• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - new leaked footage

Sakura

I dunno about the combat, but the animations looked kind of shitty from what I seen in officially released gameplay videos. Firing arrows at guys heads and they just seem to fly back so unnaturally, like they got hit by a car.. And maybe not animations I guess, but when you assassinate people or cut people down, there is just blood that comes out and that's it. No dismemberment or anything, no visible wounds, even the clothes don't appear to get cut.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I haven't liked anything they've done to be honest. I don't know I might rent it I get a bad enough Bushido Blade craving but I can't see myself going out of my way to play it unless it really turns out amazing and free of Sony's usual BS.

by Sony’s usual BS you mean game of the year? It’s great that they have an embarrassment of riches

anyway the leaked footage looks awesome

Threads like this remind me how so many people here don’t like games. They just like crying about them on the internet. Even when they haven’t played them.
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Yea man, but in all fairness its a forum where video games are discussed. The funny thing is people like to think that the directors of TLOU2 had an agenda, boy spend a few weeks in here and you'll get you some real agenda LOL

Most of the time they're bitter or just want to get under someone, anyones skin. So they'll post some shit and sit and wait for someone to respond.

Last edited:
This game looks pretty damn good. I have questions about the general depth of this game and it looks a bit spotty in the combat department, but I give Sucker Punch the benefit of the doubt.

DavidGzz

The only bad thing about this is that it killed my hype for Valhalla. The best addition to Valhalla is dismemberment and it looks like we'll get that here with a more interesting world and better graphics 4 months sooner.

BlueLyria

Game looks good IMO, from the clip it's very clear that the guy playing has the game set to a lower difficulty and is just spamming attack, If I boot up DMCV, put it on Human and spam attack it won't look like a very good game either.
Honestly, I haven't been disappointed with a Sucker Punch game yet.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Game looks good IMO, from the clip it's very clear that the guy playing has the game set to a lower difficulty and is just spamming attack, If I boot up DMCV, put it on Human and spam attack it won't look like a very good game either.
Thats true with most all games, even in Sekiro some people use one hit and run away tactics and in Vanquish some play them like your typical cover shooter and it really not fun to watch.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
You cannot be serious?

*checks post history*

Oh, he really is..... Deary me.
Yup, it's the same every time we get a PlayStation exclusive, there's just a certain group of people that cannot wait to try and bring the tone down, always the same bullshit repeated. Things like 'canned animation' or 'the animations are terrible'.... this was said about Death Stranding, which had the same animations as MGSV (Nobody had any complaints about the animations there coincidentally)

They were never going to buy the game, they never had interest in it and only want to see it fail...which is a sad reflection on them IMO. Same people will be there on metacritic with multiple accounts trying to review-bomb it!

Yeah you literally can hear him keep spamming attack button lol.
Btw am i the only one think horse animation looks good? And he looks cute when jumping around like a rabbit lol.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I am getting this game and most everything looks great but I can also admit that animation of being thrown by the bear is really bad. No big deal, I'll just make sure he doesn't throw me in the game. I hope it gets fixed.

Yup, it's the same every time we get a PlayStation exclusive, there's just a certain group of people that cannot wait to try and bring the tone down, always the same bullshit repeated. Things like 'canned animation' or 'the animations are terrible'.... this was said about Death Stranding, which had the same animations as MGSV (Nobody had any complaints about the animations there coincidentally)

They were never going to buy the game, they never had interest in it and only want to see it fail...which is a sad reflection on them IMO. Same people will be there on metacritic with multiple accounts trying to review-bomb it!

The sad truth about modern gamers.

When we did we become such negative Nancy's?

I think there is something legitimate to be said about the enemy npc animations. In contrast the bear was very well animated and so is the horse and horse riding. So it's inconsistent. The quality of animation on enemy NPC's suffice per industry standard but definitely not in the top tier department or among their peers in Sony Santa Monica/ND/Guerrilla. The player/Jin clearly has had much more attention in the animation department. I guess this reflects on the size of the studio a lot - and by default the quality of the graphics that make the poor animations stand out like a sore thumb. In motion and on a TV it will always look better but still. If the game is a success they could do with hiring 10-15 more animators for this specific task.

The more photo-realistic the graphics get, the more animators needed for games.

Last edited:
I dunno about the combat, but the animations looked kind of shitty from what I seen in officially released gameplay videos. Firing arrows at guys heads and they just seem to fly back so unnaturally, like they got hit by a car.. And maybe not animations I guess, but when you assassinate people or cut people down, there is just blood that comes out and that's it. No dismemberment or anything, no visible wounds, even the clothes don't appear to get cut.

......dismemberment is in the game.

WTF are you talking about :|

And the other things you're talking about like visible wounds and clothes being cut is present in how many games?

Closest I can think of currently is The Last of Us, other than that, what else?

Do armors being shot off in other video games count as to what you're referring to?

Because it sounds like you're just whining about things that a plethora of games do not currently have within them, AAA or not.

GymWolf

Re-watched all the leaks, yeah the game has some pretty funny clunky animations everywhere...

God i hope sense of progression, story and exploration are top notch because i'm really getting my hype sucked off by these leaks.

One side is a little salty that they didn’t have much fun last gen compared to the other two sides who were swimming in it 😏

I don't know about that at all.

I'm pretty sure the internet has - over time - made a large number of us negative over time.

It's the Cultivation Theory in effect, changing our perception into a slow deathly negative train wreck in the making.

DavidGzz

Not every game is going to have TLOU2 caliber animations either. Open world games always seem to have some issues. That Valhalla and Legion footage had even worse animations and jank. I'm not talking about the trailers, the actual footage from previewers. Just look at ACG's video of Legion. From his player characters whole face going through his turtle neck to the old ladies sitting on a bench phasing through the concrete and doing random shit. I think that once you get used to the game and don't spam, the combat will look great in Ghost of Tshushima.

Xtib81

Let's not forget that sucker punch is a rather small team, around 150 people so don't expect rdr2's level of detail..
I think it looks great from what we've Seen so far

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned

or they just don't like it? this is the other side of that console war crap. the initial trailers for the game wowed but the game itself looks merely good to me.

Evilms

Banned
8eY1YQC.jpg

GymWolf

or they just don't like it? this is the other side of that console war crap. the initial trailers for the game wowed but the game itself looks merely good to me.
Shhh don't say intelligent stuff in here or the sony mob is gonna get you while you are asleep.

I absolutely love the fact that people trash the jankiness in ac valhalla but they don't notice the jank in tsushima and whoever call that out is an hater.

I have the game preordered, i opened various topics about the game, posted a lot of gifs, articles etc., am i an hater too?

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Shhh don't say intelligent stuff in here or the sony mob is gonna get you while you are asleep.

I absolutely love the fact that people trash the jankiness in ac valhalla but they don't notice the jank in tsushima and whoever call that out is an hater.

I have the game preordered, i opened various topics about the game, posted a lot of gifs, articles etc., am i an hater too?
The jank in AssCreed is on a completely different level. I had tons of people teleport around during finisher animations in Odyssey.
Ghost looks much more polished than that bloated mess.

KiNeMz

Banned
So much hate on this game. I think it looks amazing. I suppose you can all go watch it on YouTube like the youngins play all their games now. Need to play a game to judge it.

Death stranding the most boring game to ever watch. A game that was amazing to play.

Top Bottom