• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima coming to PC May 16th

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ultrawide ✅
DLSS ✅
Reflex ✅

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Question for DualSense on PC, is it still dependent on being wired for the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers or that's wireless now?
wired only I believe

Celcius

°Temp. member
Surely there's no way that Gran Turismo 7 gets ported to PC next... is there?!

Just finished preordering GoT and deleted it off my PS5.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

Crazy that Nixxes worked on this and HFW at the same time. By far the most productive Sony studio.

Ratchet, HFW and GoT in a span of a year. Crazy.

Once everything has been ported, they should just be made a support studio to help Sony studios finish games on time.
I know it isn't easy but Nixxes isn't doing too much to modify the base game so 50% of the work is already done.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It also says:

Link your Steam account with your account for PlayStation™Network and gain access to the following early unlocks:

• Archery Master’s Attire
  • Charm of Canine Recruitment

Any chance that save progress or trophies/achievements could carry over if you link your accounts?

Last edited:
I've been considering picking this up again lately on PS5, still plays perfectly fine there, but I think I'll wait on this port instead.

Luipadre

Just in time before the sequel announcement. 2025 will be a good year for ps exclusives, DS2 and this is probably locked

Last edited:
Everything else from the nVidia leak has come true. That means Demon's Souls and Gran Turismo 7 are coming to PC soon as well :)

Even if Sony have reversed course on the PC strategy, the fact that every AAA game from them the past 7 years has come to PC, including all the ones from PS5 launch onwards, is,...well, that is going to set certain expectations going forward which will be very hard to reverse-train people on, I'll say that much.

And I'm more curious if those trained expectations result in shifting of spending habits and new hardware purchases from a certain segment of the enthusiasts base with dual platforms (console/PC), plus software & services habits.

Ironically GOT falls in a preferable window for a PC port; IMO it's just the fact all the other 1P games past four years aside Demon's Souls & GT7 (both in the Nvidia leak, so 100% happening) are on PC now, some as soon as 6 months but others within 2 years at most. Only the PS4 games took longer than that. So it's the combination of all those titles, the timings (this part in particular), the amount of ports (1P-wise virtually all the AAA releases since 2016 except Demon's Souls, GT Sport (decommissioned) and GT7) etc. where there's probably a somewhat dangerous precedent being set for the console longer-term, but ultimately that's Sony's problem to solve.

If things remain this way (all 1P non-GaaS getting ports 6 months - 2 years from console release), I think Switch 2 is going to surprise a lot of folks and eat a lot of Sony's lunch. Gonna be a lot of people making stupid faces wondering "how could this happen!?", when the answer's as simple as that Eric Andre meme.

drotahorror

I beat the first island via PS4 version on PS5. Then DC came out, I upgraded and beat the first island again.

Will I make it to the second island on PC? MAYBE BOYS!

Bloodborne PCunts seething once again. Enjoy GOT, bros.

At this rate they're going to get the whole slate, at a cheaper price, and with better performance options.

Or at the very least, the Nvidia leak will be giving them GT7 (this is probably why they're focusing on PSVR2 compatibility on PC) and Demon's Souls remake.

With the way it's trending, there'll be a Bloodborne remaster leak listing on Steam before the official blogpost & trailer go up, and no patch for console owners who bought the game.

😔

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
giphy.gif

I won't be playing this game even under a barrel of a gun. I haven't been so bored to death playing Sony exlusive probably since the first 2 Infamous games (haven't played PS4 one).

Last edited:
Top Bottom