• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
It is an eastern game based in a communist country...

Gotta play up how the western cultures aren't as good by comparison.
Meanwhile, Liyue China is the biggest polluter on Earth.

Truth be told, I've been completely absorbed in Tears of the Kingdom for my gaming time lately. Lots of new great ideas in that game that I hope MHY steals MHY could be inspired by.

Man what a fantastic game.
I'm a poor kid and I've been playing BotW just now, after trying it years ago and put it down.
Yeah, I can see why GI is called a clone of it. But BotW is so much better in its desig, it does EVERYTHING better than GI on aspects you can compare. With an exception - controls. BotW controls are shit, Genshin is immensely superior on this regard.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm a poor kid and I've been playing BotW just now, after trying it years ago and put it down.
Yeah, I can see why GI is called a clone of it. But BotW is so much better in its desig, it does EVERYTHING better than GI on aspects you can compare. With an exception - controls. BotW controls are shit, Genshin is immensely superior on this regard.
Also combat. BotW/TotK's combat is terrible. They hide it behind the breakable weapons and physics usable in combat, but it's total shit.

Fuz

Banned
Also combat. BotW/TotK's combat is terrible. They hide it behind the breakable weapons and physics usable in combat, but it's total shit.
The controls are so bad that I'm pretty much always sneaking around. I have no idea how I would ever been able to kill a Lynel
2Rce3.gif

But yeah, you're right.

Pejo

New hot Genshin collab.

Never heard of HEYTEA before, probably a SEA/CN region chain like the rest of the food collabs have been.

Fake

After I tried my last primos on the Baizhu banner I now gaving this game a rest.

1 month or more. Guys feel free to go in my teapot and buy things. Got try skip Fountaine entirely.

crumbs

After adding Yoimiya last week, I decided I also wanted Yae, mostly due to boredom, but also due to my "appreciation" of her design. Won the 50/50 after 70 pulls, so no complaints there.

After dropping a combined ~120 wishes between the Yae and Yoimiya on the current banners, I also ended up with:

1 Catgirl
1 Kujou Sara
2 Yunjin
6 Chongyun :messenger_pensive:
1 Sac Sword
1 Flute

This was my first Flute, which I thought was exclusive to the weapons banner since I never pulled it before. It makes sense that it isn't exclusive since the other weapons from that series are part of regular 4 star rotation.

After thinking about, do different 4 star weapon sets have different drop rates on the limited & standard banners? I've been playing since launch and I don't have very many copies of weapons from the Wanders Troupe set (Bell, Stringless, Flute, Widsth), but I've been able to R5 multiple copies of all the weapons from the Bane series (Lion's Roar, Rainslasher, Dragon's Bane).

deanote666

So... Thanks to the achivement search function being jenky, it turns out I've been waiting months and months for a daily commission to get an achievement that I already have and the commission retires after you get it... (Marvelous Medicine achievement).

Pejo

After adding Yoimiya last week, I decided I also wanted Yae, mostly due to boredom, but also due to my "appreciation" of her design. Won the 50/50 after 70 pulls, so no complaints there.

After dropping a combined ~120 wishes between the Yae and Yoimiya on the current banners, I also ended up with:

1 Catgirl
1 Kujou Sara
2 Yunjin
6 Chongyun :messenger_pensive:
1 Sac Sword
1 Flute

This was my first Flute, which I thought was exclusive to the weapons banner since I never pulled it before. It makes sense that it isn't exclusive since the other weapons from that series are part of regular 4 star rotation.
Not a bad haul, other than the Chungus amongus.
After thinking about, do different 4 star weapon sets have different drop rates on the limited & standard banners?
The rates are right on the banner, all the 4* weapons are the same for character banners.
I've been playing since launch and I don't have very many copies of weapons from the Wanders Troupe set (Bell, Stringless, Flute, Widsth), but I've been able to R5 multiple copies of all the weapons from the Bane series (Lion's Roar, Rainslasher, Dragon's Bane).
This is REALLY unlucky. I have multiple R5s of pretty much all of those weapons. Then again, I did C6 a few characters so...
I need a "yawn" reaction.

Edit:
Guess what this is:
Xiao.jpg

Niccccce.jpg
Glad to see you utilizing all of Yoimiya's strengths.

Fuz

Banned
Ngl, Cyno is growing on me like a tumor he's kinda funny and I love deadpan.

All in all, I didn't dislike the event, although the TCG badly needs an overhaul to speed it up considerably.
The story is just light and it's ok, even though the whole "card back" thing doesn't make sense, realistically.
Maybe it's just because I'm having fun with Yoimiya.
D8TTC.gif

P.S.
Kirara is a piece of shit for going to visit the creator of the TCG without telling Cyno, who just saved her life.

Last edited:

deanote666

GtPRu38.jpg
HhRGs6I.jpg
KENl6Jf.jpg
eohTzlP.jpg
ORdaYY7.jpg
NMNb222.jpg
zYh1q0m.jpg
BHS9UnO.jpg
XY0Ey9p.jpg

Few pages back, I mentioned my sis no longer has any archon quests in her list.

I stealthily took pics of her quest list. (Sorry they're a bit blurry).

Based on what she told me, she was in chapter 3, act 5. She claims she fought the first round of the robot fight.

She later got the cut scene to name Wanderer.

Is therea quest blocking the archon quest from being listed or is she bugged?

Fuz

Banned
GtPRu38.jpg
HhRGs6I.jpg
KENl6Jf.jpg
eohTzlP.jpg
ORdaYY7.jpg
NMNb222.jpg
zYh1q0m.jpg
BHS9UnO.jpg
XY0Ey9p.jpg

Based on what she told me, she was in chapter 3, act 5. She claims she fought the first round of the robot fight.

Your best bet is asking reddit. I know, it sucks, but it's got enough crazy fanbase following the sub that someone probably know.

How can people live with a full journal of incomplete quests is beyond me.
cikYa.gif

deanote666

Your best bet is asking reddit. I know, it sucks, but it's got enough crazy fanbase following the sub that someone probably know.

How can people live with a full journal of incomplete quests is beyond me.
cikYa.gif
I've yet to get a post "approved" by the mods on the genshin reddit.

Yeah... She has too many games she plays...

Fuz

Banned
I've yet to get a post "approved" by the mods on the genshin reddit.
Ah, those fucking awful pieces of shit.
There's a trick, though. Don't mark you post as "discussion" or "question". Mark it as "OC" or "Media". Those don't get automatically blocked by the modbot for a review that will NEVER come.

And people ask me why I hate reddit mods and wish them melon sized hemorrhoids for the rest of their lives. ok nobody ever asked me.

Pejo

GtPRu38.jpg
HhRGs6I.jpg
KENl6Jf.jpg
eohTzlP.jpg
ORdaYY7.jpg
NMNb222.jpg
zYh1q0m.jpg
BHS9UnO.jpg
XY0Ey9p.jpg

Holy shit man, any number of those quests could be blocking progress. The real answer is just to start chipping away at all of that stuff. I would assume the "gold" tier quests would be responsible for holding back an archon quest, but it could be anything with how MHY makes their quest dependencies. I didn't expect like 9 pages of quests in her log. Why not just have her log you in to one of your devices as her account and do some of them for her, if you want to help.

deanote666

Ah, those fucking awful pieces of shit.
There's a trick, though. Don't mark you post as "discussion" or "question". Mark it as "OC" or "Media". Those don't get automatically blocked by the modbot for a review that will NEVER come.

And people ask me why I hate reddit mods and wish them melon sized hemorrhoids for the rest of their lives. ok nobody ever asked me.
zzQoJmB.png

Fuz

Banned
yQ1fEYR.png

2 years old. I've replied to threads but haven't made any original posts myself (for obvious reasons).
Make sure to delete identical posts. I dunno man, try with a new account? You can use a fake email, no need to click any confirmation link. Although you probably need some karma...

Also. Try posting it in the weekly help thread. Or removing the question mark (the bot might detect it and block as it's a question and questions should go into the help thread).

Saber

Gold Member
Did you notice if you were shadowbanned? Can you still find your thread even logged off?

First time I tried discussing in one of those reddits it also happened to me but I got mod approvation. Problem is, my post was shadowbanned for fuck knows why. When I log on I saw my post(number 50), but when I log off Reddit pretends my posts didn't existed(only 49 posts in that thread). After that I deleted my account permanently.

deanote666

Not sure if I ever posted anything that was controversial.

Not sure where I can see my post count to compare logged in/out.

I had a reddit account before that glitched out. Said account didn't exist not long after I made it. This was a different email address, etc.

Looking like she glitched out. Archive showing stuff from act 5 and 6 so the quests aren't in her list since they're marked as completed.

Despite her kicking and screaming, I got her to send in a ticket to support to see if they'll reset the quests.

If you don't hear from me again, it means she got fed up with me trying to help her.

Pejo

Why don't you just tell her to keep doing the quests. Eventually one of them has to unlock it. I mean most of those are "talk to 3 NPCs and fight some (regional enemy)".

Saber

Gold Member
It's not a shadowban. But he might have posted something that made the retards mods put some flags on his account and mark all his threads for review.

Shadowban should be illegal, by the way.

Should be, but I don't think they care.
Like I said, my post was invisible to others(more like it never existed). Maybe its even an AI thing to control what people should be seeing.

Last edited:

deanote666

Why don't you just tell her to keep doing the quests. Eventually one of them has to unlock it. I mean most of those are "talk to 3 NPCs and fight some (regional enemy)".
Almost lost a hand but was able to borrow her phone long enough to look at her travel log but it shows act 5 and 6 as complete so she's glitched.

It's up to mihoyu to reset the quests or for her to go to youtube.

Dregnel

Not sure if I ever posted anything that was controversial.

Not sure where I can see my post count to compare logged in/out.

I had a reddit account before that glitched out. Said account didn't exist not long after I made it. This was a different email address, etc.

Looking like she glitched out. Archive showing stuff from act 5 and 6 so the quests aren't in her list since they're marked as completed.

Despite her kicking and screaming, I got her to send in a ticket to support to see if they'll reset the quests.

If you don't hear from me again, it means she got fed up with me trying to help her.
i had this problem while i was doing my quest in chasm, i had to figure out where the hell npc is, I eventually found it exploring because I forgot where I was after I stopped playing for a few months.
That is why it's important in all games to have a button to abandon the quests or restart it.
I always carry about 15 quests with me, I know I need to finish them but I think they are going to talk a lot and I am afraid to start them.

Fuz

Banned
Should be, but I don't think they care.
Like I said, my post was invisible to others(more like it never existed). Maybe its even an AI thing to control what people should be seeing.
Yeah I know how it works, having been shadowbanned myself. You don't get the warnings Deanote is getting when you're shadowbanned... you see your posts normally.

Saber

Gold Member
Randomly got Candace with the store refresh wishes. Not bad, I didn't had her.

Edit: she feels awful. I don't really understand her role.

Me neither, and I played with her since release. I also warned that shes useless without the constelations to buff a bit her burst, which has a terrible duration.
Her basic attacks doesn't fit to frozen builds, her skill has a mediocre range and HP scaling. It serves well to break rocks though.

I still like her, but damn I never could fit her in any of my teams before I quit this game.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Holy shit those abyss are insane, i may not be able to 36* first since i've been 36* straight in months
Yeah it's a toughie. So many enemies, and all of them have insane health pools. They really want you to pull those cons huh. I've been having difficulty lately because the game constantly punishes (over)reliance on cryo in the Abyss.

Well, I get 8 stars on floor 12. Gotta try a bit more to beat that final floor.

Meanwhile, Liyue China is the biggest polluter on Earth.

Yeah but only because China produces over 60% of the stuff used in the us and europe. If the us and europe would produce their own stuff and not outsource everything their pollution rate would go up like ctrazy.
us and europe are still the main polluter on earth when you look at the ressouce and producr consumption.

Pejo

AI generated example of mummy girl

*edit*

Keikakutori has noted some additional details about this character:

顺带说一下。目前看到的ai图颜色都不太对。衣服应该是白色为主点缀蓝色,内衣内裤都类似宵宫的绷带🥰另外他有一个很长的麻花辫,个人猜测是参考了蝎子尾巴的元素。
By the way, all the AI colors I've seen are not quite right. The clothes are mainly white, with flecks of blue, the innerwear are similar to Yoimiya's bandages 🥰 Also, she has a very long braid, I personally suspect they took reference from a scorpion stinger."

Last edited:

deanote666

Yeah but only because China produces over 60% of the stuff used in the us and europe. If the us and europe would produce their own stuff and not outsource everything their pollution rate would go up like ctrazy.
us and europe are still the main polluter on earth when you look at the ressouce and producr consumption.
Gotta be careful with real life topics. People have been banned before.

On that note, I remember seeing an interview with a British person saying they were able to drop their emissions because they outsourced a bunch of stuff to India.

Fuz

Banned
Done, had to switch some teams but it worked and got dem primos

7tZlNAW.jpg
ME DUMB ASK QUESTION
Did you switch teams between rooms? :pie_thinking:

Chad ToF trailers > weak ass soy genshin trailers

Imma gonna roll that A3, goddammit.
vet7xNJ.jpg
WYuv2hD.jpg

Come back, Pejo. Abandon Zelda. Abandon your waifus.

(design sounds great though, I'm excited to see her)
Yeah, sounds good. Probably just a 4-star though. I doubt we're getting more Sumeru 5-stars anytime soon.

ME DUMB ASK QUESTION
You can't swap normally. But you can just re-do the entire floor with different teams. Great for when you're struggling with certain chambers. As long as you get three stars in each room once, it counts. Just takes a long ass time.

SSfox

ME DUMB ASK QUESTION

Chad ToF trailers > weak ass soy genshin trailers

Imma gonna roll that A3, goddammit.
vet7xNJ.jpg
WYuv2hD.jpg

Come back, Pejo. Abandon Zelda. Abandon your waifus.

Yeah, sounds good. Probably just a 4-star though. I doubt we're getting more Sumeru 5-stars anytime soon.

You can't swap normally. But you can just re-do the entire floor with different teams. Great for when you're struggling with certain chambers. As long as you get three stars in each room once, it counts. Just takes a long ass time.
Yep this .

I'd like to try to find a team that does it all straight if possible. Part 1 Geo team struggle a bit in 12-1 but does decent and it's the best in 12-3. Ayaka freeze destroy 12-1 but is much slower in 12-2, and slower in 12-3 than team geo.

Floors team 2 is about good Bourgeon team , my most effective is XQ XL Nahida Bennett, i think i can replace XQ with Ayato but surviving first floor is quite hard

Baizhu is the god of survival i feel but still need to found very optimal teams with him

Last edited:
9scAV3i.png

This is how I ended up doing it. Note the Klee(!) for chamber one. Her burst was great for shredding the Lectors' shields. I even used C0 Candace here to prove all you naysayers wrong. Lots of shielding and healing this time, because the enemy deals so much damage nowadays. Kirara would have been handy here.

Floor 3 had me stumped. I tried for hours. It was not fun. My bloom team took too long and if I shifted characters to speed it up, the other team suffered. This budget Nahida team was able to shred those beasts way faster, I was surprised. For the second half I mostly struggled with the Hydro shield. I guess they want you to use Dendro there? I didn't have anything I could reasonably slot in there.

But man, this one was brutal. When you look for tips everyone's just like "Use Bennett! Use Kazuha!" No way, Jose! But I'm ready for MHY to stop the Cryo discrimination now.

Pejo

Supposedly this AI art is closer to the new character than the last one. Got significantly worse for me.

KQwRo9S.png

*edit*

This one's even closer supposedly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom