• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Magazine: April 07 - UT3, Sup. Commander, Shiv. Isles, Huxley. Download for FREE!

Rlan

Liked Shawn on 1up yours this week? Love the GFW podcast but live outside America? Then Zinio is for you.

197454098lgoc8.jpg

Contents:

IN THIS ISSUE

UT3
Gears of War was just a warm-up. We visit Epic Games to get our hands on Unreal Tournament 3 -- and reveal the first details of the single-player (!) mode.

Love+Hate
Warren Spector, Bill Roper, Chris Taylor, and other game industry giants gather to discuss what's great -- and not so great -- about the game biz.

Confessions of a Hit Man
Got a score to settle in Battlefield 2? One self-proclaimed gun-for-hire griefs gamers for a living -- yes, in exchange for actual cash.

World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade
Is life in Outland really all it's cracked up to be? Just how serious an issue is mana addiction? We review the biggest expansion pack ever.

Universe at War: Earth Assault
We chat with Petroglyph (Star Wars: Empire at War) about their new ambition -- creating a massively multiplayer real-time strategy game.

Minisite
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3157512

HOW DO I GET IT?

1. Download your free online issue at this address:

http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=0744-6667&of=pstart&bd=1&rf=voodoo

This is avaliable to anyone worldwide, great for those who love the podcast and want to read the articles without waiting 2 months later and twice the price. The Zinio player is a simple download / viewing tool, so don't worry about it.

2. For those in the US - Get a free subscription to the Magazine here:

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/116/11608

OR

http://tinyurl.com/2d2b84

Spread the word.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
if this is a pay-download for a pdf; I was cursing out ziff for not giving me that option, while lsitening to jeff 'n crew bitch about people not reading their magazine. Sign me up. woo.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Nykad said:
gears is nothing like UT. I like gears because its slower paced. UT is very fast.
Not trying to sound like an asshole, but no shit. :lol

Of course I meant graphically lol. I don't expect big changes from the core of UT gameplay. Which is why I can't wait for it. :D

MirageDwarf said:
Does UT 3 has cover system like Gears?
Pretty sure it doesn't.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
You can subscribe to them sort of with Zinio that will then should just allow you to download each issue as they come out i think.

At least it let me download this issue last night when i turned my computer on.

Acosta

Anyone from Ziff (or who know about this) can confirm that with the subscription of Zinio they are the ones getting the money? I am interested in EGM and GFW and Zinio looks a great service but I need to know if it´s legal.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
Anyone from Ziff (or who know about this) can confirm that with the subscription of Zinio they are the ones getting the money? I am interested in EGM and GFW and Zinio looks a great service but I need to know if it´s legal.
oh hey. I'd like to know about this aswell. as currently I have paid for a subscription but it appears the issues of the magazines aren't actually being delivered, or can't be delivered. I don't know what's going on, but nevermind that. if this stuff works, I'll just buy these digital copies instead. was only $20 or something anyway for the other subscription, no big deal

kirs

Banned
Any subscribers get the April issue yet? My post office sucks, 1/2 our magazines never show up. The new issue seems to be either late getting here of it got nicked by the fanboy letter carrier :(

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
As much as I like free e-mags, I've passed on all of them due to that pos Zinio. I'll be all over it if they ever decide to use the standard/superior pdf.

Wellington said:
Hopefully not. I thought the cover system and it's oft clunky mechanics were the worst part of the game.
Yeah. I've seen more than one person who do not like cover system of Gears. Personally, I like it very much.

Last UT I played was UT 2003. It's been long time since then. I am excited about UT3. Will buy it for PC.

While reading interview of Chris Taylor from Apr 2007 issue, I found this interesting information:

GFW: Easy there, Chris-you've still got games to make. What else have you got on tap? Are you still wholly devoted to PC gaming, or have you looked into entering the console market?
Chris Taylor: Absolutely. We're always looking and, believe it or not, we have a brand-new, original game that we're working on that hasn't been announced yet. I can tell you that it's being developed for the Xbox 360-and that's because we love the platform and think the 360's online experience is world-class

:) I would love to play this game. I just hope it's not RTS. I prefer RTS on PC.

I really don't know how Americans put up with so many pages for adverts. Still it's not as bad as Vogue which I physically laughed at in a hairdressers once.

FartOfWar

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
I really don't know how Americans put up with so many pages for adverts. Still it's not as bad as Vogue which I physically laughed at in a hairdressers once.

I haven't tried Zinio in some time, but can't you just press a button to skip past ads, same way you'd flip past them in print? That said, I know that many Euro mags have loud alarms that trigger when readers attempt to breeze past ads without lingering on each. : P

rjcc

this zinio stuff sucks. I signed up, downloaded the software and it refuses to recognize my account

Akia

I enjoyed the Love/Hate article.

It's just so annoying to read on a computer screen. I'll read the rest when the physical mag comes in the mail.

Vaporak

Game for Windows Magazine said:
Shawn Elliott
Editor (Start)

Now Playing: Company of Hero's, Flight Simulator X, Crysis Demo
Crysis Demo
Crysis Demo
Crysis Demo
Crysis Demo

Wow, I'm so jealous. :(

ChrisD84

Can anyone who has already downloaded it post any UT3 info/pics from there please? :D

I'm not downloading their software to view it :p

Akia

BadAss84 said:
I'm not downloading their software to view it :p

I know posting scans of US mags is not allowed, I don't know in this case since the mag is free and for download. Just take the easy route and download the magazine yourself.

Top Bottom