• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas selects Los Angeles for his $1 Billion Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to respect that he's footing the bill and not asking the city to pay for it. Sports teams could learn a thing or two from him.

Learn what exactly? I'm sure they already know they CAN spend their own money to build a stadium but the question is why when you don't have to?

Seesaw15

Why does George always look so miserable?
DDWg4QwV0AA2dXG.jpg

NYR

Why does George always look so miserable?]
Imagine making something you love so much and are responsible for in every way that when you try again after 20 years, people turn their backs on you and insult you non stop.

What he loved ended up killing his soul, he isn't ever going to let that go.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Cool location, and looks lovely. Will be outshone by Endeavour, though.

bionic77

It says a lot about me (none of it good) that this is the museum I am most interested in seeing.

Especially having seen so many brilliant museums in NYC, DC, London (might have been my favorite before this) and Paris.

matt360

Man, Chicago really fucking blew it. Or I should say the Friends of the Park group. What a bunch of morons. I would be pissed if I was a Chicagoan.

Cheerilee

Why does George always look so miserable?
DDWg4QwV0AA2dXG.jpg

He's an introvert. Public events like this are the opposite of fun for him, they're an obligation that he has to drag himself through to get to the part he really enjoys (which in this case is making a really cool museum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom