• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

What did you do all those ley lines for? Are you leveling an obscene amount of characters or what? I literally only do them when there's double rewards.

It's impossible to know which banner contributed the most because we just get total revenue numbers. Venti was never very popular in JP apparently, so it's likely they spent for Ayato.

Unfortunatelly I'm the 1% of player base who uses more than 12 characters.

Also didn't know Venti was unpopular on Japan. So they do like Ayato, kinda weird.

Pejo

Gold Member
And maybe the KFC Glider.
Man I wish. I really wanted that glider but I refused to spend a dime on Twitch. If they'd have just let me buy it for 10 bucks, I'd have done it. Or preferably by enjoying one of KFC's Famous Bowls™.

crumbs

Color-matched personalized gliders would have been so much better as the Lvl 10 Friendship reward than the name cards.

Shows how lacking the glider color choices are that we'll take a KFC one just to get something that works with red-themed characters.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Color-matched personalized gliders would have been so much better as the Lvl 10 Friendship reward than the name cards.

Shows how lacking the glider color choices that we'll take a KFC one just to get something that works with red-themed characters.
Totally agree. I wish they'd stop with the namecards or do something else with them. you can only have one at a time featured on your main profile pic, which nobody ever looks at and then 9 of them inside the profile, which nobody ever looks at. They really need something else to do with the Friendship mechanic in general. Even if we could dye the existing gliders to a character's theme once getting them to 10, that'd be a big improvement.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
IMO they should just add glider and character skin color swaps to the gacha. Maybe weapon skins too.

Unfortunatelly I'm the 1% of player base who uses more than 12 characters.
This makes me curious what the average amount of leveled characters per account is. I have 20 characters leveled to at least 80. Ten of those are fully leveled to 90. I still have a bunch of mora and exp materials as well.

crumbs

I'm at WL8 - Here's my character breakdown:

Total Characters - 31
5 stars - 10 (including the traveler)
4 stars - 21

I have 16 characters leveled to at least 80/90 and equipped with artifacts, talents, and weapons that make them viable at WL8. (3 are at 90, 5 at 85, 8 at 80)
I have 7 characters that have some investment, but are not viable for use at WL8.
I have 8 characters that have seen no investment other than leveling them to Lvl 20 for the free wish.

Saber

This makes me curious what the average amount of leveled characters per account is. I have 20 characters leveled to at least 80. Ten of those are fully leveled to 90. I still have a bunch of mora and exp materials as well.

I have like 14 at 90. Most of them are 4 stars, so that makes leveling less trouplesome than 5 stars. Still, most of my weapons are 4 stars as well. Also I'm almost aways poor, back at the streets of Moonstad.

Pejo

Gold Member
I have every character (that I have) leveled to 90 except Bennett/Waterboi/Aloy/Gorou/Kaeya, who are at 20 for the free wishes. All character talents to at least 7 across the board, all friendship rank 10 except Waterboi who's currently at 9. Weapons to at least 80 for everyone, 90 for any "carry" dps characters and my 2 main teams. I have all my actively played DPS characters talents to at least 9/9/9, only 3 characters triple crowned (Childe/Eula/Yoimiya). Currently working on bringing up all my actively used supports to -/9/9 across the board but I have to detour into Mora leylines because of how fucking expensive it is. I also take extended breaks leveling weapons to 90 because of the high number of upgrade stones needed between 80-90 and trying to actively farm ore is like scraping my face across a shale driveway.

Artifacts are an absolute mess except for like 6 characters, everybody else is using unleveled mixed pieces or Gladiator/Severed Fate/Wanderer's extras and some time berserkers 4* sets just for the crit%. Not even my supports on my "main" teams have good artifacts, and I usually stop leveling them at +12 unless the substat rolls have been kind to me up to that point. Well, I also level any damage type% goblets I get to 20 just to see what they roll, since they'll all likely be useful at one point or another. To this day, I've only even done 4 different artifact domains, the rest I haven't even entered yet. I look at Artifacts as the final step of character progression even though it provides a huge boost to character strength. I just hate the RNG on it and it frustrated me to no end just trying to get a good Millelith set for Zhongli. They absolutely should set it up such that the day of the week determines which artifact slot drops. So like Monday -> Flower, Tuesday -> Feather, etc. That way, at least getting a set (even a shitty one) is possible in a reasonable amount of time and resin. That, at the barest minimum, should be removed from RNG.

Fuz

Banned

GI01.jpg

GI02.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
So uh....

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Anyone wanna let me come into their world and farm Specters? I need them for Kokomi's talents and I'm out in my world.

Saber

So uh....

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Anyone wanna let me come into their world and farm Specters? I need them for Kokomi's talents and I'm out in my world.

Specters are those little fucking orbs that resists to everything?

You're more than welcome to kill them in my world as well.

Pejo

Gold Member
Specters are those little fucking orbs that resists to everything?

You're more than welcome to kill them in my world as well.
Yea Yoimiya + Shogun deletes them in a few hits, I just vastly underestimated how many of their drops I was going to need for weapons/talents.

Saber

Yea Yoimiya + Shogun deletes them in a few hits, I just vastly underestimated how many of their drops I was going to need for weapons/talents.

Are you desparare need now? I can log if you want. I never bother to kill those monsters.

deanote666

Gold Member
Since everyone's showing their hands.

I have 19 characters field ready (if you count Barb, Kokomi as dedicated healers)

c3pr0rE.jpg
B46bCSE.jpg
VfqBsn7.jpg
OfqDKuZ.jpg
EFl7bgZ.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Since everyone's showing their hands.

I have 19 characters field ready (if you count Barb, Kokomi as dedicated healers)

c3pr0rE.jpg
B46bCSE.jpg
VfqBsn7.jpg
OfqDKuZ.jpg
EFl7bgZ.jpg
Those weapons....

The Original Series Hangover GIF by Star Trek

No wonder you're always farming ore. Do you live on the weapon banner or did you just get lucky on standard banner?

Last edited:

crumbs

So did you get you specters last night? I was AFK a couple times last night while playing, so if you tried to join my world and were not able to, I apologize.

deanote666

Gold Member
Those weapons....

The Original Series Hangover GIF by Star Trek

No wonder you're always farming ore. Do you live on the weapon banner or did you just get lucky on standard banner?
I've actually skipped a lot of weapon banners. Gotten some from the standard banner.

Amos bow gutted my purple xp gems, trying to stay north of 600 crystal chunks but not going well.

Mora keeps my purple xp gem usage in check as my Mora pouch emulates Mona's.

Saber

Did the game really made that sister gives a sermon about how should I act and use my strenght for? Like, really? Who the fuck is that bitch to tell me what I can or not do? Lol

The game even gave me an archievment. I aways hated how they handled child characters in GI, but now I know why Reddit hates so much this fucking retarded bastard. The little cretin didn't even gave a single fuck about traveler and just told he was gonna ask his father to handles him. I really hope this kid dies.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
So did you get you specters last night? I was AFK a couple times last night while playing, so if you tried to join my world and were not able to, I apologize.
I tried to join your world and noticed that it was WL8, so I couldn't join it since I'm a wee baby that hasn't done my final uncap quest yet. Thanks for hanging around regardless. I found some strangers that let me in.
I thought I had one of the highest investment Chongyuns, but I guess not :messenger_grinning_sweat: :
My Chongus is 90 now too, I needed him to make main DPS Shenhe viable unfortunately and got annoyed when he kept dying to random hits.

Asher17

Neo Member
I guess I'll make my entrance to the thread with this:

2PPgAum.png

wdEYu16.png

RTiYvwb.png

A few things to note:

I made some dubious choices refining weapons before I realized how rare billets were. I got a bunch of lucky drops early on and thought that was normal.

I kind of regret buying battle passes, but this was my first gacha game and I wanted the whole "experience," so I spent a bit just for fun. I don't plan to spend any more money on the game.

I decided not to fear rolling on the weapon banner, and my luck has been extremely good at getting what I want on it.

Also, most of my artifacts are trash. I've been trying to spend as little time as possible in artifact domains.

Pejo

Gold Member
So crumbs crumbs indirect dig at me for being unable to join his world to farm specters caused me to finally do my last Adventurer rank uncap quest. After doing so immediately bumped up to WL8 and AR59 and 1/2.
MdgxzQh.jpg

Got enough blue fates from that to do a full 10 pull on standard banner, which got me Lisa C7. Sure wish I'd have done that before and saved myself from buying her from the shop last time. Ah well.

Initially, nothing feels any tougher at all in the overworld, but the material bosses take a little longer to kill. Can still 1-shot the bathysmal vishaps though.

I was bummed to find out that there is zero increase on the amount of Mora you get from leylines, it still caps out at 60k for a single or 120k for a double/condensed resin.

Any of you guys do the "Fraught Return" achievement in the Challenger V category yet? I'm having issues stopping the slimes from joining in the center without killing them.

*edit*

New web event for those that haven't done it yet.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Apparently you're supposed to use geo traveler's burst.
Yea I looked up a video and that's what they did. Got it on my 2nd try. Now I'm just waiting for my friend so we can do our weekly boss run so I can try Signora with no butterflies, then I have all of that achievement group done.

crumbs

So crumbs crumbs indirect dig at me for being unable to join his world to farm specters caused me to finally do my last Adventurer rank uncap quest. After doing so immediately bumped up to WL8 and AR59 and 1/2.
MdgxzQh.jpg

Got enough blue fates from that to do a full 10 pull on standard banner, which got me Lisa C7. Sure wish I'd have done that before and saved myself from buying her from the shop last time. Ah well.

Initially, nothing feels any tougher at all in the overworld, but the material bosses take a little longer to kill. Can still 1-shot the bathysmal vishaps though.

I was bummed to find out that there is zero increase on the amount of Mora you get from leylines, it still caps out at 60k for a single or 120k for a double/condensed resin.

Any of you guys do the "Fraught Return" achievement in the Challenger V category yet? I'm having issues stopping the slimes from joining in the center without killing them.

*edit*

New web event for those that haven't done it yet.
for real oh snap GIF by Denyse®

World Level 8 is where the Real True Genshin Impacting action starts! Better start leveling up your Waterboi and Benny to be able to hang with the WL8 crowd.

Just kidding, as you've already seen, nothing really changes and the enemies drops are very slightly mildly marginally better. Feel free to leave Xingqiu on the bench.

BJK

Finally tracked down my last 5 electroculi, using the resonance stones to find them. Most of them I hadn’t ever seen, since they were hanging in midair. (Thank you, Seirai Island!) Venti + Red Feather fan = glide down from highest heights for an easy pickup.

Finishing the statue gave me enough sigils to finish the Sakura…which gave me another achievement….showing me I was at 299/300 treasure chests in Inazuma from another achievement.

Trying to find the new sigil store, I stumbled onto a Chest that had been hidden in plain sight, along the western edge of Inazuma City. 3 major achievements within 5 minutes of one another!

…and since everyone else is doing it, I’m posting my roster (albeit in text, since I feel too lazy to upload).

Childe C1 7/7/6 @ Rust R5
Jean C0 10/10/10 @ Primordial Jade Cutter R1
Ganyu C0 10/8/10 @ Skyward Harp R1
Raiden Shogun C0 10/8/8 @ Primordial Jade Winged-Spear R1
Zhongli C1 10/10/10 @ Staff of Homa R1
Yae Miko C0 6/8/6 @ Oathsworn Eye R5
Venti C0 6/5/8 @ Stringless R3
Eula C0 6/4/5 @ Luxurious Sea-Lord R5
Keqing C1 9/7/7 @ Lion’s Roar R4
Diluc C1 5/5/5 @ Blackcliff Slasher R1
Qiqi C0 4/5/5 @ Sacrificial Sword R5
Aloy C0 6/4/2 @ Predator R1