• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
New summer area is actually pretty good so far. The roller coaster minigame is pretty fun, if a little easy. Good collection of characters for some fun interactions too. Why do I get the feeling that when we 'fix' it, it's gonna flip back upside down and reveal a whole second mirror map like the archipelago islands that we're gonna have to backtrack through and explore multiple times?

Anyways, nice variety of stuff to do, no complaints from me.
I'm always surprised how quickly you go through story and dialogues.
It take hours for me to go through them, and I really mean it literally. It's just so bloated and boring that I need to tab away from that crap very often.
(For the record, it's been 2.5 hours since I started this event quest and I just got inside the bottle and started following the water bubble. This is not an exception, of course.)

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I saved up my acquaint fates for the tiniest of chances to get Kirara this update. Got Dehya instead! Guess that's my luck used up for this year. I'm pretty excited to play this patch now.
One of us... one of us....

There's a lot of new leaks, I won't post more, but this one deserves to be posted:

Looks good for Lynette's leaked kit. Still stinks for Dehya, though there is a new artifact set that looks good for her.
Good news, everyone!

Fuck yea. I really wanted a copy of her but dreaded getting either of the twinks, so now I can avoid pulling at all in 4.0. I'd like to get her to C4 someday, but just like Kirara, i'll do it on a better banner.

Also congrats on your Keq, she's actually really good now, pair her with a Dendro + Hydro and melt stuff. We don't get many 40 energy bursts these days.

I'm always surprised how quickly you go through story and dialogues.
It take hours for me to go through them, and I really mean it literally. It's just so bloated and boring that I need to tab away from that crap very often.
(For the record, it's been 2.5 hours since I started this event quest and I just got inside the bottle and started following the water bubble. This is not an exception, of course.)
And I actually read it all too. I don't wait for the VAs to finish their lines usually though, unless it sounds like they might be funny or interesting to listen to. I like Idiya quite a bit for an NPC. Actually all the characters have a lot more personality so far in this story than usual cardboard cutout stuff. Still trying to make Kokomi look smart kinda backfires on them though.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
New gadgets. First one sounds handy because I've been running dangerously low on cores.

6iM9mCL.png

UrNVaIs.png

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member
Lynette gameplay, she IS like Anemo Yelan + Sucrose. Very cool.

And here's the twinks.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm surprised that they're adding those animations. Didn't they remove certain animations/poses from the weapon equipment screen before? I thought file size was the reason for that.

They're cool nonetheless.

Btw the team setup loading bar hasn't been removed.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

MY GOD THEY'RE STILL TALKING​

Pejo

Gold Member
Btw the team setup loading bar hasn't been removed.
It's just showcasing the new selection menu and stuff. The leakers don't have the new client, just the files running on the old client from the Project Amber/Grasscutter Online private server setup. Basically they can't emulate QoL features until it's released. At least that better be the reason. That loading bar sucks.

Look at this hilarious shit. They went and added an air bubble under the ass of characters while they're swimming, so nobody has to see a butt.

crumbs

It's just showcasing the new selection menu and stuff. The leakers don't have the new client, just the files running on the old client from the Project Amber/Grasscutter Online private server setup. Basically they can't emulate QoL features until it's released. At least that better be the reason. That loading bar sucks.

Look at this hilarious shit. They went and added an air bubble under the ass of characters while they're swimming, so nobody has to see a butt.

This is not the bubble butt I expected when I started playing this game :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Also, that Lyney design looks even worse animated. The devs are also really leaning into the cutesy animal thing with more cats, catgirls, and even a mechanical penguin.

Pejo

Gold Member
Thought TCG was too boring to bother playing it?

Well MHY thought of you guys, now you can be even more bored, sitting in spectator mode and watching other people play it.

-wca0u2EoDk4aF9oSEj-i4iCDrYZ5cIsva3YsEdGf8o.jpg

In a way I appreciate that they didn't just give up on the mode despite the general playerbase not enjoying it, but I sure hope they're not wasting resources on this shit that would be better spent elsewhere.

*edit*

New OST is great, as usual. Very whimsical.

I recommend 3_4 and 7_11 so far.

Also 10_1

So good.

Last edited:
So over the extended 4th of July weekend (had 5 days in a row off) needed a break from Street Fighter 6 as that’s literally all I’ve been playing (160 hours since it dropped) and was looking for a new game. My gf started playing Genshin and I was like oh neat, I remember trying it when it launched for a few hours but it was a case of the right game at the wrong time, and I just had other games I was playing then… well now the time is right and I’m hopelessly addicted to it. I’m LOVING this game (also Star Rail but that’s another story)

This game really is amazing. The music, gilding over a vast land, climbing mountains, the exploration, even the combat is good. Damn. They really nailed it. It’s no wonder this game took over the world.

I’ve played gacha games before, so I don’t put too much hope into getting anything, as long as I can do the story and most of the other content I’m perfectly happy with that. I like the design of the boy traveler, somehow he makes me think of Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics, Lisa is awesome and has such a great design. I also recently got Razor and was so happy, did his quest and figured he’d be playable, but actually getting him was wonderful. Couldn’t care less what’s meta, I’ll make it work.

My gf who isn’t a huge gamer but does play games from time to time told me she tbh Js it’s better then BOTW, saying she’s having more fun in Genshin, and likes how the weapons don’t break. She hasn’t ever played a f2p game before and keeps commenting about how she can’t believe the game is free lol. Like it just doesn’t make sense to her hahahahahah

We got the hoyo app, and are all dialed in. I even paid for the blessing card, $5 for the time I’ve already spent in the game is nothing. I think other companies should take note and could learn a few things from Mihoyo. The game is more polished, alive, and entertaining than 90% of the stuff on the market.

As an adult, it’s hard to find games that make you feel that wonder and excitement you had as a kid again, but god damn, they did it here. The sense of exploration, the adventure, so much stuff and even more stuff is still unlocking! Now there’s city reputation too? I can’t say enough good stuff about this game, and needed a place to gush.

TLDR
Genshin Impact is truly and genuinely an amazing game.

Pejo

Gold Member
So over the extended 4th of July weekend (had 5 days in a row off) needed a break from Street Fighter 6 as that’s literally all I’ve been playing (160 hours since it dropped) and was looking for a new game. My gf started playing Genshin and I was like oh neat, I remember trying it when it launched for a few hours but it was a case of the right game at the wrong time, and I just had other games I was playing then… well now the time is right and I’m hopelessly addicted to it. I’m LOVING this game (also Star Rail but that’s another story)

This game really is amazing. The music, gilding over a vast land, climbing mountains, the exploration, even the combat is good. Damn. They really nailed it. It’s no wonder this game took over the world.

I’ve played gacha games before, so I don’t put too much hope into getting anything, as long as I can do the story and most of the other content I’m perfectly happy with that. I like the design of the boy traveler, somehow he makes me think of Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics, Lisa is awesome and has such a great design. I also recently got Razor and was so happy, did his quest and figured he’d be playable, but actually getting him was wonderful. Couldn’t care less what’s meta, I’ll make it work.

My gf who isn’t a huge gamer but does play games from time to time told me she tbh Js it’s better then BOTW, saying she’s having more fun in Genshin, and likes how the weapons don’t break. She hasn’t ever played a f2p game before and keeps commenting about how she can’t believe the game is free lol. Like it just doesn’t make sense to her hahahahahah

We got the hoyo app, and are all dialed in. I even paid for the blessing card, $5 for the time I’ve already spent in the game is nothing. I think other companies should take note and could learn a few things from Mihoyo. The game is more polished, alive, and entertaining than 90% of the stuff on the market.

As an adult, it’s hard to find games that make you feel that wonder and excitement you had as a kid again, but god damn, they did it here. The sense of exploration, the adventure, so much stuff and even more stuff is still unlocking! Now there’s city reputation too? I can’t say enough good stuff about this game, and needed a place to gush.

TLDR
Genshin Impact is truly and genuinely an amazing game.
Welcome to the game and the thread, glad you're having a great time with it. You'll probably hear a majority of grumbling in here from time to time, but the fact that we've stuck with it for 3+ years is a testament to its quality, despite the shit we give it. You're in the best part of the game though, you have literally hundreds of hours of content to get through. Be careful of overspending because the genre of gacha games is built around exposing your weakness to make you pay for stuff, but it's perfectly enjoyable totally for free (or for 5 bucks in your case).

If you have any questions or whatever, feel free to ask.

A few quick newbie tips -
  • Whether you like Amber or not, you're stuck with her for the majority of the first two regions for her ability to light torches and solve Pyro related puzzles. With how slow it is to re-adjust your party, I'd consider keeping her in your team and leveling her to 50~ at least, as you start to gain levels and character ascensions. I'd argue that the Geo flavored Traveler is equally important, but not until you get to Liyue.
  • The majority of cost of materials and money is to level characters from 70+ and their talents (think strengthening their moves). There's zero harm in trying all characters out until that point and finding teams that work for you.
  • Reactions are the core component of the combat system. Each element reacts with other elements in a variety of ways. Finding a team that gels well together will make life easier on you than building 1 super strong character and exclusively using them for combat. It's designed for you to switch between characters often.
  • Artifacts are important, but not until you get to at least "purple" tier quality, I'd argue gold tier. Just throw on whatever you get while leveling and don't worry about farming them until you can start getting gold tier quality drops. This doesn't really matter until higher world levels.
  • Save your primogems and pink wishes. Blue wishes can be used at any time or hoarded, as they've been recently adding new characters to the "standard" banner. Pink wishes get you rolls on the limited time banners where all the new hotness and reruns go. Never spend primogems on the blue wishes.
  • Every calendar month, there are pink and blue wishes you can buy in the shop using the non-premium glitter currency that you get from making wishes. Make sure you prioritze those before buying anything else.
Anyways, those are just some things that can help avoid wasting early resources when they're coming in plentiful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Pejo Pejo
I have some experience with other gacha games. Played Brave Exvius for nearly 2 years and then played DFOO pretty seriously for 2 years. Didn’t spend hardly anything except for the occasional 99¢ deal or some really good offers. Very rarely in DFOO and just planned pulls and saved, with the pity I was able to get everyone I wanted and was able to keep up with end game stuff like Entropy and Dimensions End dungeons. Not sure if I’ll play Genshin to that level, but I am really enjoying my time so far. Once I get caught up with the story I’ll reassess my goals and go from there.

Ya I’ve noticed with characters like Amber she’s necessary for stuff like that snowy Dragon mountain and general map exploring. It’s actually interesting to me because it creates this extra layer, there are good battle characters and good exploration characters. Like my map party has amber and a claymore user lol. Do wish it didn’t take so long to switch parties , but it’s a minor gripe.

Good tip on 70+ I was wondering how much I should invest in all these extra characters.
Im almost Adventure Level 30 and have already run out of Mora once because I was going a little crazy, but that was part of the learning process. I have a better understanding now, like which weapons work with which characters, artifacts, ect. And I read somewhere to not bother with artifact dungeons until at least AL45?

I also did do some reading on wishes. Been converting all my priogems into pink wishes. The blues ones I just spend every 10. Does this games not have like a 10+1 for saving up? Or is there a rate increase behind the scenes for doing a multi pull? Also what’s the pity system in this game, I keep hearing 70, but sometimes 90? Does it end with each banner or follow you to the next event banner?

On damage, I saw very quickly that element reactions were the way to go. The damage without them is fairly low lol. Still working out how exactly to set up a party, 4 “good” characters that each have elements that work together, or 2 pairs that complement each other, or finally just 1 “main” character who attacks and 3 other that support with various buffs and elements? Not sure what’s most effective atm, and things keep changing as I’m getting new characters and unlocking more stuff all the time.

Fuz Fuz
Oh yes, boarding for sure. I’m actually going to dump everything I have for Eula before the banner ends, hope I can get her. Made the mistake of doing a few pulls on the Kazuya (spelled?) banner and got stuck with 2 copies of the little yellow loli girl, so I decided to not spend anything else on that banner.

Pejo

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo
I have some experience with other gacha games. Played Brave Exvius for nearly 2 years and then played DFOO pretty seriously for 2 years. Didn’t spend hardly anything except for the occasional 99¢ deal or some really good offers. Very rarely in DFOO and just planned pulls and saved, with the pity I was able to get everyone I wanted and was able to keep up with end game stuff like Entropy and Dimensions End dungeons. Not sure if I’ll play Genshin to that level, but I am really enjoying my time so far. Once I get caught up with the story I’ll reassess my goals and go from there.
Sounds like a good plan. I used to play FFBE too, so you've seen the truly ugly side of gacha already.
Ya I’ve noticed with characters like Amber she’s necessary for stuff like that snowy Dragon mountain and general map exploring. It’s actually interesting to me because it creates this extra layer, there are good battle characters and good exploration characters. Like my map party has amber and a claymore user lol. Do wish it didn’t take so long to switch parties , but it’s a minor gripe.
They all can more or less be used if you really want to force them, but yea some characters are superior in exploration. Kazuha, Yelan, Kirara, Wanderer are exploration-core, unfortunately all limited characters other than Kirara who is 4*. Starting next patch we are getting a free 4* character that is like budget Yelan though, which is cool. I'm one of the people that picks characters that i like first for teams, then figure out how to make them work, but there are hundreds of resources out there for team builds if you're looking to run meta. I don't think anybody in this thread follows meta very closely though. The good content simply isn't difficult enough for it to matter, and the hardest content just insn't that fun, to me at least.
Good tip on 70+ I was wondering how much I should invest in all these extra characters.
Im almost Adventure Level 30 and have already run out of Mora once because I was going a little crazy, but that was part of the learning process. I have a better understanding now, like which weapons work with which characters, artifacts, ect. And I read somewhere to not bother with artifact dungeons until at least AL45?
As you rank up your Adventurer Rank (AR) and World Level (WL), all farmable resources will naturally start to give more resources, so don't worry about any resource stuff until after AR45, as you heard about artifacts. If you need Mora, farm Mora leylines, if you need xp, farm xp leylines, etc. In the grand scheme, you are super early and you'll get those resources back super quickly from events + playing the game, so no sense min/maxing that stuff or stressing about it. It's worth mentioning though that Resin - the "stamina" of this game is used for all farmable content from domains/leylines, and any activity that uses Resin will also give you AR xp. So if you're a few xp short of an AR level and you want to push it, just do a leyline or domain or something.
I also did do some reading on wishes. Been converting all my priogems into pink wishes. The blues ones I just spend every 10. Does this games not have like a 10+1 for saving up? Or is there a rate increase behind the scenes for doing a multi pull? Also what’s the pity system in this game, I keep hearing 70, but sometimes 90? Does it end with each banner or follow you to the next event banner?
You actually don't have to do any manual conversion to wishes unless you like looking at the numbers. When you go to pull on a banner, it will auto convert the primogems into the appropriate wish type on the banner you're pulling from. There is no 10+1 type situation, but every 10 rolls (whether single or multi) will award you with at least a purple weapon/character, depending on the banner. For Pity, soft pity starts at 70, and hard pity is 90. Usually on average you'll get your 5* character or weapon at 75~ish pulls. Only a few of us have been so unlucky as to go all the way to 90 pulls. There is also a 50/50 mechanic at play. So if you roll on a limited banner, but get an off-banner 5* character, your next 5* will guarantee the banner character. So you can't lose twice in a row in other words.
On damage, I saw very quickly that element reactions were the way to go. The damage without them is fairly low lol. Still working out how exactly to set up a party, 4 “good” characters that each have elements that work together, or 2 pairs that complement each other, or finally just 1 “main” character who attacks and 3 other that support with various buffs and elements? Not sure what’s most effective atm, and things keep changing as I’m getting new characters and unlocking more stuff all the time.
It's worth noting that you get small bonuses for having 2+ of the same element characters in your party. Stuff like Electro = free extra energy charge, Pyro = free extra 25% attack, etc. All of your methods of teambuilding you mentioned above are valid. I personally like teams with a hypercarry damage character and 3 characters enabling them, but quick swap reaction focused parties are fun too, and great for harder content.

deanote666

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Oh yes, boarding for sure. I’m actually going to dump everything I have for Eula before the banner ends, hope I can get her. Made the mistake of doing a few pulls on the Kazuya (spelled?) banner and got stuck with 2 copies of the little yellow loli girl, so I decided to not spend anything else on that banner.
Kokomi might be coming the next banner rotation, and she's one of the best healers, fyi. ;)

There's several layers of gatcha pity.

On the limited character banners, you're guaranteed a 5* character at 90 pulls.

"Soft pity" is between 70-80 pulls and is where you get the majority of your 5* characters.

The first 5* character you get has a 50/50 chance to be the featured 5* character or one of the other 5* in the non-limited pool.

If you lose the 50/50, the next 5* character is guaranteed to be the banner 5* character.

Your guaranteed 5* if you lose 50/50 and the number of pulls towards pity on the limited character banner does not reset when banners switch.

There are no 5* weapons on the limited character banner.

Now onto the weapon banner...

Bedore pulling, in the bottom left corner of the weapon banner screen, there's an option to choose one of the featured weapons. Make sure you confirm it confirms your choice!

The weapon banner has a pity at 80 pulls and soft pity around 60-70 pulls.

The weapon 5* has a chance to be one of the 2 featured 5* weapons or one of the 5* in the non-limited pool.

If your 5* isn't one of the featured 2, the next 5* is guaranteed one of the featured 2.

Remember when you picked one of the 2 featured weapons? If you still don't have it after 2 5*, the 3rd 5* is guaranteed the 5* you picked.

The number of pulls to a pity 5* does not reset each banner.

However, the number of 5* needed to get the guaranteed 5* you picked DOES reset when the banners switch.

Not sure if the get an off banner 5*, next 5* guaranteed one of the 2 featured carries over.

On either the weapon/character/standard banner, you're supposedly guaranteed a 4* weapon/character in a 10 pull but I think I've yet to go 10 single pulls without a 4*.

Standard banner has no guaranteed 5* (at this time). Just soft pity at 70-80 pulls, regular pity at 90 pulls. Standard banner 5* can be a weapon or character that's in the non-limited pool.

Last edited:
Pejo Pejo
Did not know that about having 2 of the same element, very interesting. Have been going out of my way to avoid doubling up on elements. This adds a new wrinkle to things… very cool

Edit.
Also thanks for the detailed responses guys. Good shit. I guess I’ll just throw blue wishes out as I get them if there’s no 10 pull bonus.
Still going to save pink wishes tho… some habits just die hard lol

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Oh a fellow DFFOO player! Been playing it since day 1 every day. Best Final Fantasy since X. Don't mistake this game for DFFOO though. DFFOO is extremely generous, while Genshin is definitely not. Mihoyo is miserable with the resources. Don't be fooled with the initial abundance of resources, it's just smoke and mirrors.

Oh a fellow DFFOO player! Been playing it since day 1 every day. Best Final Fantasy since X. Don't mistake this game for DFFOO though. DFFOO is extremely generous, while Genshin is definitely not. Mihoyo is miserable with the resources. Don't be fooled with the initial abundance of resources, it's just smoke and mirrors.
Ya I remember DFOO being super generous as a f2p, how is that game these days? I left shortly after Aranea came out she was so good lol. Got super busy that summer and Covid/lockdown was starting, and was just burnt out. I literally played daily for a bit over 2 years straight.

Fuz

Banned
Icymanipulator Icymanipulator Now that I'm back at my PC I can give a bit more of my two cents. Disclaimer: other veterans might not agree.

- DO NOT pull for the weapon banner, ever. It's a huge scam.
- It's safe to level up all characters to 50, the costs ramp up later on. It also gives you a few blue wishes. After that, invest in your favourites (or meta, you do you) only. Eventually, there's also no need to 90 characters, they're ok at 80 (but do last ascension) - I only have one at 90.
- Similar for talents: the suggested levels for them if not wanting to max to save up, are 4 and 7.
- "Been converting all my priogems into pink wishes." No need for this, you can convert on the fly when pulling. I'd personally keep the primos... you never know.
- Don't do artifact domains before AR45, non-gold artifacts are completely useless.
- [controversial] Don't do the last world ascension quest. There's basically no rewards for doing that (loot rates increase for a laughable amount, you will never notice a difference) and the enemies just become HP sponges. Consider also that when they add a new region they ramp up the difficulty, and having those new HP sponges can be very annoying when trying to explore. You might consider doing it if enemies just explode in half a sec when you got your teams built and you feel you get bored - but there's no going back.
- I wanted to add something else but I forgot what it was
cikYa.gif

Ya I remember DFOO being super generous as a f2p, how is that game these days? I left shortly after Aranea came out she was so good lol. Got super busy that summer and Covid/lockdown was starting, and was just burnt out. I literally played daily for a bit over 2 years straight.
Still great, they released some really cool characters (I absolutely love Quina and Rubicante gameplay) but I absolutely hate the new difficulty tier due to the new weapon (FR) mechanics, which is - oversemplifying here - a bonus damage for 10 turns that ramps up. The result is that outside that 10 turn window you do like 1% damage or less, making it an insane slog and a planning nightmare. Most of the community hates it.
Anyway, they're supposed to release a "time traveling" Sephiroth in four days, and I'm super hyped.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Icymanipulator Icymanipulator Now that I'm back at my PC I can give a bit more of my two cents. Disclaimer: other veterans might not agree.

- DO NOT pull for the weapon banner, ever. It's a huge scam.
If you're not a spender, agreed. The banner itself sucks ass and they've been making each weapon more and more niche to only work well with a single character, which sucks.
- It's safe to level up all characters to 50, the costs ramp up later on. It also gives you a few blue wishes. After that, invest in your favourites (or meta, you do you) only. Eventually, there's also no need to 90 characters, they're ok at 80 (but do last ascension) - I only have one at 90.
Character level increases a few "hidden" damage mechanics, most notably elemental reaction damage. I disagree on not building your characters to 90, especially if you already limit broke them. But Fuz Fuz is a notorious hoarder, and the amount of resources you spend increases a LOT between 80-90.
- Similar for talents: the suggested levels for them if not wanting to max to save up, are 4 and 7.
Good advice. I eventually get everyone to 9/9/9 for their talents just for completionist's sake. There are limited-time, limited-quantity items from events called crowns that will let you fully max out a character's talents. One crown per talent, and brings them up to a maximum of 10/10/10 or 10/13/13 if you have max constellations of them (think duplicates). It's a good way to cap off your strongest or favorite characters.
- "Been converting all my priogems into pink wishes." No need for this, you can convert on the fly when pulling. I'd personally keep the primos... you never know.
yep
- Don't do artifact domains before AR45, non-gold artifacts are completely useless.
yep
- [controversial] Don't do the last world ascension quest. There's basically no rewards for doing that (loot rates increase for a laughable amount, you will never notice a difference) and the enemies just become HP sponges. Consider also that when they add a new region they ramp up the difficulty, and having those new HP sponges cen be very annoying when trying to explore. You might consider doing it if enemies just explode in half a sec when you got your teams built and you feel you get bored - but there's no going back.
Fuz Fuz is still the only person in the thread stuck on World Level 6. I do agree that the last few world levels do have a more sizable jump in enemy stats than the first few, but once you have your characters sufficiently built out, there is zero harm to raising that final level. I think I was about a few months behind the curve for raising mine to the max, but it's been incredibly easy once I was prepared with enough characters maxed out. And unlike when he said "but there's no going back", you actually can go back and lower your world level by 1 at any time. So if you get too ahead of yourself and advance only to find out that your characters are too weak, you can go into the menu and reverse it back 1 level.

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz is still the only person in the thread stuck on World Level 6. I do agree that the last few world levels do have a more sizable jump in enemy stats than the first few, but once you have your characters sufficiently built out, there is zero harm to raising that final level. I think I was about a few months behind the curve for raising mine to the max, but it's been incredibly easy once I was prepared with enough characters maxed out. And unlike when he said "but there's no going back", you actually can go back and lower your world level by 1 at any time. So if you get too ahead of yourself and advance only to find out that your characters are too weak, you can go into the menu and reverse it back 1 level.
Yeah... just 1 level though.
And what's there to gain? Fucking nothing.
(Can't find better resources about it. Also too lazy.)

Just some little things that happened and that I noticed that are cool and nice touches

Got hit by lighting while it was raining and there’s a fucking achievement for that LOL

didn’t notice until i ascended a weapon twice but they change how they look, bloodstained claymore turns all red, was surprised by this. Very cool.

Fuz

Banned
Just some little things that happened and that I noticed that are cool and nice touches

Got hit by lighting while it was raining and there’s a fucking achievement for that LOL

didn’t notice until i ascended a weapon twice but they change how they look, bloodstained claymore turns all red, was surprised by this. Very cool.
You mean this?
bloodtainted-greatsword-claymore-weapon-genshin-impact-wiki-guide-150px.png

Here's another tip: don't waste any resources on 3★ weapons. Very few and specific exceptions.
4★ are fine.

You mean this?
bloodtainted-greatsword-claymore-weapon-genshin-impact-wiki-guide-150px.png

Here's another tip: don't waste any resources on 3★ weapons. Very few and specific exceptions.
4★ are fine.
Ya that one !
Ok, good tip.

Partly I have been upgrading them because I don’t have hardly any 4* weapons and partly because the mats I’ve had to use so far have been plentiful and I can farm them at cecilias garden or the other dungeon in Luyie (fuck I can’t remember how to spell any of these places lol)

deanote666

Gold Member
Ya that one !
Ok, good tip.

Partly I have been upgrading them because I don’t have hardly any 4* weapons and partly because the mats I’ve had to use so far have been plentiful and I can farm them at cecilias garden or the other dungeon in Luyie (fuck I can’t remember how to spell any of these places lol)
I still have to google names for proper spelling so no biggie.

You have to do what you have to do in the early game.

Early game, you need to level 3* star artifacts too. Don't worry too much about matching artifact sets until you can reliably get 4* or 5* (preferably 5*). Level up artifacts that have atk % main stats to help you get better numbers quickly. Worry about crit, etc. later when you can farm reliably. You can recycle your leveled artifact into a newer one so you're not losing much by leveling lower tier artifacts.

Once you get a full party that can do decent damage, you can start getting picky with weapons/artifacts.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
So here's how they make you pull for their new terrible femboy characters and their weapons:

H6F1B1q.png

I bet you 10 bucks that there are enemies that can only be damaged by either Ousia or Pneuma type damage, or that have a shield that can only be broken by that type of damage.

Fucking shysters.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
So my fears came true, but it seems you need new characters as well as weapons. Everything you've collected up 'till now is borderline useless. Fantastico.

Pejo

Gold Member
So my fears came true, but it seems you need new characters as well as weapons. Everything you've collected up 'till now is borderline useless. Fantastico.
But the bootlickers will say "you have the traveler already, and Lynette is free in 4.0, so you've got your bases covered!"

I hate color-coded enemies based on principal ever since DmC, having to pay real money to beat them is a whole new level.

The craftable Fontaine weapons better all work, that's all I'm saying. I refuse to roll for Lyney/Femininet.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
But the bootlickers will say "you have the traveler already, and Lynette is free in 4.0, so you've got your bases covered!"

I hate color-coded enemies based on principal ever since DmC, having to pay real money to beat them is a whole new level.

The craftable Fontaine weapons better all work, that's all I'm saying. I refuse to roll for Lyney/Femininet.
It's not just some easily ignored twinks in 4.0, but something that will remain an issue throughout Fontaine and perhaps beyond. It limits your team building, forces you to use new and rare weapons, introduces even more strategic wishing to cover all bases. They can and will abuse this mechanic to boost certain characters that wouldn't sell otherwise and folks will struggle to build well-rounded teams.

Character has ER issues? Tough shit, can't use Favonius or Sacrifical weapons. People will be desperate to get more weapons, so they'll try pulling for new exclusive 4-star weapons, but I bet the most popular weapon banners (archon) won't have any of the new ones. Wanna put Kazuha in your team? He won't be able to kill shit so here Lynette instead. Oh she sucks at C0? You know what to do...

Such a blatant money-sucking scheme, disgusting.

That’s looks rough, maybe there will be a way to grind and make other weapons useable at some point? I’m so far from there that hopefully by the time I reach that content it will be ok. Would be crazy if they straight up made all peoples old stuff unusable.

Edit. Oh I see, this is just speculation

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So here's how they make you pull for their new terrible femboy characters and their weapons:

H6F1B1q.png

I bet you 10 bucks that there are enemies that can only be damaged by either Ousia or Pneuma type damage, or that have a shield that can only be broken by that type of damage.

Fucking shysters.
I hope it's just cosmetic and it won't work as you predict.

That would probably be the end of my Genshin career. That would free me.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
EVO (fighting game tournament) trailer list leaked, and apparently there's something called Genshin Impact: Cross Connect going to be announced with a trailer.

So Genshin is getting a fighting game spinoff?

crumbs

H6F1B1q.png

Fucking shysters.
I really hope this prediction is wrong. My interest in this game is wavering with every Fontaine leak, introducing something like this would probably be the finishing blow.

A big part of what made Dendro work was that, while you needed to add new Dendro characters, the new reactions increased the value of your existing electro and hydro characters.

Dregnel

yeah it's confirmed that you can only stun those enemies from fontaine with these weird elements, if you want to stun the new enemies with your old characters you need these weapons.

Fuz

Banned
EVO (fighting game tournament) trailer list leaked, and apparently there's something called Genshin Impact: Cross Connect going to be announced with a trailer.

So Genshin is getting a fighting game spinoff?
0e3.png

but I can't see how it can be a gacha (because let's be real, it will be) and not be a complete disaster. It just won't work for fighting games.

Fuz

Banned
yeah it's confirmed that you can only stun those enemies from fontaine with these weird elements, if you want to stun the new enemies with your old characters you need these weapons.
There should be a fucking giant uproar about this.

But retarded whiteknights, lol.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
There should be a fucking giant uproar about this.

But retarded whiteknights, lol.
Well at least it sounds like you can use the characters OR the weapons. I wonder if it's just like "hit them once to stun" or if you have to do accumulated damage. If it's the first one, it's annoying but not THAT bad, since you can just throw one of the crafted weapons on a support and tap them before switching out.

I still don't like color coded enemies on principle and I hope they catch a lot of shit for not making all characters have the mechanic.

Fuz

Banned
Well at least it sounds like you can use the characters OR the weapons.
I don't wanna do either.
D8TTC.gif

Besides, I thought I understood (from the leaks subreddit) that for the weapon is just a visual effect. Not sure, I might have misunderstood.

I still don't like color coded enemies on principle and I hope they catch a lot of shit for not making all characters have the mechanic.
Dream on, I was already fighting the whiteknights on reddit. I might get a ban on my troll account, lol.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I don't wanna do either.
D8TTC.gif

Besides, I thought I understood (from the leaks subreddit) that for the weapon is just a visual effect. Not sure, I might have misunderstood.
I think you can choose to apply one element or the other to the weapons, indicated by the visual effect. I don't know if you can freely swap the element or if it's permanent or whatever on the weapons once you apply it though.
Dream on, I was already fighting the whiteknights on reddit. I might get a ban on my troll account, lol.
I dunno if it's because Twitter is shitting the bed, but reddit feels even more insufferable than usual lately.

• Surprised

Fuz

Banned
Man, the last preprint for the play is the most boring, pointless shit ever.

The "Link Between Worlds" gimmick could have been cool and fun, but no. It's just another layer of bloating without any challenge or anything interesting.

And they never fucking shut up MY GOD it's torture.
I think you can choose to apply one element or the other to the weapons, indicated by the visual effect. I don't know if you can freely swap the element or if it's permanent or whatever on the weapons once you apply it though.
Again, I might have completely misunderstood, but I thought the character alignment is what gives the light/dark visual effect. I could be 100% wrong on this.

Hey, just realized we sort of have light/dark element that don't interact with the other elements. Exactly what I predicted years ago. Sort of.

By the way, do we know who will be the 4 star in the next banners?

Last edited:
Did my first hangout event with Barbara
Am I missing something? Could have sworn I read that they are a decent source of priogems, don’t feel like I got that much from it.

Also passed Adventure Rank 30!

I dumped what few resources I had into the Eula banner and got Jack shit lol now to go into desperation mode and find as many priogems as possible before the banner ends. Might have to put Street Fighter and Star Rail on hold and just grind Genshin

Last edited:
Top Bottom