• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - new leaked footage

AmuroChan

Combat is fucking tight at the highest difficulty. Its basically one hit kills galore and you'll die from a single critical hit. Also dont worry about the dismemberment / powerful attacks, its all in there / linked to stances / skills

Dude's just bad

Does that mean combat is not tight when playing at lower difficulty? I feel like most reviewers are going to play it at normal or lower difficulty.

Kumomeme

need more better look at combat.....but its no use to judge combat based on video since some of it might look clunky outside but different story when we actually hold controller...no use to have cool animation on outside but totally unresponsive and floaty when player actually press the button

we will see once the game launch

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
My metacritic prediction of 83 is looking even more likely now. I would be insanely happy and surprised if it outdid spiderman or horzion in reviews but i doubt it

AmuroChan

Anyone play on easy shouldn't be a reviewer let alone getting paid for that shit

I don't disagree, but unfortunately being competent at games is not one of the requirements for landing a job at most mainstream gaming outlets these days.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It bugs the shit out of me how a samurai in full armor is running around with a sword when he could just be impaling people with a spear/shooting his bow while he rides his horse around em.

We rdr now?

What patch?
According to the latest leaks for Ghost of Tsushima, as spotted by Twisted Voxel, the combined day-one update size for the game is now 7.9 GB. That encompasses both Ghost of Tsushima updates 1.01 and 1.02. As is typical for early updates like these, their patch notes aren't particularly detailed; they only reference making fixes to localization issues and miscellaneous bugs.

giphy.gif

tryDEATH

Phenomenal looking game world, but I just don't see that gameplay loop being that rewarding considering every human is basically a 1 hit kill. Sounds absurd, but I would have preferred if the enemies were spongier and could take a few more hits, so that its more of a back and forth, which boss fight probably are, but not your average NPC that you will mostly be running into.

The 1 hit kill worked in AC, because you had to be stealthy, here its just too straight forward and doesn't seem to be as rewarding, especially not based on the way he killed those 2 guys in the 1st video I didn't even realized he killed them till he was walking away from them.

That first video had me confused as shit. Thought the music in the background were sound effect from the game, I was like "Wow, these sound effects don't sound very feudal Japan" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I had some doubts about the combat, but I'm actually like what I'm seeing. One thing tho, that RED bright light when someone is about to attack you, it's freaking absurdly bright and in your face. I hope I can turn that down, I've prefer something little more subtle.

DonJorginho

Banned
Combat looks decent imo. Miles better than the likes of Assassin's Creed and The Witcher 3, it looks like good fun to play just like the Infamous games, I'm not expecting Sekiro/Nioh level smoothness as I'm more hyped for the exploration than anything else.

Bring on Friday!

Ya idk where in the world infamous 2nd son became hailed as some underrated gem lol. That game was insanely shallow

It was fun as fuck, the movement was awesome and most of the powers were great to mess around with. The game looked stunning as well, like the use of very strong colored particle effects still look great. Sucker Punch is a great studio, I just don't like how the expectations have been set for this game.

sendit

I'll hold my judgement on the gameplay until this Friday. Watching is totally different than playing. However, the visuals in this game look fantastic.

evanft

I haven't liked a game by Sucker Punch since Sly Cooper. Hopefully this will break that streak, but I'm not too hopeful based on the footage I've seen so far. I fear this may be another Days Gone. Competent, but ultimately not really worth playing.

kunonabi

I haven't liked a game by Sucker Punch since Sly Cooper. Hopefully this will break that streak, but I'm not too hopeful based on the footage I've seen so far. I fear this may be another Days Gone. Competent, but ultimately not really worth playing.

I haven't liked anything they've done to be honest. I don't know I might rent it I get a bad enough Bushido Blade craving but I can't see myself going out of my way to play it unless it really turns out amazing and free of Sony's usual BS.

Top Bottom