• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Remember that short shorts twink from a few days ago? Here's his actual head (blurred for leaker safety I assume)

Somehow I like it even less.

Fuz

Banned
I wonder for how long they're gonna go this suicide route.

Maybe they just plan to shift all the resources to HSR?

By the way, how much money is HSR doing? Is it covering for the losses?

Edit: just found out that Yelan can get out of the water maiden's traps. Nice. Why the fuck I didn't pull for her on her release, she's awesome.

Last edited:

Pejo

New 3.7 event bow looks pretty good for Faruzan.

ug1jb0ht341b1.jpg

Pejo

I wonder for how long they're gonna go this suicide route.

Maybe they just plan to shift all the resources to HSR?

By the way, how much money is HSR doing? Is it covering for the losses?
Yea I posted it last page I think, the first Star Rail banner brought in more money than the first Raiden Shogun banner in Genshin, which was the biggest solo banner in the game. So Star Rail is their cash cow right now.

Are the sub ATK% kinda low?
Very low. But it's a free R5 weapon, so it's never gonna be top tier. The EM bonus is nice.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Looks ok, but I use the mondstadt festival bow we got, it suits her pretty well.

I use for Collei too. For me they have better boost than this.

I put rank 5 on Inazuma bow and the boost is quite decent.

Saber

Gold Member
New 3.7 event bow looks pretty good for Faruzan.

ug1jb0ht341b1.jpg

Faruzan main thing is her elemental skill. Charge attack is just a way to trigger the vortex part of her elemental skill. Its not even a good idea to hit an enemy with charge attack directly, as you risk losing the element you applied on them. The best way to use Faruzan is by hitting the ground and let the vortex do damage + swirl.

Pejo

Faruzan main thing is her elemental skill. Charge attack is just a way to trigger the vortex part of her elemental skill. Its not even a good idea to hit an enemy with charge attack directly, as you risk losing the element you applied on them. The best way to use Faruzan is by hitting the ground and let the vortex do damage + swirl.
I use her kinda like a budget swirl Ganyu, so it's relevant to how I play her. Probably not optimal if your'e using her as anemo buffer/support.

Fuz Fuz - As I mentioned earlier, Star Rail is killing it right now:
6ecc9g91g71b1.jpg

100 million dollars in less than 30 days, and it's a turn-based gacha.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz
Kinda worried about how Star Rail (And MHY's seemingly endless stream of other projects) will affect Genshin going forward. We'll have to see if Star Rail's revenue keeps up like this though.

Pejo

Kinda worried about how Star Rail (And MHY's seemingly endless stream of other projects) will affect Genshin going forward. We'll have to see if Star Rail's revenue keeps up like this though.
I don't think Star Rail will have the staying power, it's just the new hot girl on the block. Then again, I didn't think it'd have as big of a launch as it clearly did, either.

deanote666

Hopefully, they'll be able to afford one or 2 more people to help with the additional load.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't think Star Rail will have the staying power, it's just the new hot girl on the block. Then again, I didn't think it'd have as big of a launch as it clearly did, either.

I agree with InterMusketeer InterMusketeer because in terms of skill gap this game seems more casual friendly(and phone friendly as well). I mean its a turn based game, so you could theorically take your time and it's free of button smashing(like attacking and dash spam). Genshin on the other hand is actual battle, so it still demands some thinking besides the button smashing. Something that could scare the casuals.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I agree with InterMusketeer InterMusketeer because in terms of skill gap this game seems more casual friendly(and phone friendly as well). I mean its a turn based game, so you could theorically take your time and it's free of button smashing(like attacking and dash spam). Genshin on the other hand is actual battle, so it still demands some thinking besides the button smashing. Something that could scare the casuals.
The opposite.

Try DFFOO and tell me you don't have to use your brain and just spam.

I haven't played any turn-based gacha, but they seem much easier to develop. Just create some fancy animations for the characters' handful of attacks and attach some numbers to them. Done. Of course I'm no game developer, but a real-time action combat system like Genshin has many more variables and seems way more difficult to get right.

If MHY can make that much money with a game that's easier to develop, how much more will they slack on Genshin? That's my fear.

Saber

Gold Member
The opposite.

Try DFFOO and tell me you don't have to use your brain and just spam.

Didn't play this game, just assumed that its less of a burden since its a turn based and not action oriented. Does it have a timer or anything?

Fuz

Banned
Didn't play this game, just assumed that its less of a burden since its a turn based and not action oriented. Does it have a timer or anything?
Turn count, but it doesn't really matter most of the time.
If you mean stamina, yes it does have a stamina system... and it doesn't matter either.

Saber

Gold Member
Turn count, but it doesn't really matter most of the time.
If you mean stamina, yes it does have a stamina system... and it doesn't matter either.

Its about that point I'm talking about.
Genshin Impact has alot of "drag" factors on it. While you can improve your damage with artifacts and talents, you still have to rely on your reaction skills. You have to aim, you have to use the element type on the right moment, you have to evade enemy attacks, which quickly deplets stamina so the player have to keep an eye on it, etc.

Like, I can't imagine casuals doing that cryo weapon level domain. It was a nightmare when I started, still is and I had Noelle at the start. Does this game have something in comparison?

Pejo

Temporary area. Judging by the circus I'd say we're gonna see the twin(k)s.
Yea that's what I meant, so this is the new "GAA" for this 3.8 summer event? Fucking lame.

The start of Fontaine seems like it's got a bunch of shit decisions so far. The characters we're getting out front are Lyney, the other twink, that 4* Dandy man hydro claymore, the boring ass pink haired NPC lookalike, and Lynette. You'd think you'd want to start 4.0 off with a bang, not with a bunch of femmebois in short shorts.

Pejo

Arlecchino's heel and a new character's face. Looks like an unhinged femmeboy instead of the usual shy femmeboy.

ibfutf.jpg

The new area seems fine? I appreciate that they use these events to introduce some of the new characters. Too bad a lot of 'em are gonna suck in Fontaine.

The skins are exactly as leaked before. They look good, but they're characters most people have benched. Klee kinda sucks. If they had done some kind of rebalance or something to go along with the skin, it'd make more sense.

Saber

Gold Member
Skins aren't as bad as I though. Klee seems the most fitting.
The new area looks as much lame as some parts of Sumeru, which are terrible for exploring because of the unnecessary complexity.
No comments on the leak concept stuff. Already stoped playing for awhile.

Pejo

Apparently that white haired freak is supposedly a Lion Dancer from Liyue that will be the new Lantern Rite freebie 4*. Leakers say that his earrings are the eyes for the big lion head.

I'm referring to these things:
iu

Apparently that white haired freak is supposedly a Lion Dancer from Liyue that will be the new Lantern Rite freebie 4*. Leakers say that his earrings are the eyes for the big lion head.
Another exception to the rule of no real life holidays in the game for Liyue, huh?

To be fair, the last two we got were girls so the new one being a guy isn't that weird. And hey, he can be easily skipped for a Yaoyao con instead.

Pejo

Another exception to the rule of no real life holidays in the game for Liyue, huh?

To be fair, the last two we got were girls so the new one being a guy isn't that weird. And hey, he can be easily skipped for a Yaoyao con instead.
Yea, but damn I hope they have some female characters with good designs in their pockets for a rainy day, because 4.x is shaping up to be a non-stop (tiny) sausage party.

*edit*

Plus I guess I can't say too much about the Liyue real life China stuff, because apparently Mondstadt has had quite a few German related holidays that I (and most americans) are just not familiar with. Like Weinlesefest is supposedly a real thing.

Last edited:
Yea, but damn I hope they have some female characters with good designs in their pockets for a rainy day, because 4.x is shaping up to be a non-stop (tiny) sausage party.

*edit*

Plus I guess I can't say too much about the Liyue real life China stuff, because apparently Mondstadt has had quite a few German related holidays that I (and most americans) are just not familiar with. Like Weinlesefest is supposedly a real thing.
Yeah for sure. Waifus are the ones earning them money. Get back on that MHY.

As for Weinlesefest, I've never heard of it and I live in Europe. I can't claim to be an expert on German holidays or whatever, but they chose the most obscure thing they could find. And why? Just so they can avoid festivities people actually care about like Easter and Christmas. Maybe they just really want to distance themselves from the religious aspects? I think it's still a cop-out.

Pejo

I actually like we don't have real-life festivities, they always take me out of the game.
I'll take Halloween any day over "It's light novels - the event!"

Man MHY must be saving a fortune on reused assets across their 3 big games.

Last edited:

deanote666

Got her kind of built. C1. Junk damage so far. 6/6/6 level 80 but not max ascension. Summit shaper sword, 4pc dendro set with 2 hp% pieces.

What exactly is she? Human ears but cat tail?

Last edited:

Pejo

Got her kind of built. C1. Junk damage so far. 6/6/6 level 80 but not max ascension. Summit shaper sword, 4pc dendro set with 2 hp% pieces.

What exactly is she? Human ears but cat tail?
From her trailer, she's a Yokai like Yae, I think.

I'm happy with her. Fun to run around and climb with, great animations, shield seems like it's gonna do its job. That's all I wanted. I'd like some constellations but I'm going to wait for a banner that I want the 5* on. I've already got both Yae and Yoimiya at constellation levels that I'm satisfied with. C4 seems like her best spot, and I sure as hell don't want to waste that many pulls on this banner.

Supposed 3.8 banners:

Chongyun is the only 4 star on this banner for me apparently, so I guess no Kirara for me. Yoimiya's C1 sucks and Yae doesn't interest me. I lost the previous four 50/50s so I'm pretty sure I'd win it on this one where I don't want to get the character. This game sucks sometimes.

BJK

From her trailer, she's a Yokai like Yae, I think.

I'm happy with her. Fun to run around and climb with, great animations, shield seems like it's gonna do its job. That's all I wanted. I'd like some constellations but I'm going to wait for a banner that I want the 5* on. I've already got both Yae and Yoimiya at constellation levels that I'm satisfied with. C4 seems like her best spot, and I sure as hell don't want to waste that many pulls on this banner.

Supposed 3.8 banners:

3.8 Banners = Do not want.

Did 50 pulls, just so I can be lazy with the season pass, and to build towards pity (didn’t get C1 for Yae). Got new cat girl to C1…now have to farm those floaters in Inazuma. 10-pull on the standard banner got me Kaveh…meaning I have a new person to park in Serenitea pot & max friendship without ever actually using (keeping Yun Jin & Gorou company).

Have not touched the new story stuff, but will get there eventually.

deanote666

Anyone playing the TCG notice if the changes make the game more streamlined for those that have been avoiding it?

At least we got the fast gadget option.

Top Bottom