• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman signs up for "celebrity boxing match".

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Can we not pool our money together to make sure a real boxer ends up fighting him? As in someone that would absolutely wreck him in seconds and make him hurt.

fondu_cropped.jpg

greenwood26n-3-web.jpg

Something smoldered within the dungeons of The "White" House, and for once it was not hashish.

"A thousand curses!" cried Caliph Hussein Obama, "First the honkynfidel foiled Operation Caliphate, and now he dares to challenge the first sport we stole from the white devil!" He flung his moon god idol across the room, nearly striking a trembling Jay Carney in his weak liberal forehead.

"With his superior strategy and intellect, he'll destroy any of our strongest brutes, even if they were hopped up on our most potent marihuana! If only there were a way..."

"Sir..." sniveled Carney in a probably homosexual sort of way, "Aren't... you half of each?"

Obama's face twist at the word "half" and his scimitar was already partly drawn before he stopped to reconsider.

"Yes... yes, Carney. You're right. The blood of Yacub, that for so long I considered a curse, could be my greatest weapon. I will turn the crackers' own strength against them! Carney! Call George Zimmerman! Tell him he has a match!"

this is a thread for the ages already, now we just need some epic gifs and at the end a mandrake summary

Ryaaan14

Banned
I know it's funny to a lot of people but it's disturbing as fuck to me that a guy in this country tries to market himself as a celebrity after murdering another human being.

TheJLC

From the article in the OP:

I know, but I'm talking about everything in general. Pretty much a caravan of media is following him asking for interviews. Their interviews are paid to Zimmerman which is one of the reasons ABC was unable to get one, as they supposedly do not pay for interviews.

And that quote specifically makes it seem like someone else came up with the idea, but he's taking credit for it. Damon Feldman has a history of pushing for celebrity fights. He likely came up with the idea and Zimmerman agreed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
As much as I'd love to see this fool get knocked out legally, the fact that he considers himself a celebrity after getting away with killing a defenseless kid and the idiot that wrote this piece playing him is so ridiculous to see.

Foaloal

I'm going to keep my opinions on the event that made him (in)famous out of this, so these are my thoughts on this specific topic:

He's already widely hated. If I were widely hated, and had an opportunity to make a decent amount of money that might make some people hate me a little more, I would probably take it to be honest.

He knows, and the producers of this must know, that a lot of people would tune in to see him in a fight, probably in the hopes of seeing him get wrecked.

Madness

This is really sadistic in a sense it's like Casey Anthony going and doing book signing at a children's daycare or something.

This is a guy who killed an unarmed teen. This is a man with a history of violence and he's turning his case in which he 'beat the system' into fame/celebrity for himself. Absolutely disgusting. Seriously, George go die in a hole somewhere and make some peace with God you sack of shit.

SpacLock

It's going to make that man a lot of money, and whether he's guilty or not no money should be made over a death like that. He most likely won't fight a real trained professional boxer, so anyone hoping for serious injury against a normal man in boxing gloves is going to be upset. Definitely shaking my head towards his choice to do this and anyone who would pay to see it. Tsk tsk tsk.

lednerg

I'm going to keep my opinions on the event that made him (in)famous out of this, so these are my thoughts on this specific topic:

He's already widely hated. If I were widely hated, and had an opportunity to make a decent amount of money that might make some people hate me a little more, I would probably take it to be honest.

He knows, and the producers of this must know, that a lot of people would tune in to see him in a fight, probably in the hopes of seeing him get wrecked.
This is really sadistic in a sense it's like Casey Anthony going and doing book signing at a children's daycare or something.

This is a guy who killed an unarmed teen. This is a man with a history of violence and he's turning his case in which he 'beat the system' into fame/celebrity for himself. Absolutely disgusting. Seriously, George go die in a hole somewhere and make some peace with God you sack of shit.

This is all about Damon Feldman, the promoter setting this up. He did some celeb boxing bullshit in the 90's, tried to get Marky Mark to fight Will Smith a year ago, and now he's doing this. I guarantee GZ has put very little thought into this, as with everything else.

Valnen

It's going to make that man a lot of money, and whether he's guilty or not no money should be made over a death like that. He most likely won't fight a real trained professional boxer, so anyone hoping for serious injury against a normal man in boxing gloves is going to be upset. Definitely shaking my head towards his choice to do this and anyone who would pay to see it. Tsk tsk tsk.

Serious injury will never happen from this. I doubt a real match will ever happen at all, actually.

C.B.

Something smoldered within the dungeons of The "White" House, and for once it was not hashish.

"A thousand curses!" cried Caliph Hussein Obama, "First the honkynfidel foiled Operation Caliphate, and now he dares to challenge the first sport we stole from the white devil!" He flung his moon god idol across the room, nearly striking a trembling Jay Carney in his weak liberal forehead.

"With his superior strategy and intellect, he'll destroy any of our strongest brutes, even if they were hopped up on our most potent marihuana! If only there were a way..."

"Sir..." sniveled Carney in a probably homosexual sort of way, "Aren't... you half of each?"

Obama's face twist at the word "half" and his scimitar was already partly drawn before he stopped to reconsider.

"Yes... yes, Carney. You're right. The blood of Yacub, that for so long I considered a curse, could be my greatest weapon. I will turn the crackers' own strength against them! Carney! Call George Zimmerman! Tell him he has a match!"

IS THIS REAL LIFE OR A COMIC BOOK.

I CAN'T EVEN TELL ANYMORE.

what.

Maybe it's both..

thezimmermanskkif.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Didn't this douche claim that he was scared to step outside his house because he feared for his life?

seriously though we got a murderer (allegedly, for a hate crime...allegedly) smiling on the camera signing up for an extension on his 15 minutes of fame.

this is heinous. i hope the slime gets brain damage.

TxdoHawk

Such weird behavior from a man who should probably be out of Florida and in hiding.

I wonder if he's really this dumb, or if he's decided that he can't stop people from hunting him down/harassing him and therefore wants to leverage his (somewhat forced?) publicity.

I think the press and the world would've forgotten about him had he gone off and hid, though, so I'm not buying the theoretical argument.

All I know is this man is going to regret doing what he does eventually. Someone in this thread half-joked that he's building himself up like a supervillain, and in a state like Florida it's only a matter of time before some lunatic decides they're Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom