule of cool.
thumb-1920-1187511.jpg

Kaz had one of the best non-traveler moments in the game, IMO. Even though it didn't make any sense as far as lore, nobody questioned it at the time, and nobody talked about it since.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Asher17

Neo Member
Kaz had one of the best non-traveler moments in the game, IMO. Even though it didn't make any sense as far as lore, nobody questioned it at the time, and nobody talked about it since.
I don't follow all the fan theories on lore so maybe I'm missing something important, but I think it actually did make sense based on lore.

If Visions are granted based on ambition, and Kazuha activated a Vision that wasn't his, then at that moment his ambition was the same as the original owner of said Vision.

Pejo

I don't follow all the fan theories on lore so maybe I'm missing something important, but I think it actually did make sense based on lore.

If Visions are granted based on ambition, and Kazuha activated a Vision that wasn't his, then at that moment his ambition was the same as the original owner of said Vision.
Thematically it makes sense, but that attack was supposedly unblockable/unavoidable. This is the same Shogun that sliced an island and giant snake god in half in one slice. I get that it was Tomo's ambition to see the hitachi-no-whatever, but it doesn't make sense that someone holding his unactivated vision should have had that kind of power.

Asher17

Neo Member
Thematically it makes sense, but that attack was supposedly unblockable/unavoidable. This is the same Shogun that sliced an island and giant snake god in half in one slice. I get that it was Tomo's ambition to see the hitachi-no-whatever, but it doesn't make sense that someone holding his unactivated vision should have had that kind of power.
I have a theory on that: The Visions are granted by Celestia, and Raiden threw away her Gnosis, so her power is not connected to Celestia(this we know). Kazuha was tapping into collective power from Celestia that was able to overpower Raiden's power - having 2 or more Visions active could increase power exponentially(imagine having a 5 star character with 2 different C6 Constellation sets).

That would be massively telling about how strong Celestia/The Heavenly Principles really are.

Fake

5* chars usually don't need powerful weapons. In Kazuha case, most of the 4* weapons are good for him besides the DEF.

Pejo

I think they'll definitely give us some compensation if the patch is delayed, especially past a week or 3. I wouldn't expect 5k gems and 10 wishes though.

I'll settle for a free Shinobu so I don't have to roll on the Itto banner. We cool with that MHY?

SSfox

I just wish they put Gouro on someone else than Itto's banner, idw Itto constellation he's already broken at C0 and don't want to make him more broken.

Last edited:
I just wish they put Gouro on someone else than Itto's banner, idk Itto constellation he's already broken at C0 and don't want to make him more broken.
Maybe on a future geo character, or Albedo/Zhongli rerun. He's completely useless for anything other than a heavily geo-based team, so I doubt they'll put him on many other banners.

SSfox

Maybe on a future geo character, or Albedo/Zhongli rerun. He's completely useless for anything other than a heavily geo-based team, so I doubt they'll put him on many other banners.
I feel like he's gonna be on Itto banner cause just it make sens, like put Rasa with Ayaka and Sara with Raiden. But if there will be double banner with Itto i'll put on the other one either it's Xiao or Yelan.

I feel like he's gonna be on Itto banner cause just it make sens, like put Rasa with Ayaka and Sara with Raiden. But if there will be double banner with Itto i'll put on the other one either it's Xiao or Yelan.
Yeah the soonest opportunity will definitely be Itto's rerun. As far as we know it will be Itto on his own, so no other banner unfortunately.

Pejo

Hey Fuz Fuz - you used a map or guide or something for the sigil locations in Enkanomiya, right? I scoured all of the islands in both daytime and night time and still have 5 extra sigils, so I need to find the puzzle that they go to. Can you point me towards what you used to find them?

Fuz

Banned
Hey Fuz Fuz - you used a map or guide or something for the sigil locations in Enkanomiya, right? I scoured all of the islands in both daytime and night time and still have 5 extra sigils, so I need to find the puzzle that they go to. Can you point me towards what you used to find them?
No.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pinky And The Brain Crying GIF by HULU

(There's an easter egg on that post)
Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

*edit*

Man they really fleshed out this interactive map. It even keeps track of how much of each type of wood that I currently have in my inventory.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Finally got around to finishing up the Chasm.

- I liked the story and the additions to the lore were appreciated.
- It was a little awkward how the Dainsleif stuff kinda hijacked the main quest as you explored the mines.
- I like the design of the underground portion much more than the above ground part. Actually, the above ground Chasm reminded me a lot of the rest of Liyue - lots of space that's a little thin on content. You'd climb and jump your way to a high point and find jack sh*t most of the time. The Lumberpick area in the NE portion is especially devoid of content, like they added it just for the one quest.
- This is probably a mobile game limitation, but I wish the game had some upgraded designs for important NPCs. Just some unique details or design elements that differentiate them from generic NPC models. Characters like Zhiqiong would be more memorable with a distinctive design rather than the standard female adventurers' guild model.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like Ayaka's banners are getting extended, and we're getting that "spices of the west" event that they supposedly scrapped. Shit, this notice pushes the date of 2.7 out until at least June. That fucking sucks.

Finally got around to finishing up the Chasm.

- I liked the story and the additions to the lore were appreciated.
I still wanna know what that mushroom is all about. He dropped some potentially heavy stuff.
- I like the design of the underground portion much more than the above ground part. Actually, the above ground Chasm reminded me a lot of the rest of Liyue - lots of space that's a little thin on content. You'd climb and jump your way to high point and find jack sh*t most of the time. The Lumberpick area in the NE portion is especially devoid of content, like they added it just for the one quest.
Yea The outside could have just been a small camp for the miners and the ditch. I felt that the whole outside was frustrating to navigate. I guess it serves as a visual spectacle of what the nail did externally when it hit, so that's something.
- This is probably a mobile game limitation, but I wish the game had some upgraded designs for important NPCs. Just some unique details or design elements that differentiate them from generic NPC models. Characters like Zhiqiong would be more memorable with a distinctive design rather than the standard female adventurers' guild model.
Yea Zhiqiong deserved a real model, or at least a special outfit. Great character and more thought provoking than most other NPCs. The world lore/world quest team at MHY is just fantastic and they keep getting better. You can always tell it's them in the non-voiced quests because of the much higher quality of narrative, dialogue, and quest points are.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah, I saw the notice. More like a re-run of a re-run.

Well...its not like are any better for this game. I'm willing to risk they could even scrap the teapot, judging the amount of content they promise to implement(remember the leveling the fishes) but never implemented. My first area still pretty much incomplete with walls thanks to them, and that introduction video of teapot could be even be qualify as false ad.

Apparently Ayaka's banner was set to last 240 days, but it seems like they changed it to "before version 2.6 ends" which is still rather vague. Still funny though.

The devs are really showing how inflexible they are. They could've done any other banner, be it someone linked to the festival (which in hindsight they should've probably extended) like Albedo, Klee, Kazuha, Yoimiya or even a Mona/Jean/whatever banner to keep things fresh. But no, we're just going to extend the same banner for several weeks. No reruns of previous events, seemingly no compensation, nothing. Just weak.

crumbs

The 400 primos per week amount makes me think this is delay is going to last a month. 400 x4 weeks =1600 primos or exactly enough for a 10 pull. Hope that's not the case.

Saber

Gold Member
The 400 primos per week amount makes me think this is delay is going to last a month. 400 x4 weeks =1600 primos or exactly enough for a 10 pull. Hope that's not the case.

I would guess this is their "safety" amount, since at best garantees a 10 pull.

Pejo

Well the current "phase III" events list to run through early June, so yea 1 month would be my guess at their estimation of how long this will be delayed.

Regarding the banners, I really wish they'd have changed it up a bit, but I'd have most likely just been in "save for Yelan" mode no matter what they ran. So in that case, Ayaka extension is as good as any other banner (for me personally).

Pejo

Now is the time to rerun old events
Totally agree, but since their content pipeline is probably planned out pretty far in advance, it's probably as difficult to throw in a random event rerun as it would be to just launch the new patch at this point. Since it's rumored that it's mostly just the VA stuff keeping them from releasing the patch, they should have just done it with whatever missing dialogue. I'm sure there are logistical issues for releasing a major version update while being stuck in their homes though.

Hoyoverse, please don't financially hurt yourselves even more than you already are in a situation that you couldn't control. Fragile resins are great, I'm sure people would be accepting of just them as a reward, but primogems are a loss you shouldn't really be taking
Man this one just keeps making me dumbfounded each time I re-read it. Is there a chance it's satire? I really do understand that the situation in CN is bad right now, but holy shit the disconnect from how reality works.

crumbs

My prediction on this delay: I'm going to have plenty of time to play other games.

This would also be the perfect time for a Jean rate-up banner. My reasoning: I want Jean and haven't has any luck getting her when losing the 50/50.

Pejo

No.

To be honest, I would also think "they owe us nothing for this", IF they weren't always been such miserable pieces of shit to the playerbase.
Oh yea, I don't disagree with the fact that they should focus on staying healthy and people can get by without new content added for a month or however long But to say that a company that's raked in over a billion dollars for this game is going to go out of business for "losing" primogems (no actual real world value). I just can't believe somebody would be so disconnected from reality.

Asher17

Neo Member
Some people just really enjoy being cucked.

In any case, I wish they would at least revert the Teapot maintenance so I can mess around with it again, or bring back some Windtrace to give everyone something to do.

Fake

Some people just really enjoy being cucked.

In any case, I wish they would at least revert the Teapot maintenance so I can mess around with it again, or bring back some Windtrace to give everyone something to do.

Imagine starting to play GI for the firsr time, make the teapot quest and leave the teapot world empty.
Lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom