• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

The 'you have no support' or 'you have too many snipers' in the select screen would be amazing if any randos were willing to switch off their main. So many game losses in the beta because we had just awful team composition that I couldn't fix by switching myself.

popo

Do you think they will include the first half hour of time wasting when they put the archive up or cut to the gameplay? Sorry. Forgot which site I was talking about. Raw, don't edit for nothin'.

The 'you have no support' or 'you have too many snipers' in the select screen would be amazing if any randos were willing to switch off their main. So many game losses in the beta because we had just awful team composition that I couldn't fix by switching myself.

Surprisingly when I played in the beta, randos would usually pick until the little pop ups went away. It was surprisingly decent playing it solo?

Bastion is so powerful because almost no Hanzos actually know how to use the damn character well. So damn easy to pick those big dumb turrets out with him.

We'd recommend you try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji, or Widowmaker. Hero Switching is a main element to Overwatch.

(The overwatch twitter account repeated this so many times to people who complained about bastion)

yami4ct

We'd recommend you try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji, or Widowmaker. Hero Switching is a main element to Overwatch.

(The overwatch twitter account repeated this so many times to people who complained about bastion)

Almost no other Hanzos I've seen made use of his scattershot. One hit at the ground even near Bastion and he's dead at full health if he isn't shielded. So easy.

There's also been numerous occasions where my team couldn't wait two damn seconds before running out and getting gunned down by Bastion. I've got him, just give me literally 2 seconds to get off the shot. So many dumb wipes.

Almost no other Hanzos I've seen made use of his scattershot. One hit at the ground even near Bastion and he's dead at full health if he isn't shielded. So easy.

There's also been numerous occasions where my team couldn't wait two damn seconds before running out and getting gunned down by Bastion. I've got him, just give me literally 2 seconds to get off the shot. So many dumb wipes.

Bastion is the raid boss of Overwatch

yami4ct

Bastion is the raid boss of Overwatch

Like, I didn't want to be that guy, but I was seriously close to typing 'play your class' and 'this isn't a TDM game' on so many occasions. People are so used to just running around like dummies in CoD.

Anyone noticed how much they don't turn on vsync for PC games?

Unless I have a lot of FPS to spare or the screen tearing is really, really bad, performance>screen tear every time. I don't notice minor screen tearing most of the time.

Like, I didn't want to be that guy, but I was seriously close to typing 'play your class' and 'this isn't a TDM game' on so many occasions. People are so used to just running around like dummies in CoD.

But I'm Reaper

if I'm not 'die die die'-ing constantly then this game isn't fun

I'm NOT a psychopath

what are you looking at

overwatch is FINISHED

Bastion is so powerful because almost no Hanzos actually know how to use the damn character well. So damn easy to pick those big dumb turrets out with him.

I dont know how, Im just sure that A) that there is some ways of dealing with that and B) that the joke pics from that are hilarious.

yami4ct

I dont know how, Im just sure that A) that there is some ways of dealing with that and B) that the joke pics from that are hilarious.

The thing about Bastions is that 99% of Bastions are dummies that don't take supports with them. Even if they do, it's still fairly easy to take them out. Snipers are pretty hard counters for Bastion.

The thing is, most randoms don't care about team play and also are bad at sniper classes, so Bastion can do hilarious shit.

demidar

I have bigger problems with Roadhog than Bastion.

600 health, immense heal and a ranged grab that's OHK against half the cast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If anyone wants to doubt how this game will sell
KIsreHj.png

yami4ct

Yeah it is on cooldown but it was fun cause no one knew how to take him out in beta.

Taking out Bastions over and over was the best as Hanzo. Tanking out Cart campers in general was real fun.

You can easily snipe anyone on the cart with Hanzo, but his Ult is a goddamn monster. I've wiped so many full teams on cart maps with that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They do, I've seen it happen many times.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Games beating League of legends on release. I watched Twitch streamer jump onto one game from another. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain.

justjim89

I feel like I'm the only one that likes Tracer as a character. Of course, I've always been a sucker for cartoonish English accents, so I'm probably just weird.

FStop7

Banned
If anyone wants to doubt how this game will sell
KIsreHj.png

It's so strange to me because I remember a lot of indifference being cast toward Overwatch when it was announced. I was at Blizzcon when they unveiled the game and I was pretty hyped by what I saw of it being played on the show floor. There must have been 100 demo stations and I still didn't get a chance to try it because of the long lines.

Then when it the game's announcement was discussed on the Bombcast they were so.. flat.. about it. I know the "GB is jaded" thing is lame but they do have their moments when they seem to go out of their way to be indifferent.

Eh, anyway, glad to see they're not digging in their heels and are actually enjoying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom