• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Uh....

ikbrxyn4p8ta1.jpg

So she's like Yaoyao? The cat behind you gets a shield but you don't? I'm gonna chalk this up to a bad translation. Cool if she heals/shields though, I can fit that in a lot of teams.
Shield + heal would indeed be good, but she's a 4* and also if she do both, she's not gonna do well neither.

Is it known what weapon Kirara uses? Kinda hoping for Heizou-style melee attacks with a catalyst so we can throw Prototype Amber on her for some healing.

Saber

Looks like the next patch will bring you a way to quick swap your gadgets. Lol, it only took them years to finally implement. At that speed Xynian might be fixed in the next 5 years, when the servers closes.

Good skill, sounds fun to play, good design. What's going on here? Is this just a late MHY April Fool's joke?

Sounds like Dendro Zhongli with a Sayu rolling/bouncing mode. Burst only 60 energy too and it does over 900% damage. That's nearly double of Dehya's.

Color me impressed. She's bound to get nerfed to hell in the beta with a kit like that.

I would rather wait and see for myself how she fairs. Gameplay videos aways do a better explanation than this piece of info.

Is it known what weapon Kirara uses? Kinda hoping for Heizou-style melee attacks with a catalyst so we can throw Prototype Amber on her for some healing.

Shes a sword user I think.

Last edited:
I'm back to the game after ignoring everything besides dailies and events since 3.2. I've kept with the lore somewhat and am just now exploring the whole desert region. I have to do Nahida/Cyno/Al-haitham/Dehya missions, the Caribet Archon Quest, and the new Nahida story mission... I'm glad I'm feeling that urge to immerse myself in this game again.

I booted it up as soon as the patch went live late last night and had 400 wishes to spend. Used only 90 wishes and got satisfied with the results: 1 Nahida, 2 Kuki (C4), a Dori (C1), a single Layla (C0), and a Beidou (C6 since 1.1) + A Key for my Nilou in a single 10 Pull. This motivated me, even more, to finally build a team around bloom reactions. Now I just need a Kokomi to make my life easier for both Freeze and Bloom teams.

Guess I'll be busy building characters this week, but having 1000+ fodder gold artifacts will help to get some nice HP% Tenacity for Nilou and I think I have some cracked Wandering Troupe and Lost Paradise for Nilou somewhere in my inventory. Now I just need to farm good deep wood pieces... I'm happy that being a hoarder pays off when I finally decide to spend resources since I have 110+ million mora and all the boss/enemy drops to upgrade and ascension materials for both characters and weapons.

Feels good to be back now that I have a little more time.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh great. Another HP-scaling character without a weapon to use.
s-l1600.jpg

I would rather wait and see for myself how she fairs. Gameplay videos aways do a better explanation than this piece of info.
For sure. We have seen a notable pattern that 4*s are NOT allowed to be good anymore until c6, if at all. And she's not even from Liyue to get the Liyue Bonus™

Still, based on what info we have, that kit sounds pretty great.

I'm back to the game after ignoring everything besides dailies and events since 3.2. I've kept with the lore somewhat and am just now exploring the whole desert region. I have to do Nahida/Cyno/Al-haitham/Dehya missions, the Caribet Archon Quest, and the new Nahida story mission... I'm glad I'm feeling that urge to immerse myself in this game again.

I booted it up as soon as the patch went live late last night and had 400 wishes to spend. Used only 90 wishes and got satisfied with the results: 1 Nahida, 2 Kuki (C4), a Dori (C1), a single Layla (C0), and a Beidou (C6 since 1.1) + A Key for my Nilou in a single 10 Pull. This motivated me, even more, to finally build a team around bloom reactions. Now I just need a Kokomi to make my life easier for both Freeze and Bloom teams.

Guess I'll be busy building characters this week, but having 1000+ fodder gold artifacts will help to get some nice HP% Tenacity for Nilou and I think I have some cracked Wandering Troupe and Lost Paradise for Nilou somewhere in my inventory. Now I just need to farm good deep wood pieces... I'm happy that being a hoarder pays off when I finally decide to spend resources since I have 110+ million mora and all the boss/enemy drops to upgrade and ascension materials for both characters and weapons.

Feels good to be back now that I have a little more time.
Nice haul. I think the voiced main story quests have had a pretty big uptick in quality in Sumeru, so you will probably enjoy those quests. The desert areas all have significant and expansive underground areas which are both cool but also annoying because there's no in-game map to help navigate them.

At least MHY updated their official interactive map to have the underground areas so you can keep track of stuff.

Official Genshin Interactive Map

Pejo

Reminder that the Amazon Prime Genshin drop #6 ends today, so go redeem your code if you have Prime. This one is just a resin moon and some garbage, but the new Glider should be coming soon and I think you need 6 out of the 8 drops to get it.

*edit*

New upcoming event bow. Looks good for Faruzan or maybe budget Melt Ganyu?

yozn9dbagfta1.png

*edit*

3.7 upcoming content. Looks like we got ourselves a Filler Patch™ boys.
ogjh9jaw5gta1.png

Last edited:

Fake

Reminder that the Amazon Prime Genshin drop #6 ends today, so go redeem your code if you have Prime. This one is just a resin moon and some garbage, but the new Glider should be coming soon and I think you need 6 out of the 8 drops to get it.

*edit*

New upcoming event bow. Looks good for Faruzan or maybe budget Melt Ganyu?

yozn9dbagfta1.png

Looks for Faruzan alright, reminds me that Fiz bow that give physical damage.

The effect looks a bit weak? In comparison with others bows for elemental reaction.

Pejo

Who the fuck remember the name of events? I'm always confused even when they ask about them in surveys.
Yea I had to look them up too. I found out that the main reason for this is that in native CN, this flowery description and text stuff makes a lot more sense and is often like a metaphor or something. Then when it's translated it just becomes some random bullshit.

Anyways,
  • Divine Ingenuity - Mario Maker level designer where we can make our own levels and share them. The event part just requires we do a few pre-built ones though.
  • Legend of the Vagabond Sword - Boss rush
  • Fayz Trials - One of those wave based Abyss-lite modes where you pick buffs. These all blend together for me.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Got Cookie with first multi
tXaDc.gif

Tempted to pull more and try for const.

Anyway, gave her the umbrella (because it was 90 already and it looks good on her) and Paradise Lost arti, but I'm not sure... I don't really enjoy dendro reactions, maybe I'll build her as a full healer - more versatile. Suggestions?

Last edited:

Pejo

Got Cookie with first multi
tXaDc.gif

Tempted to pull more and try for const.

Anyway, gave her the umbrella (because it was 90 already and it looks good on her) and Paradise Lost arti, but I'm not sure... I don't really enjoy dendro reactions, maybe I'll build her as a full healer - more versatile. Suggestions?
If it were me, I'd still stack EM on her with HP to fill in the gaps, then maybe use a Healing Bonus hat if you want more from her heals.

She's great in Dendro/Electro-Charged/Physical teams, so there's a lot of potential to use her. Not great with Pyro because of very frequent overloads, unless you enjoy chasing things down. That Xiphos Moonlight sword we were talking about the other day is a great 4* option for a weapon for her.

I run 4pc Milelith on her which will pretty much always be active.

Her elemental burst mostly sucks and is just used for little bits of bonus damage here or there, so ATK feels wasted.

*edit*

Full 3D model for Kirara:
x5cbebvqvita1.png

Kirara's box cat thing:
jsuem6hrvita1.png

Last edited:

Pejo

I'll be honest, I have nothing bad to say about her.
  • Provides Dendro shield on skill instead of burst. (main point. I need this for a few teams)
  • Has enhanced speed mode for traversal
  • Has cool animations (that you'll never see bc her atk are %s are gonna suck)
  • Not overly censored
  • Decent design
  • Sword user for Sacrificial Sword memes if necessary
The burst kinda sucks and her Dendro application kinda sucks, but niether of those things are that important to me. 60 energy burst (for now) means you won't have to go crazy with ER to keep it cycling.

Not bad MHY, not bad.

v3.7 redeemed:

Pretty cool but I don't even switch gadgets that often anymore. Maybe they're going to have Fontaine necessitate 2+ gadgets simultaneously, so they're releasing this now?

No Dehya, and 142 wishes to get Nilou. I lost the previous two 50/50s too, so this really hurts. Nilou just doesn't seem worth that much investment to me. I had around 350 wishes and lost a third just to get this one character. Feels bad man. Fortunately we've got some time to go 'till Fontaine so I can save up again.

Cookie is C6 though, so that's good. Also got two copies of Layla and two Doris. And finally the Sac Sword came to me. Overall it's not too bad a haul I guess, but I was hoping to be a bit luckier.

Nilou seems pretty neat. Groups of enemies die so fast with her blooms, it's kinda busted. Her team restrictions make it somewhat difficult to slot her in in Abyss. I'll have to test her some more.

Fake

Pejo Pejo It is really a dendro shield? Or just a shield?

I remember Dr.Baizhu just crrating a shield as well, not strong against Dendro element.

Pejo

No Dehya, and 142 wishes to get Nilou. I lost the previous two 50/50s too, so this really hurts. Nilou just doesn't seem worth that much investment to me. I had around 350 wishes and lost a third just to get this one character. Feels bad man. Fortunately we've got some time to go 'till Fontaine so I can save up again.

Cookie is C6 though, so that's good. Also got two copies of Layla and two Doris. And finally the Sac Sword came to me. Overall it's not too bad a haul I guess, but I was hoping to be a bit luckier.

Nilou seems pretty neat. Groups of enemies die so fast with her blooms, it's kinda busted. Her team restrictions make it somewhat difficult to slot her in in Abyss. I'll have to test her some more.

That song is gold. Did you actually get Qiqi or just some other standard 5*?

Sac Sword and Cookie c6 are the best parts of your haul there. Nilou is in a much better spot now than she was when she released. Back then you only had Tighnari, Collei, and Dendravler.

In unrelated news, I also rolled on Nilou trying to get her C1 and I got 2 Doris and Nilou C1 in 20 pulls.

*edit*

Pejo Pejo It is really a dendro shield? Or just a shield?

I remember Dr.Baizhu just crrating a shield as well, not strong against Dendro element.
The skill description says it briefly applies Dendro to her when she uses it and absorbs Dendro with 250% efficiency, so it's a true Dendro shield.

Last edited:
That song is gold. Did you actually get Qiqi or just some other standard 5*?

Sac Sword and Cookie c6 are the best parts of your haul there. Nilou is in a much better spot now than she was when she released. Back then you only had Tighnari, Collei, and Dendravler.

In unrelated news, I also rolled on Nilou trying to get her C1 and I got 2 Doris and Nilou C1 in 20 pulls.
Yeah, I got Qiqi. She's C3 now. I wish her cons didn't suck so bad.

At least someone's getting lucky today.

I still have to check Kirara's leaks, but I doubt I'll be pulling on her banner anyway so I'm not very excited for her yet.

Fake

The skill description says it briefly applies Dendro to her when she uses it and absorbs Dendro with 250% efficiency, so it's a true Dendro shield.

About time. I guess gonna try on Baizhu banner.

Yeah, I got Qiqi. She's C3 now. I wish her cons didn't suck so bad.

At least someone's getting lucky today.

I still have to check Kirara's leaks, but I doubt I'll be pulling on her banner anyway so I'm not very excited for her yet.

Can't be worst than Xiao cons, right?

Last edited:

Fake

I'm not familiar with his constellations, but I'm pretty sure Qiqi has the worst cons of anyone in the game.

- He get 100% DEF if his health is bellow 50%.
- He get 20% ER if is in your team, but not in battle.

Can't say for Qiqi, but for a dps Xiao have shit cons.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
- He get 100% DEF if his health is bellow 50%.
- He get 20% ER if is in your team, but not in battle.

Can't say for Qiqi, but for a dps Xiao have shit cons.
Good, so he's complete "out of the box" and you don't have to pull for more.
D8TTC.gif

Btw, is the new weekly boss next patch?

Saber

I saw her gameplay....not sure it stick to me.
I mean it looks a bit weirds and some of her animations is just pure cat bait stuff rather than something more meaninfull. Also, not sure I understand her elemental skill hold, it's looks weird to me imo.

I think she's not for me. Perhaps I will go for Al haithan and in the meantime win some of Yun Jin cons if any luck.

Pejo

Also, not sure I understand her elemental skill hold, it's looks weird to me imo.
Just think Sayu. Same mechanic but instead of swirl it does a Dendro shield.

*edit*

Wow, first faster movement skill that lets you also climb faster:

Love it.

Last edited:

Fake

Sayu skill hold is a lots of fun, but the swirl plus infusion really make her unique.

Is she do damage while became a robot? Or just for protection/reposition like Fish?

Pejo

Didn't have much time to play today, but managed to unlock all of the new domains and teleporters in the new location. Lots of fascinating stuff on display just from running around.

Can't wait to see what's going on with the fake sky which has been teased as far back as version 1.2 by Scaramouche, which we can clearly see locked in a struggle with that tree.

Haven't done any of the new story quests yet, just exploring around a bit. Kinda crazy that unlocking the new world quest is accomplished by randomly running over a spot of sand and having Paimon squeal about it. I wonder if everyone goes the same way I did or if a bunch of people are going to miss it without a guide. New Hilichurl enemies are cool, but they still don't do anything for 90% of the fight. We need more enemies like the infused scorpion/bird/snake that are somewhat of an actual threat. I tried to fight that new materials boss but apparently it's also story locked somehow like the new weekly boss, I couldn't get into his arena.

Those drum puzzles took me a while to figure out. Turns out you have to just be patient since the "beat' is very very slow. Other new puzzles I ran into that I could actually do weren't exactly brain scorchers. Still, I like the layout of the new area, lots of stuff packed in everywhere.

Top Bottom