• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM & Games for Windows Magazine Digital Editions - Download, for free!

ZeMMiK

I Like the zinio reader, it is easier navigating, auto zoom in and zoom out.. very nice.
I guess I only get this issue´s for free... but nice stuff

ZeMMiK said:
I Like the zinio reader, it is easier navigating, auto zoom in and zoom out.. very nice.
I guess I only get this issue´s for free... but nice stuff

If you visit the same link every month, you'll get the latest issue for free. :D

Tip: I've found that the latest EGM issues are always available for download on the Monday (or Tuesday where I'm from) after the scores and such are leaked. ;)

BlizzyAzz

tracky_dacks said:
If you visit the same link every month, you'll get the latest issue for free. :D

Tip: I've found that the latest EGM issues are always available for download on the Monday (or Tuesday where I'm from) after the scores and such are leaked. ;)

Thanks for the awesome tip, first time I read EGM and GFW :D

pubba

Thanks for the heads up!

English gaming mags cost a packet here in Taiwan.. This is a great service. Might even buy a couple of subs to keep me sane :)

Banned
tracky_dacks said:

How do you get it to work? A new email address every month? What do you answer when it asks if you have Zinio reader? Coz if you answer you have it, it asks you to load it up, which doesn't download new magazines... Help?

Tieno

666 said:
How do you get it to work? A new email address every month? What do you answer when it asks if you have Zinio reader? Coz if you answer you have it, it asks you to load it up, which doesn't download new magazines... Help?
I just do that and then it finds the new magazine when I check for new ones.

ram

666 said:

same problem here. created a new mail and signed in - i see the new mag and when i click to download it, zino reader starts the delivery manager and tells me, that i have already downloaded my publications. WTF?

Banned
ram said:
same problem here. created a new mail and signed in - i see the new mag and when i click to download it, zino reader starts the delivery manager and tells me, that i have already downloaded my publications. WTF?

Hmmm... Do you use a mac? I use a mac, wonder if it's due to that? I even get the email that says it's ready to download, takes me to that bloody screeen again.. ARGH! I'm in Australia too, not that I think that could mess with it.

Hooker

When's the new GFW up? (June)

I've got a subscription running but can't seem to get the newest issue like JDSN. What am I doing wrong?!

armubaba

WTF? Every time I go to download, I get this message:

Digital Magazine Delivery

Our records indicate that you have already downloaded this magazine, or taken advantage of this special offer. Click here to see more digital magazine offers at www.zinio.com.

homez99

Thanks for the bump guys, this thread was a permanent tab in Firefox but got purged a week ago for some reason. Nice to see another issue download work hassle free (for me anyways).

Banned
is there anyway of finding it in yr cache or something? the file HAS to exist on yr computer, yeah?

666 said:

666 said:
Hmmm... Do you use a mac? I use a mac, wonder if it's due to that? I even get the email that says it's ready to download, takes me to that bloody screeen again.. ARGH! I'm in Australia too, not that I think that could mess with it.

I use a Mac (and oddly enough, from Australia too) and I've had no problem downloading the mags. I use the same email address and when asked whether I've already got the reader I click yes and then I just start up the program, click check for publications, and it's there.

banKai said:
august issue of egm is up, if anyone missed it. soul iv looks great
Thanks for the tip, haven't even read the Bioshock story from last month yet.
It's just not the same reading it on the pooter.

homez99 said:
Get a laptop! Thanks for the bumpage by the way, got mine.
I do, but I fell victim to Apple's logic board failures in the 2004 iBooks. It has to be clamped to a desk due to some weak soldering on a video chip.
They wouldn't repair it.

Brakara

In case someone forgot: the August issue of GfW has been up for some weeks now. Cover story is Gears of War. Also details about Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer and Mercenaries 2.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I tried to dl that and it tells me all the publications have been dled, wtf? I dont get this thing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
homez99 said:
This month's edition is now up on Zinio - HALO 3 taking center spotlight of course.
Thanks for the heads up, I checked yesterday and it was still the SC4 issue, so I guess it just went up today

homez99

Error said:
I tried to dl that and it tells me all the publications have been dled, wtf? I dont get this thing.

Right, for all those struggling with using Zinio, you must do the following for every single issue:

Start here: http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=1058-918Xd&of=PI1&bd=1&rf=eb_2005

Follow all the steps in there, log in/create an account as applicable and stating whether you have Zinio already or not, and after a few pages it will say that the publication is ready to download (or something to that effect.)

Now, you must open Zinio itself, and click on the mailbox icon to check for new publications, and it should start downloading the issue automatically, and come up with a handy dialog box after, wondering if you would like to open it straight away, which is lovely and helpful. - REPEAT: YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE SAME PROCESS EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU WANT THE NEWEST ISSUE, IT WONT JUST DOWNLOAD AUTOMATICALLY! Then, you sit back and read basically, clicking at the edges of pages to go to the next page, and clicking on links in the content page in the magazine itself to go on through, it's very interactive. Moreover, you can click anywhere to zoom in, and click again to zoom out. Furthermore, you can navigate with your keyboard through the directional keys and such.

ram

homez99 said:
Right, for all those struggling with using Zinio, you must do the following for every single issue:

Start here: http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=1058-918Xd&of=PI1&bd=1&rf=eb_2005

Follow all the steps in there, log in/create an account as applicable and stating whether you have Zinio already or not, and after a few pages it will say that the publication is ready to download (or something to that effect.)

Now, you must open Zinio itself, and click on the mailbox icon to check for new publications, and it should start downloading the issue automatically, and come up with a handy dialog box after, wondering if you would like to open it straight away, which is lovely and helpful. - REPEAT: YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE SAME PROCESS EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU WANT THE NEWEST ISSUE, IT WONT JUST DOWNLOAD AUTOMATICALLY! Then, you sit back and read basically, clicking at the edges of pages to go to the next page, and clicking on links in the content page in the magazine itself to go on through, it's very interactive. Moreover, you can click anywhere to zoom in, and click again to zoom out. Furthermore, you can navigate with your keyboard through the directional keys and such.

that doesnt work.

just deinstall the zinio reader (all publications dont get deleted) and then dwonload and install again - et voila - new egm is there.

Top Bottom