• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Supposed art of that "Wrothlesleyey" character that the leakers mistook for Varka a few months ago. Not bad actually, for a male character. Looks like an edgelord which I'm on board with.

*edit*

Just thought this was a nice Eula art.
dudxxrdnpo3b1.png

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Yep this .

I'd like to try to find a team that does it all straight if possible. Part 1 Geo team struggle a bit in 12-1 but does decent and it's the best in 12-3. Ayaka freeze destroy 12-1 but is much slower in 12-2, and slower in 12-3 than team geo.

Floors team 2 is about good Bourgeon team , my most effective is XQ XL Nahida Bennett, i think i can replace XQ with Ayato but surviving first floor is quite hard

Baizhu is the god of survival i feel but still need to found very optimal teams with him
But was it fun?

Pejo

weird faded leak image of Wriothesley and some new female character.

8a7r6w.jpg

Apparently he's gonna be straight to standard banner after his first run like Tignhari and Dehya. Not a fan of how they handle that, tbh. Makes it even tougher to get the character if you don't roll their first banner. They really need to add an epitomized path option to the standard banner for characters, IMO.

Also Fuz Fuz - forgot to reply the other day. Zeke looks cool, especially his A3, but that ain't enough to get me to go back to that game.

*edit*

Clearer Wriothesley:
flwo4g.jpg

Again, the more accurate it is, the less I like it.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Edgelord is right up my alley, but I hate that "fur" on his coat and the stupid tie.
Overdesigned, as most of their characters.
Do we know weapon/element? I *think* at first leak they said he was going to be pyro/claymore or do I misremember?

Pejo

Edgelord is right up my alley, but I hate that "fur" on his coat and the stupid tie.
Overdesigned, as most of their characters.
Do we know weapon/element? I *think* at first leak they said he was going to be pyro/claymore or do I misremember?
I thought it was Cryo claymore, but who can remember, that was a while ago.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

They better give me Dehya before this asshole comes out.
In my opinion, they're either gonna start doing epitomized path for Standard banner soon or introduce a way to farm standard banner characters, through currency/a grind/etc. I've started hoarding my blue wishes until 4.0 to see if they have something planned.

• Thoughtful

deanote666

Abyss feels more like a chore for me.

Last few runs, I gave up on floor 11 since the enemy tankiness skyrockets on floor 11.

Update on my sis's account.

She's borked. Since the glitch gave out the silver twig, Wanderer naming item, they deem she "completed" those quests and won't reset them. Hopefully, future quests won't be borked. Think it skipped chapter 3 part 5, chapter 3 interlude, chapter 3 part 6.

Last edited:
In my opinion, they're either gonna start doing epitomized path for Standard banner soon or introduce a way to farm standard banner characters, through currency/a grind/etc. I've started hoarding my blue wishes until 4.0 to see if they have something planned.
We both know that's never gonna happen.

Fuz

Banned
I've read leaks sub that the sword is most likely fanart. Not sure if that's changed.

By the way, have you done the new survey? We're gonna get mounts.
Not sure where we can use them outside of the desert, seen how they're designing the zones.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've read leaks sub that the sword is most likely fanart. Not sure if that's changed.

By the way, have you done the new survey? We're gonna get mounts.
Not sure where we can use them outside of the desert, seen how they're designing the zones.
I still know that Sorush was a beta for the submarine they're gonna introduce in Fontaine, with the XYZ movement. Personally I think it's time they open up the traversal a bit and let us use things that aren't pre-determined like the Dendro hooks.

I did the Yoimiya/TCG event quests tonight, and even for a generally miserable fucker that is getting sick of this game and its bullshit, the Yoimiya quest was actually really good. Touching, some custom animations, good story, didn't drag on in any one spot. I'd put that up with Dehya's as the best of the voiced character quests so far.

TCG quest had its ups and downs, Kirara and Cyno were the highlights of that one. It was good to see Ei out and about in Inazuma too. I like seeing the Archons out interacting with their people

Speaking of Ei, wonder when we're going to get the hot springs/bathouse quest opened up to us in Inazuma. They've been sitting on that for quite some time now.

Fuz

Banned
I've started hoarding my blue wishes until 4.0 to see if they have something planned.
This is the sensible thing to do, and what I should do too.
But I would cut my enjoyment of the game of about 90% if I did.
Decisions, decisions...
I still know that Sorush was a beta for the submarine they're gonna introduce in Fontaine, with the XYZ movement.
The survey asks for preferences about land/sea/sky vehicles, so everything's fair game...
I bet they'll just slap a small magical snorkel with infinite air on the Traveler and call it a day.

Pejo

How much do you bet she'll be another healer?
tbh I wish they'd stop making kid characters altogether. We've already exhausted the "1000 year old undead" and "adult that just never grew" tropes, Yaoyao was just an everyday average kid, there's no good reason to be fighting with kid characters (and I personally despise playing as them). If I had to guess, this loli is going to be the 100000 year old dragon. Hell, Star Rail already did that exact thing:

iu

*edit*

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu
version 6.8 and 6.9 characters leaked as Herrscher of Death Seele and playable purple hair Sirin for 6.9. Grain of salt and alll that, but HoD Seele is almost guaranteed.

Just a matter of time until she comes back now if Sirin is making a comeback...
FoiXQC4aAAITEIW

Last edited:
tbh I wish they'd stop making kid characters altogether. We've already exhausted the "1000 year old undead" and "adult that just never grew" tropes, Yaoyao was just an everyday average kid, there's no good reason to be fighting with kid characters (and I personally despise playing as them). If I had to guess, this loli is going to be the 100000 year old dragon. Hell, Star Rail already did that exact thing:
Yeah, kinda agree. Yaoyao is a new low when it comes to her characterization. They really need some kind of upgrade to their sprint too. I'm still looking forward to the brown one from the Pyro nation though.

Pejo

Yeah, kinda agree. Yaoyao is a new low when it comes to her characterization. They really need some kind of upgrade to their sprint too. I'm still looking forward to the brown one from the Pyro nation though.
Yea that sprint would have been great as a single character's specific sprint, but all the kids having that same thing is annoying. It also sucks that all of the flavor like Klee's special walk and Nahida's special emotes were removed from the betas, when they were already done and implemented.

Pejo

Man, I need somebody to talk me into doing the last 3 TCG matches for this event. I beat Amber for the first one but i just don't know if 90 primos and some blue tier gems are enough to do it again...

I will say it's more fun when you get omnidice every turn and don't have to worry about trading and switching out characters if you don't want to.

I think in playing the game, my biggest issue is the amount of reading you have to do every single play of the game. There are so many cards with so many non obvious effects, you have to stop, fiddle around with the controller (in my case) to get it to highlight the right thing to read what it does, then look at the other cards on the field and read all of those etc.

So much busywork for a minigame. If I already knew all the rules and what the cards did, I think I'd be much more likely to continue playing, but I just have no interest in learning all of the rules for a game inside a game that I would only be playing a few times a week at most.

Man, I need somebody to talk me into doing the last 3 TCG matches for this event. I beat Amber for the first one but i just don't know if 90 primos and some blue tier gems are enough to do it again...
You don't even have to beat them. Just challenge them at the highest level and lose.

deanote666

Man, fuck this new event.

Why the fuck would I even consider designing something that's gonna get removed when the event ends?
Keep in mind you're playing a live service game that will have nothing left that's playable in a few years.

Fuz

Banned
Just when I think genshin's events are bad
2Rce3.gif

Pejo Pejo I just wanted to let you know and laugh a bit. New event in ToF:

- with shop (so you know how much farming is required)
- shooter on rails (so you can't finish it faster, need to get to the end with a set velocity, takes about 7 minutes I think, maybe more)
- it looks like this
Fuck-You-Hotta.jpg

I have no fucking idea how this is even possible.
Keep in mind you're playing a live service game that will have nothing left that's playable in a few years.
Eh, ok? But there's a lot of work with a convoluted interface to create levels for this event, and they're gonna be deleted in 20 days. What's the fucking point? And this comes from someone who often enjoys building and creating levels.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just when I think genshin's events are bad
2Rce3.gif

Pejo Pejo I just wanted to let you know and laugh a bit. New event in ToF:

- with shop (so you know how much farming is required)
- shooter on rails (so you can't finish it faster, need to get to the end with a set velocity, takes about 7 minutes I think, maybe more)
- it looks like this
Fuck-You-Hotta.jpg

I have no fucking idea how this is even possible.
This made me actually laugh out loud in real life. I can't imagine a more "Tower of Fantasy" event other than if they made it only playable 10 times a day on the hour. Fucking lunatics.
Project Amber/Grasscutter online means you can "keep" it forever if you want to. For free. I don't think by the time the game goes EoS that anyone will still want to play through it again, but the option is already there.

Pejo

Basically an offline copy of Genshin. It's what the "leakers" use to post all of those videos when the beta files are released of new character kits and visuals. You can play the entire game minus some events that depend on server-side interactions.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

Updated sketch (not AI this time) of Liyue lion dancer boi.

ml7x0z.jpg

*edit*

Banners for part 2. Kazuha is the other 5* focus.
vc0dcbvy3r4b1.jpg

Not bad, but I ain't rollin on this shit until 4.0.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wouldn't be surprised if 4.0 just has the garterbelt twink and nothing else. Then 4.1 could have the archon. Or not. Gonna be a while before I can pull again.
If it has gartertwink, it's at least gonna have Lynette too. I will toss a few to see if I can get lucky again like I did with Kirara.

Fuz

Banned
Ok, I can't believe I'm not ranting here but... today's part of the new event is actually pretty good.
cikYa.gif

On a side note, fuck me for playing GI, ToF and BotW at the same time and pressing all the wrong buttons for the gliders.
K8Tdx.gif

Pejo

Ok, I can't believe I'm not ranting here but... today's part of the new event is actually pretty good.
cikYa.gif
You mean the build-a-domain event? I haven't started it yet. Glad to know there's something good about it though, I have been dreading it.
On a side note, fuck me for playing GI, ToF and BotW at the same time and pressing all the wrong buttons for the gliders.
K8Tdx.gif
Bro tell me about it, my buttons are all reversed for Genshin/TotK. I feel like a moron playing both now.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
You mean the build-a-domain event? I haven't started it yet. Glad to know there's something good about it though, I have been dreading it.
Yeah but they're all diffent, and today's is centered around combat with a shop for buffs and another for characters, and I find it actually fun (easy AF toh).
Shame that it's gonna go away, because this one could potentially become awesome with all the insane people creating stuff. Also, shame for that search interface, it's embarassing.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I beat all 4 TCG challenges with only a few minutes to spare last night before reset and the event disappearing. I find that the first 2 games where the dice always rolled Omnidice made the game considerably faster and more fun for me personally. The last two where you just got reduced card costs for your deck was much less fun. Anyways, glad as fuck that was over. Managed to get all primos and clear the shop. Didn't think I was gonna be able to do that. Only things I missed were the rewards for challenging on hard mode. I went in and just surrendered after my first turn but that didn't count for the rewards so oh well.

Fuz

Banned
Fuck today's new event.

The one I loathe the most.

Edit: HUGE thanks to Trokil, that carried helped me getting max score.

Last edited:

crumbs

Speaking of gliders: I didn't participate in that Twitch BS to get the red-themed KFC glider. Are these f**kers really going to make us wait until Natlan releases to get a red glider? I'm saying this as someone who recently pulled Yae & Yoimiya and is finding the glider color selection lacking.

The devs released a glider reward for the Frostbearing Tree in v1.2. It would have been nice had they continued to release other gliders for the major "trees" or even of the large sub-regions, like Enkanomiya, the Chasm, or Sumeru desert regions. Instead, it looks like the non-region specific reputation reward gliders will be limited to corporate marketing campaigns :messenger_expressionless:

Top Bottom