• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like, other than reaper being an edgelord, is there enough characterisation in general to make people actually hate or love a character?

I'm disappointed Overwatch doesn't keep the weekly playlists. What ran during the beta gave me an excuse to try different characters. This new arcade playlist is fun, but it's also gone in a week? I don't get it.

Wunder

I'm disappointed Overwatch doesn't keep the weekly playlists. What ran during the beta gave me an excuse to try different characters. This new arcade playlist is fun, but it's also gone in a week? I don't get it.

It's the same "Brawl" mode they have in hearthstone. A different set of rules each week. What happens in Hearthstone is that they'll introduce 4-5 rules and then kind of just rotate them around each week. Occasionally they'll get around to developing a new set of rules and implement that in the rotation too.

Like, other than reaper being an edgelord, is there enough characterisation in general to make people actually hate or love a character?

There's a fairly good amount of flavor dialogue, including some character-pair-specific ones. You definitely get a sense of their personalities.

Wunder

the voice lines and pre-game talk do a lot to introduce personality into the characters. Some of it also comes from how strong/weak a character is or how annoying they are to play against.

It's the same "Brawl" mode they have in hearthstone. A different set of rules each week. What happens in Hearthstone is that they'll introduce 4-5 rules and then kind of just rotate them around each week. Occasionally they'll get around to developing a new set of rules and implement that in the rotation too.

Oh, that's not too bad. Thought it's one and done.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also mei might be the first chinese character I've seen in a mainstream game since... sleeping dogs?

Though I'm sure homefront wishes that they can use chinese characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The drop rate of good shit in the loot boxes seems to have plummeted since beta.

And now you can buy loot boxes with real money

follow the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom