• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima coming to PC May 16th

Senua

Gold Member
Demon's Souls Remake
Organize Black Cat GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

YCoCg

Enjoy folks, likely one of the last Sony game that won't be touched by those Sweet baby inc sickos
You'd think this game would be a shining example of why they're not needed, before release they were the types slandering this game by saying a white American studio shouldn't be doing this as it would be wrong or something, only for the game to be praised in Japan soo much that the studio was awarded by the Tsushima council themselves.

nial

Gold Member
With the way it's trending, there'll be a Bloodborne remaster leak listing on Steam before the official blogpost & trailer go up, and no patch for console owners who bought the game.
Huh, this would never happen.
Un oh, another blow to Sony's console. This is a win for the "why buy a ps5 crowd".
For PS4 games? I guess it's more trolling material for the post #108 guy, but outside of that, no one cares.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Even if Sony have reversed course on the PC strategy, the fact that every AAA game from them the past 7 years has come to PC, including all the ones from PS5 launch onwards, is,...well, that is going to set certain expectations going forward which will be very hard to reverse-train people on, I'll say that much.

And I'm more curious if those trained expectations result in shifting of spending habits and new hardware purchases from a certain segment of the enthusiasts base with dual platforms (console/PC), plus software & services habits.

Ironically GOT falls in a preferable window for a PC port; IMO it's just the fact all the other 1P games past four years aside Demon's Souls & GT7 (both in the Nvidia leak, so 100% happening) are on PC now, some as soon as 6 months but others within 2 years at most. Only the PS4 games took longer than that. So it's the combination of all those titles, the timings (this part in particular), the amount of ports (1P-wise virtually all the AAA releases since 2016 except Demon's Souls, GT Sport (decommissioned) and GT7) etc. where there's probably a somewhat dangerous precedent being set for the console longer-term, but ultimately that's Sony's problem to solve.

If things remain this way (all 1P non-GaaS getting ports 6 months - 2 years from console release), I think Switch 2 is going to surprise a lot of folks and eat a lot of Sony's lunch. Gonna be a lot of people making stupid faces wondering "how could this happen!?", when the answer's as simple as that Eric Andre meme.

It's making me question whether I'll get a PS5. I was thinking I probably will this year, but not with much enthusiasm. If everything is going to end up on PC then it makes me lean towards not bothering.

Neofire

Huh, this would never happen.

For PS4 games? I guess it's more trolling material for the post #108 guy, but outside of that, no one cares.
I don't recall replying to you high horse hillbilly. It's only trolling because you don't like it and noone cares about that. Keep it moving.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Add me to the list of folks who will finally attempt to beat this game on PC. I also stopped playing at the second island, both times playing GOT - it is a pretty damn thick game. Hopefully this creates a renewed interest in Legends as that mode was wildly fun.

Un oh, another blow to Sony's console. This is a win for the "why buy a ps5 crowd".

GTA6 is going to shatter records on consoles. It will likely do so again when it releases on PC. I think folks are really over-estimating the number of people who want something NOW instead of "possibly cheaper later."

TheStam

Cool. Good list of features like DLSS3, DLAA, Ultrawide support, Reflex. I'll buy it at some point. It looks pretty cool, although maybe a little bit like a ubisoft game.

ToadMan

PC gamers are finally getting a great game from last gen console. I don't know if it has aged well though - has it been 5 years now?

I feel like it was great partly because no one expected anything from it - much like HD2 has done, GoT also came from left of field without much hype following it and then hit big.

Anyway, I'm excited this precedes a current gen GoT 2 coming soon - get some PC gamers on board and then FOMO them with a sequel.

Last edited:

Fabieter

And with no announcement for Ghosts of Tsushima 2 whatsoever (at this point, will it even be a PS5 exclusive for any reasonable amount of time?)...

There wont be any exclusives by the end of this gen.

If they further increase all kind of prices on ps5 while giving nothing special they will be fucked starting next gen. All this decisions won't matter this gen but sony will see that their brand dont matter when they stay on course.

Anyway I won't by ps6 myself.

PC gamers are finally getting a great game from last gen console. I don't know if it has aged well though - has it been 5 years now?

I feel like it was great partly because no one expected anything from it - much like HD2 has done, GoT also came from left of field without much hype following it and then hit big.

Anyway, I'm excited this precedes a current gen GoT 2 coming soon - get some PC gamers on board and then FOMO them with a sequel.
The meltdown when the sequel get's ported to PC 6-8 mos. later is gonna be epic.

Nixxes porting Sucker Punch's tech to PC almost assuredly precludes the sequel being substantially easier to implement and release on the PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom