• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition leaked

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
They'd release that MGS3 remaster that broke the internet

^This is what MGS3 fans actually believe.

Look, Snake Eater was good but we get it. We have all experienced the game where the legendary Big Boss gets beaten up by a 130 pound woman for the entire game. Le sad flower field scene ;_; le graveyard salute o_o7 ok yes we get it. You fight a guy who grows bees in his stomach and an astronaut who turns into flaming skulls but MGS3 fans always conveniently don't mention that part.

Thabass

Look, Snake Eater was good but we get it. We have all experienced the game where the legendary Big Boss gets beaten up by a 130 pound woman for the entire game. Le sad flower field scene ;_; le graveyard salute o_o7 ok yes we get it. You fight a guy who grows bees in his stomach and an astronaut who turns into flaming skulls but MGS3 fans always conveniently don't mention that part.

Just one of many amazing moments. Also they did release that...

As a Pachinko game.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this is why i hate when people complain about the writing. they loved MGS3 and most of it makes no sense.

still rolling my eyes whenever i see a comment saying "come on, a guy on fire?" im like yes, have you never seen an action movie before, you joyless pedant?

it'd be like if you tried to watch Predator with someone over your shoulder saying "They would have run out of bullets by now" and "Arnold couldn't lift that tree log in real life". here's a cookie, go away

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Kingdom of the Flies as a pre-order bonus??? That's the main reason to go back and do this. I can't tell if that's a giveaway that this is such unbelievable BS or crazy enough to be something Konami would actually do.

With the way things have been going, they would get David Hayter involved as either Ishmael or Ahab, not keep Keifer and get Richard Doyle.

The idea that Fukushima was the secret ingredient behind the original MGS trilogy was one among several incoherent conspiracy theories completely made up by an insane gaffer.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Kingdom of the Flies as a pre-order bonus??? That's the main reason to go back and do this. I can't tell if that's a giveaway that this is such unbelievable BS or crazy enough to be something Konami would actually do.

Its actually just the main reason why you should think this whole story is bullshit.

Yes, lets give away a sequence that only matters because it was a bonus ending in the original plan cut for time/other reasons.... Err, what kind of sense would that make?

KOMANI

KOMANI
This is mgsv’s snake tales. Cool if true.

The only thing this rumor needed was adding a level editor

Last edited:
As fake as fake can be but I would really like to see such a madness take form.

While I severely dislike the current shape of Konami, I still want them to make at least one mainline MGS game without Kojima.

To see they rewrite Kojimas last opus... An intriguing sacrilege that would be.

Hey, I need more Fox Engine in my life too.

VulcanRaven

I liked those things you mentioned. The Fury is one of my favorite boss battles. The game is great. Best game in the series after MGS1.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
MGS2: Solid Snake is still playable, can be played in the bonus levels, and is still a badass in the story from a second perspective. Solid Snake's experience in MGS1 was so profound that it was used to model Raiden's simulated experience at the Big Shell as a means to test how to control society through narratives & expectations. Solid Snake fans = alpha chads.

MGSV: Big Boss is only playable in the $40 demo and is absent for 99.9% of the game. Big Boss's experience in MGS3 was all planned by Skullface, a forgettable shit character. Big Boss fans = utter cucks.

rdzntjf28whz.png

longdi

Banned
Didn't have any problems with "low FOV".

Did you ever think it was intentional though? Especially for a stealth game?
I dont think it should work this way for game play purposes, needed more view and more visual /audio cues.
Any case, the low fov and shakey cam makes me wana puke after an hour, hence i completed the game via youtube.

People complain MGSV have no story, but its youtube runtime is the longest.

CJ_75

I would buy GZ and TPP all over again if it only was the David Hayter edition.
I am familiar with TPP story and why Kiefer Sutherland is a better fit for the game but my brain thinks like, if the guy looks like Solid Snake/Big Boss, it also suppose to sound like David Hayter's Snake voice.
The “Kept you waiting, huh?” from Kiefer was a slap in the face for me.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I dont think it should work this way for game play purposes, needed more view and more visual /audio cues.
Any case, the low fov and shakey cam makes me wana puke after an hour, hence i completed the game via youtube.

People complain MGSV have no story, but its youtube runtime is the longest.
No it isn’t. MGS4 and some versions of Peace walker yt runtimes are longer. The longest story video of mgsv includes actual gameplay too.

Edit: Mgs4 9:27:00
Mgsv 9:03:12 (with gameplay)

Last edited:
"They got Fukushima to helm the project, he's also the main writer. Team is Metal Gear veterans, with people who worked on Portable Ops and Ghost Babel on board"

I stopped reading there mgs veterans? Lmao just stop

Collin

Banned
I’m sorry but there is no way this is true and anyone who believes in this is in an idiot. If this is real i’ll give my life savings to OP.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I’m sorry but there is no way this is true and anyone who believes in this is in an idiot. If this is real i’ll give my life savings to OP.
I’ll take a 15% cut since I posted it first in the gamescom thread
How about something else from Konami...

Venom Snake (@VenemSnake) Tweeted:
........!!!?

@Nyxus_MGS @LegendarySnakeV @Konami @geoffkeighley @gamescom @YongYea @PythonSelkan
@metalgear_en @metalgear_jp
@MetalGearSolidV @MgsOuterHaven @Robin_A_Downes
@christophran @TroyBakerVA
@RealKiefer @db_singer_actor
#PlayStation4 #MetalGearSolidV #MGSV #MGS5 #MGS https://t.co/E1RxTOEwYZ

Edit: btw, i think this is totally fake

#Phonepunk#

Banned
who is Venem Snake and why did Konami wait until 2018 to sign up with that name?

or is this arabic tweet they sent supposed to be Konami? what is going on?

GZ+TPP together is a good idea. it would be more like MGS2 for people,maybe they would give it more of a chance.

Last edited:

StickyFox

Neo Member
I want this to be real, I really do after all the mess that MGSV left in my mouth. This reads way too crazy to be real, I mean no Hayter? Doesn't make any sense.

xool

Could not complete MGS5 because of its low fov and shakey cameras.
Fuck Kojima.
Hope DS ditches that shitty camera work. While fov should be fine because of Decima engine.
This is fake though. Konami is shit already.

Don't remember fov in V getting to me.. Did you play HZD ? - fov in that was atrocious (like 60 degrees horizontal) . price we pay for shiny graphics..

Mista

Banned
There's no way this is going to happen. Not without Kojima even!
As much as I'd love this, anyone who believes in this is stupid im sorry

There is a related rumour regarding a Switch port of the original TPP, which I'd say is more likely than any of this "Demon Edition" stuff.

It couldn't be any worse than the original MG5, in fairness.

If real, the "games as service" statement would be the only really huge mark against it. Everything else would be a vast improvement in basically every regard though.

Last edited:
If Konami were to outsource MGS 6 which would turn out to be a remake of metal gear 1, with young solid snake infiltrating outer heaven, which AAA western dev do you think would do it justice? CD Project RED? 343 INDUSTRIES? I would shit myself if they just called it Metal Gear. Hell i would even be down for a Hayter voiced, 2.5D Metal Gear 1 remake exclusive to Switch. It would be like the PSP games. :D

Last edited:

Life

Looks like the udders of the Metal Gear Universe are still not dry. Financially speaking, this makes sense for Konami, Re-using assets and brushing things up. It was near stupid how the protagonist you play hardly has anything to say throughout the whole game.

Still, I wouldn't buy it cos the gameplay will probably not change much. Same areas to explore etc. As for the cutscenes, I can just watch em on letsplays.

Quasicat

I was Excited to play the original way back when, but I just can’t get past the voice. If they would put David Hayter back on this I would play through it...I just can’t get past it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i like the voice. Keifer Sutherland is an interesting choice, he is less GI Joe cartoony and more of a modern action hero. more contemplative. Snake/BB never was a super talkative dude. it's a meme that he asks a lot of questions during codec calls. here is in in the field for most of the time, doing missions, building his army. missions lasting 30-60min rather than 5-10. is he supposed to spend all the time on his phone? Hayter was great, but towards the end it got to be a bit much for me. the silly James Bond style in Peace Walker would not fit the tone of this game. no need for him to play every incarnation of every Snake/Big Boss. MGS4 had a much older Big Boss with a different VA too.

MGSV's Big Boss is one who you are with all the time, he is an ambient Big Boss. you are there, alone, riding a horse through a desert canyon looking for a cave entrance to a Russian base. you are there for quite moments of staring out a helicopter while landing in Africa at 5am about to do a tense hour long mission. you are there for the entire creation of his army. that's the role of this game. it is more like a tv series, you return for endless mission after mission. you are trapped in hell, the cycle of revenge, of endless war. for that is the fate of The One That Survives, in that speech given by The Boss just before her assassination. all this is a reference to MGS3 and people don't even know it. heck, much of the Africa level design is straight up MGS3HD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
i like the voice. Keifer Sutherland is an interesting choice, he is less GI Joe cartoony and more of a modern action hero. more contemplative. Snake/BB never was a super talkative dude. it's a meme that he asks a lot of questions during codec calls. here is in in the field for most of the time, doing missions, building his army. missions lasting 30-60min rather than 5-10. is he supposed to spend all the time on his phone? Hayter was great, but towards the end it got to be a bit much for me. the silly James Bond style in Peace Walker would not fit the tone of this game. no need for him to play every incarnation of every Snake/Big Boss. MGS4 had a much older Big Boss with a different VA too.

MGSV's Big Boss is one who you are with all the time, he is an ambient Big Boss. you are there, alone, riding a horse through a desert canyon looking for a cave entrance to a Russian base. you are there for quite moments of staring out a helicopter while landing in Africa at 5am about to do a tense hour long mission. you are there for the entire creation of his army. that's the role of this game. it is more like a tv series, you return for endless mission after mission. you are trapped in hell, the cycle of revenge, of endless war. for that is the fate of The One That Survives, in that speech given by The Boss just before her assassination. all this is a reference to MGS3 and people don't even know it. heck, much of the Africa level design is straight up MGS3HD.

Honestly just bring them both back for a Metal Gear 1 remake. Didn't realize he was in this movie at first but it makes for a good villain voice rather than a heroic one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpandKong

Banned
i like the voice. Keifer Sutherland is an interesting choice, he is less GI Joe cartoony and more of a modern action hero. more contemplative. Snake/BB never was a super talkative dude. it's a meme that he asks a lot of questions during codec calls. here is in in the field for most of the time, doing missions, building his army. missions lasting 30-60min rather than 5-10. is he supposed to spend all the time on his phone? Hayter was great, but towards the end it got to be a bit much for me. the silly James Bond style in Peace Walker would not fit the tone of this game.

Did somebody throw a barstool into the room?

Oh, my mistake - it’s just the wooden acting of Keifer Sutherland in MGSV.

KOMANI

KOMANI
New fake details emerge
Our heaven is blood soaked, brought up by thousands of corpses. Our harps, assault rifles. Our angels, killers of woman and children. Our God, death. We have no country, no ideology, no reason to fight. We will kill, maim, rape, and defile for our heaven. We do it...because we love it. She choose to abandon us, to leave behind her gun, and join the rest of those...parasites. Whore."
>Most of the leak before was true.
>Announcement 8/19/2019
>Ground Zeroes integration, with some adjustments. Including a new cutscene that depicts the crash.
>Tentative title is indeed Demon Edition, but that may change. Known internally as Project Bloody Angel.
>Repurposes all of PH and GZ assets with new context, gameplay elements, and story elements. Three hours of new cutscenes and basically a completely different story.
>Richard Doyle voices Big Boss, who goes by the codename Saladin most of the time now. Far darker character. One scene has him getting off to torturing a POW with Ocelot. He's alot more aged, coma lasted 11 years in the new rendition.
>December is the planned release date that may change.
>Ocelot is back to being a sadist, voiced by Josh Keaton. He's Big Boss's number two.
>Kaz is more of a trainer instead of BB's second, but still has the same personality. Very resentful and jealous of BB throughout the game.
>Skullface is no longer real, it's Zero using hypnotherapy to change his appearance and voice to torment Big Boss.
>The Quiet thing is legit, she's no longer really a character, but a nameless assassin, her buddy role has been taken over by Albatross.
>New gameplay elements include dynamic warzones (in which you can befriend Taliban and Angola rebel groups, for special sideops and rewardsm and the open world is filled with random events like mass executions of civillians and battles), fully realized battle gear, new buddies (two, Red/Chico and Eli), deploying squads of Diamond Dog soldiers to support you, fielding Child Soldier units, and more.

Top Bottom