• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Closed Beta Discussion Thread

Ashtar

My thoughts
Graphics are not great
Vehicles control pretty terribly
Writing voice acting directing are all trash tier
Gun play is serviceable
But once you get a few friends in and start coordinating attacks that's all out the window, the game really comes into its own, some thing like jumping out of a helicopter and parachuting into enemy territory will never get old.
I do wonder if it will keep me engaged through a whole game

XB1 Pros

Game looks great to me
Very fun Co-Op
Gunplay felt great
Customization is awesome
Enemy AI seems decent
Love the skill trees

XB! cons
Driving controls are shit to damn floaty ( this could be a deal breaker for me)
Lip Synching is crappy but it's beta so no biggie
Mission variety in the beta at least seems repetitive

Being a beta I like what I see so far and I will still monitor the game. I won't pre-order at the point, but I am enjoying this more than The Division

is it normal for enemies to respawn in locations that you have previously cleared out? the game feels like an ugly version of Just Cause without the destruction, wingsuit or fun.

Tagg9

Hey, I just started playing on PS4. Anyone interested in teaming up?

/edit: I guess that's a no. =( If anyone comes online later, add me on PSN: TaggSte

Iorv3th

This feels really really rough.

First mission I did to rescue some guy from a barn, sneak him out of there and when I go to get in a vehicle he just keeps running into the grill of the vehicle instead of getting in. I reverse the car and he dies and disappears from the world, you failed.

The game feels like an unpolished multiplayer far cry 3. The graphics look better but the driving is bad, the gunplay to me doesn't feel very good.

AI is terrible. First mission I was shooting down from a tower and picking them off with a full automatic. They saw me and would eventually shoot back, then I would duck back and they stopped shooting and I would peek back out and have 5 seconds to kill another before they started shooting again and as soon as I ducked back they would stop. They didn't even move from their positions or anything.

Game doesn't feel like ghost recon at all. Just seems like a mediocre third person shooter that will be forgotten about after a month or two.

I'll play more later, but first impressions are not good.

This game feels rough as fuck. Why is Ubisoft unable to create a game with a decent sound design btw? Watch Dogs 2 now this...both sound bad.

I'll prob buy because it has potential but it feels like right now it's a MAX 8. Game is just so clunky and the final boss fight was absolute garbage. Why even put that in?

DrBo42

Finished the available missions with friends. This is a pass for all of us. Core game just isn't interesting enough, lack of focus and polish is very apparent.

CSJ

Not 60fps or anything but i kid you guys not and i did hit apply lol.

What's smooth for you? The actual FPS?

Because some people don't care if they have 30fps and their opinion of it is smooth, where for me that's trash tier.

DeaDPo0L84

This game on paper should be enough to entice me and friends to hop on board. After playing a few hours it just feels very amateurish. Not trying to hate on the devs but this game feels completely uninspired. Just a bunch of open world cliches blended together where it never excels at any of them. This is an easy pass since I don't see what they could fix in a months time when this game clearly feels like it needs another year or so.

Having fun in coop with friends but as others have said the game feels quite rough. AI and driving are my two big complaints so far.

The world feels quite empty too; just some prefabricated villages spotted around.

Still some other good / decent stuff there and a good bit of fun with friends.

+Gorgeous game at times
+Shooting feels good
+Co-op can be great fun

-The main camera view feels off to me expecially when spriting (When you put your gun away the camera is amazing)
-The Netcode is terrible. Ran over my friend and he didn't die. He said I was over off on his right.
-Land Vehicles (flying is decent enough)
- Everyone needs to *tag* supplies. Every should get credit if in the area.

+-It feels like a ubi open world game (which is fine in co-op to me)

I truly feel like this game could use another 6 months to polish and fix what needs to be. Being silent on PVP is a dumb move as well. I have 6 friends who would insta-buy if it had dedicated competitive PVP.

Also... it's not a "beta" The game is out in 4 weeks.

Chumley

Banned
This game on paper should be enough to entice me and friends to hop on board. After playing a few hours it just feels very amateurish. Not trying to hate on the devs but this game feels completely uninspired. Just a bunch of open world cliches blended together where it never excels at any of them. This is an easy pass since I don't see what they could fix in a months time when this game clearly feels like it needs another year or so.

Leaves me wondering how in the hell they've spent 4 years on this, and how ubi ever approved that voice acting.

EL CUCO

Beat all the mission on Ghost difficulty, it was about the only way we were able to squeeze some tactical gameplay out of this. Game has its moments, definitely NOT a day one purchase tho. Probably something I pick up 6 months from now after its been patched up and polished a bit.

Grimsen

That "shit balls" the player character keeps saying In the flattest voice possible pretty much sums up my experience with the game.

The game is fucking rough.

Man, it's a good thing this is coming out towards the end of the year. This has so many bugs, I wouldn't dare pick this up in this state.

Oh. It releases next month.

giphy.gif

The gulf between single-player and co-op is wide.

Single-player is okay. Co-op is my flippin' jam and I don't even really play multiplayer games that much.

Seriously, if you're not trying this co-op, you're missing out.

Single-player is okay. Co-op is my flippin' jam and I don't even really play multiplayer games that much.

This. Co-op makes this game for me, despite some of its issues.

opricnik

Banned

Does Co-Op makes Terrible AI, terrible performance issues,sounds,gunplay better?
If not why recommend me over single player

Game really started to click for me. Sneaking up to these compounds or points of interest, doing recon using cover of darkness, the terrain to your advantage. Man it feels way cooler than it should based on the limited stealth mechanics. I like that you just roll up crouching and don't have magical cover mechanics that make you invisible. Fix a little control jank, make the gun sound fx a little more beefy and we good to go. The crazy things, is I even had fun solo. Co op is ridic fun, but I enjoyed the methodical movement when solo. My friends are a little trigger happy. Hahha.

Oh, you have to play on elite or higher. Completely different game. Default difficulty is way too easy.

Co-Op will mask a lot of its issues because that always makes things more enjoyable but the game seems like it will be very shallow/repetitive. I say that as someone who actually likes the Ubisoft gameplay loop that people deride them for.

Yea. I'm more than happy to pick this up for $48 at Best Buy. Helps I also had the Visa checkout on top. I'm a co-op first gamer, and it was a lot of fun to mess around with buddies. It's like Mercenaries 2.

I'm not really seeing a difference.

The fact here, at least for me, is that the core of the game is just not that fun. I tried a bit of co-op today, but it just ended up feeling sort of like The Division. A lot of running all over the map and completing objectives, but nothing that actually engaged us and encouraged actual fun teamwork.

The world is pretty but after playing 2-3 hours I feel I have seen all and the game will end becoming a chore with such a large map and number of missions/icons. Not my game at full price taking into account I will be playing solo most of the time.

big_z

not sure what area of the map is open in the beta, but if there's any swimming pools try jumping in them. curious if they still act like spring boards that can cause you to hover 5 feet above ground.

check if your NAT is red. the game doesn't work well with restrictive nat and known to cause problems.

v1lla21

I really enjoyed it. Didn't run into any major bugs or glitches. While the land does feel a bit barren and empty there was enough in the beta to keep me happy. Controls are fine as well as vehicles were easy to use. Gun sounds are meh but it didn't stop me from enjoying the beta. Animations are pretty dope when running down a hill.
3PaunaO.jpg

I like this game a lot. It's the right kind of janky and it's satisfying to slowly clear out an area. I might wait and see how much they improve on release.

Top Bottom