• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman signs up for "celebrity boxing match".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wait, a murderer is now a celebrity? Is this a comic book? How is this even legal?
There is no low that reality TV show producers won't stoop to. And Zimmerman's controversial presence alone will make whatever garbage he's involved in a massive hit. Such is life in this world.

Something smoldered within the dungeons of The "White" House, and for once it was not hashish.

"A thousand curses!" cried Caliph Hussein Obama, "First the honkynfidel foiled Operation Caliphate, and now he dares to challenge the first sport we stole from the white devil!" He flung his moon god idol across the room, nearly striking a trembling Jay Carney in his weak liberal forehead.

"With his superior strategy and intellect, he'll destroy any of our strongest brutes, even if they were hopped up on our most potent marihuana! If only there were a way..."

"Sir..." sniveled Carney in a probably homosexual sort of way, "Aren't... you half of each?"

Obama's face twist at the word "half" and his scimitar was already partly drawn before he stopped to reconsider.

"Yes... yes, Carney. You're right. The blood of Yacub, that for so long I considered a curse, could be my greatest weapon. I will turn the crackers' own strength against them! Carney! Call George Zimmerman! Tell him he has a match!"

Ahasverus

Killed someone in self defense and acquitted. Basically it goes like this, "Killing is murder but not all killings are murders so not all killing is bad".
No one should be pop famous for murder. No one should held someone in high regard for being a mureder. Even less while mocking the fact ("I'd even fight a black guy!"). in the best of the cases, if it was self defense, that should be a dark closed chapter of your life you should try to move on from, not your ticket to wealth, there's nothing to be proud of

This is, absolutely and utterly disgusting, for him, for the void people who contacted him, and for the bunch of useful monkeys that will find entertaiment in this.

Valhelm

contribute something
Something smoldered within the dungeons of The "White" House, and for once it was not hashish.

"A thousand curses!" cried Caliph Hussein Obama, "First the honkynfidel foiled Operation Caliphate, and now he dares to challenge the first sport we stole from the white devil!" He flung his moon god idol across the room, nearly striking a trembling Jay Carney in his weak liberal forehead.

"With his superior strategy and intellect, he'll destroy any of our strongest brutes, even if they were hopped up on our most potent marihuana! If only there were a way..."

"Sir..." sniveled Carney in a probably homosexual sort of way, "Aren't... you half of each?"

Obama's face twist at the word "half" and his scimitar was already partly drawn before he stopped to reconsider.

"Yes... yes, Carney. You're right. The blood of Yacub, that for so long I considered a curse, could be my greatest weapon. I will turn the crackers' own strength against them! Carney! Call George Zimmerman! Tell him he has a match!"

431.gif

No one should be pop famous for murder. No one should held someone in high regard for being a mureder. Even less while mocking the fact ("I'd even fight a black guy!"). in the best of the cases, if it was self defense, that should be a dark closed chapter of your life, not your ticket to wealth. This is, absolutely and utterly disgusting, for him, for the void people who contacted him, and for the bunch of useful monkeys that will find entertaiment in this.
Agreed. Plus it's more salt in the wound for Trayvon's parents, who have to watch this asshole cavorting around making money off of killing their child. I'd be dressed in all black and hunting him down every night if it was my son.

Please write this book.

TheJLC

No one should be pop famous for murder. No one should held someone in high regard for being a mureder. Even less while mocking the fact ("I'd even fight a black guy!"). in the best of the cases, if it was self defense, that should be a dark closed chapter of your life, not your ticket to wealth. This is, absolutely and utterly disgusting, for him, for the void people who contacted him, and for the bunch of useful monkeys that will find entertaiment in this.

Killer, not murderer.

And that's the thing, in the media and entertainment business this kind of stuff sells. People are willing to pay and willing to watch anything this guy spews out because the media itself made him famous. If the media reported it, and then let the issue die, this guy would be nowhere. However, the media is everywhere this guy is. This guy has paparazzi following him. He's just taking advantage of the situation that he's been placed in.

Look at it this way. If the media made you a celebrity (for whatever infamous act you can think of) and you could profit legally, would you? Most of us would say no. But if you can't make it go away, and the media is waving money in your face, eventually you might say yes. This is how murderers, thieves, and other infamous people make money with books and stuff.

Killer, not murderer.

And that's the thing, in the media and entertainment business this kind of stuff sells. People are willing to pay and willing to watch anything this guy spews out because the media itself made him famous. If the media reported it, and then let the issue die, this guy would be nowhere. However, the media is everywhere this guy is. This guy has paparazzi following him. He's just taking advantage of the situation that he's been placed in.

Look at it this way. If the media made you a celebrity (for whatever infamous act you can think of) and you could profit legally, would you? Most of us would say no. But if you can't make it go away, and the media is waving money in your face, eventually you might say yes. This is how murderers, thieves, and other infamous people make money with books and stuff.
Are you seriously trying to justify what this prick is doing?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Killer, not murderer.

I don't care if he was acquitted. He's as much a murderer as OJ Simpson or Ted Bundy. There is no doubt in my mind that he murdered Trayvon Martin, regardless of what the jury said.

TheJLC

Are you seriously trying to justify what this prick is doing?

Nope. I think it's wrong.

But I'm saying that he's not the one going around saying he's willing to box any celebrity. The media is going to him and asking him to be part of it, and he agree to it. They are waving money in his face and want to make him more famous.

What if they invited him to be a host of American Idol, or dance off in Dancing with the Stars? You don't say you want to be in those shows, they invite you if they think the ratings will be good. That's what's happening here.

I don't care if he was acquitted. He's as much a murderer as OJ Simpson or Ted Bundy. There is no doubt in my mind that he murdered Trayvon Martin, regardless of what the jury said.

To the media he's just a celebrity, not a murderer. However, they know how everyone feels so they want to profit and so does he.

Ahasverus

Look at it this way. If the media made you a celebrity (for whatever infamous act you can think of) and you could profit legally, would you? Most of us would say no. But if you can't make it go away, and the media is waving money in your face, eventually you might say yes.
No? Why would I'd like to be recognized for the worst act of my entire life?
There are no books to be made, you just killed a person, ended its life, end of story, you can't get 500 pages out of it, it's enough with one word of shame. Perhaps we're from different worlds fella, I get why this happened, but I can't accept or even justify why it happened.

akira28

disrespectful to everything that has taken place thus far. this shithead is so tone deaf and doesn't even realize that he's sending this to a place even he doesn't want it to go.

Maybe he thinks this will allow people to move on, in some sick way. But win or lose, the beatings may never end.

TheJLC

No? Why would I'd like to be recognized for the worst act of my entire life?
There are no books to be made, you just killed a person, ended its life, end of story, you can't get 500 pages out of it, it's enough with one word of shame. Perhaps we're from different worlds fella, I get why this happened, but I can't accept or even justify why it happened.

Well look at it this way, most of these people don't write about the act, they also don't want to be recognized for it. They write about other stuff and it sells because of the act they are recognized for.

And I'm not saying I will, just that it would be tempting. If I did, I wouldn't be able to justify it aside from saying I did it because of greed. That's something I would not want to add to my wrap if I'm already infamous.

The previous chapter, in case you miseed it:

After being beaten to the ground by Towering Black Football Player Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman reluctantly pulls the trigger in self-defense. Martin falls back and lets loose a mighty African laugh. "So it begins!" he cries (translated from thug language).

The transponder on his wrist contacts the White House, where Operation Caliphate sits waiting.

"Your majesty," cries an aide (likely homosexual), "Agent Martin, codenamed Fire of Allah, has completed his mission!"

Imam Hussein Obama clasps his hands and smirks, a "jazz cigarette" in his mouth. "And now the honkies will pay."

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
How about no one signs up and no one goes to the event?

This feels like how people react to heels in wrestling now.

Further trivializing what this man has done, shouldn't even be entertained.

How about Trayvon's father or mother take up the challenge,.

Cyan

Banned
But I'm saying that he's not the one going around saying he's willing to box any celebrity. The media is going to him and asking him to be part of it, and he agree to it. They are waving money in his face and want to make him more famous.
From the article in the OP:
"It was my idea," the heavyweight gunslinger told Radar Online of his upcoming plans orchestrated by former professional boxer Damon Feldman.

Dryk

If this truly was self-defence (personally I don't buy it) I still wouldn't do it. Who wants to be reminded that they had to kill a kid however justified it was? Evidently this remorseless bastard but that's kind of the point.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Now and then, the culture of enabling that the media propagates makes me do an extra large eye roll. Seems to happen more and more lately.

Bodacious

Banned
It's not the same thing, not at all ... but the discussion in this thread reminded me of the situation with John Walsh, the host of "America's Most Wanted." He only became famous because his son, Adam Walsh, was abducted and murdered in 1981. Hell of a thing to ride to stardom.

Fame is determined by public interest. As long as people keep on clicking on every link they see with the name George Zimmerman on it, he will have a pony to ride.

Skeyser

As much as I want to see him get his ass kicked, fighting a professional boxer would be kind of stupid. He'd just end up getting knocked out within 10 seconds.

Truly sickening...almost approaching OJ "If I Did It" territory. It's bad enough that he seems to be relishing the fame that being a murderous scumbag brings...but so many people actually support the lowlife, and many are willing to pay the man.

Anyone with any morals at all would tell him to fuck off the moment he walked into their office. It just shows the hypocrisy of the media - they shat all over the WWE during the Chris Benoit fiasco, demanding they never profit from anything Benoit-related. Yet here they are themselves, falling over each other in efforts to latch onto this waste of oxygen to bring in viewers. They can justify with "he was acquitted" all they like, but fuck that...he's a murdering racist scumbag, and they can't wait to cash in.

Zee-Row

Banned
This fat ass couldn't beat up a skinny 17 year old teenager. What makes him think he could beat anybody with any remote knowledge of boxing?

I bet so many people want to kick his ass....

But no one should go just to show him how much no one really cares about him..and prove that he's not a celebrity.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Now and then, the culture of enabling that the media propagates makes me do an extra large eye roll. Seems to happen more and more lately.

This shit is mind boggling across the board for me.

What in the bumble fuck is happening? I don't even know anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom