• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

SSfox

I really like this Shinobu art:

*edit*

Just did all of the remaining Faze Trials tonight, I actually had the most fun with the Geo team. I dunno if I would like that for everything, and the Energy Recharge was amped up to 11, but as it was, it was actually really fun just going caveman on those enemies.

Incredible,look even better than official splash art

crumbs

Really high production quality trailer for Fontaine:

They went with the worst design for bloodborne girl. Fuck.

*edit*

ezuDyTD.png

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

She wields a gun (electro?) in the trailer. Could they be introducing a new weapon type? Or is the gun just part of her skill/burst? (Similar to Mika, when early leaks were confused by his skill (crossbow) and burst (book).

SSfox

I'll wait to see their kits to decide, but I like Navia the most, great design and she's Geo. Of course Focalors is must as Archon.

Archelinio and gun girl look cool, not sure if I pull depends on their kit and play style.

Crimsondusk

I'll wait to see their kits to decide, but I like Navia the most, great design and she's Geo. Of course Focalors is must as Archon.

Archelinio look cool, not sure if I pull depends on kit and play style.
If Archelinio is fire, she's an instant pull for a lot of people.

Fuz

Banned
Funny (not really, kind of culturally insulting) that they called Arlecchino the least colorful one.

Pejo

Gold Member
At least his name sounds appropriate to italian ears.
Well if the reddit thread is any indication, that's exactly the group that are excited about Fontaine in general right now. Anyone saying simply, "i don't like the design" are being downvoted and hidden.

Man that Captain R design is still getting at me. There were so many good designs to pick from.... Fucking long scarf fully covered boring as fuck design....

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Man that Captain R design is still getting at me. There were so many good designs to pick from.... Fucking long scarf fully covered boring as fuck design....
The only appropriate fanservice is underage boy's armpits and legs, don't you know? All women are completely covered in at least three layers of clothing.

Geo lady doesn't even have two breasts anymore, but a weird slab of meat or something:

tPHH8jI.png

6a3f1ab0-1f5f-4be8-9839-6cacb9085ff6_text.gif

Pejo

Gold Member
A few (maybe spoilers) things I gleamed from the promotional materials and the trailer:
  • Lyney, Femininet, and Lynette are all "siblings" from Arlecchino's orphanage. Probably not blood related.
  • Lynette supposedly is either an automaton or is trying to emulate being one, or is a cyborg or other such thing.
  • Wriothesley is a cop and is blind.
  • Dandyman mullet blue dude is a judge
  • Hydro archon has 2 distinct sides/personalities.
  • The two factions seem to be dandyman vs. geo anti-cleavage lady.

The only appropriate fanservice is underage boy's armpits and legs, don't you know? All women are completely covered in at least three layers of clothing.

Geo lady doesn't even have two breasts anymore, but a weird slab of meat or something:

tPHH8jI.png
Truly a 2023 Genshin certified Moment™

Somehow her design got more censored than all of her concept art too.

*edit*

Few new leaks:
  • Wriothesley is cryo, but a physical dps character. He's headed to standard banner after his initial run.
  • Lantern rite next year will bring that lion dancer teen boy character as a limited 5*.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
The storyline of Fontaine does sound more complex than what we've gotten up 'till now (if the rumors can be trusted), so that's something to get excited about.

Now we just need to get rid of all these twinks. Maybe get the CCP involved or something. I'd take their censorship over this monstrosity.

• Empathy

Fuz

Banned

tPHH8jI.png

Oh boy, I didn't notice that.

Honest to god, guys: I don't give a shit about anime waifus or anime titties, I often find them cringey but... it's the reason and the motivations behind it that irks me, and how those play a big part into ruining character design.

SSfox

If Archelinio is fire, she's an instant pull for a lot of people.
If she's playable i feel she could be a MDPS based on Bourgeon, which the game doesn't have so far (last Abyss made me realize that), if that's the case i'll likely be temped to pull her.

Liney can also be a Bourgeon base character too, so we'll see.

Fuz

Banned
If she's playable i feel she could be a MDPS based on Bourgeon, which the game doesn't have so far (last Abyss made me realize that), if that's the case i'll likely be temped to pull her.

She has a decent design so we'll all gonna pull regardless.
Except she's evil, so she won't end up being playable.

Mark my prediction here: we'll get Signora back as playable character, "reborn" somehow, but now she's gonna be good.
Mark this post and send me money if I'm right, instead of squandering it into a game that doesn't deserve it.
6GE7PTC.gif

SSfox

tPHH8jI.png

Didn't notice it, that's kinda weird yeah.

I though Genshin fans were just bunch of Crybabies at first, but gotta admit i was wrong. It's kinda clear now, they censored Shenhe and Nilou Bellybutton, but Baizhu's for some reasons.

Kinda wack tbh, at least i don't spent money on this game i guess.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
The storyline of Fontaine does sound more complex than what we've gotten up 'till now (if the rumors can be trusted), so that's something to get excited about.

Now we just need to get rid of all these twinks. Maybe get the CCP involved or something. I'd take their censorship over this monstrosity.
Come to Nikke, straight man.

We have swimsuits, great OST, and fun gameplay in a small, easy to digest package.

If Genshin's world quest/exploration didn't still hook me, I'd have dropped this game a while ago. If anything, I guess I should thank them for making characters that don't appeal to me, one right after the other. I have zero desire to spend anything for as far as we can see.
Honest to god, guys: I don't give a shit about anime waifus or anime titties
Caitlin Stasey Eye Roll GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

My problem with Burgeon is, what the fuck do we need it for? It's the wrost Dendro reaction by a landslide, and there's no mechanic that makes it necessary or even fun to use. It's just copium for people that use sub-standard characters Thoma or Dehya:messenger_crying: . Even if they made a DPS + pocket support with burgeon in mind, hyperbloom would shit on it on top of being easier/more intuitive to set up and use.

Also, if I remember correctly, you're from FR right? What are your thoughts on Fontaine so far? Do you feel like it's doing your culture justice? I know we haven't seen a lot yet from the area, but just curious.

SSfox

Come to Nikke, straight man.

We have swimsuits, great OST, and fun gameplay in a small, easy to digest package.

If Genshin's world quest/exploration didn't still hook me, I'd have dropped this game a while ago. If anything, I guess I should thank them for making characters that don't appeal to me, one right after the other. I have zero desire to spend anything for as far as we can see.

Caitlin Stasey Eye Roll GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

My problem with Burgeon is, what the fuck do we need it for? It's the wrost Dendro reaction by a landslide, and there's no mechanic that makes it necessary or even fun to use. It's just copium for people that use sub-standard characters Thoma or Dehya:messenger_crying: . Even if they made a DPS + pocket support with burgeon in mind, hyperbloom would shit on it on top of being easier/more intuitive to set up and use.

Also, if I remember correctly, you're from FR right? What are your thoughts on Fontaine so far? Do you feel like it's doing your culture justice? I know we haven't seen a lot yet from the area, but just curious.
I don't have a specific idea, just some fun DPS fire that is base on Bourgeon on his kit.

Fontaine characters seem to have inspiration from all around Europe, Liney, Linette and maybe Fremilet sound the most french so far to me, Neuvilette can be french or Deutch, reason I say Deutch is probably cause he remind me a lot of Von Karma from Ace Attorney, Navla sound like she's from London UK.

Maybe the French elements will have more appearance in the map than the characters. We can already see the big sewers that France is known for.

Pejo

Gold Member
I don't have a specific idea, just some fun DPS fire that is base on Bourgeon on his kit.

Fontaine characters seem to have inspiration from all around Europe, Liney, Linette and maybe Fremilet sound the most french so far to me, Neuvilette can be french or Deutch, reason I say Deutch is probably cause he remind me a lot of Von Karma from Ace Attorney, Navla sound like she's from London UK.

Maybe the French elements will have more appearance in the map than the characters. We can already see the big sewers that France is known for.
Interesting, thanks for the impressions. I 'd be curious to know more as we see more of Fontaine open up.

Pejo

Gold Member
Supposedly new Battle Pass weapons:

avomLyh.png

And the free event weapon for 4.0:

kzaBjyi.png
Nothing in there that will supplant Favonius or Sacrificial for 90% of supports, who - let's face it, are the only characters that would use 4* weapons at this point. Most of those aren't even as good as the original BP weapons, for new players. Betwen the Wolf Fang and the Talking Stick, which is the 1h/2h sword? If Wolf Fang is the sword, that might be an "ok" replacement for the event sword for Albedo?

Anyways, the event weapon looks good for really any flavor of Traveler so far. Too bad it looks like a stupid fishing rod pipe. Maybe 4.0 will give us weapon transmog finally?

New artifact recycler options in 4.0, thank god. Pale flame FINALLY. My Eula will get to eat. Also noteworthy that Severed Fate is on there for the 20 characters that use it.

8i9mr4.png

Pejo

Gold Member
Wow, Fontaine's way up there. I thought it was gonna be more directly west of that northernmost Chinese village in Liyue.

ZTK0Hlf.jpeg

• Surprised

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I assumed it'd be west of Mondstadt too. They probably thought it'd be fitting to arrive in the hydro nation over the water. Makes me wonder what they're planning for that empty area in between though.

• Surprised

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
So what is "Pneuma-aligned" damage? It's part of Hydro traveller and Lyney's kits. I read some rumors that there's different types of (elemental) damage now that are required to damage and/or stun certain enemies. Is that what that is? Could be neat, but also sounds potentially dangerous. It could render older characters obsolete since they lack this mechanic.

Pejo

Gold Member
So what is "Pneuma-aligned" damage? It's part of Hydro traveller and Lyney's kits. I read some rumors that there's different types of (elemental) damage now that are required to damage and/or stun certain enemies. Is that what that is? Could be neat, but also sounds potentially dangerous. It could render older characters obsolete since they lack this mechanic.
It's that light/dark faction alignment that was showcased with the purple/gold glow on the weapons. I dunno how you pick it or how it gets applied. Apparently the two factions are Pneuma and Ousia

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
It's that light/dark faction alignment that was showcased with the purple/gold glow on the weapons. I dunno how you pick it or how it gets applied. Apparently the two factions are Pneuma and Ousia
Interesting. The way it's worded here makes it seem like it's just a part of each character's kit, and there's not much of a choice to be made there. We'll probably see more soon enough.

Pejo

Gold Member
New summer area is actually pretty good so far. The roller coaster minigame is pretty fun, if a little easy. Good collection of characters for some fun interactions too. Why do I get the feeling that when we 'fix' it, it's gonna flip back upside down and reveal a whole second mirror map like the archipelago islands that we're gonna have to backtrack through and explore multiple times?

Anyways, nice variety of stuff to do, no complaints from me.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I saved up my acquaint fates for the tiniest of chances to get Kirara this update. Got Dehya instead! Guess that's my luck used up for this year. I'm pretty excited to play this patch now.

Fuz

Banned
Fuck you, game. FUCK YOU.

(Standard banner)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg

Retard moment: I spent 25 starglitter to buy blue wishes because I was at 83 pity and didn't want to wait a fucking month more.
7nwTZ.gif

Edit: C2 btw.
Edit2: I also just now remembered there was a hypotesis of adding some sort of chosen pity in the standard banner and how saving for now would have been the smart thing to do. Fuck me twice. Retard moment n°2.

Last edited:

SSfox

Fuck you, game. FUCK YOU.

(Standard banner)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg

Retard moment: I spent 25 starglitter to buy blue wishes because I was at 83 pity and didn't want to wait a fucking month more.
7nwTZ.gif

Edit: C2 btw.
Edit2: I also just now remembered there was a hypotesis of adding some sort of chosen pity in the standard banner and how saving for now would have been the smart thing to do. Fuck me twice. Retard moment n°2.
I have C5 Bro, and still no Jean lol

• Empathy
Top Bottom