• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - new leaked footage

Definitely looks great graphically, but as others have said, I'm not sure about the combat. Will wait to see more.

Last edited:
I hope the quests are interesting. Not too worried about gameplay as a filthy casual I like simple combat and this will work just fine. World seems so empty in nearly all footage so far... Aren't there towns and villages hubs? This typical forest exploration makes it look like Days Gone/Horizon despite the vastly different setting...

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Me in a couple months playing this

Randy-Marsh-South-Park-Guitar-Queero.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
I’m a bit concerned about combat. Enemies seem to be brain dead but it might be set to easy or something.
100%, He is playing with loads going on in the room. I would say most casuals will be the same... look at his trophy list too.... not hardcore.

GymWolf

Still a hundred times better than any combat you'd see in Assassins Creed. I just think the game will be so much more interesting to what we are used to seeing in this space.
from what i saw, no, not really, it's still hard to judge.

but i suspect that the player in the leak is very unskilled and make the combat looks worse than it actually is.
we need some footage from someone that doesn't only smash the attack button.

I think that person spamming attack all the time was just looking to make it look very very bad, there wasn't parries but only spamming of dodge and attack lol I think SP didn't count on people spamming dodges INTO the NPCs and bears that this guy kinda bugged out the animations at the bear part. Good luck dodging into swordsmen getting insta killed LOL Also realized that he's playing on easy and that's why spam attacks at least kills the enemies easy with his no-skill play style, and he heals a lot in between since I guess he really sucks at parrying. I bet he died a lot too but didn't include those parts and cut them out.

It's as thought and feared. I was wondering why they kept gameplay clips to a minimum and they kept showing the same segments over and over. Hopefully, the dude above is playing on easy or something...

It has also been hinted that Jin's skills will develop so much during the course of the game that it will be possible to "devastate" an entire enemy camp.
i remembered when i posted the thread, it was one of my concerns.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It looks fantastic but I don't like the horse being on one side of the screen all the time. I hope there's a setting so we can have it in the centre.

WellSheet

Can't step on Naughty Dog's toes. Especially since this looks much better than their game.

Agreed.

I don’t the Ghost is going to revolutionize anything, but it looks totally competent and it is basically delivering that “Japanese AC” wish thats been called for for years. That alone would be enough for it to have more spot light. It’s a really different game than TLOU2 also.

I guess the frustration just stems from seeing this teams big effort get slacked...I’m sure it’ll still sell 5million or more, and be a success. Whatever, I’m just whining.

Sygma

Combat is fucking tight at the highest difficulty. Its basically one hit kills galore and you'll die from a single critical hit. Also dont worry about the dismemberment / powerful attacks, its all in there / linked to stances / skills

Dude's just bad

Last edited:
Top Bottom