• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GfK - One year after launch PS4 leads Xbone 4.4:1 in Germany

DieH@rd

Banned
Market research film GfK has released some sales numbers that cover everything up to end of November 2014
http://www.boerse-online.de/nachric...genueber-der-Xbox-One-weiter-aus-1000412979/1

Germany:
- PS4 1.2M, Xbone 270K, 4.44444:1
- Publisher rankings in Germany: EA 20.5%, ActiBlizz 13.9%, Ubi 11.8
- Fifa sales in Germany between 1.6 and 2M, depending on sources

[Anecdotal and semi-confirmed by data from several countries] - Rest of Europe has same or worse sales ratios for Xbone, except UK

edit - unreliable WW numbers removed, Europe ratio clarified

Seeing those low sales is weird. Everyone around me seems to be buying a XB1 to the point where I'm actually surprised, yet country-wide sales are low.

chadskin

I wonder how many of these German XBO consoles made their way to the Tier 2 countries before it was released there.

dugdug

Banned
Wait, so outside the UK, those are the best numbers for XB1 in Europe?

Germany leads with just 270k?

no wonder microsoft does everything they can and more to at least get the lead in the US and UK. otherwise there would be more of a battle with the WiiU than with the PS4...

Percy

Banned
WW numbers from VGfanfiction.net (but probably not too far off the actual WW split between the two consoles.)

Germany:
- Rest of Europe has same or worse sales ratios for Xbone, except UK

Damn, I bet Germany hasn't seen ownage like that since... uh... actually no, never mind.

gogogow

Wow and Germany was Tier 1 country too, so it was released alongside the PS4. I wonder how much the 360 sold versus the PS3.

Pezus

That's a 1m gap already in Germany alone. I wonder what the gap is in Europe as a whole. We know PS4 is ahead everywhere here, even in the UK.

nelchaar

That's a 1m gap already in Germany alone. I wonder what the gap is in Europe as a whole. We know PS4 is ahead everywhere here, even in the UK.

Too bad Germany doesn't have a Black Friday Microsoft can give away the console with 4 free games.

Xando

Seeing those low sales is weird. Everyone around me seems to be buying a XB1 to the point where I'm actually surprised, yet country-wide sales are low.

Exactly the opposite with my friends. I'm the only one with a XB1 everyone else is either PS4 or PC. (Even some Wii Us)

Pezus

I believe we last got an update as of the end of June for both consoles, when PS4 was 540k and XB1 170k. Since then the sales ratio has been 6.6:1.
No, that was not a typo. That's 6.6:1.

Asd202

Market research film GfK has released some sales numbers that cover everything up to end of November 2014
http://www.boerse-online.de/nachric...genueber-der-Xbox-One-weiter-aus-1000412979/1

Germany:
- Rest of Europe has same or worse sales ratios for Xbone, except UK
- Publisher rankings in Germany: EA 20.5%, ActiBlizz 13.9%, Ubi 11.8
- Fifa sales in Germany between 1.6 and 2M, depending on sources

edit - unreliable WW numbers removed

I knew it was bad but not this bad.

bombshell

I believe we last got an update as of the end of June for both consoles, when PS4 was 540k and XB1 170k. Since then the sales ratio has been 6.6:1.
No, that was not a typo. That's 6.6:1.

That is why initial marketshare is so important, because early adopters will get their friends to buy the same product, who in turn will get their friends etc.

It's already a lost cause for XB1 in most of Europe.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does it actually say this in the article, or is this the OP guessing?

If this is true, it is much bigger news than just Germany. Did Gfk not publish data for other markets? I'd like to see overall European PS4:Xb1 ratios, as well as Europe (excluding UK) ratios

I have to think that the price slashing in the US and UK probably turned even more people off the system outside those countries not getting all those sweet deals.

Top Bottom