• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GEOFF CRYING: Metal Gear Solid Rising VGA Trailer Leaked [TTP says hi]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Looks good but nothing like an MGS game. MG with zing but I want a good ole MGS game or just go onto ZOE or something else.

gdt

That trailer was straight Vanquish. The style, the speed, the closeups...time for a replay.

Meh on the MGS part.

Cool trailer, but now that it's turned into a button-masher, I'm really not sure if I'm getting this. What I wanted was a bit of the gameplay we saw (dialled back a little), plus traditional MGS gameplay.

Well, at least Quinton is back.... and it's PLATINUM GAMES.

So.... Raiden went a little crazy between MGS2 and 4, then got some zen training to become his MGS4 self? Haha

Good thing the Snake arc ended with dignity, because my brain is having trouble associating this with the 1998 masterpiece. Not that it doesn't look good just that it shouldn't have MGS in the tittle at all.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I thought some of the combat looked surprisingly stiff for Platinum Games, but it's still early, so I'll keep an open mind. Let's see if that $5 off promo code from Amazon will ever get used.

interest waning, especially with platinum at the helm.

i was down for a new kind of gameplay starring raiden, but this seems pretty mindless.

and i know metal gear is dumb, but does anyone else think that this might be a little too dumb for metal gear? i mean...reveangance? really?

Zen

Banned
why rehash the story? New, fresh story makes alot of sense. If it's one thing I really like about this new game (as i'm not convinced yet) is the certainly progressed Raiden to be alot more likeable now.

How. Raiden sounds like a complete sociopath. MGS4 and the ending of MGS4 made Raiden into a likable character. What we'll get in Rising is a regression into a complete cliche, at least based off of what we've seen so far.

He's basically talking exactly like Travis Touchdown. Travis is great because he's consistent with his own universe. Nothing about Rising is consistent with MGS4 or, presumably, what MGS5 will be like from Kojima and his team.

interest waning, especially with platinum at the helm.

i was down for a new kind of gameplay starring raiden, but this seems pretty mindless.

and i know metal gear is dumb, but does anyone else think that this might be a little too dumb for metal gear? i mean...reveangance? really?
Never underestimate Metal Gear. Metal Gear AC!D had a giant gorilla man who shot rocket fists and a dude who spat fire from a tank of gas he carried on his shoulder. Sometimes, sometimes things just go bad.

I'm fully down for a Metal Gear game to stop taking itself so seriously while choking on its waja. Ready for Rising!

Don't know why so many people are hating on the game. I liked it.
It looks good to me too, going to replace Ninja Gaiden as the go-to swords action game. The graphics are not groundbreaking but Platinum Games has never been known for that. They are known for great fast paced gameplay in their action games though, so I am sure they will deliver in that.

legacyzero

Banned
I've been reading about the return of Vamp from fellow Gaffers... Could it really be him? I mean, I see the resemblance,
but he totally died in MGS4
.........NANOMACHINES.

I've been reading about the return of Vamp from fellow Gaffers... Could it really be him? I mean, I see the resemblance
I don't think that is Vamp, as I don't think that is the same voice done by Phil Lamarr in the trailer. Then again, characters don't actually die in Metal Gear games. :/

Rising_Hei

I hope that the end of the game will be this:

"VR MISSION ENDED, THANKS FOR PLAYING"

Then MGS 4's Raiden goes and say: look how stupid could i've been if i still had the sword around

I say this because this basically destroys anything likeable about MGS's universe.

Well, he's even got a bullet hole scar to the forehead just like vamp. Cept this time he doesn't look........like Vamp. All pale and veiny.
Maybe it is Vamp, he became depressed after losing his nanomachines and realizing he is not immortal after all so he asked to become a cyborg instead so he can continue his romance with Raiden.

JimFear

Banned
rising-4boos7.gif

i would like to have this .gif as a 200kb file for msn messenger please :)

Exactly.

ihhDnP9FOgPcR.gif

Note: I didn't speed this image up at all. Hate when people do that.
iERbWaj5zMuZi.gif

There is a feeling of power here that just isn't in the new videos at all. It looked fairly different from your typical action game which is what I liked about it.

The Watermelon Troupe did some beautiful work there. So sad that it turned into a buttonmasher game (no knock against Platinum).

LoL at people arguing about Raiden's consistency. He isn't even the same in four compared to his character in two. Neither is Snake. Who cares? MGS4 already ruined the series, at this point nothing matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom